Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Castle ‏@Castle_ABC  4h4 hours ago

You don't want to get on Kate's bad side.

https://twitter.com/Castle_ABC/status/709936496673828865

Chad Gomez Creasey ‏@chadgcreasey  2h2 hours ago

@Castle_ABC I agree with this. You don't. #BadassBeckett #Castle

Chad wrote this next episode, I'm surprised I can see some of Katic's face in that shot given this is Bowman, probably going to be dark and dreary again. 

Edited by verdana

Speaking of badass heh.

Castle Sneak Peek: Badass Beckett Proves to Be One Kickass Mentor at TV Line.

http://tvline.com/2016/03/16/castle-season-8-video-beckett-police-academy-mentor/

In the Rob Bowman-directed “Fidelis Ad Mortem” (airing Monday at 10/9c), Kate (played by Stana Katic) returns to her old training ground to investigate a murder, when a recruit officer at the NYPD Academy is killed. In the clip above — and as first reported by TVLine — Beckett crosses paths with a plucky cadet (Californication‘s Ellen Woglom) who surely reminds her of her up-and-coming self.

Edited by verdana

Sucking up to fangirls to get them to watch...how low can ABC go??

Touche. LOL

But the online comments on the official twitter and FB accounts for the promo pic for this episode seem far more favourable than they have for most of the other S8 episodes.

I'm still unsure how representative the voices of an online fandom are as compared to the overall audience but yes, despite some of it being a bit OTT, it's nice to read positive responses once in a while.

There are quite a few comments like "this is what we want to see" and "this is what fans want", and although I will watch a Castle lite episode rather than a Beckett lite episode, I think most fans would actually prefer to see them together. Curiously, one of the best episodes with them apart, Cops and Robbers, was written by TPW, but he doesn't seem to have been able to reproduce that quality this season.

Edited by westwingfan
  • Love 1

I'm still unsure how representative the voices of an online fandom are as compared to the overall audience but yes, despite some of it being a bit OTT, it's nice to read positive responses once in a while.

Haven't seen twitter this excited about the show since it was announced that Hawley and TPW were replacing Milmarmann. LOL

• Love 1

Speaking of badass heh.

Castle Sneak Peek: Badass Beckett Proves to Be One Kickass Mentor at TV Line.http://tvline.com/2016/03/16/castle-season-8-video-beckett-police-academy-mentor/

I like Badass Beckett in this clip. She's just shown to be a competent fighter teaching a younger woman what she knows, but they don't make her look like a superhero or anything. It's more realistic than the threatening super-villains we sometimes get. It's like when they showed her standing up to the FBI agent a couple weeks ago. I also like seeing her act as a mentor.

I do think there are a lot of Beckett fan girls who post online, so I'm sure the comments for that clip are not reflective of all fans.

• Love 2

Haven't seen twitter this excited about the show since it was announced that Hawley and TPW were replacing Milmarmann. LOL

I suspect it has less to do with the content of the episode than the fact that Beckett's in it at all, after the GDS one.

• Love 2

IMO - I"m sick and tired of Bad-Ass Beckett (who used to be a good detective before they sexed her up and sent her running after criminals in high-heels shoes  and designer clothes).and Bumbling Castle who has become, well, bumbling.

Money's too good - I think ti's going to see a Season 9 but., everyone, have some pride.

• Love 4

I see Stana is doing her bit to promote badass Becks on twitter, I particularly loathe the one she started with as a prime example of why badass Becks leaves me cold.

Stana KaticVerified account @Stana_Katic
What are some of YOUR favorite #BadassBeckett moments?Let's see those gifs,art,vines! Get creative...

Ready,set:GO!

https://twitter.com/Stana_Katic/status/710199321728159744

Her get up here and the way they filmed Katic walking across the road was done purely for titillation purposes, to emphasize the Katic hotness factor, it had nothing to do with the character and the story. I thought it was a joke, hooker boots, bullet proof vest laughably too small resting high on her midriff offering little protection and her gun holstered snugly against her thighs, hair flying around getting in the way, striding out. I groan every time I see it, took me completely out the scene but at the time the Stanatics went crazy over it. 

