Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I don't even think there were any reports of Stana and Nathan hating each other. Stories told by coworkers and guest stars and crew all seem to say that they get along fine, but that they don't spend a lot of time outside of work together because, well, they spend a lot of time at work together and because outside of work they have different interests. When was the last time Nathan hung out with Seamus, or with Jon? What about Stana? Does she regularly hang with either of them? But people aren't up in arms about any of that.

It's easier to assume something is wrong because people so desperately want them to be BFFs and there's no evidence of that anymore (if there ever was). Which means nothing of course, but after the easy rapport they had back when ABC cared about promoting Castle makes people think that something happened, when in reality it's probably nothing ... except maybe them trying their best to keep crazies from speculating, which ultimately does more harm than good for the gossip mill but probably works just fine for them. I'd rather there be speculation that I hate my coworker than deal with never-ending pressure that we should be together forever, especially if I know that things are just fine.

• Love 2

verdana, my soul sister, you read the DM too!  Oh god, it's so bad, but it's so good.

I'm just waiting for the Royal baby drama (she's overdue!) to unfold in the coming days, the DM will be positively orgasmic over it and too busy to worry about what Nathan, Krista and his "ex" Stana are getting up to..heh.  Wouldn't mind a tell all book coming out eventually though in about ten years time when everyone has moved on to new things. I can't help but be a little bit curious about what might have happened there to change things, although I sense it won't be the page-turner Grey's would be. 

I know that Nathan has done things with Jon and Seamus on his Instagram - little videos and pics and things like that.  I think that Stana has gone out of her way to be cordial to him (birthday tweet, etc) but he seems sort of indifferent to her.  All of this is just speculation, obviously.  None of us know the real story.  But the feeling I get is that they were probably closer in the earlier seasons (1-3) and into early season 4 and then they seemed to loose their closeness.  Which is not to say that they're mortal enemies or anything like that.  Working on film/TV production is a lot of hours and a lot of togetherness.  You're dealing with 12-16 hour days (which make my current 12 hour medical shifts at the urgent care seem pretty tame) and lots of different personalities (from talent to the crew) and different stressors that can make shooting really feel like work.  I mean, it's really fun, but it IS work.  And people are going to just generally gravitate to certain people, especially over the years.  Like Jon and Seamus seem pretty close, as do Nathan and Molly and Susan.  Lord knows Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny couldn't stand each other by the end of X-Files and would talk about it pretty openly in the press.  Now they're good friends.  So maybe time and distance will be good for Nathan and Stana - who knows?

None of this really matters to me except how it affects what we see on screen.  My personal philosophy is that their...distance, whatever, seeps over to what we see on the show, and that's bothersome. Stana seems much more into it than Nathan does, but that could be due to a variety of factors.  What I can see is that after seven years, I think I would be over my co-workers too.

With Castle and Beckett married, where else is there to go in their story?  At least if one perceives the love story to be the main driver of the story.

This makes me think of the work Joss Whedon put into making it clear to the network that Zoe and Wash were going to be married on Firefly and that it would be a long term relationship not courting or newlyweds.

And that relationship was one of the most popular among the fans (and we Browncoats are fanatical fans). There is almost no fanfic that does not have them as a happily married couple.

Plus the relationship was hot. Good writing by people who understood the dynamics of marriage?

As in, one of the things that keeps a marriage together is love (and passion).

But don't ask me, I've only been married for 47 years so far.

NF and SK share only a few interests it seems. Alternates to the automobile is one. There's a YouTube video of the introduction of an electric car at Nathan's house which JH and SK appear in (So does Perry Reeves, NF's girlfriend at the time.)

• Love 1

Exactly, Elysium. Clearly social media doesn't tell a full story, but when there are dozens of instances of NF complimenting everyone from Jon, Seamus, Molly and Susan to the guy who sweeps up after a scene and not mentioning Stana's name in over 4 years, I have a hard time believing it's nothing. He literally pretends she doesn't exist, even when he's doing DVD commentary on a scene she is the only person in. It's weird.

