Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Awkward moment when they seem to mistake her for someone else. She handled better than I would have.

I don't think it's that they don't recognize her. The one guy says "we didn't realize you'd be here". I think the awkward part was asking her to sign someone else's photo. What good is that? (Especially since most of those people aren't fans, they're autograph hunters that resell celeb autographs.)

• Love 1

As for Stana's white dress, I thought it looked okay, her clutch bag looks nice but may be a bit large, don't like the way the material hangs in the front she seems to like those kind of things which I just want to get rid of, it does look better in the video though. I don't like the shoes but then my feet are a mess so something that open would look terrible and her hair isn't that flattering on her done up in that way, it does make her look older than she is but I agree with halwideman that fifties is stretching it. Those people mistaking her for someone else was a bit embarrassing but dare I say it I'm sure that happens quite a bit at certain events she attends so she's probably used to it and she handled it with aplomb. She's doesn't strike me as the type of actress who is going to get in a huff and storm off. 

Castle: 'Castle' new sneak peek: "Meme is Murder" 

It's a bit annoying them explaining the bleeding obvious as it comes on screen, I know they've got to say something but I can see what it is.

Maybe it's my overall skeptical side talking, but I'm getting a heavy-handed dramatic vibe from that sneak. Like when they try to do ~really dramatic and most of the time it doesn't work for me. lol Oh well, I'm also trying my best not to prejudge too much. ;) 

Edited by S55

I remember her from DOOL too, WendyCR72. ;) Though her being on DOOL was when I last watched ~any soap opera. lol 

That's what I remember her as too.

But apparently she has done some more...shall we say "interesting" things.

LOL. That's putting it nicely, halwideman. ;) I also remember her as an ex-gf of George Clooney's. Fortunately, he didn't marry her. lol 

• Love 1

That's what I remember her as too.

But apparently she has done some more...shall we say "interesting" things.

Oh, I know all about her more...adult endeavours, shall we say? But whatever floats her boat.

• Love 1

Has anyone read the new Richard Castle novel?

God, I think the books are so much better than the show now. I remember when it used to be the other way around. But the snappy dialogue is no longer on my screen and I got a nice fix in the book. But while reading it, I realized why Castle is nervous about Jim Beckett. And it has nothing to do with schtupping the guy's daughter!

• Love 1

I'm looking forward to reading the latest one, I downloaded it a few weeks ago but have been saving it to read when I'm on holiday. I have to agree with pepper the books often more satisfying to read than watching the show now. They've build up a steady momentum of their own and I find the portrayals of Nikki and Rook so much more satisfying than how Castle and Beckett have turned out once they got together. I wish they could reflect a little more of the book version in the couple I see on screen and I'm not just saying that because Nikki and Rook are obviously hot for each other - they just feel more genuine as a couple. 

• Love 1
I'm looking forward to reading the latest one, I downloaded it a few weeks ago but have been saving it to read when I'm on holiday. I have to agree with pepper the books often more satisfying to read than watching the show now.

The first book was pretty bad, I never could bring myself to read another one.  How long does it take for them to get better?

Interesting tidbit with the 23 episodes part. Studio System put in their notes back when it was renewed that it had been picked up for 23 episodes. So for me that's not that surprising they got the extra episode.

Edited by Nadine

Oh huh, I didn't know that. I figured just like everything else it started out with a standard 22 episode season and that (just like every other year) it would get an additional 1 or 2 episodes. Guess people more in know than I am knew better (so it's not super surprising to the cast or crew at least).

Or does it work that they're picked up for 23 episodes but ABC has the option of only airing (or having them produce) 22?

I'm not getting a heavy-handed vibe - at least, not like the episodes that they've billed as dramatic and mythologic. It doesn't feel like a Knockout or a Kill Shot or whatever to me. It actually feels a bit more like Tick/Boom or even the original outing of 3XK, and both of those were pretty great episodes.

But what kind of murder do body parts, sausages, and the date (11/12/13) hint toward?