The fans have certainly responded to Stana's call and produced a long of gifs showing Beckett in various badass guises over the years if any one wants to check out all the tweets underneath it and go back down badass memory lane! 

One of the few "badass" moment on there I liked was the Bracken arrest scene, she finally brought closure for herself on a case that understandably had been central to her life for so long.  I also liked it when she hugged Castle and thanked him for helping her that was a truly satisfying moment. It felt like closure for them both, may be a little rushed but I was happy for her thinking that's another huge healing moment and they can now both move on. 

Or rather I thought it was but then Hawley decided in his infinite wisdom to dredge it all up again and we got Locksnore. Unlike the Bracken drama with this investigation the writers seem intent on wanting to avoid them investigating much together which is the worst thing they could have done. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Honestly most of their moves just confuse me. Beckett's promotion is a good example. They really have not explored any new story lines where her promotion mattered one bit. From what I can tell all it accomplished was getting Castle out of the precinct & losing Gates as a supporting character. I can't say Gates was one of my favorite characters but I can say I thought she ran rings around Hayley & Vikrum. I guess the new show runners wanted to leave their mark but I don't understand what they hoped to accomplish by messing around with the foundation of the show. Most of the time the old saying is true & you should dance with the one that brung you.

• Love 3

Honestly most of their moves just confuse me. Beckett's promotion is a good example. They really have not explored any new story lines where her promotion mattered one bit. From what I can tell all it accomplished was getting Castle out of the precinct & losing Gates as a supporting character. I can't say Gates was one of my favorite characters but I can say I thought she ran rings around Hayley & Vikrum. I guess the new show runners wanted to leave their mark but I don't understand what they hoped to accomplish by messing around with the foundation of the show. Most of the time the old saying is true & you should dance with the one that brung you.

Presumably Stana has been directed to play the Captain as a serious figure but I think the result has been stilted and boring, and far less interesting than the previous two incumbents. Hawley claimed it would open up interesting avenues to explore Beckett's character outside the precinct, well we're still waiting, and he also said it would create a new dynamic with the boyz as their supervisor, but she has always been the lead detective since day one, ordering them around, so I can't see why he would think that.

This is what Hawley said at the TCAs

“This season was a little bit of a transition, getting Castle into the PI office and setting that world up for him to give him that drive … We wanted to wrap up a lot of the threads of different conspiracies, Beckett’s mother’s murder, Castle’s missing time. We wanted by the end of Season 8 to have gotten through all those — hopefully in a compelling and satisfying way — so Season 9 can be more about the case of the week, going back to the fun of solving the case of the week and not have the luggage of past conspiracies.”

So S8 was all about changing the emphasis from a writer and his muse solving crimes together to Castle P.I. becoming more important and Beckett taking a back seat. I've seen people complaining on social media that they are fed up with their perceived emphasis on Beckett at Castle's expense and yet Castle was nearly always heavily involved with the episodes about her mother's case and they gave rise to some of Castle's best dramatic moments (Knockdown, Knockout, Always) and also allowed Castle to indulge in a little Badass of his own (Knockdown). The writers attempts to make Castle more the focal character for the stories has hardly resulted in very interesting alternatives so far while Beckett shuffles paper in her office.

• Love 1

Someone claiming to have inside info posted in the comments on TVOvermind that they are playing up Castle this season because Stana wants to leave at the end of this season. Which I hope isn't true. Castle PI bores me.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

Someone claiming to have inside info posted in the comments on TVOvermind that they are playing up Castle this season because Stana wants to leave at the end of this season. Which I hope isn't true. Castle PI bores me.

Didnt see that comment, but i believe it. Kind of seems like the writing has been on the wall all season

Presumably Stana has been directed to play the Captain as a serious figure but I think the result has been stilted and boring, and far less interesting than the previous two incumbents. Hawley claimed it would open up interesting avenues to explore Beckett's character outside the precinct, well we're still waiting, and he also said it would create a new dynamic with the boyz as their supervisor, but she has always been the lead detective since day one, ordering them around, so I can't see why he would think that.

Agreed, Beckett's promotion to Captain has been a waste of time but then Stana hasn't looked that much into the role this season, can't decide if she's bored full stop with Castle after 8 years or she's bored because of the material she's getting - may be it's a bit of both. 

