Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

If that Blind Item is Castle then what was the point of the past 7 seasons. If it is Castle then it sounds like the new showrunners are going for an almost complete reboot. Doesn't sound like a show I'll be wanting to watch. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Whoa good or whoa bad?

Thirded, good or bad?

*sigh* (but it could still be OUAT or other show):

@MichaelAusiello: Blind Item: Will This Be the Fall's Most Divisive Television Event? http://t.co/f0BObQXMpDhttp://t.co/wZqMlj53SC

Michael Ausiello blind items are crap, the info he gave is so generic it is unbelievable. I will say if it is Castle, "polarizing" means that there will be two groups for and against, a Caskett split would mean 99% against. However, showrunners think they are immune and their amazing ideas will be the challenge to story needs - little do they realise what viewers are usually set in their ways with old shows like Castle. Hell, just look at the start of S6 & S7 comments from the older, more reliable viewers on Facebook - they really didn’t like it; Caskett separated and focussing on stories that aren't “normal” Castle.

Edited by Brit Babe
  • Love 1

You're right, if it is Castle, they'll lose their entire fan base (no polarizing about it). Fingers crossed it isn't.

Hal, I imagine you've seen the first script or two and know if this could be Castle? Waiting patiently for whatever info you can give.

I really don't see how some could believe Castle having its core rocked, as in Caskett breaking up, to be good for the show!!  Castle has always been about the Caskett love story.  The show is strong when the love story is strong.  And they just got married.  Short of infidelity, which is really impossible to fathom, I don't see how they would realistically break up after all they've been through to get together, including the dumb car crash and disappearance we viewers had to endure.

I am NOT looking forward to the fandom drama even from this stupid blind item.

• Love 1

I really don't see how some could believe Castle having its core rocked, as in Caskett breaking up, to be good for the show!!  Castle has always been about the Caskett love story.  The show is strong when the love story is strong.  And they just got married.  Short of infidelity, which is really impossible to fathom, I don't see how they would realistically break up after all they've been through to get together, including the dumb car crash and disappearance we viewers had to endure.

I am NOT looking forward to the fandom drama even from this stupid blind item.

They would have to be crazy to break them up, it ruins the past 7 seasons. And unless there is a major time jump, I can't even think how they would explain them splitting up. They are have been really solid as a couple since the wedding.

That being said, the blind item really sounds a lot like Castle.

• Love 1

They would have to be crazy to break them up, it ruins the past 7 seasons. And unless there is a major time jump, I can't even think how they would explain them splitting up. They are have been really solid as a couple since the wedding.

That being said, the blind item really sounds a lot like Castle.

Exactly. It just seems like it would be a really cheap thing to do.

• Love 1

Even if they did split up, I find it really hard to believe it would be permanent. If you wanted to be TV cliche about it, they could be back together by November or February sweeps, haha. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I really wish Ausiello would take a holiday, I want to enjoy my summer hiatus free from the usual Castle angst.

Hmmm it does sound like Castle but it could be Bones too, his "hints" hardly narrow things down.

Frankly if they do go there they're crazy as fuck and and they might as well have not bothered getting the two leads to sign up because it won't be polarising at all it will be universally derided and a disaster.

Here's hoping the new showrunners aren't that stupid because it's a giant waste of everyone's time if they go there but hell stranger things have happened. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 3

I really wish TV Ausiello would take a holiday, I want to enjoy my summer hiatus free from the usual Castle angst.

Hmmm it does sound like Castle but it could be Bones too, his "hints" hardly narrow things down.

Frankly if they do go there they're crazy as fuck and and they might as well have not bothered getting the two leads to sign up because it won't be polarising at all it will be universally derided and a disaster.

Here's hoping the new showrunners aren't that stupid because it's a giant waste of everyone's time if they go there but hell stranger things have happened. 

Yep. And it seems to be a disease among shows this year >_>.

Could it be the blind item is about Castle but their marriage isn't breaking up, just their work partnership?

That would be pretty cold of TVLine to hype a story about a love story ending if it isn't really the case. It shows they care more about clicks than actual reporting. People remember shit like that.

• Love 1

The fact is this: We have no idea what show this refers to, even with the hints. Although, as a poster here, not a mod, if it were Bones, I'd think the S10 gambling arc with Booth would have done that trick of a split, but they are solid again, so I am ruling them out.

