Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Erik Altstadt ‏@EAkorn  60s60 seconds ago

Starting 807 today and it's Friday!! Could this day get any better?!? #Castle #EriksTeases

Erik has now corrected this - should be 808.

Edited by verdana

It does to buyers, yes. They want the flexibility to air episodes completely out of order and if massive storylines are being developed over an entire season and touched upon often (Something Castle has typically never done in the past) then you limit their ability in doing that.

Whether it is actually an issue or not...who knows, what is said in an interview often doesn't end up being the reality in any case.

Exactly. This is a great reason as to why the L&O franchise is all over TV with 3,000 episodes a day (OK, an exaggeration, but you get my drift.)! Procedurals are easy to watch but no investment has to be made since if an episode airs out of order, it really doesn't matter.

Although even that franchise did/does (in the case of last-one-on-air-in-first-run SVU) personal arcs, but it was mainly done as an adjunct without messing with the flow of the main story. (Don't know if that is now the case with SVU as I no longer watch it.)

So, procedurals will always do well since one doesn't have to be bogged down with history. It may suck for those who like serialized things, but they tend to tank. As huge as ER was in first run, you notice - and it had a lot of personal stuff - it is nowhere to be found.

It all comes down to dollars and sense and what sells. So, if Castle tried to follow the procedural model, the cha-ching is likely the reason why.

Re XX sneak peek

"No more secrets", said a character.  Cue more secrets.  ;)  My guess is that's what leads to the break up.

I know I wanted to adopt a 'wait and see' attitude to this angsty arc we're in for, but I must admit that even after watching that angsty sneak peek alone had me yearning for the happy fluff.

And I know I didn't want to take sides or play the blame game, but I must also admit that I wasn't too happy with Beckett after that scene.  Yes, she did what in her mind she needed to do, but before justifying all that, I wanted to hear some sort of apology from her to Castle for the pain and concern she'd caused (like he offered to her when he came back).  Instead, she went straight on the offensive about his actions in the past and not saying sorry for her own.  I just think between two people who love each other, the default response when you've hurt your partner is to say "I'm sorry" first instead of saying "you did the same thing too".  That kind of puts me off.  And I have to say I don't think being kidnapped against your will is quite the same thing as her going off on her own.  Also, Castle didn't lie to her face about his disappearance (and I really hope that won't be revealed to be the case for the sake of levelling their sins)  And unlike what she said here, Beckett actually did have quite a few doubts about Castle during his disappearance and even after he came back.  That was one of the things I really disliked about 701.  Beckett and the boys were all doubting Castle and he was the one who had to prove himself and poke holes in their theory to earn back their trust.  Those were just my gut reactions on watching that scene.  I may feel differently once I know more of the whole picture, and I hope I do, because I don't want to be feeling disappointed at any of the characters.

They obviously haven't gotten to the root of their issues at the end of that scene. Doesn't bode well.  Sigh.

And Beckett's hair/Stana's wig was distracting in that scene.  The lighter colour plus her makeup kept reminding me of Julia Roberts, and not in a particularly good way.  I prefer Beckett with darker hair.  

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

Oh, good, there's a MASSIVE conspiracy! I was so worried it would only be a moderate conspiracy. That sounds totally relatable and amusing and exactly like what the show does best, amiright?! ;) Seriously, I get the need to 'shake things up' after so many seasons on the air, but these spoilers have me worried that Castle is moving further and further away from its strengths and the exact facets of the show that hooked many of us to begin with. When I rewatch, I nearly always find myself skipping the 'darker' conspiracy type of episodes that were peppered in among the fun, witty, engaging whodunits...now I'm worried I'll be tempted to skip a solid majority of this season if those fun, witty, engaging whodunits are set to be the rare exception rather than the rule. 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 2

Instead, she went straight on the offensive about his actions in the past and not saying sorry for her own. I just think between two people who love each other, the default response when you've hurt your partner is to say "I'm sorry" first instead of saying "you did the same thing too".

