Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Family Day

A couple with two kids find their sputtering marriage becoming more complicated when they welcome new housemates in this comedy, which begins with Brett trying to talk his friend Alex, a struggling actor, into staying in Los Angeles, while Brett's wife, Michelle, gets a visit from her older sister, whose personal and professional lives are in perpetual shambles.

I loved the premiere, and I'm really looking forward to more episodes.  The review above noted that Mark Duplass is a polarizing performer, but I've never found that.  Maybe because I'm one of the ones who loves him in everything.  :)

I think this show has a lot of potential and I'm excited to see where it goes, and if it lives up to that potential. 

I felt like "that's it?" at the end of this. I think this might be one of those shows that I will look back on as a whole rather than one episode. I enjoy it and really enjoy the fat actor.  Seems obvious that crazy sister has found her husband.  I will turn back in.

Hmmmm. I"m just not certain yet. I wanted to love it. I liked certain parts of it, liked Mark Duplass, I am a fan now after seeing The One I Love (great movie, go watch it!). Liked his friend, not sure about either actress yet, I wish the wife was an actress other than Melanie Lynsky, she's okay in some things but overall, not sure she has any personality at all. Didn't get why she wouldn't have sex with her husband (but then, I don't have kids!)

I guess we'll find out during the season why she doesn't want to have sex with him. Or not. Anyway, we're not supposed to understand. I don't think SHE even understands.

I liked this. I like all the characters (though I need to learn their names). 

I liked it a lot. I think they already nailed the way Alex was handling his depression, and I actually laughed out loud a lot more than I expected.

And goddamn, Ken Marino plays a doofus better than anyone in the world. That scene in the bar was hilarious the way he cheerily says "Hey!" to Amanda Peet as she storms over and knocks his hat off.

Got around to watching this last night.  I have to say that I'm in it for Steve Zississ and Amanda Peet.  Her breakdown(s) were just great.  Her speech about being alone to her sister, rang pretty true to me, as a singleton who's had similar versions of that conversation.

• Love 1

Seems obvious that crazy sister has found her husband.

Yeah I mean that shot of him putting her broken shoe on, basically screamed multiple fairy tale allusions (cinderella, frog/prince) but I have to say I really loved this show. I laughed so hard and I thought the pathos was nailed too.  "This is it. We usually get dessert (We like Fro Yo) and then roll on outta here!" Hee and ouch. Adding the great musical choices of Skid Row and Fleetwood Mac was nice too. I'm totally in.