Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Bridge to Tomorrow

After Jane jumps from a bridge to save a prosecutor suspected of his murdering his mistress, Maura is terrified that she has lost her best friend. The squad must now renew the search to find the real killer. Meanwhile, Angela enlists Frankie's help as she applies to new jobs.

Did this show just show me a pivital scene in a commercial at 9:47? A pivital scene that hasn't aired on the show that has less than 13 minutes left. Sheesh!!!!

ETA: Yes, 6 minutes later, the scene of prosecuter guy standing upright holding the gun aired. Why did they have to put that in a commercial?

Also, I predict that Korsak will hire Angela to run the Dirty Robber.

Edited by craziness
  • Love 1

Did this show just show me a pivital scene in a commercial at 9:47? A pivital scene that hasn't aired on the show that has less than 13 minutes left. Sheesh!!!!

ETA: Yes, 6 minutes later, the scene of prosecuter guy standing upright holding the gun aired. Why did they have to put that in a commercial?

Also, I predict that Korsak will hire Angela to run the Dirty Robber.

I missed the last oh 10 minutes, so the wife didn't do it?  It was Paul, the guy Jane saved from drowning?

Prediction noted and seconded.

Who is Kiki again?

Kiki is Korsak's life coach.

And, no, the wife did do it -- the prosecutor was holding a gun on her.

I forgot this show was coming back tonight until halfway through the first airing, so tuned in for the second airing, and then wandered off during the first commercial break to check something and forgot to come back for 20 minutes.  Clearly I need to get back in the groove.

I thought during the last episode that the wife was a prime suspect, but was hesitant because she'd seemed so genuine in her reaction to his suicide call.  But as soon as I tuned back in tonight, I knew my first instinct had been right and she's just a good liar.

• Love 1

I recall being sure that the wife had done it at the end of the last episode.

I agree that Korsak will hire Angela to run the bar. I still think that the two of them will get together.

I like Suzie - I hope that she and Maura have more scenes together.

• Love 2

Maybe the bar will burn down, and Angela will be trapped inside.

Usually, I don't dislike characters enough to wish for their fictional deaths, but remind me why she's on this show again?  I like R & I because it's a decent cop show with a good cast (and also Lorraine Bracco is there), and I like that the show can consistently pass the Bechdel Test and have a friendship between two women that, despite the fact that their differences are amped up for TV, still seems like a plausible one.  And all that's great, but we need to spend 7 minutes of a 42-and-change minute show watching Angela interview for a job she was never going to get?

For what they're paying Lorraine Bracco, they could probably hire a few more supporting characters, starting with Suzie.

I mean, does anyone tune in saying "Boy, I hope this is an Angela-heavy episode?"

• Love 5

It is so obvious that Korsak will hire Angela. They might as well have just done it on this episode and got it over with. Why drag out something we all know will happen?

It was nice to have this show back. I have missed it.

Wow, glad I watched it taped anytime there are commercials I fast forward so I missed it.

At the start of the episode i wasn't watching when the officer says a fisherman saw something. I immediately looked up because his voice was similar to Lee Thompson Young. I know he is gone, but for a second my brain had to catch up, really miss him on the show!

Edited by Texasmom1970

So was the whole point to having Jamie Bamber hold a gun on his fictional, murderous wife just to film a promo monkey fake out?

...I thought during the last episode that the wife was a prime suspect, but was hesitant because she'd seemed so genuine in her reaction to his suicide call....

I have no recollection of the last episode beyond the bridge jump scene, but maybe the writers expected us to? Maybe the wife's "genuine...reaction to his suicide call" was what Maura was referring to when she did the typical mystery show Ah-ha! light bulb going on reaction and muttered several times: "Survivor's guilt!"?? Or was that in reference to something else? I fell asleep and may not have rewound far enough when I replayed the parts I missed.

Maybe the bar will burn down, and Angela will be trapped inside....

I mean, does anyone tune in saying "Boy, I hope this is an Angela-heavy episode?"

And it doesn't help that her face was frozen by botox. There seems to be a lot of that on my screen lately. Too much.

And it doesn't help that her face was frozen by botox. There seems to be a lot of that on my screen lately. Too much.

I will say I was legit surprised when I looked it up and found out Lorraine Bracco is 60.  Which means she's not only old enough to actually reasonably be Jane's mom (assuming Jane is about five years younger than Angie Harmon, so about 37), but that she does look pretty good for her age.  I think it helps that she's a little heavy; it keeps her from looking gaunt.