I agree she should have included an "I'm sorry." But Beckett tends to get defensive when she's called out on things instead of admitting she was wrong. I didn't have a problem with bringing up Castle's disappearance though, because he sort of led her do that talking about being worried.

But I actually think that was a good scene. Very character driven and better written than most of their fights in the past.

• Love 1

Decided not to watch the first sneak peek because after reading some of the reactions I reckon I'll get annoyed and I want to enjoy my weekend as for the second one...called it! Castle's step mom makes an appearance lol.

How many more secret relatives have got to come out of hiding? 

• Love 1

It's the tropiest of all tropes!!

Yep! And looking at the TV Tropes site under "Long Lost Relative" it leads you  to "Everyone is related" "Connected all along" and "Family Twists" one of which was "Surprise Incest" lets hope that there's no more nasty surprises in store...

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

How many more secret relatives have got to come out of hiding? 

There could be loads more.  Castle could also have a sibling or two out there, or even more considering his father's backstory. Beckett could have a sibling too...Johanna could have had a kid before she got married and gave up for adoption.  Then it is a secret relative plus Beckett would have to deal with seeing her mom's memory tainted. They could also give Castle a kid he never knew about.  And if they really wanted to piss off viewers they could have Beckett forget she had a kid like she forgot about Rogan.  

Also, if they bring Johanna back from the dead that is sort of another secret relative. 

This coming from Editor in chief of ??? with less than 700 Followers on Twitter?  Consider the source

While he has very few followers, he's one of the first to break the news of the XFiles revival. So he's got good sources, but he's not always been "correct" because of everything that was changing during the contract period.

• Love 1

Just a shot in the dark, but perhaps the " break-up" will lead to Castle/Beckett discussing some of their issues. I get the impression that Beckett still isn't over Castle's disappearance even though she knows it wasn't really his fault. And clearly Castle is struggling with Beckett's recent activities.

• Love 1

While he has very few followers, he's one of the first to break the news of the XFiles revival. So he's got good sources, but he's not always been "correct" because of everything that was changing during the contract period.

Was he really saying anything that exclusive now? I thought he was just making a snarky remark about Hawley's comment being anti what the show's marketed as. Was there something else where he said something more substantial?

Was he really saying anything that exclusive now? I thought he was just making a snarky remark about Hawley's comment being anti what the show's marketed as. Was there something else where he said something more substantial?

I think it was 90% snark, 10% good point lol

And whilst he does only have 700 followers he seems to have pretty good sources.....

Castle has an Evull Twinn!

Beckett was not only married before, but has a secret love child!!

Martha is not really Castle's mother but a Watcher from the Future-- actually I think that was a Castle/Firefly crossover fanfic.....

"More, More, I'm Still Not Satisfied!" -- Tom Lehrer Smut

• Love 1

....The first time I watched the sneak I thought Castle's "I've seen this before" was about her lying before, but I just rewatched and now I think it is about her getting obsessed with a case like her mom's.  That will fit more with Hawley's (and Bracken's) comments about her obsession never going away.  

Just a shot in the dark, but perhaps the " break-up" will lead to Castle/Beckett discussing some of their issues. I get the impression that Beckett still isn't over Castle's disappearance even though she knows it wasn't really his fault. And clearly Castle is struggling with Beckett's recent activities.