This isn't a Stana vs. Nathan "who is a better person" thing (though Stana has had some classy moments like the birthday wish).

Every time either NF or SK posts pictures/videos/etc. with their boys (SD and JH) it feels like shared custody with divorced mom and dad.

I don't want to take the time, but I could probably find 100 instances of "weird" between the two leads. On the other hand, give me one example of them being publicly supportive of each other (besides Stana's birthday tweet). That isn't nothing.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame
  • Love 1

I know that Nathan has done things with Jon and Seamus on his Instagram - little videos and pics and things like that.  I think that Stana has gone out of her way to be cordial to him (birthday tweet, etc) but he seems sort of indifferent to her.  All of this is just speculation, obviously.  None of us know the real story.  But the feeling I get is that they were probably closer in the earlier seasons (1-3) and into early season 4 and then they seemed to loose their closeness.  Which is not to say that they're mortal enemies or anything like that.  Working on film/TV production is a lot of hours and a lot of togetherness. 

I agree that they seem like they lost closeness with each other during season 4, which is pretty understandable.  I don't think it seeps into the show those, I totally buy Caskett as an in love couple.

I just want to get confirmation Stana will be back for season 8 or that the show's ending.  I guess I'm part crazy fan, cause I really can't stand the thought of a Beckett-less season.

• Love 1

I know that Nathan has done things with Jon and Seamus on his Instagram - little videos and pics and things like that.  I think that Stana has gone out of her way to be cordial to him (birthday tweet, etc) but he seems sort of indifferent to her.  All of this is just speculation, obviously.

My speculation is that everyone knows that Stana's relatively private and they respect that, especially since whatever went down where she felt the need to become super cautious with fan mail and fan meetings and having a bodyguard all the time. When Stana does post things with her costars it's always very generic - posed photos of her with, say, Seamus, or reenacted photos of her with Jon, but that's about it. Nathan, Jon, and Seamus are much more open with their lives - Nathan and Seamus have no problem putting themselves out there on social media and Jon tends to post still stuff all the time, which at least keeps people placated. I think they just have a different take on social media than she does.

As far as any indifference seeping into the show, I kind of just assume that's because Nathan's just rolling with it. It's a job for him that's not too taxing, so he shows up, says his lines, has some fun, and calls it a day. Stana seems like she's always put more effort into it (everyone used to tell stories about how she'd spend her downtime exploring Beckett's motivations and taking notes and bugging Marlowe about backstory) and that's still evident onscreen. It's why I was a bit surprised that Nathan closed a contract deal first, because if anyone was thinking about leaving I would have assumed it would be him.

I just want to get confirmation Stana will be back for season 8 or that the show's ending.  I guess I'm part crazy fan, cause I really can't stand the thought of a Beckett-less season.

This is what I'm at. The not knowing sucks for sure sucks.

Edited by McManda

My speculation is that everyone knows that Stana's relatively private and they respect that, especially since whatever went down where she felt the need to become super cautious with fan mail and fan meetings and having a bodyguard all the time. When Stana does post things with her costars it's always very generic - posed photos of her with, say, Seamus, or reenacted photos of her with Jon, but that's about it. Nathan, Jon, and Seamus are much more open with their lives - Nathan and Seamus have no problem putting themselves out there on social media and Jon tends to post still stuff all the time, which at least keeps people placated. I think they just have a different take on social media than she does.

I agree about social media, but I do think it's super weird that he never mentions Stana in the DVD commentaries.  Because he does make a point of naming every other regular actor on the show, and even some of the guest actors.  He barely even says anything about Beckett in them.  I don't even know how to describe that other than weird.  Of course Stana hasn't done commentaries since season 4, 

This is what I'm at. The not knowing sucks for sure sucks.

How long can it take for them to close these contracts?  Like, is this delay because she has said no and they are trying to sweeten the deal to change her mind? Or does it really take ABC that long to finalize details.