It takes more than fart jokes and fire extinguisher gags to highlight and develop the characters, yet that's about as deep as Hawley's gone this season. I've seen nothing of the character development promised and I doubt I'll get any. If we haven't by now the chances are pretty slim things will change.

• Love 2

They can play up Castle all they want but if this season has proven anything it's that this show needs Beckett - preferably working with Castle. It totally dumbfounded me that anyone at ABC thinks they should continue making Tis show if they can't get Stana to stay!

It also dumbfounds me that Stana would walk away this late in the game. She put 8 seasons into this show, it's almost at the end....why not stick it out and see it through? No one in Hollywood is gonna applaud that decision....

I also laugh at Tumblr and Twitter -- there are the doomsdayers who are convinced Stana is leaving, the show is being spun off and then there are the Mary-Sue's who refuse to even contemplate anything other than Castle continuing with all things being equal -- BOTH claiming inside info.....

Edited by BellyLaughter
It also dumbfounds me that Stana would walk away this late in the game. She put 8 seasons into this show, it's almost at the end....why not stick it out and see it through? No one in Hollywood is gonna applaud that decision....

I have no clue if Stana Katic is leaving or not, but it happens on procedurals (which this show is, albeit a light one) and other shows all the time, actors leaving.

Procedural-wise alone, Chris Meloni left L&O: SVU after 12 seasons. L&O: CI lost both leads after 9 seasons (albeit they came back for a final season for closure, replacing their replacements), Kyra Sedgwick left The Closer, which is still thriving as Major Crimes under its current lead, and now Michael Weatherly is leaving NCIS after eons there. So if SK does leave, I don't think Hollywood would bat an eye.

It's the biz, and Katic has to do what's best for her.

Now, granted, the above are more "serious" procedurals and do not have a focal romance, but they are examples of "the show must go on" (even if sometimes it shouldn't, in other cases).

But if ABC still sees money to be made without Katic onboard - for good or bad - I can see the network attempting it. Especially since the 10:00 p.m. slot is basically a void now.

• Love 2

I don't disagree with anything you've said but I guess my feeling has always been that I watch the show for Castle and Beckett. If Stana leaves then I won't be watching - same applies to the less likely scenario that it's Nathan who departs.

I guess personally I feel that strongly about it that I am inclined to be more dramatic and less pragmatic about her choice. But as you said it's her choice....as shatteringly disappointing as it is!!

• Love 2

I agree - they shouldn't have messed with the foundation of the show - but, they did.  I think Gates added something and I'm not happy she's gone.   Now Beckett is in a Captain role, where, realistically, she should be basically filling out paper-work (my dad was a cop) and overseeing investigations.    But they are trying to, somehow, bring her into the field and bring Castle into her investigations.

I personally wouldn't have written myself into that corner.

And, with or without Stana Katic, I believe Castle will be renewed if Nathan Fillion signs.    I'm ok with that because of jobs.

• Love 1

It's the biz, and Katic has to do what's best for her.

Now, granted, the above are more "serious" procedurals and do not have a focal romance, but they are examples of "the show must go on" (even if sometimes it shouldn't, in other cases).

But if ABC still sees money to be made without Katic onboard - for good or bad - I can see the network attempting it. Especially since the 10:00 p.m. slot is basically a void now.

Yeah, Stana should do what she thinks it right for her, although I have a hard time believing she's going to find something that pays more or gives her more exposure. Her non-Castle projects have not exactly been anything great. But who knows what she's looking for (if she is looking to leave, I have no idea if that's really the case).

And ABC still has a right to try and make a profit. It's business for them, even if viewers get emotionally 

But regardless of those facts I still really, really, really hope we don't get a Beckett-less Season 9. I feel like no matter how they explain it, it will ruin the idea of a happily-ever-after for Caskett. And I haven't watched the show for 8 fucking seasons to not get happy ending. Also, the Beckett-less episodes this season were super-boring. A Castle-less episode would probably be boring too. 

• Love 7

Yeah, Stana should do what she thinks it right for her, although I have a hard time believing she's going to find something that pays more or gives her more exposure. Her non-Castle projects have not exactly been anything great. But who knows what she's looking for (if she is looking to leave, I have no idea if that's really the case).