The sneak peeks are giving away a lot which portends that the big split up angst is coming at the end of the episode. The Caskett dialogue over her missing was well done on both sides for the most part, but Castle needs to understand that his limits dealing with dangerous criminals caused Beckett to respond the way she did which others including Alexis have told him many times. He needs to trust her, but she should have contacted someone at the precinct. The worst case presents that she chose loyalty to her job again over Castle which has been her history and she becomes obsessed with a former FBI case spawned from her meeting with Bracken. I think that Beckett’s last comment “No More Secrets’ will be the reason that she feels the need to “breakup”. She either has more secrets to keep or in her mind if they are split up, she can avoid direct confrontation or lying to him in the future about any danger in order to keep him safe, but it doesn't explain how they still appear together in 8x3 working on other cases unless she becomes a FBI liaison working with the tech analyst. This presents as a very strange story line to pursue for very long because it damages her character after how well things have progressed between them since the wedding in season 7. TPTB  can’t expect to keep this kind of angst going for longer than a few episodes unless the 8x1 viewership numbers mean nothing to the network. When Hawley was first mentioned as new show runner, I was reminded about his last script "Headhunters" which was such a mess, but it seems that the story tempo might be moving back in that direction with Castle and Beckett working separate cases and living apart. All these relatives coming out of the woodwork is just too much unless this will be used in the future to avoid Caskett having children together.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

I guess Castle's insistence that they are partners and they share the load is gonna be impossible for Beckett to abide by -- better to break his heart to keep him safe?? I'm not thrilled about it especially as this type of storyline makes the audience chose sides and for me that's never fun! I don't wanna chose sides -- I like both these characters as individuals and as a couple!

It's gonna get ugly in the Castle fandom. Sigh.

My guess is ratings will go up a little Monday (people over Blindspot, people who watched 8x01 later and want to see the continuation) but the (probable) breakup in 8x02 will tank future weeks' ratings. I get not caring about upsetting the fan base, but they're risking alienating a quickly diminishing one and I don't think it's going to work out for them.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame
  • Love 3

I think what is gonna be a true measure of this season and the show's future is how the ratings settle once the Castle/s P.I storyline kicks into full gear -- I get the impression that as fans we are gonna have to embrace that if we want more seasons. Right now I'd rather not have more seasons.....

• Love 1

I guess Castle's insistence that they are partners and they share the load is gonna be impossible for Beckett to abide by -- better to break his heart to keep him safe?? I'm not thrilled about it especially as this type of storyline makes the audience chose sides and for me that's never fun! I don't wanna chose sides -- I like both these characters as individuals and as a couple!

It's gonna get ugly in the Castle fandom. Sigh.

Yeah, I think that is going to be the case too.  She's going to tell him she doesn't want to lie to him, but she also doesn't want to tell him about the case because it puts him in danger, so she needs to be on her own while she is solving it.  That would explain how they can still work together...the danger isn't in being together it is him knowing what she's doing. 

I wonder if we are going to find out more about when Castle disappeared and that he made some choice not to contact Beckett during that time.  They kind of hinted at this in Sleeper, but didn't say for sure how much control Castle had over what he did.  But that could make things "even."  It's a shame they feel the need to bring them both down, rather than up.

The first time I watched the sneak I thought Castle's "I've seen this before" was about her lying before, but I just rewatched and now I think it is about her getting obssessed with a case like her mom's.  That will fit more with Hawley's (and Bracken's) comments about her obsession never going away.  Which I think seems to be trashing Beckett's character for the sake of creating angst.  It seems like Hawley is writing a storyline that would have worked back in season 5, right after Beckett made the choice of Castle/life over justice/revenge, and is ignoring the three seasons of character growth after he left the show.

• Love 2

Yeah, I think that is going to be the case too.  She's going to tell him she doesn't want to lie to him, but she also doesn't want to tell him about the case because it puts him in danger, so she needs to be on her own while she is solving it.  That would explain how they can still work together...the danger isn't in being together it is him knowing what she's doing. 

I wonder if we are going to find out more about when Castle disappeared and that he made some choice not to contact Beckett during that time.  They kind of hinted at this in Sleeper, but didn't say for sure how much control Castle had over what he did.  But that could make things "even."  It's a shame they feel the need to bring them both down, rather than up.

The first time I watched the sneak I thought Castle's "I've seen this before" was about her lying before, but I just rewatched and now I think it is about her getting obssessed with a case like her mom's.  That will fit more with Hawley's (and Bracken's) comments about her obsession never going away.  Which I think seems to be trashing Beckett's character for the sake of creating angst.  It seems like Hawley is writing a storyline that would have worked back in season 5, right after Beckett made the choice of Castle/life over justice/revenge, and is ignoring the three seasons of character growth after he left the show.