Oh huh, I didn't know that. I figured just like everything else it started out with a standard 22 episode season and that (just like every other year) it would get an additional 1 or 2 episodes. Guess people more in know than I am knew better (so it's not super surprising to the cast or crew at least).

Or does it work that they're picked up for 23 episodes but ABC has the option of only airing (or having them produce) 22?

Someone like Hal can clarify this. I assumed the 22 ep too in the past that's why I was surprised when I saw 23 originally on SS.

It makes sense why AWM had the question mark when he took that pic of the board a few months back.

Edited by Nadine

It makes sense why AWM had the question mark when he took that pic of the board a few months back.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that photo. So it sort of makes sense if they were told something along the lines of "probably 23, but we'll let you know for sure later" and ABC had an option of not following through with that 23rd episode if they didn't want to.

I think the production probably knew in the beginning that the network was likely to order an extra so they planned for it. But it was just officially announced now.

Agree. Since they're had 23 regularly before extra episodes have been announced it wasn't a big surprise.

Plus since ABC is going so well at the moment *insert sarcasm* it's no surprise that the majority of the shows that received the extra orders were their top performing shows.

Edited by Nadine

The first book was pretty bad, I never could bring myself to read another one.  How long does it take for them to get better?

KaveDweller -- agreed that the first one was terrible (I had trouble getting past the spelling errors/grammatical issues since it's a pet peeve of mine), but they get progressively better.  Really, from the third one on, it's pretty standard mass-marketed murder mystery fare (of the Patterson variety). I haven't read the latest (beyond the free chapters) yet, but I do like to see how they take the in-show things we see and turn them on their heads a bit for the books (I won't spoil anything, but to some degree they tend to take things that happen to or apply to Beckett and instead apply them to 'Rook' in the books and vice versa) and/or use cases in different ways.

You could always try reading the first few free chapters that ABC makes available to see what you think before paying for the book.

I remember her from DOOL too, WendyCR72. ;) Though her being on DOOL was when I last watched ~any soap opera. lol 

LOL. That's putting it nicely, halwideman. ;) I also remember her as an ex-gf of George Clooney's. Fortunately, he didn't marry her. lol 

Krista Allen Heh. I don't think good old George somehow ever considered her marriage material...

The extra episode is no surprise, at least it was notified to them in good time to avoid any excuses from the TPTB that they were unprepared for it hence it screws up their storytelling.

The first book was pretty bad, I never could bring myself to read another one.  How long does it take for them to get better?

I found the improve steadily, they're not going to be winning any literature awards any time soon but they're perfect easy, quick plane reading material and with the connection to the show it's an added bonus. The first book was pretty rough granted but I was intrigued enough to see how they would write the relationship in the books in comparison to the show as things developed and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The writers have kept things like the all important sexual tension/heat plus the banter. They also haven't dumbed them down and made them too juvenile in their interactions - they actually talk to each as I would expect a couple of grown adults. I keep wishing with every book release that the people producing them could consult or even write on the show and bring in those elements that are currently sorely lacking or being consistently downplayed. 

Edited by verdana

I didn't watch that sneak, but I just read a book where someone made sausage out of body parts of people they killed.

Fiction I hope...if not then I wouldn't be wanting to head around for dinner any time soon, I could become dinner or eat something I would rather not. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Maybe it's my overall skeptical side talking, but I'm getting a heavy-handed dramatic vibe from that sneak. Like when they try to do ~really dramatic and most of the time it doesn't work for me. lol Oh well, I'm also trying my best not to prejudge too much. ;) 

I sense they're doing something slightly more dramatic because this couple don't take any forward steps in their relationship without a trigger event giving them a push. They'll probably put one or both of them in danger (briefly) and they'll use it as a springboard for possibly another marriage proposal from Castle or a joint decision that they need to get wed pronto. I'll be interested if it does pan out like that if the whole amnesia issue and finding their solid ground again after his disappearance rates a discussion.  