And ABC still has a right to try and make a profit. It's business for them, even if viewers get emotionally

But regardless of those facts I still really, really, really hope we don't get a Beckett-less Season 9. I feel like no matter how they explain it, it will ruin the idea of a happily-ever-after for Caskett. And I haven't watched the show for 8 fucking seasons to not get happy ending. Also, the Beckett-less episodes this season were super-boring. A Castle-less episode would probably be boring too.

I think what annoys me is that we have been, thru subtext, guaranteed a happy ending for these two for 7 years. Until Hawley took over. If Stana doesnt return we wont get that ending and my guess will be any "spin off" will last a year, if that, so it will all be for nothing.
  • Love 4

I think what annoys me is that we have been, thru subtext, guaranteed a happy ending for these two for 7 years. Until Hawley took over. If Stana doesnt return we wont get that ending and my guess will be any "spin off" will last a year, if that, so it will all be for nothing.

I think it's shakey ground to think we are guaranteed a happy ending BUT I think it's completely fair to allow the hope of a happy ending to motivate your viewing experience.  Taking either Castle or Beckett out of the equation right now would remove the hope that has driven this show's audience for 8 seasons.....it would be a big ask to expect the audience to continue on without that hope.  I am sure many would try but would the passion be there anymore??  Like you said it could all boil down to nuking the love story in the vain hope that the audience will just jump on board the spinoff train .... and in all likelihood it will come to nothing .... that's my greatest fear.   Really, has this season done anything other than show how vital the partnership of Castle and Beckett is to this show and its fans??  

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 4

If Stana doesnt return we wont get that ending and my guess will be any "spin off" will last a year, if that, so it will all be for nothing.

Exactly. Why not say upfront Season 8 would be the last and go out with a really great fun season, rather than spend a season where they do have Stana barely using her and ruining the love story, just to have one more season about boring Castle PI? Just sign Nathan Fillion to do a new show or something. Or pick better new series to air.

Like you said it could all boil down to nuking the love story in the vain hope that the audience will just jump on board the spinoff train .... and in all likelihood it will come to nothing .... that's my greatest fear.   Really, has this season done anything other than show how vital the partnership of Castle and Beckett is to this show and its fans??  

It's really just too depressing to think about. I normally try to be optimistic about the show, but I had a really crappy day and am in a pessimistic mood.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 3

Exactly. Why not say upfront Season 8 would be the last and go out with a really great fun season, rather than spend a season where they do have Stana barely using her and ruining the love story, just to have one more season about boring Castle PI? Just sign Nathan Fillion to do a new show or something. Or pick better new series to air.

It's really just too depressing to think about. I normally try to be optimistic about the show, but I had a really crappy day and am in a pessimistic mood.

I feel ya!! 

• Love 1

I think Gates added accountability.     There's basically no-one above Beckett to reel themselves in.

• Love 2

In Hindsight I should have spotted the behavior pattern when they held Penny hostage till Stana signed, then once she was in the fold Bye Bye Penny with a very weak explanation at a very shitty Season Opening.  Past behavior is the best predictor of future, so these two chuckleheads, Winter and Hawley especially will throw anyone under the bus to keep their jobs, if that is possible now.  Wendy stated earlier that the time slot is a void, and that might be the only redeeming grace for a S 9, BUT if Shonda's new show shows good numbers for it's encore performance in Castle time slot, NF and company could go the route of Bones and be looking for a day to air, who knows BUT, I sincerely hope ABC fires Hawley, Great Writer, TERRIBLE Show Ruiner YOMV

Based on the episodes he's written I wouldn't say he's even that good a writer these days, although saying that I did like Cool Boys but that probably had more to do with the great Fillion/Baldwin chemistry and minimal references to Locksat.

Everyone has been infected by the Locksat curse it seems in one way or another.

As someone mentioned earlier, Winter wrote some really good episodes in the past (Cops and Robbers was a standout) but he's gone off the boil too.