Like you'd expect any good show runner to do [/sarcasm]

That would have been an awesome story to explore back in S5 early in their relationship - hindsight, it can be your best friend or your worst enemy!!

Edited by BellyLaughter

That is such a weak excuse to split them up in my opinion. You're probably right, but I hate it.

It seems like Hawley is writing a storyline that would have worked back in season 5, right after Beckett made the choice of Castle/life over justice/revenge, and is ignoring the three seasons of character growth after he left the show.

This is what fundamentally undermines his story, the characters have (with the odd hiccup here and there) clearly moved on but the showrunner hasn't and I don't see it working unless there are a significant majority of fans who like to see their characters regressing and take a trip down memory lane. 

That is such a weak excuse to split them up in my opinion. You're probably right, but I hate it.

The excuse KaveDweller suggested sounds perfectly reasonable in terms of how they work around the issue of them needing to be around each other daily in relative harmony but *not* strictly together, it's irritating and dumb but it's also an easy thing to quickly resolve if the ratings take a serious hit. Kate can magically see sense and let him in to help her with the investigation or there's a huge break in the case that changes the goalposts. I can see this causing heated arguments with fans taking sides yet again. Great that's just what we need another fandom meltdown.  

• Love 1

I can see this causing heated arguments with fans taking sides yet again. Great that's just what we need another fandom meltdown.  

It already has, you should check the comments on the youtube pages with the sneak peeks. I know I have a side personally...but I don't like having the conversation about it at all, it's just depressing.

• Love 1

This is what fundamentally undermines his story, the characters have (with the odd hiccup here and there) clearly moved on but the showrunner hasn't and I don't see it working unless there are a significant majority of fans who like to see their characters regressing and take a trip down memory lane. 

The excuse KaveDweller suggested sounds perfectly reasonable in terms of how they work around the issue of them needing to be around each other daily in relative harmony but *not* strictly together, it's irritating and dumb but it's also an easy thing to quickly resolve if the ratings take a serious hit. Kate can magically see sense and let him in to help her with the investigation or there's a huge break in the case that changes the goalposts. I can see this causing heated arguments with fans taking sides yet again. Great that's just what we need another fandom meltdown. 

There doesn't seem to be any plausible excuse for them living apart(if that actually happens) except show runner arrogance or some kind of mandate from above to avoid showing them with a home life as long as possible.

Edited by VinceW

I'm not thrilled about it especially as this type of storyline makes the audience chose sides and for me that's never fun! I don't wanna chose sides -- I like both these characters as individuals and as a couple!

The writers couldn't give a shit about how upset the fans will be if you believe Ausiello plus it highlights their limitations that they can't write decent relationship drama unless it's divisive. Marlowe was the same, the angst he thought up moved the relationship forward but at what cost to the characters? For me it was quite substantial at times making one or both of them unlikeable as people. I want to enjoy my TV viewing not have to endure seeing their sad faces for goodness knows how many weeks as they briefly remember they're at odds before resuming their investigations of fun, quirky cases. 

There doesn't seem to be any plausible excuse for them living apart(if that actually happens) except show runner arrogance or some kind of mandate from above to avoid showing them with a home life as long as possible.

That's the only bit I'm curious about now since all the other pieces seem to be falling into place, is do they live apart or are they still operating under the same roof. 

Edited by verdana

but she should have contacted someone at the precinct.

Even a captain has a superior officer. Protocol would insist that she call in to that superior, especially on her first day.

I mean, wouldn't there be cake?

Fortunately, I turn my brain off during the show and just go with it. Then brood later....