From TV|Line:

Anything about Castle Episode 10? We know that is Christmas-related and is written by Chad and Dara Creasey, but do you have other news? –Nancy
A source tells me that in that episode, against the backdrop of the most wonderful time of the year, Esposito and Lanie will “navigate a defining moment in their relationship.” I hear goosebumps forming out there!

Thanks for the link.

Oh Matt! You know what us Castle fans want to hear about. 

I'm not sure I can contain my excitement but I'll do my best. I wonder how long it will take to navigate this "defining" moment? Hopefully no more than about a minute.  

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

From TV|Line:

Esposito and Lanie will “navigate a defining moment in their relationship.” I hear goosebumps forming out there!

I see yawning out there. I can do without thanks.

Did we know the title of episode 9 yet ?

Beth Nintzel will play the role of “Young Kat” in Episode 7.09 “Role of A Lifetime”.

Edited by cappuccino

The first book was pretty bad, I never could bring myself to read another one.  How long does it take for them to get better?

The second book was way better and they've continued to improve. I read the second one first and couldn't believe how awful the first one was. If I'd tried to read in the 'proper' order I think I'd be in your shoes!

The writer now has Richard Castle's voice down, except with wittier dialogue and better grammar. The TV writers get away with having Castle deliver sentences with subject/verb disagreement ("How's Ryan and Esposito?")-  or the director lets Nathan Fillion's bad grammar stand. The book makes him more like early-season Castle in caring about words. It also includes shout-outs to the author's fictional life, like naming a beautiful road in the Hamptons "Beckett's Neck" and having a cameo by an immature mystery writer.

I like Espo and Lanie together!

I hope you're winding me up.

I don't see any chemistry there between them (well may be at the very start they seemed okay together) or that much consideration or care given to the couple by the writers and if they don't seem bothered then I don't see why I should be paying attention. And for large parts of the show I couldn't tell you if they were together or not and Esposito seems keen to embrace the single life when he's in scenes with Ryan (the writers presumably like to emphasize the difference between the two) and other times he seems keen on her again. So I can't say it seems to be anything serious relationship wise worth investing in, may be that's how it's mean't to be in comparison to Castle and Beckett's true love but then again...may be it's just messy writing. 

I thought that the general idea was that Tory was going to become a possible love interest for Esposito or was that a figment of my over active imagination? Or may be it was something Jon suggested in an interview and I took as fact. 

So for the up coming episodes up to Christmas and into the New Year we've got:

27 Oct:  7.05 ~ Meme is Murder - Adler/Row

10 Nov: 7.06 ~ Time of Our Lives - Miller/Holahan (this could be the wedding episode given those call sheet spoilers) 

17 Nov: 7.07 ~ Once Upon a Time in the West - Winter/Riley (honeymoon episode...)

24 Nov: 7.08 ~ TBA - Amann/Jeannot Szwarc

1 Dec:  7.09 ~ Role of A Lifetime - Roum/Holahan

8 Dec:  7.10 ~ Have Yourself a Mobster Little Christmas - Creaseys/Roe

Christmas break

7.11 ~ TBA - Hanning/?

7.12 ~ TBA - Frost/?

Edited by verdana

Sounds about right verdana.

In relation to that Esplanie spoiler - TJ (even though most times I don't listen to what she says about what's coming up, etc) did say Episode 10 would have some Esplanie stuff in it. So it seems she didn't oversell it this time!

I thought that the general idea was that Tory was going to become a possible love interest for Esposito or was that a figment of my over active imagination? Or may be it was something Jon suggested in an interview and I took as fact. 

In one of the first few episodes that Tory appeared, Esposito found her hot, but it seems unlikely now that she'll be a love interest for him. 