Being a good writer doesn't necessarily translate into being equally adept at running a show and planning the overall story arc of a season, that takes a different set of skills and mindset. Based on their interviews which set out what they wanted to achieve from a storytelling point of view, it's been an epic fail and neither come out of this season covered in glory. I've spent most of my time vascillating between boredom and frustration with few satisfying moments to be enjoyed.

Maybe they can turn it around in the remaining episodes but at this point I don't see what they can do which will make feel better and more hopeful, only Castle walking out the shower in the finale and it all being a horrible dream could cheer me up.

Oh that and Vikram getting run over by a bus.

Edited by verdana

Is there any hope that Castle/Beckett would still be together if Stana doesn't re-sign? The writers could just say Beckett transferred or something. It wouldn't be a satisfying viewing experience, but it would still be better than death or divorce.

• Love 2

Is there any hope that Castle/Beckett would still be together if Stana doesn't re-sign? The writers could just say Beckett transferred or something. It wouldn't be a satisfying viewing experience, but it would still be better than death or divorce.

I would expect IF Stana leaves, and there is a S9 Dumb and Dumber would blow her up much like MASH did to McLain Stevenson when he left, or Shonda did to McDreamy.  That way the only way she could return would to blow off a full season, much like the old Dallas did for Bobby and the Shower scene.  IMO not going to happen and once Stana or Nathan leave, don't see them coming back.  Just my opinion, and speculation

Always hope, but I think the reality is that, should a spin-off series happen, I doubt TPTB would keep Castle tied to a "phantom" character, so he could have more options/story. For good or bad, more doors open up if the character is unencumbered.

Always hope, but I think the reality is that, should a spin-off series happen, I doubt TPTB would keep Castle tied to a "phantom" character, so he could have more options/story. For good or bad, more doors open up if the character is unencumbered.

Do you have to be such a ray of sunshine? LOL

Do you have to be such a ray of sunshine? LOL

I prefer to call it being a realist because the biz seems like a bitch.  :-)

The way the sun is hitting Katic's hair in that promo, it looks positively blondish.

• Love 1

I love Nathan and Susan together, they give me a warm glow inside - about the only thing giving me a warm glow at the moment Castle wise.

Can I have more Martha and Castle please (since having Martha, Beckett and Castle all together is probably a wish too far) and less Locksat.

They had to ruin it at the end by having Beckett vanish and then have her mention Locksat and the "successful" job they're doing hiding their relationship from them, for fucks sake watching her sneaking about like this is embarrassing. I feel sorry for the actors, how old are these people again? Her moving back into the loft can't come soon enough. Why do they keep wanting to highlight the sheer stupidity of this organisation in being fooled by this amateurish ruse a 5 year old could see through is beyond me. 

And yeah what's up with the layout of their apartment? I guess I shouldn't even be wasting brain cells thinking about it that's the least of the show's problems lol. 

Did Liars Cheat Too Much? Could Castle Save ABC Tuesday? Is The Underworld Not Hot as Hell? And More TV Qs at TV Line 

21 | Given the ratings for Of Kings and Prophets, Wicked City, Forever, Mind Games, Killer Women and (whew!) Lucky 7, is it time for ABC to accept Tuesdays-at-10 as a dead zone for new shows and relocate a veteran (such as Castle, should it be renewed) come fall?

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

There's something vaguely familar about this sneak peek that is evading me for the moment. At least Martha hasn't got Alexis in tow this time. LOL

It reminds me a bit of when Beckett first slept with Castle and was trying to sneak out the loft whilst he was chatting to Martha and Alexis trying to distract, I always laugh at the moment she touches her boobs and realises she's forgotten her bra and heads back to go find it lol, that happened to me once. 

That moment in After the Storm was way better than this one though, only Martha's presence made this sneak enjoyable for me. 

Edited by verdana

The way the sun is hitting Katic's hair in that promo, it looks positively blondish.

As it also did the first time I saw this scenario...in After the Storm.  

Guess Creasey, like his boss, wanted to write his own version of something we've already seen on-screen. Meh. 

What a weird loft layout. No wonder 3XK had no problem getting into the loft, apparently you can sneak out from the bedroom to the main hallway.

Ha! Yeah, who on Earth has a door in their BEDROOM leading to the outside like that? 