I think someone here told you this already :p

If Beckett's only secret stems from the confidentiality of the AG's case then Castle is in the wrong here. He has always arrogantly behaved as if he believes that the rules don't apply to him, without that attitude in the beginning of course we wouldn't have had a show because of the times he ignored Beckett's requests to stay in the car etc. But he did seem to show some maturity during the DC arc when he admiited that things couldn't be the same while she was doing that job. He seems to have forgotten that here, possibly because he has let Bracken get under his skin, and his judgement is clouded because he is now seeing this simply as Beckett behaving as she always did before he broke down her walls. Beckett did show that she has has put some of her old ways behind her in Driven, she has always been all about the evidence, and the evidence was stacking up against Castle being a willing victim in his own disappearance, and yet apart from a brief encounter at the camp site she chose to believe in Castle, and she was getting siren voices from Espo and Lanie in the way Castle was from Bracken, and she didn't have the support of an Alexis trying to talk some sense into her, she had to be strong on her own, and again in Veritas, although her first thought is to tackle Bracken alone and keep Castle out of danger she quickly gives in to his argument that they should be in it together. So for Castle to dismiss the time he was missing as being different must wrankle with Beckett, during S7 there were several times he apologised for what she must have been going through, but now he feels that doesn't measure up to how he feels over her latest digression. The fact that they are married does not give him the right to know about an ongoing classified investigation and the fact that she left the AG does not alter the fact that she is till bound by the restrictions of that job, when I retired I signed a piece a paper that never expires, and Castle's excuse for not telling Beckett about Sophia Turner was because she was an active CIA agent, so he does understand the need for confidentiality when it suits him, They really seem to be ignoring the character growth we have seen in the S6 and S7 in  particular to manufacture this situation,

• Love 4

Even a captain has a superior officer. Protocol would insist that she call in to that superior, especially on her first day.

Fortunately, I turn my brain off during the show and just go with it. Then brood later....

Code 7 – life (lives) in danger. Whose life was in danger – Vickram or Beckett? If her life was in danger, regardless of her past AG ties, Beckett should have called on all resources available. There would be no reason to lie to Castle. No communication to her superior or team members  indirectly caused the precinct shootout later because it was obvious during interrogations with the woman assassin that Espo and Ryan had no idea how dangerous the situation. Also, I question why the AG did not call upon another team to protect Beckett. Ryan told us in 8x1 that the AG had assigned someone to investigate the DC deaths which means that 1PP must have known about the danger to Beckett, but her team was left in dark regardless whether national security issue or just need to know.  

Edited by VinceW

The thing is the "Castle has no training" excuse is wearing thin. He has at least six years of on the job training with the extraordinary KB (the best damn detective in NYC, maybe in the world). That has to count for something. I mean it's not like Beckett is a Navy SEAL. She's a cop. Castle probably has as much experience dealing with mercenaries & huge conspiracies as Beckett does.

• Love 1

Now we know that the AG is involved it would seem that his office give an explanation to 1PP justifying Beckett's behaviour because she seems to be able to quickly resume her Captaincy without any issues. And with Castle's step mom turning up it could be that the national security card is played, further exonerating Beckett from any wrong doing, but it seems that Castle is the one who won't accept that as an excuse.

• Love 1

Code 7 – life (lives) in danger. Whose life was in danger – Vickram or Beckett? If her life was in danger, regardless of her past AG ties, Beckett should have called on all resources available.There would be no reason to lie to Castle. No communication to her superior or team members  indirectly caused the shootout later because it was obvious during interrogations with the woman assassin that Espo and Ryan had no idea how dangerous the situation. Also, I question why the AG did not call upon another team to protect Beckett. Ryan told us in 8x1 that the AG had assigned someone to investigate the DC deaths so, is Vickram not part of the McCord team.

But remember in Always she chooses to go after Maddox with just Espo as back up because she doesn't know who she can trust, perhaps she is faced with the same dilemma here after Vikram fills her in on what's been happening, or perhaps he tells her that there are other AG agents on the case but they are ambushed at the theatre and have to go on the run before they can link up them with the mercs hot on their heels.