• Love 1

I just want to get confirmation Stana will be back for season 8 or that the show's ending.  I guess I'm part crazy fan, cause I really can't stand the thought of a Beckett-less season.

This! At least it was confirmed that Revenge is ending today and the last half of the season was leading up to it. Unlike this show which is in limbo and every other ep isn't leading to any kind of closure.

So that was probably Krista sitting at the table with Nathan standing behind her in Ming Na's pic from his party. Heh, she kinda like Castle with the twice divorced and practically adult child if those 2 last and get married.

Nathan used to date Perry Reeves? Good God, who hasn't she dated? I remember she dated David Duchovny a million years ago. By my count she should be 180 years old.

LOL I remember when she was Mulder's love interest in that no1curr ep of the X Files.

That Daily Mail "article" is such BS. There are so many holes in it it's hard to know where to begin. How on earth did they shoot any scenes together if when one of them walked onto set the other walked off? Also, all those guest stars that have tweeted how great the set is and complimenting both NF & SK, were every single one of them lying? Don't get me wrong I'm under no illusion that Nathan and Stana are besties but it can't be that bad on set. The regular cast all seem to love both of them equally so they can't be causing such horrific tension on set.

I agree about social media, but I do think it's super weird that he never mentions Stana in the DVD commentaries.  Because he does make a point of naming every other regular actor on the show, and even some of the guest actors.  He barely even says anything about Beckett in them.  I don't even know how to describe that other than weird.  Of course Stana hasn't done commentaries since season 4,

I find the way he avoids talking about her just about everywhere extremely odd. No idea what is going on but it pings my radar that all is not quite right between them and it hasn't been for some considerable time. 

What's strange about the tweeting and their general communication patterns is that normally if two people don't get on then both parties choose not to communicate unless they have to for work purposes so I would expect them to be equally unresponsive to each other but Stana doesn't play the avoidance game with Fillion. I've seen her tweet him regular support for the PCA's, his birthday, mention him in interviews on the red carpet and tweeted things and then included him in which are complimentary and normally I'd assume someone would comment back as a natural exchange and it never, ever happens he acts like she's not there.

It's so one sided to a painfully obvious degree that it's almost embarrassing watching her try and engage, if I was her I'd get the hint and not bother. It's as if she doesn't realise or has decided to carry on regardless but it does make it more noticeable. If Fillion and Katic have formed some kind of pact on how they engage off screen for the fans as some have suggested then it's the strangest one I've ever seen. They can't even stand together I note in those pictures on the stairs (unless I've missed a shot) that have been floating around and yeah may be it's all meaningless like I keep getting told but it keeps happening it's not a one off. That's why it feels super weird to me. 

I'm not saying they hate each other and there's no law that says you need to be best pals with everyone you work with but their strange off screen dynamic does encourage some fans to continue to speculate when the gossip rags talk about them not getting on, dating etc.  That's why I'd like a tell all book to come out. I can't help being intrigued by it. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I'm sad that all the people involved caught the attention of a rubbish tabloid and hope it's the last time we'll see them on their radar.

I'm sad that we'll never get to see any public interaction between Nathan and Stana reminiscent of the easy, fun, warm playfulness they displayed in the early promotional interviews of S1 and 2.  I'm sad we went from that to what we have now.  But I've been resigned to that ship having sailed for some time.  The mystery of Nathan and Stana's relationship is probably one no outsiders are ever going to solve.  By all accounts from people who have worked with both and actually know them, they both seem like genuinely nice people so I'm going to believe in that before I give the least credence to any tabloid.  Whatever their relationship, they don't deserve to be fodder for tabloids.  I just wish them both every happiness.  And agreed that their fellow castmates seem to genuinely like both so it doesn't add up to the idea that the work environment is problematic.

