Type keyword(s) to search

Amazon's Giving Non-Prime Customers A Chance To Watch Transparent On Saturday

Thanks for sharing this! I've been dying to see this show, but I'm on my family's Prime account, so I get the free shipping, but since I'm not the primary account holder, I don't get the streaming service. This makes it extra annoying to consider paying $99/year for the streaming when I already get the free shipping.

For what it's worth, Amazon is pumping out some pretty good original content, not just Transparent. Mozart in the Jungle was also a very enjoyable binge. 

$99/year is $8.25/mo, which I think is about what I pay for Netflix.

Alpha House is also a terrific Prime show, and it has about a jillion streaming shows produced elsewhere. It's so worth it for me. 

I think also during this freebie, if you do sign up for Prime, it's at a discounted price of $75. (Now I feel like I work for them. I don't, I just really, really find Prime to be worth it for so many reasons.)

But regardless of any of that, Transparent is so damn good and everyone on the planet who can watch it tomorrow should do it. It definitely has its tearjerking moments but it is also hilarious.

• Love 2

Thank you Amazon for the freebee.  Wow.  This actually is good.  Not good enough for me to pay for Prime but dude I get the buzz and I agree you deserve all the awards you have been getting.  Amazing show.  Prime just isn't worth it for me.  Too loyal to Netflix and don't buy enough from Amazon for it to be worth it even at the $75.oo price.  Still Transparent Good show.  

Thanks for the heads-up. I'd been curious about it, so watched the whole thing on free day. It was good, but frustrating - I don't really like shows where all of the characters are self-absorbed generally callous people, which is what pretty much everyone on this show is. And all of the nudity was entirely gratuitous - I wouldn't have minded if there had been a point - it's about gender dysphoria, so if there had been scenes where a character struggles with coming to terms with their own body that would have been something. But no, it was all just in the "ha ha, we're not broadcast tv so we can do this" vein. Also, I'm sensitive to the criticisms about having a cis actor play a trans character. On the whole, I'd watch a season 2 if it were free, but I don't think I'd pay for it. I would read recaps of it online, though. :)