As for this show? It could be as simple as the work partnership ending, especially if Beckett is captain. As I once said, TV or not, captains rarely, if ever, go into the field. And that would still alter the show's DNA and maybe would explain why Castle is spending so much time with a female newbie. Meaning this doesn't have to be the potential tragedy TV Line is outlining for clicks and giggles.

In so many words, I guess I'm saying don't panic unless/until there is a valid reason to. And, really? If it is the worst-case scenario (which I doubt), you all have the ultimate power - to stop watching. So it's a win-win, anyway, from where I sit.

• Love 1

The whoa is good or bad depending on how much you just want to see a good story vs. how much you just want to see your favorite couple. 

Ideally I'd like to see a good story that involves my favourite couple if the new writers can stretch to that. 

• Love 3

Is it possible that with an "aging" show new showrunners are more interested in trying to lure in a new audience than in maintaining the existing audience? A new audience would presumably not care about coupledom.

(edited)

I see Bones being ruled out by quite a few for the same reasons Wendy gave, I don't think it's OUAT either as none of the pairings are integral to the show unlike Castle. Don't have a clue about Supernatural or Scandal which are other top suggestions. 

In so many words, I guess I'm saying don't panic unless/until there is a valid reason to. And, really? If it is the worst-case scenario (which I doubt), you all have the ultimate power - to stop watching. So it's a win-win, anyway, from where I sit.

I did it on Bones, that show survived and I found another one to get into. *shrug* These things happen. I wasn't prepared to embrace the showrunners creative decision making at that point and as I wasn't expecting them to change solely for my benefit so I stopped watching. That said, I sincerely wish this is TV Line shit stirring and the new writers decision making (whatever path that takes) will enable me to continue calling myself a Castle fan. I like having something nice to kick start the work week.

Edited by verdana

The more I think about it the more I think it will be Castle and Beckett's working relationship will be the breakup. Castle works with this other woman while still being married to Captain Beckett. They can do the odd theorising scene in the precinct and have the odd domestic scene at home. It reduces C&B joint screen time but keeps them "together" as a married couple. I don't mind that so much as C&B's relationship breaking up. That made no sense to me especially with how things ended in S7. Unless they did a massive time jump I can't see how their relationship could breakdown so quickly. I'm guessing there will be some sort of time jump in S8 but not enough to explain C&B splitting up as a couple. TVLINE basically got what they wanted with their Blind Item, plenty of clicks!!! Lesson learned, don't jump to conclusions before thinking things through ha ha.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is it possible that with an "aging" show new showrunners are more interested in trying to lure in a new audience than in maintaining the existing audience? A new audience would presumably not care about coupledom.

I suspect anything's possible with a network focused on where they can squeeze the last bit of cash out of an ageing show. If you believe Paul Lee he's eager for Castle to continue for many more years to come but I doubt he cares if Castle and Beckett are still a couple as long as the show is making them money whatever his PR spin. If I was the TPTB I'd be looking at all the angles to see what might work and sustain the show's life for as long as possible, they're not shippers they're business people. 

I've become terribly cynical about those in charge and reached the conclusion they don't care what fans think despite what they might say in public, they ultimately do whatever they want. I can only hope that the choices they make match what I want too. 

This blind item is meant to be happening in "early fall" I understand so there's a good while to go yet before I need to get seriously worried, I plan to go back to watching the tennis this week and enjoying a rare mini heatwave.

Ausiello must be chuckling and rubbing his hands in glee he's got the attention he wanted. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

If that ends up being the case I wonder if we'll get to see Beckett doing Captain-y things when Castle's not present or if Stana's screen time will be vastly reduced.  I am sure she negotiated for fewer working hours, but I hope we get to see her more than we saw Gates.

I don't think networks expect any show to gain viewers in it's 8th season.  Maybe they try and get back people that stopped watching, but I can't imagine they seriously expect new viewers.  I can't imagine ever starting to watch a show in it's 8th season.

Edited by KaveDweller
(edited)

GMMR TV Awards: The Winners Revealed!

Hey go Martha! She won for Character Most In Need of A Storyline.

God those trousers.

Worst season finale cliffhanger was Castle which genuinely baffles me because I thought it was fine, it wasn't stunning or anything but perfectly acceptable to tide fans over the hiatus and waaay better than seeing Castle's car burning in a ditch and a distraught Beckett. 

Favourite couple together (but for how long...ho ho)  was won by Castle and Beckett.

