Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: The Fiancee

I like the one-storyline format too.

I really enjoyed this. Lance and Nina are great, and it was so funny when Lance's mom showed up with Justin, a Lance-lookalike. BTW, it kept bugging me who the actress was playing the mom. Gretchen Corbett. I know everybody ages, but it had been so long since I'd seen her that I was shocked to read her name in the credits.

Anyway, Lance and Justin's trip to the carnival was fun. I liked the therapist, too. He's been in the show before, right? Was he the guy who helped Carrie and Fred type up a Battlestar Galactica script?

Nina is one of my favorite characters. 

• Love 1

I like the one-storyline format too.

I really enjoyed this. Lance and Nina are great, and it was so funny when Lance's mom showed up with Justin, a Lance-lookalike. BTW, it kept bugging me who the actress was playing the mom. Gretchen Corbett. I know everybody ages, but it had been so long since I'd seen her that I was shocked to read her name in the credits.

Anyway, Lance and Justin's trip to the carnival was fun. I liked the therapist, too. He's been in the show before, right? Was he the guy who helped Carrie and Fred type up a Battlestar Galactica script?

Nina is one of my favorite characters. 

I'm iffy on the one story line format because there are some characters I'm not super fond of so the thought of an entire episode devoted to them bugs me. I can take them in small doses, though. (like when Fred is sporting the 'fro.  I'm not sure that character's name.  He is not my favorite). And I miss it when it is Fred and Carrie who also randomly live in Portland. 

The therapist was the same guy who was in the Battlestar Galactica episode. He was the guy who had the same name as the producer or one of the writers of Battlestar. 

• Love 1

I love Nina. Unfortunately, I feel the need to speak like her for at least another half hour after the show is over.

I laughed out loud when the boyfriend turned out to be Justin Long.

Gretchen Corbett! I haven't seen her since 1983!

I'm iffy on the one story line format because there are some characters I'm not super fond of so the thought of an entire episode devoted to them bugs me. I can take them in small doses, though.

I agree with you. This week for example, Lance and Nina are the only two characters I can't stand on the show. I can suffer through small doses, or fast forward, but this week I just skipped this episode.

• Love 2

Lance and Nina are the only two characters I can't stand on the show.

They're not my favorites, but spending a half hour with them caused me to muse on how I actually began to accept their voices as recognizably human.

Edited by Milburn Stone

I don't like it. The single storyline focuses on the characters instead of my pretentious city. We don't hire videographers. We buy the camera, buy five books on videography from Powell's, then make awful awful videos that our friends say are so "epic".

• Love 1