Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Im really torn about this whole fall finale thing. On the one hand, i can def see them dragging this separation out to the spring but another part thinks that if they do, the loss of viewers will be huge. Are they willing to take that gamble? Maybe.

It appears that the ABC press department haven't caught up with the fact Kate has been promoted. 

Well, when she's still acting and behaving more like a detective than a captain, can you blame them?

• Love 1

Stana goes to work by bus? Interesting.

She has often said that she takes mass transit once a week.

I couldn't watch for more than a second to see if she spoke of the frequency because the dress was just too much. I had constant tension that something was going to fall out, LOL. One of the awards shows enacted a no side boob policy. I can kind of see why. Stana's clothing choices have frequently been far removed from mine. This is nothing new ;-). Thank goodness for choices, so we can all have our own.

Edited by TVWithPity
  • Love 1

Talk about rubbing it in, nothing like reminding fans about their honeymoon at this point. Heh

Completely clueless! That is not shocking behavior from the promo people but it still rubs me the wrong way.

Maybe after reminding everyone that they were once happily married the next new episode can show them crying alone to celebrate their one year anniversary(or sniffing more clothing). That'll make a fun tweet. Castle is all about fun and romance this season. :)

• Love 2

It is a bit clueless in the grand scheme of this season, but they are repeating that episode on Monday so probably just trying to promote the rerun. It does surprise me, though, that's the episode they're going with to repeat. Rub the salt in indeed.

• Love 1

Maybe after reminding everyone that they were once happily married the next new episode can show them crying alone to celebrate their one year anniversary(or sniffing more clothing). That'll make a fun tweet. Castle is all about fun and romance this season. :)

I expect to see Beckett looking at the TOP SECRET Locksat file on her desk with a furrowed brow as the writers continue in their weak attempts at injecting some continuity into the show. I'm doubtful the writers will even remember their wedding anniversary but either way they're bound to throw fans some kind of shipper bone to tide them over, adoring looks will be exchanged between Castle and Beckett as neither find it remotely necessary to be honest and open with each other....before we head back to fun, farts and frolicks crime solving. 

Quotes of the Week for Oct. 25, 2015 at TV Line

"Do you always eat kale for breakfast? Because that is just wrong…. You reek of it. Like this room stinks of grade-D Greek food."

"You're very sensitive to smell."

"Oh, you should change your name to Captain Obvious!"

"OK, so what did our killer smell like?"

"Gosh, I don't know — it was either puppies... or gunpowder."

"Are you always this unpleasant?"

"Yep."

Beckett (Stana Katic) should almost wear Kevlar when dealing with "The Nose" (Stephnie Weir)

• Love 1

She has often said that she takes mass transit once a week.

I couldn't watch for more than a second to see if she spoke of the frequency because the dress was just too much. I had constant tension that something was going to fall out, LOL. One of the awards shows enacted a no side boob policy. I can kind of see why. Stana's clothing choices have frequently been far removed from mine. This is nothing new ;-). Thank goodness for choices, so we can all have our own.

Found another picture and it looks even more unflattering in this shot, the all in one suit makes her hip area look huge, coupled with the high waist it's not working on any level. 

I don't know what makes these stars want to wear such revealing tops cut right down to show their ribs it, I find it doesn't do anything to enhance a woman's sex appeal. 

I checked out the designer she mentioned you know how much that cost? Just under US$7,000. She was robbed, to spend that much money on one item of clothing, people need their heads examined. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Found another picture and it looks even more unflattering in this shot, the all in one suit makes her hip area look huge, coupled with the high waist it's not working on any level. 

I don't know what makes these stars want to wear such revealing tops cut right down to show their ribs it, I find it doesn't do anything to enhance a woman's sex appeal. 

I checked out the designer she mentioned you know how much that cost? Just under US$7,000. She was robbed, to spend that much money on one item of clothing, people need their heads examined. 

I showed my husband.  First comment was, "she didn't fill it out enough (men!)."   Second comment, "it's attention-getting, and that's why she did it."  He might be onto something. Hey, if people Google her picture, even to gasp in horror, maybe that's good for the cause she's trying to promote.  So maybe she got the response she was looking for.   Getting on a worst dressed list is definitely better than being mediocre.

Because of the unflattering cut, some people on Twitter suggested that she looked pregnant. Nahhh, me, I think it's just a weird cut.  Stana's body type is sort of wide.  I noticed it first on the ep when she wore the weird bathing suit.  ("To Live and Die in LA?") 

Maybe if the designer had reduced the cleavage and revealed some hip skin to visually narrow her lower half a bit, it would have worked better.