The bedroom does have two entrances , see these floor plans: http://castletv.net/richard-castles-secret-lair/. But there was never a door from the bedroom into the hallway. But maybe it was something Castle set up in his playboy days so he could get women out of the loft without a young Alexis seeing them? Except you'd think if they had a door there Beckett could have used it to escape in After the Storm.  

Those are supposed to be from Richard Castle's official site, so maybe that's why people have no problem breaking in.

That's kind of a mean dedication, but it's pretty typical Martha.

I'm guessing it's going to take Castle the whole episode to tell Kate what he found out? He'll keep getting interrupted whenever he tries.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

I'm guessing it's going to take Castle the whole episode to tell Kate what he found out? He'll keep getting interrupted whenever he tries.

That's a given with the Castle writers, they can't possibly have them talking immediately and getting it out the way right from the start, where's the "fun" in that?

• Love 1

That's a given with the Castle writers, they can't possibly have them talking immediately and getting it out the way right from the start, where's the "fun" in that?

Well, I guess it's better than keeping it a secret for 8-22 episodes.  It's all in your perspective.

I love Nathan and Susan together, they give me a warm glow inside - about the only thing giving me a warm glow at the moment Castle wise.

Can I have more Martha and Castle please (since having Martha, Beckett and Castle all together is probably a wish too far) and less Locksat.

They had to ruin it at the end by having Beckett vanish and then have her mention Locksat and the "successful" job they're doing hiding their relationship from them, for fucks sake watching her sneaking about like this is embarrassing. I feel sorry for the actors, how old are these people again? Her moving back into the loft can't come soon enough. Why do they keep wanting to highlight the sheer stupidity of this organisation in being fooled by this amateurish ruse a 5 year old could see through is beyond me.

And yeah what's up with the layout of their apartment? I guess I shouldn't even be wasting brain cells thinking about it that's the least of the show's problems lol.

I have to say the "exposition" dialogue in Castle has always driven me nuts....from day 1 its been clunky at best!

I wonder if he'll tell her - she'll be upset and a bit angry throughout the rest of the episode and she just finally cracks it - throws caution to the wind and decides to end the charade??

My other theory is something happens during her case at the academy and whatever it is makes her decide to end the charade about the break up. She turns up at the loft to let him know and he then spills his beans and we are left to wait until the next episode to find out her reaction.....which can't be that dramatic as she is meant to move back in 8x16??!

I have to say the "exposition" dialogue in Castle has always driven me nuts....from day 1 its been clunky at best!

I didn't notice it so much in the early days but then may be that's my rose coloured perspective on the early seasons showing but in the later years good God it's been dire, that line was painfully awkward and although I love Susan and would like to see more of her, I wish they'd had them interrupted by the usual phone call for work instead.

What I don't get is that Kate said they'd been "outed" by Martha but in that scene she was acting like she believed his pathetic excuse over the TWO cups sitting on the counter, she seemed more fixated on showing him her book. I hope they have Martha saying yeah of course I knew otherwise she's seriously dropped IQ points, in After the Storm Martha was able to deduce that Beckett was hiding with ease. If they have her acting genuinely shocked it's further evidence they're treating the characters and audience like a bunch of idiots.

My other theory is something happens during her case at the academy and whatever it is makes her decide to end the charade about the break up. She turns up at the loft to let him know and he then spills his beans and we are left to wait until the next episode to find out her reaction.....which can't be that dramatic as she is meant to move back in 8x16??!

That could be another likely option but there are no high stakes involved here emotionally between them since the writers seem intent on keeping it superficial so I'm not concerned. It's only going to last briefly any possible discomfort as there's fun and games with Beckett and Lucy next week so yeah whatever happens it won't be a big deal.

And even if it is meant to be serious the characters won't act like it is and therein lies one of the main problems I have with the storytelling, the characters are telling me things are serious but I don't believe them.

I said a while ago that it was getting to the point where I wanted them to split up and find more suitable partners but I've had a change of heart, they both deserve each other at this point, why inflict their emotional incontinence and stupidity on other people? They don't have what I consider to be a healthy marital relationship and I don't see that changing because its an easy way for the writers to generate a bit of angst and relationship drama.