Edited by verdana

The way this is worded makes me feel like it's not Castle. Ausiello usually gives hints as to what he's talking about in the way he phrases things, and to me it sounds like "shaken, stirred" is the key with that non-spoiler. My first thought was Mad Men, but that show is over, so are there any other 50s/60s era shows? Or spy shows ("shaken, not stirred" like Bond)? 

Stana Katic was in a Bond movie (Quantum of Solace), so "shaken, stirred" could easily be a clue pointing to Castle.

(edited)

Worst season finale cliffhanger was Castle which genuinely baffles me because I thought it was fine, it wasn't stunning or anything but perfectly acceptable to tide fans over the hiatus and waaay better than seeing Castle's car burning in a ditch and a distraught Beckett. 

Maybe because it wasn't really a cliffhanger? It was a nice episode, but it didn't leave you begging for the next episode immediately, which some people may like.

I notice that has Forever listed as both best and worst series finale.  Which is either a mistake or proof of how silly internet polls are.

Edited by KaveDweller

I guess, but Stana's part in a Bond movie was about 45 seconds long and 10 years ago (yeah, I half watched just for her) and TVLine is usually more obvious than that. I'd be surprised if that was their hint for that, unless she was going to be the Bond girl in the new one (that's still a ways off, yes?). But yes, I guess technically it could apply to Castle.

I do think it is Castle, but I think it is as I said in the Media thread, professional breakup. (But TVLine wouldn't say that so as to reduce clicks.) There are no aging spy shows on the Big 5 (as The Big 5 and aging show were two hints) and I doubt a couple ending would shake up the DNA of such a show whereas the investigating together was this show's bread and butter.

(edited)

But ... but ... but ... Castle didn't have a cliffhanger? Nothing needs to be resolved, especially not like last year. That's a dumb poll.

I don't by Ausiello's blind item as being Castle, simply because it doesn't follow the last season. I thought the writers did a pretty good job last season turning Castle and Beckett into a solid, stable, (married) couple, and they even left the finale in a great place (with Beckett all "I'm going to get dressed so I get to go be publicly proud of who you are" and Castle's "my life changed for the better when Beckett walked in"). I don't see a way to get them to break up and make me believe it. That's not to say that they couldn't just do it anyway, but I also don't think that TPW would really sign off of that. His episodes have always had more of the romantic undertones/couple-y moments than other writers. Added to the idea that Marlowe was always adamant about not breaking them up once they were together (I know he's not "in charge" anymore) and I don't think Hawley or TPW have and real reason to change that, unless they're absolutely tapped for story ideas.

That said, if this is Castle I'm going to be hella pissed. There's no divided about it.

TVLine is out for clicks and they know if they word it in a way to get the vocal internet fandoms riled up they're going to get clicks. I'll wait until more intel comes through from these recently submitted scripts.

Also ... Ausiello mentions that the split is slated to air early fall and follows on the "shaken, not stirred" tease from early last week ... but if they just turned in scripts for 8x01 and 8x02 ... would the timeline match? I mean, unless they've had an idea to "split" them up for awhile, but I don't know how Ausiello would have gotten that information a week and a half ago.

Is Castle aging? In TV Land, going into its 8th seasons is positively old. Part of me also thinks that Ausiello mentioned the "big 5" because he had to include the CW (because that's where the show airs). Usually he doesn't bother with that network. Maybe Supernatural? That's also not aging (it's old), but splitting up Dean and Sam would be pretty fandom shattering/dividing, especially because they're brothers (hence the DNA tie in).

Am I reaching? Maybe. But I still think Ausiello's generic enough that there are a couple of options that aren't Castle.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 1

Worst season finale cliffhanger was Castle which genuinely baffles me

The season six finale was so bad, so ludicrously, idiotically, dumbass, nitwitted , and annoying* that its sheer awfulness sloshed over to the quite acceptable finale for season seven.

*I'll find some more synonyms. Just let me consult my Shakespearean Insulter.

http://playingwithplays.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/shakespeare-insult-generator-3-27-15.pdf

Ah, here we go:

Hasty-witted, beetle-headed, reeking, sheep-biting, fustarian and gorbellied .

And I speak as someone who was willing to suspend disbelief on the 'forgotten marriage' part of the story which I found genuinely amusing.

(edited)
The more I think about it the more I think it will be Castle and Beckett's working relationship will be the breakup.Castle works with this other woman while still being married to Captain Beckett. They can do the odd theorising scene in the precinct and have the odd domestic scene at home. It reduces C&B joint screen time but keeps them "together" as a married couple.

