Type keyword(s) to search

Phil Miller: Luckily, He Doesn't Need Reading Glasses

It's embarrassing, but I would totally be like Phil in a similar situation. I'd travel around the country for a couple of years, looking for people. Then, I would set up shop in the White House (strong fence, just in case zombies). Plunder the Smithsonian. As the situation became increasingly grim, the White House would start looking like a hoarding cat lady lived there and I would devolve into a drunken, masturbatory haze.

Uh, did I just say that out loud?

• Love 4

Did anyone see Will Forte in Nebraska?  It won some awards and was nominated for a lot.  I really liked it and thought it far superior to August,Osage County.  It starred Bruce Dern.

I just saw it this weekend and really liked it. 

• Love 3

Oh man, I am going to presume the title of this thread refers back to the classic Burgess Meredith Twilight Zone episode and deem it the best title EVER!

But the irony, which now makes it a little confusing, is that one of the promo pics they are using in reviews of the new season shows Phil in bed with Carol at the White House, wearing...reading glasses.  Oops!

• Love 1

But the irony, which now makes it a little confusing, is that one of the promo pics they are using in reviews of the new season shows Phil in bed with Carol at the White House, wearing... reading glasses. Oops!

They're just cheaters, though—not prescription. Available at any drugstore.

Is it an UO to say I don't like the beard?

• Love 2

Is there any other kind of reading glasses?  Those are the ones I use...I remember my mom starting to use them when I was in high school.

What does UO mean?

• Love 1

Not at all.  I don't like facial hair on men, period, and even less so on someone as hot as Will Forte is when he's clean-shaven (seriously, my jaw dropped when I saw Phil after he had cleaned up in his first attempt to seduce Melissa!).

I have a feeling that opinion is pretty evenly divided on that, enough so that labeling one side or the other as Unpopular would be splitting hairs. But that gives me an idea....

I have a feeling that opinion is pretty evenly divided on that, enough so that labeling one side or the other as Unpopular would be splitting hairs.

Hey, I see what you did there!

I've liked Phil more this season—probably because there were no other women for him to hit on.

• Love 1

Besides which, it's pretty clear to me that he really has fallen in love with Carol this time (and vice versa).  The show did make a point of stating that they had remarried, after all, and he panicked at the thought of having lost her at a Speedy Pump (to say nothing of using those trains to get a message to her -- that had to have taken hours of backbreaking work to set up!).  I seriously doubt that he'll try to seduce the other women behind Carol's back this time -- that is, if New Phil lets him live longer than about 30 seconds after he lays eyes on him!

Incidentally, I'd like to see some flashbacks to Phil's life before the virus.  Judging from the one brief one that we were given in the pilot (a birthday party for Phil), he wasn't always the insufferably self-absorbed, entitled, backstabbing jerk that we met in the pilot and throughout the first season.  I am also wondering how Phil is going to find out that his brother is still alive and trapped on the space station -- and how Phil and Company are going to rescue him.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1