It's a shame but that's how it is, they can never emotionally grow as a couple in a truly positive way, its one step forward and five paces back. Both characters appear to shrug everything off that happens to them under the excuse of it being true love and that makes it okay then, may be fans get a half hearted sorry then a kiss if they're lucky as proof that a fundamental lesson has been learnt (yeah right until the next time) and they move on.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I think they have really done a disservice to Martha this season. She hasnt given her son one bit of good advice yet, continues to talk down to him, and that dedication was awful and embarrassing.

I also think she will assume he is having an affair or something and thats why Rick tells Kate he cant do this anymore. No one is as smart as they once were, including Martha, so i dont think she knows. Unfortunately.

• Love 2

I didn't notice it so much in the early days but then may be that's my rose coloured perspective on the early seasons showing but in the later years good God it's been dire, that line was painfully awkward and although I love Susan and would like to see more of her, I wish they'd had them interrupted by the usual phone call for work instead.

What I don't get is that Kate said they'd been "outed" by Martha but in that scene she was acting like she believed his pathetic excuse over the TWO cups sitting on the counter, she seemed more fixated on showing him her book. I hope they have Martha saying yeah of course I knew otherwise she's seriously dropped IQ points, in After the Storm Martha was able to deduce that Beckett was hiding with ease. If they have her acting genuinely shocked it's further evidence they're treating the characters and audience like a bunch of idiots.

That could be another likely option but there are no high stakes involved here emotionally between them since the writers seem intent on keeping it superficial so I'm not concerned. It's only going to last briefly any possible discomfort as there's fun and games with Beckett and Lucy next week so yeah whatever happens it won't be a big deal.

And even if it is meant to be serious the characters won't act like it is and therein lies one of the main problems I have with the storytelling, the characters are telling me things are serious but I don't believe them.

I said a while ago that it was getting to the point where I wanted them to split up and find more suitable partners but I've had a change of heart, they both deserve each other at this point, why inflict their emotional incontinence and stupidity on other people? They don't have what I consider to be a healthy marital relationship and I don't see that changing because its an easy way for the writers to generate a bit of angst and relationship drama.

It's a shame but that's how it is, they can never emotionally grow as a couple in a truly positive way, its one step forward and five paces back. Both characters appear to shrug everything off that happens to them under the excuse of it being true love and that makes it okay then, may be fans get a half hearted sorry then a kiss if they're lucky as proof that a fundamental lesson has been learnt (yeah right until the next time) and they move on.

She didn't say they'd been outed by Martha, she said it would have been ironic if they had been outed by Martha.

I agree that the writing this season has been making Caskett regress emotionally, and that we never see a full serious conversation because the writers try to make things funny. But I still see them as a good couple underneath all that. And I'm hoping that them getting back together publicly before catching LockSat is going to be a sign that they have grown/learned something. We'll see about that though.

This is a recent conversation that Hanning had on twitter

Engine Ear ‏@Engine_Ear2015 13h13 hours ago
@RobHanning Rob,with all the chatter about another Caskett blowup, do they ever go back to "work partners" this season, or is that only 819?

Robert Hanning ‏@RobHanning 12h12 hours ago
@Engine_Ear2015 This will be addressed in 815. I encourage you to watch!

"Addressing" the "work partners" issue doesn't necessarily mean they reach a conclusion, or if they do, just reach the same decision they did before the premier, that Castle wouldn't follow her at the precinct like he did when she was a detective. I'll be very surprised at this stage if there is a different outcome.

This is a recent conversation that Hanning had on twitter

Engine Ear ‏@Engine_Ear2015 13h13 hours ago

@RobHanning Rob,with all the chatter about another Caskett blowup, do they ever go back to "work partners" this season, or is that only 819?

Robert Hanning ‏@RobHanning 12h12 hours ago

@Engine_Ear2015 This will be addressed in 815. I encourage you to watch!

"Addressing" the "work partners" issue doesn't necessarily mean they reach a conclusion, or if they do, just reach the same decision they did before the premier, that Castle wouldn't follow her at the precinct like he did when she was a detective. I'll be very surprised at this stage if there is a different outcome.

What i take this to mean (and i could be very wrong) is that they decide to work together on LokSat