This is what I assume will happen if this blind turns out to be on the money because a romantic bust up would be bizarro at this stage, there's no way the writers can sell me that as being remotely organic so professional split it has to be. 

*I'll find some more synonyms. Just let me consult my Shakespearean Insulter.

http://playingwithpl...tor-3-27-15.pdf

Ah, here we go:

Duly bookmarked. Great. Depending on how things go I may need that list for future reference. That certainly puts my descriptions of 6.23 such as "shitfest" and "crapfest" into the shade. 

Edited by verdana

I agree that if that blind item is for Castle that it has to be a professional break up. But I don't like that, because the writers have done that before. Twice. Are they that out of ideas that they're heading down that road again? That's not a shake up. It's repetitive.

It'll just be better if its not Castle at all.

Yeah it's been done before so it's hardly shocking or innovative although may be BTS issues could be forcing their hand a bit but either way it's not good news. I guess the difference is this time it could be permanent if you believe Ausiello when in the past fans always knew the story wasn't going to last that long and everything would go back to normal as if it had almost never happened. 

It'll just be better if its not Castle at all.

That's what just about everyone seems to be saying when reading that blind, please God don't let it be my show!  

(edited)

I too agree with the theory that any break-up will likely be work-related.  Thought about giving the TV Line article another look to parse their words and see if the romantic nature of the breakup was implied anywhere, but nah, don't want to gift the benefit of another click. ;)  No doubt they've framed things in the most dramatic way possible anyway.

I am always going to be a supporter of the more Caskett together, Nathan & Stana being on screen together, the better.  That said, the writers have been doing less that is interesting between Caskett when they are investigating the COTW in the past few seasons.  The very large part of those scenes consist of dry exposition (writers really got to do something about that no matter who is doing the investigating!), and there's been much less fun bouncing back and forth that was such a hallmark of their early season banter.  Perhaps it's because Caskett are now completely in sync and there's no longer the opposing POV so much other than an occasional eye roll, or more likely these days, an adoring if slightly exasperated love eyeball from Beckett to Castle.  The back and forth came back more strongly during the PI arc and that was one reason why I enjoyed it.  Caskett banter was more fun then when they were kind of in competition with each other.  

So, what I'm saying is that if Castle & Beckett have a break up at work similar to what happened during the PI arc, as long as that means they can inject sparks and screentime into their non work, or out of the office interaction, it could be good to watch.  Still have plenty of theorizing and foreplay at home.  Banter about Captain's paperwork and promotional perks.  I would like to see Castle support Beckett as she navigates presumably her new position at work, and vice versa if Castle's to work with someone else at the precinct, basically be each other's rock and sounding board and see the marriage partnership continue to strengthen.  The 3 guys together in the field occasionally could be fun if they could showcase some kind of new, fun dynamic between them, where they learn more about each other's strengths and weaknesses, and not just have Espo being dismissive of Castle and throwing in cheap jokes at his expense.  Even if Beckett becomes Capt., I'm sure they'll still have her out in the field often because they'll want to keep 'badass' Beckett present.  

Ideally I'd like to see a good story that involves my favourite couple if the new writers can stretch to that. 

It really shouldn't be a stretch, right? ;)

Hey go Martha! She won for Character Most In Need of A Storyline.

Tough category even just amongst Castle characters. ;)

God those trousers.

They deserve an award of their own.  Mrs. Tightpants?  Heh.  Castle obviously didn't get his fashion sense (or lack thereof) from mother.

proof of how silly internet polls are.

Lord knows I don't need any proof to know how silly internet polls are, but fandoms seem determined to commit to them.  Is there a super special secret award for most number of pointless clicks that I don't know about? ;)  Psychologically speaking, since fans can't control what happens on their favourite show to their favourite actor/character in it, do internet polls give them some illusion of control that they matter? 

Heh, handy for short, sharp twitter feedback that would tickle the writers' fancies, even if they'd rather not be on the receiving end.  Handy list to save for usage even in non Castle context hee.  Oh wait, can I use them to describe the terribly predictable evil villain conspiracy theories that always come alive when there's fandom drama? ;)

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 2
(edited)

I have a gut feeling it is Castle and whether it be a proper break-up, which would kill the show stone dead or a professional break-up, which would slowly kill the show over what would likely be it's final season, it's not good either way. While I liked the Castle PI storyline, we all knew it would be short lived and would soon enough get resolved. I just have a feeling this will not be short lived unless things tank very quickly.