The $7000:  The designer may have loaned the garment to her.  Who knows?  I went to the web site and saw one almost identical, except gold and not low cut in the front.  That one was $8000, more material in it I guess ;-).  No link, sorry.  I gathered from some of his other designs that she has worn him more than once.

JMO, I think my rule is that side boob is fine, just pick a side. Doing both sides is too much. 

Edited by TVWithPity

I was having fun digging through TVTropes.org , reading tropes that might fit the breakup arc, hoping that it would help me see what the writers' next plan is.

Apparently Beckett has Spiderwoman complex, a term invented to describe the "It's Not You, It's My Enemies" trope.

("No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try... the ones I love will always be the ones who pay." — Peter Parker, Spider-Man)

Soo, even if we don't have a Halloween episode, we most certainly will have a Halloween theme.  Oh what a tangled web we weave ;-).

So Slaughter becomes the murder suspect and needs Castle's help.

So it goes in 8x8 "Cool Boys". The Firefly duo obsession returns to Castle during November sweeps month. All three (Hawley, Baldwin, Fillion) living in the past ("Headhunters").   A crapfest to ensure further drop in the ratings. IMO.

Edited by VinceW

So it goes in 8x8 "Cool Boys". The Firefly duo obsession returns to Castle during November sweeps month. All three (Hawley, Baldwin, Fillion) living in the past ("Headhunters").   A crapfest to ensure further drop in the ratings. IMO.

I personally don't think this two week hiatus is going to do ratings any good at all and then the winter hiatus into February ratings may fall off a cliff at that point.

• Love 1

The definition of insanity:  Doing the same thing again and expecting a different result....only this time do it HARDER.  (snarkfont ->) You should understand that the problem last time is they didn't do Firefly HARD ENOUGH ;-).

And actually, at this point, maybe Fireflying will help.  (Yes, Firefly is now a verb).

Off topic but since these guys like pulling from S 3-4 so much, do u think we will see Beckett get shot again a la S3 finale? Just a thought.

Yes I can, they've telegraphed that already by mentioning she risks getting killed if she keeps on digging and especially if it looks as if Katic is going to jump ship and even if she isn't they'll probably do it anyway. Since Hawley likes living in the past so much we can go back to revisiting her "walls" and PTSD for S9.

They could have Castle getting shot instead or hey why not both! Wouldn't that be fun....sigh. and Given that Hawley came from The Following and seems keen to amp up the drama I can see the cliffhanger being a big one involving multiple possible character deaths to leave fans nervous and miserable over the long summer hiatus. 

They have had about 4 people tell her she will die...

The way i see it ending IF there is a S9 is either she will die or become Senator. We move on the Castle PI and he either grieves for a yr or she is off screen being a senator for a yr before they break up, then he moves on.

I think we're already in "Walls" territory.  We're seeing Beckett revisit an addiction, fall off the wagon, so to speak.  She even admits to her addiction in the first season episode where she finds out that Castle is independently investigating her mother.   (Or maybe this is me trying to find sense in nonsense.)  Castle brought it up right before the 8x  breakup and then somehow forgot all about it by Episode 3

Assuming there is a summer hiatus and this season isn't the end. (But with Hawley's name attached to another project and sinking ratings, I do think there's a chance this season is it.)

I know the ratings aren't that great but what's out there that could replace it?  I check out the ratings each week but I've not paid much attention to any of the new ABC shows. I can see Castle surviving another season even with poor ratings because of that saying "you don't have to outrun the bear just the other guy" and may be that'll be enough to keep it limping along with or without Hawley. 

They have had about 4 people tell her she will die...

Oh in that case, she's a goner. Lol 

Edited by verdana

I know the ratings aren't that great but what's out there that could replace it?  I check out the ratings each week but I've not paid much attention to any of the new ABC shows. I can see Castle surviving another season even with poor ratings because of that saying "you don't have to outrun the bear just the other guy" and may be that'll be enough to keep it limping along with or without Hawley. 

Oh, I'm not saying it is definitely the end, just there's a good chance it could be.

And I semi agree with the argument of there being nothing in the pipeline and outrunning those on the same network, but the truth is, the network will have to cut bait at some point since Castle is aging and won't last forever. So I think it'll come down to the devil you know versus the one you don't...

From TV|Line on sweeps:

Nov. 9, "Cool Boys": With Beckett away at a work function, Castle gets swept up in a caper involving Detective Slaughter (returning guest star Adam Baldwin) – some bro time that affords Rick a chance to vent about his muddled marriage. "What we tried to do was have a bit of the 'guy' conversation about what's happening, but put that perspective on its head," says co-showrunner Alexi Hawley. And partly due to gruff Slaughter's unexpected insights, "It ends up being a positive conversation."