Edited by westwingfan

Remember last year in "Castle, P.I." when Beckett told Castle no more secrets. I think they should make it an annual event. They could pick a date when they reveal all the secrets & lies they currently have & then at the end they could solemnly swear "No more secrets babe".

• Love 2

This all sounds convoluted. What, isn't NYC glamorous enough to solve crimes in anymore? CSI: NY and the L&O franchise got by on it!

Yeah, whatever happened to a writer and his muse solving bread and butter murders together, sigh, and L&O SVU got a 1.9/8.8M in its 10pm slot the other night for the second part of its S17 premier and its showrunners haven't felt the need to shake up its core premise. I've actually been looking forward to this two-part opener but I don't think all the pre season emphasis on the family business and Castle's new partner helped generate the right interest.

• Love 1

If Beckett's only secret stems from the confidentiality of the AG's case then Castle is in the wrong here. He has always arrogantly behaved as if he believes that the rules don't apply to him, without that attitude in the beginning of course we wouldn't have had a show because of the times he ignored Beckett's requests to stay in the car etc. But he did seem to show some maturity during the DC arc when he admiited that things couldn't be the same while she was doing that job. He seems to have forgotten that here, possibly because he has let Bracken get under his skin, and his judgement is clouded because he is now seeing this simply as Beckett behaving as she always did before he broke down her walls. Beckett did show that she has has put some of her old ways behind her in Driven, she has always been all about the evidence, and the evidence was stacking up against Castle being a willing victim in his own disappearance, and yet apart from a brief encounter at the camp site she chose to believe in Castle, and she was getting siren voices from Espo and Lanie in the way Castle was from Bracken, and she didn't have the support of an Alexis trying to talk some sense into her, she had to be strong on her own, and again in Veritas, although her first thought is to tackle Bracken alone and keep Castle out of danger she quickly gives in to his argument that they should be in it together. So for Castle to dismiss the time he was missing as being different must wrankle with Beckett, during S7 there were several times he apologised for what she must have been going through, but now he feels that doesn't measure up to how he feels over her latest digression. The fact that they are married does not give him the right to know about an ongoing classified investigation and the fact that she left the AG does not alter the fact that she is till bound by the restrictions of that job, when I retired I signed a piece a paper that never expires, and Castle's excuse for not telling Beckett about Sophia Turner was because she was an active CIA agent, so he does understand the need for confidentiality when it suits him, They really seem to be ignoring the character growth we have seen in the S6 and S7 in  particular to manufacture this situation,

That's hardly a balanced argument because you're ignoring all the times she has lied and gone behind his back. DC anyone?

I just don't see how somebody could sit there and logically not see why Castle wouldn't be angry here, how he doesn't have the right to be? - I struggle to see how she isn't in the wrong here? Castle has a right to be concerned, he has seen the history of her single-mindedness in terms of her mother's case. We know that they break up over this, she is choosing to do it alone, she is picking the case over him. The job over him. We've seen all this before, we have gone down this path before. How is Castle in the wrong? Why cannot he expect that them being married changes things?

Her attitude to Castle in the sneak peek is extremely immature in my opinion, she doesn't apologize at all, she just brings up what he did (completely difference circumstances and intentions) and uses that as an excuse for her keeping secrets. That's not mature. That's not being sincere, it's being petty.

We don't know the whole story, but the sneak peek doesn't make Kate look good at all.

Remember last year in "Castle, P.I." when Beckett told Castle no more secrets. I think they should make it an annual event. They could pick a date when they reveal all the secrets & lies they currently have & then at the end they could solemnly swear "No more secrets babe".

I think it's something set in the Castle writers mindset, wash, rinse, repeat. They seem stuck in their own groundhog day, I've been half expecting Becket's "It's my life" speech at some point LOL

Edited by westwingfan

That's hardly a balanced argument because you're ignoring all the times she has lied and gone behind his back. DC anyone?