At this point I am waiting for this to be proven correct, and I am having serious deja vu from 10 years when a certain blind item came about Alias and basically it’s final season.

This should be what they are aiming for but they have seriously lacked in that department since the last two thirds of Season 5.

Edited by Brit Babe

I would just hope that actors as well liked and respected in the industry as Nathan and Stana would have the professionalism to do what's best for the show and get over whatever pettiness there may be bts.

Though, from tweets like this, it seems Nathan is admittedly not concerned with quality when it's a minor discomfort.

@FredBC77: #NathanFillion, Panel at Perth, #Supanova. #Castle http://t.co/dVtxX1Qc8i

Not all that minor. I cosplay Blue Hands at SF cons from time to time (cheapest cosplay ever!) and can't take more than 15 minutes without removing them. My sister the nurse laughs.

I can see how to break up the precinct partnership without necessarily breaking up the Caskett.

Rick is a mystery writer. He does a lot of research.

So he might run into real crimes in the course of that research (shades of Murder She Wrote). And call on Beckett for advice and the precinct team for (off-duty) help.  The PI license could come back into play. And Rick could be shown as intelligent and intuitive instead of as Dogberry with a better vocabulary.

Because nobody is approaching him with a case, there could be more flexibility. Not just murders. Even spy stuff.

At this point I am waiting for this to be proven correct, and I am having serious deja vu from 10 years when a certain blind item came about Alias and basically it’s final season.

Oh, do you mind if you share?  I was an Alias fan back in the day but didn't follow bts stuff closely.  I was never into Syd/Vaughn (I was all about Jack/Irina but that ship kind of went to hell in the end), but I think Jennifer Garner & Michael Vartan dating and then breaking up affected the onscreen chemistry, even if I never found the pairing that interesting to begin with.  Don't even remember if that relationship and break up was known during the show or just gossip and rumor.

On Alias, Sydney and Vaughn broke up while the actors were dating, then the characters got back together when the actors broke up.

But I'm guessing the item being referred to is Michael Vartan leaving the show when Jennifer Garnet got pregnant and he was going to have to act like it was his character's. There was a story about an actor leaving a show and all summer TPTB insisted it wasn't Alias. Then of course his character died in the season opener (and ratings totally plummeted). He came back to life later, but some people thought that wasn't planned and they only did that because fans were so upset and they found out the show was ending and wanted to end the series on a happy note.

That summer totally sucked. Alias had worse fandom drama than Castle.

• Love 1

OT: Reading up on Alias again and gosh, only just saw that Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck are getting divorced!  Didn't see that one coming!  But who can tell with Hollywood marriages.  I was surprised when they got married.  (I was surprised that Affleck was a decent director.)  But divorce after a decade and kids, it's a shame.

Thanks for the refresher, KaveDweller.  I'd kind of gotten amnesia about Alias' latter seasons.  Like Castle, I thought that show's golden age was S1-2, and it never quite regained that quality after that.  J.J. may be great at creating shows, but he's sure less good and committed at closing them out well.  Maybe he's more suited to movie making. ;)  So many showrunners get creative fatigue about their own TV shows in time, it's not a given that they'll do right by them.  Marlowe too definitely got creative fatigue on Castle and it's a reason why we got increasingly strange and forced character turns.

I'd just remembered about Alias' own car crash cliffhanger and what Vaughn told Sydney *insert eye roll*.  Imagine if they'd pulled that stunt on Castle on top of the car crash! ;)  

Did MV leave the show because he couldn't get on board with that storyline or because he didn't want to continue working with JG?  But he came back later on...

• Love 1

OT: Reading up on Alias again and gosh, only just saw that Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck are getting divorced!  Didn't see that one coming!  But who can tell with Hollywood marriages.  I was surprised when they got married.  (I was surprised that Affleck was a decent director.)  But divorce after a decade and kids, it's a shame.

Thanks for the refresher, KaveDweller.  I'd kind of gotten amnesia about Alias' latter seasons.  Like Castle, I thought that show's golden age was S1-2, and it never quite regained that quality after that.  J.J. may be great at creating shows, but he's sure less good and committed at closing them out well.  Maybe he's more suited to movie making. ;)  So many showrunners get creative fatigue about their own TV shows in time, it's not a given that they'll do right by them.  Marlowe too definitely got creative fatigue on Castle and it's a reason why we got increasingly strange and forced character turns.