Nov. 16, "The Last Seduction": All My Children alum Lindsay Price and Rescue Me's Andrea Roth are on hand for a "very fun episode" centered on Rick and Kate's first wedding anniversary, says co-showrunner Terence Paul Winter. "But how do you celebrate when you're having this weird 'time out'? Well, they find a way." Also: Ryan and Espo attend therapy!

Nov. 23, "Mr. & Mrs. Castle": The fall finale, per its title, is a nod to Brangelina's Mr. & Mrs. Smith -- namely, "the fun of the conflict in that relationship in the movie," says Hawley. On what note will it leave fans heading into a three-month hiatus? "We're not leaving you with a cliffhanger," says Hawley, "but the promise of what it will be like when we come back."

Fun, fun, fun. ....... no it's BS,BS,BS !!!

The fun in the relationship in the movie? Didn't they beat and shoot the hell out of each other? I doubt we'll get a hot dancing scene or make out session......but hey IT'S FUN FUN FUN

Edited by cappuccino

Fun, fun, fun. ....... no it's BS,BS,BS !!!

The fun in the relationship in the movie? Didn't they beat and shoot the hell out of each other? I doubt we'll get a hot dancing scene or make out session......but hey IT'S FUN FUN FUN

And fun anniversary ep while separated. Wow, sounds delightful. Barf

With Beckett away at a work function

Ha! Called it! I thought they would have her away at some work related do. 

Nov. 16, "The Last Seduction": All My Children alum Lindsay Price and Rescue Me's Andrea Roth are on hand for a "very fun episode" centered on Rick and Kate's first wedding anniversary, says co-showrunner Terence Paul Winter. "But how do you celebrate when you're having this weird 'time out'? Well, they find a way." Also: Ryan and Espo attend therapy!

If these two characters were behaving even remotely rationally there would be precious little "fun" involved and in any case shouldn't a wedding anniversary be predominantly romantic?  But no the buzzword this season is FUN! 

I can see myself gagging on some painfully contrived Caskett moment that in any other set of circumstances would be sweet but given what's going on is going to leave me yet further frustrated with this whole sorry business. Sorry but I can't get on board with the ridiculous tightrope the writers are trying to walk with this separation angst between "fun" and serious and failing badly at both.

As for Espo and Ryan attending therapy the only person that needs therapy right now is Beckett but she's not interested. Typical.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

Other than the Slaughter episode, I don't think the descriptions sound bad, which is surprising from me, the seasoned cynic. Maybe I've lowered my standards. I watched an episode of 6M Dollar Man over lunch. Talk about unintentional comedy. Wow! Maybe I realized how good current TV is, even at its worst, LOL.

I don't know if it was planned or a last-minute abandonment of a horrible idea, but I think the breakup, as we know it, is going to end. Castle-Beckett will (predictably) move on to a secret relationship. The Mr. and Mrs. Smith analogy is telling. Secret spies. That arrangement will likely take them to the end of the season or if Castle is cancelled, to near the end.

It's interesting that there will be no fall cliff-hanger. Showrunners have apparently found the limits on how much they can torment, punish, insult and ignore the core audience. They grew a little? -- Some character in this drama had to ;-). If so, good for them.

Edited by TVWithPity

"But how do you celebrate when you're having this weird 'time out'? Well, they find a way."

They're seriously calling it time out? Don't you usually put your kids in time out when they act out? Cute how they also say THEY find a way. So what ? Now Beckett throws all threats into the wind? It's complicated. I need time and space. It's not your fault Castle. .....let's go hide in the closet and celebrate our anniversary! WtF

• Love 1

They're seriously calling it time out? Don't you usually put your kids in time out when they act out? Cute how they also say THEY find a way. So what ? Now Beckett throws all threats into the wind? It's complicated. I need time and space. It's not your fault Castle. .....let's go hide in the closet and celebrate our anniversary! WtF

They seriously think the viewers are idiots.

• Love 3

"What we tried to do was have a bit of the 'guy' conversation about what's happening, but put that perspective on its head," says co-showrunner Alexi Hawley. And partly due to gruff Slaughter's unexpected insights, "It ends up being a positive conversation."

And at the end of this "positive" conversation, nothing will have changed and Castle will look even more dumb having to gain insights about his own wife from someone like Slaughter.

As for the "time out" comment that's symptomatic of the childish way they're dealing with everything these days.  The demo for Castle is meant to be women in their mid fifties but you could have fooled me the way they're trying to sell the show to their audience in these interviews. They're separated stop trying to make light of it. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

The new producers are writing episodes as if in a vacuum and they are just playing with the audience using such strange semantics ("weird time out") to describe the relationship. Even before any hiatus, the network will continue to lose audience as long as the producers maintain this odd separation scenario. The majority of broadcast viewing is still done live, or close to it.  Until the story reaches a point that makes some sense, the best thing for fans suggests to just stop watching live until the network forces some changes unless season 8 is the end of the series.