I just don't see how somebody could sit there and logically not see why Castle wouldn't be angry here, how he doesn't have the right to be? - I struggle to see how she isn't in the wrong here? Castle has a right to be concerned, he has seen the history of her single-mindedness in terms of her mother's case. We know that they break up over this, she is choosing to do it alone, she is picking the case over him. The job over him. We've seen all this before, we have gone down this path before. How is Castle in the wrong? Why cannot he expect that them being married changes things?

Her attitude to Castle in the sneak peek is extremely immature in my opinion, she doesn't apologize at all, she just brings up what he did (completely difference circumstances and intentions) and uses that as an excuse for her keeping secrets. That's not mature. That's not being sincere, it's being petty.

We don't know the whole story, but the sneak peek doesn't make Kate look good at all.

I did start my piece by saying "IF" her secret is just the confidential AG's case.

Her behaviour in Watershed was wrong and I argued on another board that for me the proposal was forever tarnished because Marlowe made it seem that she was prepared to take the job irrespective of whether Castle was willing to stick with her, I thought his reaction should have been to let her go to DC without proposing until she had come to her senses, but once in DC Castle recognised that the nature of her new job meant that she couldn't share things with him like she used to, but now he's conveniently forgotten that.

I repeat, "IF" this is just about the AG's case, then she is not in the wrong because you are never free from upholding that confidentiality, and in the real world marriage doesn't change that responsibility. The bottom line is when you have worked in the classified world you are not supposed to share with ANYONE on the outside. I can understand why Castle would be angry because I think he has deep rooted trust issues, the situation with his father for all those years and Meredith's betrayal, and I think Bracken has got to him so that they are dominating his reaction here as he sees this as her behaving to type and probably why she gets angry when he is dismissive of her feelings during his own disappearance.

I agree it is a shame the writers couldn't let her throw in more of an apology but I see he his reaction as equally immature which makes this seem just a contrivance to drive the story the writers have chosen to tell.

Edited by westwingfan
  • Love 2

Thinking about all this gives me a sick headache, urggh.

I've ben half expecting Becket's "It's my life" speech at some point LOL

Yeah that's a classic I hope it's been retired though. 

Yeah, whatever happened to a writer and his muse solving bread and butter murders together, sigh, and L&O SVU got a 1.9/8.8M in its 10pm slot the other night for the second part of its S17 premier and its showrunners haven't felt the need to shake up its core premise. I've actually been looking forward to this two-part opener but I don't think all the pre season emphasis on the family business and Castle's new partner helped generate the right interest.

That writer and muse stuff is over. 

The focus on Castle's new partner and the family business promotion wise was a mistake since all the vast majority of fans want to hear about is Caskett but that's the path they've chosen to reboot the show so they weren't hiding anything in fact they couldn't have been more obvious about it. After this two parter is out the way, that's exactly what they're going back to showing you so if fans are expecting something else in 8.03 they're in for a shock. Castle and Alexis PI will return with Beckett poking her nose in now and again to help out on the case whilst kick ass Hayley and the boys "float" between them. If fans don't like that premise they're in for a long season. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

The focus on Castle's new partner and the family business promotion wise was a mistake since all the vast majority of fans want to hear about is Caskett but that's the path they've chosen to reboot the show so they weren't hiding anything in fact they couldn't have been more obvious about it. After this two parter is out the way, that's exactly what they're going back to showing you so if fans are expecting something else in 8.03 they're in for a shock. Castle and Alexis PI will return with Beckett poking her nose in now and again to help out on the case whilst kick ass Hayley and the boys "float" between them. If fans don't like that premise they're in for a long season. 

That is what makes this whole thing frustrating. If you make Beckett captain, then that alone reduces the on-screen time between Beckett and Castle. It is natural that when Castle and Beckett do appear on screen, fans will want their money worth (so to speak). To then go ahead and go "LOL GUESS WHAT? WE'RE BREAKING THEM UP TOO", just seems moronic.

It is what it is I guess, but this whole premise seems set up to fail.

• Love 3