Evidence would seem to suggest something of a personal nature happened for their personal interaction to go from what it was to what it is now.  There's the obvious popular theory about why things changed, but before I subscribe to any of that, I remind myself that the very little that we see is still a tiny fraction of the whole picture and what we see could be misleading too in the absence of the actual context.  They've obviously decided to keep public interaction to a minimum and their personal relationship private.  That's going to make things look weird from the outside, but I wouldn't blame them in the least if they made that choice because they were so tired of the speculation about their personal lives.

I don't want to take the time, but I could probably find 100 instances of "weird" between the two leads. On the other hand, give me one example of them being publicly supportive of each other (besides Stana's birthday tweet). That isn't nothing.

Nathan did support everyone for PCAs even if he may not have singled out Stana by name (I don't remember) and I think he retweeted support for her ATP grant application.  I don't think Stana would tweet what she did in her birthday tweet to him if there were genuinely problems between them.  Although I've noticed that she refers to him in more formal terms like "colleague" nowadays.  Neither of them really share anything personal about their working relationship in interviews anymore. Maybe it's the approach they've adopted to avoid rumours.

Nathan did just mention Stana in a very recent interview, done while the plane episode was filmed. 

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-metroplus/a-few-of-my-favourite-books/article7155580.ece

“Let me tell you a little something about Molly Quinn,” Nathan says on the sets of Castle in Los Angeles. “She is really nice. I get to spend a great deal of time with Stana. So it is actually no mystery that we are able to work together, but Molly and I don’t get to spend that much time together.”

I don't know if it's better writing or what, but I haven't detected any awkwardness onscreen this season (unlike previous seasons when it became a bit hit and miss) and I find their chemistry to be on point.  So I hope that means all is well bts and hope they still like and respect each other.

Edited by madmaverick

It might not have been in character for Meredith to tell Beckett that she cheated on Castle (hard to tell with Meredith, the unpredictable one!), and yes, there may be more than one reason why their marriage failed, but I can't agree that such a pertinent fact as infidelity was not made known explicitly onscreen to Beckett from either Castle, Meredith or a 3rd party.  I couldn't get on board with whatever Beckett was supposed to be feeling in that moment after hearing Meredith's answer, knowing that she may not know about the infidelity as well.  Beckett may have had insecurities about Castle's fidelity or not, and knowing that he was once cheated upon and if they had actually talked about it may have eased her mind on this issue.  One of my pet peeves is when character A tells character B about something which is relevant to character C but we are made to assume character C knows even if A never tells C directly.

For me, what it comes down to is that, while I would prefer the two of them be as close as they seemed in seasons 1-2, that's not terribly important so long as I'm not continuously reminded of potential problems. Where there's smoke, there's fire. When I think of other TV couples I like, I don't really know if they like each other in real life. But I'm also not consistently reminded they likely don't.

madmaverick. Thanks for the article. It's sad that he hasn't seen much of Susan and Molly on set, pleased to see he went out to lunch with Susan. I've always thought Susan, Molly and Nathan had a great rapport together and he used to spend much more time with them of course than the does now. 

Edited by verdana

When I see them being so cute and kind of dorky heh like that, I don't really care what goes on bts as long as they give us more of that!  And I'm not ready for Caskett to be over in 2 episodes.  Maybe they saw how fans loved the dancing in that earlier episode and threw this in as a treat.  Love it every time Castle pulls in Beckett to dance, ever since their first one in S1. They just physically click together with all different kinds of dance moves, and singing wise as well.  Good thing Castle/Nathan moved Stana's favourite folder out of the way heh.  I would love a scene of them on a road trip to a suspect or whatever, and just fighting over the radio or singing together over the radio like the cute dorks that they can be.  Heh Beckett and Castle were really annoyed with each other last time Carly Rae's music was on Castle, remember?  Is this considered a big 'get' for the show that could help with ratings?  CRJ has like a gazillion twitter followers.