Edited by VinceW

Guilty. I don't care about the relationship, just provide simple entertainment please. I just want the MOTW (misery of the week) to end, whatever it takes. If the pre-hiatus eps do that, I'm in. If Nielsen sends me a recording box, I might take a stronger stand. For now, just no more fart jokes, but more happiness. Thanks showruiners*.

*That last word was autocorrected into the text. Apparently my tablet is a Castle fan, but, like me, preferred other seasons and felt a need to voice it's feelings, LOL. So I left it.

So Lindsay Price is guest staring. I thought Liz Vassey was Lindsay the 1st time I saw that s3 pizza ep. When Liz wears her hair differently she resembles Krista Allen. They really need to complete the pretty brunette killers trifecta with those 3 lol. I wouldn't be surprise if Nathan and Lindsay get lots of scenes sinc they know each other from way back according to Tiffiani's dinner on one of the cooking channels.

Really Ryan and Espo in therapy while the one person who needs it ignores it. So tptb makes their relationship so dysfunctional so they gotta go to therapy when they used to be solid. None of the characters are safe from being destroyed this season.

I really can't with all these "fun" in every ep description this season.

And at the end of this "positive" conversation, nothing will have changed and Castle will look even more dumb having to gain insights about his own wife from someone like Slaughter.

Well they already established that her mortal enemy (Bracken) knew her better than Castle. I guess the fact that a fool like Slaughter can give a grown ass man like Castle good advice on "their weird time out" is all part of the fun that is this season.

Not a cliff hanger but "The promise of what it will be like...."

Does this remind anyone of season 6? The season of 20 + episodes of wedding planning, nods to what is to come, then what Katic called that "bombastic" ending?

In the words of Yoda, "Do or do not, there is no try".

Ha! Called it! I thought they would have her away at some work related do.

We all knew, but I am going to say now they are going to use the word "conference" in the episode.

Not a cliff hanger but "The promise of what it will be like...."

The promise? Taunting us with something that won't happen until much later in the season? Ugh.

Edited by Brit Babe

Darn, where can I read the comment section for this?

If you really want to torture yourself, Thak, you can do so here (warning -- there are spoilers for a good number of shows, so if you avoid them for other things, be prepared).

The promise? Taunting us with something that won't happen until much later in the season? Ugh.

That's what I got out of it too a taunt, stick with it suckers and you might get something later, much later.  Hee! 

Thanks for the link to the comments section, tljgator I need a laugh. 

Some on twitter are already getting very excited at the idea of a Castle version of Mr and Mrs Smith as they dream up the various super hot scenarios for Castle and Beckett, have they been paying serious attention to Castle over the last few years on the sexy times front? The idea they're getting anything remotely akin to that is fanciful in the extreme, for starters Brad and Angie didn't have Rob "lets dim those lights people!" Bowman at the helm and secondly they'll probably have a stream of interruptions to contend with and assorted "fun" moments to kill any signs of heat/romance stone dead. 

Edited by verdana

Some on twitter are already getting very excited at the idea of a Castle version of Mr and Mrs Smith as they dream up the various super hot scenarios for Castle and Beckett, have they been paying serious attention to Castle over the last few years on the sexy times front? The idea they're getting anything remotely akin to that is fanciful in the extreme, for starters Brad and Angie didn't have Rob "lets dim those lights people!" Bowman at the helm and secondly they'll probably have a stream of interruptions to contend with and assorted "fun" moments to kill any signs of heat/romance stone dead. 

To be fair to those posters, Bowman hasn't directed an episode since PhDead...

I agree people are going to be sorely disappointed. They do need something to bring people back in Feb tho. What that is, and if they maintain it, is the question. Even the diehards can only take so much

I agree people are going to be sorely disappointed. They do need something to bring people back in Feb tho. What that is, and if they maintain it, is the question. Even the diehards can only take so much

I vow to not be;-) Showruiners--1, Expectations--0! Seriously, there is NOTHING on TV that is remotely as entertaining to me as Castle, if they can cut the miserable scenes. I'm going to trust that they will do so because I can't imagine anyone, even in the showruiner universe, finding weekly crying and moping sustainable. I need to start approaching Castle like I do Nashville -- as cotton candy.

I know I'm alone once again in my beliefs. But I get all the cookies at the naive optimist table to myself! And they are chocolate chip! I also know that I'm a disappointed person waiting to happen, but feeling anything but hopeful that the showrunners don't have self-destructive tendencies, is just going to make me miserable.