Edited by KFC

So for the up coming episodes up to Christmas and into the New Year we've got:

27 Oct:  7.05 ~ Meme is Murder - Adler/Row

10 Nov: 7.06 ~ Time of Our Lives - Miller/Holahan (this could be the wedding episode given those call sheet spoilers) 

17 Nov: 7.07 ~ Once Upon a Time in the West - Winter/Riley (honeymoon episode...)

24 Nov: 7.08 ~ TBA - Amann/Jeannot Szwarc

1 Dec:  7.09 ~ Role of A Lifetime - Roum/Holahan

8 Dec:  7.10 ~ Have Yourself a Mobster Little Christmas - Creaseys/Roe

Christmas break

7.11 ~ TBA - Hanning/?

7.12 ~ TBA - Frost/?

Looking at that schedule, it feels like a tight window to get 7.09 shot, edited and ready to air in a little over a month, especially with 2 days off for Thanksgiving in November. I feel for everyone involved with that one now. lol 

Thanks for the links.

Beckett's apartment is back? The whole living situation is beyond stupid, they haven't had one decent discussion about that or their living arrangements in general. She's about to get married for crying out loud and it's like not even considered an issue up for a brief discussion? WTF! And the thing that pisses me off is that by 7.09 she will probably me married so by this stage unless you're doing a "we will live in different homes sometimes" arrangement for some reason she should have got rid of it or at least suggested may be Martha or Alexis could use it to "solve" the problem of them continuing to keep the set around. This is the kind of thing that they should have resolved with a simple one liner or within the "linus the lion" episode (which would have been natural) and although it's not a major big deal but it bugs the hell out of me every time I see the place, it's like nothing's changed between them as a couple and they're still just work colleagues or something. 

Edited by verdana

Thanks for the links.

Beckett's apartment is back? The whole living situation is beyond stupid, they haven't had one decent discussion about that or their living arrangements in general. She's about to get married for crying out loud and it's like not even considered an issue up for a brief discussion? WTF! And the thing that pisses me off is that by 7.09 she will probably me married so by this stage unless you're doing a "we will live in different homes sometimes" arrangement for some reason she should have got rid of it or at least suggested may be Martha or Alexis could use it to "solve" the problem of them continuing to keep the set around. This is the kind of thing that they should have resolved with a simple one liner or within the "linus the lion" episode (which would have been natural) and although it's not a major big deal it bugs the hell out of me every time I see the place, it's like nothing's changed between them as a couple and they're still just work colleagues or something.

She has her Castle mythology board there. She can't give that up *inserteyerole*

Andy's tweet with the floor plan of Beckett's apartment says "memories" at the top, so maybe that's the last of that set and she's moving out/selling it/etc. in that episode? (Or, maybe I should stop trying to make sense of these things, lol.)

So going by Andy's tweet - there might be an appearance of Beckett's apartment in 7.09 and by Lizbeth's tweet, Kathleen York is guest starring in the episode.

https://twitter.com/AndrewBikichky/status/525887733835640834

https://twitter.com/lizbeth4beauty/status/525875068044591104

I loved Kathleen York on The West Wing, so I'm excited to see her on Castle. Hopefully she's not the killer. lol 

Andy's tweet with the floor plan of Beckett's apartment says "memories" at the top, so maybe that's the last of that set and she's moving out/selling it/etc. in that episode? (Or, maybe I should stop trying to make sense of these things, lol.)

The same thought crossed my mind. 

jackietohn

22 hours ago

Shooting #Castle on #abc - Am I a mobster's girlfriend / computer nerd? Why, yes I am. #CyberRita #nathanfillian for president. X

Tamala Jones @tamalajones  ·  18h 18 hours ago

#yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!! #castlefandom #Castle #ABCTV #yassss #congratulations… http://instagram.com/p/ujOFKHt05D/

Guess Tamala has to find something to get excited about on Castle. 

• Love 1

This made me laugh, don't encourage them Nathan. Jesus two hours of constant voting.

Nathan Fillion @NathanFillion  ·  20h 20 hours ago
“@Always_ILoveU: @NathanFillion that’s what I’ve been doing for the past 2 hours #PCA2015 ” X

Well done.

Edited by verdana