For me, what it comes down to is that, while I would prefer the two of them be as close as they seemed in seasons 1-2, that's not terribly important so long as I'm not continuously reminded of potential problems. Where there's smoke, there's fire. When I think of other TV couples I like, I don't really know if they like each other in real life. But I'm also not consistently reminded they likely don't.

I think it's mostly us who are invested in the fandom and keep up with news and mostly speculation that start wondering if there are issues going on. But doubt the audiences who aren't in the fandom see anything amiss, or wonder why there aren't any interviews together or whatnot.   For the shows that I watch but don't get fannish about, I have no idea about real life relationships between the actors.  (So I was quite surprised to see a dedicated bts drama thread on The Good Wife forum here when I went to read an episode reaction.  Had no idea at all and wouldn't have expected it of all shows that I watch, but it makes me wonder if all fandoms develop conspiracy theories about actors not liking each other and gripe about showrunners!)

For me, the chemistry has been consistently good this season and that's made the show a lot more enjoyable for me to watch.  As long as they can keep bringing that, that's what matters to me.

It's sad that he hasn't seen much of Susan and Molly on set, pleased to see he went out to lunch with Susan.

Yeah, I was pleased to read that too.  I hope the get togethers continue even after the show is over.  I think I once recall Susan sharing that she had lunch with Mama Fillion and they swapped stories heh.

Edited by madmaverick

First sneak peek with some cute Caskett

@carlyraejepsen: Did some serious acting on @Castle_ABC. Ok, I had two lines, but still pretty stoked!

https://t.co/4tXdLXPZ2O

This must be the clip the promo guy said he was working on last week that he said fans would love of Caskett and now I realise listening to the song why he said "really, really, really" like it. Heh.  

Lets hope that's not the only cute scene and there's even better to come given it's the 150th, only two more to go eek! 

Fans are already tweeting pictures of that scene. I love the fact Castle took the initiative and got her dancing and how much she loves it. I'm trying to imagine S1 Kate agreeing to do that. 

Edited by verdana

Nathan used to date Perry Reeves? Good God, who hasn't she dated? I remember she dated David Duchovny a million years ago. By my count she should be 180 years old.

He wasn't dating Perry Reeves at the time, he was dating a tall blond named Kate who was also on that video. I don't know if he and Perry ever dated and parted as friends, or have always been just friends. I've seen several pics of them at different functions starting from many years ago, seemed like just friends who went together to a party. 2 or 3 years ago she went with him to the Emmys or something else, and some fans started to call her his new GF while others said she's been dating, or even married, to someone else for years, so that died down. I'm sure there are a lot of women who fans think Nathan has been dating, based on pics and videos from parties, while many of them were just friends. He doesn't seem to like going alone to red carpets, premiers and parties, and he has many female friends both unknown and somewhat well-known, so it seems like the easiest way.

Heh Beckett and Castle were really annoyed with each other last time Carly Rae's music was on Castle, remember?  Is this considered a big 'get' for the show that could help with ratings?  CRJ has like a gazillion twitter followers.

I think it's mostly us who are invested in the fandom and keep up with news and mostly speculation that start wondering if there are issues going on. But doubt the audiences who aren't in the fandom see anything amiss, or wonder why there aren't any interviews together or whatnot.   For the shows that I watch but don't get fannish about, I have no idea about real life relationships between the actors.  (So I was quite surprised to see a dedicated bts drama thread on The Good Wife forum here when I went to read an episode reaction.  Had no idea at all and wouldn't have expected it of all shows that I watch, but it makes me wonder if all fandoms develop conspiracy theories about actors not liking each other and gripe about showrunners!)

Okay, I am blanking out, when was Carly Rae's music on before?

I do think all fandoms definitely gripe about showrunners and most have conspiracy theories about actors.  Maybe because there is almost always going to be some issues between people on any particular set.  I mean, it is very rare to have any workplace where everyone gets along perfectly.  So when you pay attention to every detail about the show you start to speculate about things.

Okay, I am blanking out, when was Carly Rae's music on before?

It was the ringtone of the stolen phone Beckett broke into a car in After Hours when they and the witness/killer were hiding in the playground structure.

This means he's fully expecting Stana to sign, right?

Hi! Any scoop about Castle? — Fred

I’ve got just the thing to calm any major fears you have about the season finale: You don’t need to worry about Beckett or Castle dying. With the show’s fate still up in the air, TPTB aren’t looking to do anything quite so definitive. “I think that we can say that if we were to come back next year, we would be coming back with all of our pieces intact,” executive producer Andrew Marlowe said. “It’s not a Grey’s Anatomy situation by any means.”

http://bit.ly/1JeYKhz

I think every fully expects Stana to sign something. I don't think they would have actually gotten this far if they knew she was out.

But I think Marlowe's comment is more literally directed at the backlash that Shonda's getting over Patrick Dempsey's departure. He knows that his audience is fickle and that it won't forgive some things, and a character death solely because of BTS issues is one of them. He screws up a lot of his storytelling, but he's always been pretty good about not making giant, undoable errors.

I haven't seen the numbers for last night's Grey's Anatomy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they slowly taper off. Lots of people tuned in to see if Shonda would actually kill Derek, people might stick around to see how she handles it (from what I head about last night's episode, it wasn't well), but I imagine something like that will actually compel people to stop watching.

(edited)
One of my pet peeves is when character A tells character B about something which is relevant to character C but we are made to assume character C knows even if A never tells C directly.

This. 

It should have been made clear that she knows Meredith cheated on Castle and the fact they've let it remain shrouded in mystery is ridiculous.  Even Stana said that Marlowe assumed in a conversation once that Beckett knew all about it and she had to tell him that the character didn't know but the audience did.  Infidelity is a serious matter and surely a key factor in why a marriage would fail and this would certainly have affected Castle and how he views cheating. I agree with madmaverick in any sane world they'd have talked this through and she would have got his side of the story, especially since she's not casually dating the guy but is about to become wife No 3. That's just another giant WTF moment for me and the reason why I dislike Significant Others because there was nothing significant about it in terms of emotional repercussions for the characters - Beckett's worried look, Meredith's moment of mischief, Castle's discomfort - it was all meaningless. 

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Revenge, Game of Thrones, SVU and more at EW

I’ve got just the thing to calm any major fears you have about the season finale: You don’t need to worry about Beckett or Castle dying. With the show’s fate still up in the air, TPTB aren’t looking to do anything quite so definitive. “I think that we can say that if we were to come back next year, we would be coming back with all of our pieces intact,” executive producer Andrew Marlowe said. “It’s not a Grey’s Anatomy situation by any means.”

Edited by verdana

Castle Promos @CastlePromos  ·  1 hr 1 hour ago

ICYMI: ABC's Upfronts Presentation is Tues., May 12th at 4:00PM (ET) in New York City. Nathan and Jon have filmed a promo for the event.

Castle Promos @CastlePromos  ·  1 hr 1 hour ago

Nathan and Jon doing a promo for upfronts is nothing to be concerned with. Shows have different cast members do promos all the time.

Not that there was really any question after they announced Nathan's signing, but this puts away any doubt that ABC will be renewing Castle for an 8th season. The only question left is who will be a part of it. I'm among those who won't be tuning in if season 8 turns out to be a Beckett-free season. 

• Love 1

I'm a bit late on the Daily Mail article but a couple of points. Firstly, hilarious that it was published a couple of days after SK's wedding, the "author" is apparently the same person who wrote that BS article about Nathan and Christina Ochoa in the National Enquirer and the information about Krista Allen relationship seems more than has been made public (on twitter etc), I'm thinking someone did some well timed "leaking" on that part.

Castle Promos @CastlePromos · 1 hr 1 hour ago

ICYMI: ABC's Upfronts Presentation is Tues., May 12th at 4:00PM (ET) in New York City. Nathan and Jon have filmed a promo for the event.

Castle Promos @CastlePromos · 1 hr 1 hour ago

Nathan and Jon doing a promo for upfronts is nothing to be concerned with. Shows have different cast members do promos all the time.

Does this mean that Castle is going to turn into the Castle/Espo show and they will declare their love for one another? Sarcasm.

(edited)
there was nothing significant about it in terms of emotional repercussions for the characters - Beckett's worried look, Meredith's moment of mischief, Castle's discomfort - it was all meaningless.

Who cares about character and relationship development when you can have some cheap laughs by making Castle squirm? ;)

What is puzzling is that time and again the writers miss out on the obvious issue to explore, the obvious question to answer, at moments when it would be very relevant to do so.  It's not even as if we're talking about dark, twisted, complicated motivations and questions of human character like on many a cable series, but it's basic relationship stuff that a million fanfics address.

Looking forward to the poignant scene between Castle and Martha mentioned in the previews for the upcoming episode.  Always love their poignant scenes and it's high time SS got something more substantial to do this season!  

Amusing thought just occurred to me.  Imagine if AM had given that 'scoop' last season and last season had been when contracts were up for renewal and NF had been the one to not have re-signed yet.  Heh, fandom would have gone batshit crazy if we'd been left with a season finale like that with everything up in the air!  No wedding and possibly dead Castle in GA scenario.  Very glad that AM seems to have decided to leave the melodrama behind this season finale, but we'll judge when the time comes.  Not surprised if he can't resist some wtf "twists" all the same even if it isn't a cliffhanger or anyone dead (thankfully).

Edited by madmaverick
(edited)

madmaverick. Yeah I'm looking forward to that moment too as mentioned in the spoilers. Susan's has so little to do these days it's something to savour. 

What is puzzling is that time and again the writers miss out on the obvious issue to explore, the obvious question to answer, at moments when it would be very relevant to do so.  It's not even as if we're talking about dark, twisted, complicated motivations and questions of human character like on many a cable series, but it's basic relationship stuff that a million fanfics address.

Quite agree, I'm equally perplexed because it does seem painfully obvious so why do they keep missing these golden opportunities? Unless they feel the "obvious" is boring and predictable but to me it's what makes the characters interesting - seeing them address these issues. 

I'm crossing my fingers and toes that they do mean what they say and they're giving us a "satisfying" finale and they'll be no unpleasant shocks in store but I can understand fans being wary after what happened last season. Marlowe's reassurances these days don't carry much weight with me.  MilMar can't afford to screw up like that again surely, especially if they're bowing out completely and plan to hand over to a new showrunner next season. They won't be happy being handed a messy scenario by the departing crew and have to waste valuable screen time in S8 digging their way out. 

Edited by verdana

There is no delay. It just seems that way because fans are on pins and needles.

It's just how it goes. Back and forth. It's nothing out of the ordinary to a studio (they don't negotiate with the network) or an actor.

But fans are freaking out so it seems a bigger deal than it is.

Yes, but I am one of those fans freaking out.  It is no fun.

(edited)

Fred ‏@FredBC77  2 hrs2 hours ago

Fred retweeted Tamala Jones

OMG! @tamalajones about the season finale! #Castle  

Tamala Jones ‏@tamalajones

@FredBC77 don't miss this one & have your tissue near

Oh Tamala...tears of joy I hope. 

Edited by verdana

Does it ever happen that a cliffhanger finale deals with a problem for a secondary character? There is some mention that Martha has a problem in Dead From New York. She's enough of a presence, although terribly underused, that if she were attacked or sick, that concern might carry the show over to Season Seven.?

Especially if the audience skews older.

I don't watch enough TV to know if shows ever do that?

(edited)

Most of the reviews I've read give me the impression it's pretty much a standalone filler episode even if it is the 150th and I'm not expecting any carry through into the finale. I think her problem is going to be smoothed over and then they'll move on. Although I want Susan to have more to do on the show so an illness would be a good way of achieving that if they plan to use her in S8. 

Edited by verdana