I'd just remembered about Alias' own car crash cliffhanger and what Vaughn told Sydney *insert eye roll*.  Imagine if they'd pulled that stunt on Castle on top of the car crash! ;)  

Did MV leave the show because he couldn't get on board with that storyline or because he didn't want to continue working with JG?  But he came back later on...

I think the quality drop Alias had after season 2 was a lot bigger than on Castle.  On Castle the show has slowly lost steam, but it doesn't seem like it fully lost what made it special. 

If they had Castle actually be a former CIA agent and that be the reason for his disappearance like some people speculated, I think it would have been the equivalent of the Alias "I'm not really Michael Vaughn" thing. I was really glad they didn't do that, it would have cheapened the whole Casklett relationship to have had him be lying to her for six seasons.  Not to mention been a huge retcon that made no sense.

Regarding MV, I don't know if anyone really knows the reasoning, but speculation online was that he was still in love with JG and couldn't stand seeing her pregnant belly everyday and being reminded that she left him. 

Oh, do you mind if you share?  I was an Alias fan back in the day but didn't follow bts stuff closely.  I was never into Syd/Vaughn (I was all about Jack/Irina but that ship kind of went to hell in the end), but I think Jennifer Garner & Michael Vartan dating and then breaking up affected the onscreen chemistry, even if I never found the pairing that interesting to begin with.  Don't even remember if that relationship and break up was known during the show or just gossip and rumor.

KaveDweller is mostly right. Just before filming started Watch with Kristen posted a blind item with a large neon sign saying that MV was leaving the show and was being killed off. It was confirmed a few days later in a spoiler article she did. Ratings took a nose dive and MV came back for one episode filmed well in advance (he went off to film a movie) and then came back for about 3 episodes (?). It was a shortened season anyway due to JG’s pregnancy. I don’t believe it was planned as he wasn't asked back until Oct/Nov when he had already booked another gig/s.

Did MV leave the show because he couldn't get on board with that storyline or because he didn't want to continue working with JG? But he came back later on...

He was released from his contract by TPTB, they all knew it was the last season and likely the first he heard about was when he got the script. He got totally shafted.

That summer totally sucked. Alias had worse fandom drama than Castle.

Castle fandom drama is but a blip on the radar to Alias fandom's nuclear explosion.

The reason why it reminds me so much, is what is likely to be drastic changes where ratings could take a hit and which ensures it would be a final season. At least they haven't changed timeslots!

I know people think I probably looking at worse case scenarios but it's experiences like that over the years with other shows which lead me to these conclusions.

(edited)
OT: Reading up on Alias again and gosh, only just saw that Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck are getting divorced!

Wow I really am not keeping up to speed on things, they had a good run though (in Hollywood terms).

On Alias, Sydney and Vaughn broke up while the actors were dating, then the characters got back together when the actors broke up.

Ouch that must have been awkward.

So, what I'm saying is that if Castle & Beckett have a break up at work similar to what happened during the PI arc, as long as that means they can inject sparks and screentime into their non work, or out of the office interaction, it could be good to watch.  Still have plenty of theorizing and foreplay at home.  Banter about Captain's paperwork and promotional perks.  I would like to see Castle support Beckett as she navigates presumably her new position at work, and vice versa if Castle's to work with someone else at the precinct, basically be each other's rock and sounding board and see the marriage partnership continue to strengthen.  The 3 guys together in the field occasionally could be fun if they could showcase some kind of new, fun dynamic between them, where they learn more about each other's strengths and weaknesses, and not just have Espo being dismissive of Castle and throwing in cheap jokes at his expense.  Even if Beckett becomes Capt., I'm sure they'll still have her out in the field often because they'll want to keep 'badass' Beckett present.

I could deal with this scenario if the writers can translate this on to my screen on a regular basis, not just the occasional episode. Castle could even return to his PI business, he still has the licence and the office (presumably) and Alexis could be his assistant....okay scratch the last bit but fingers crossed there could be a chance of sexytimes too, this time without the interruptions. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

Susan has always kept it real, so this gives me hope:

@realssullivan: Hi Castle chums...having lunch with the writers!! Should be informative....will keep you posted...or tweeted!

@realssullivan: Lunch was great! And season 8 is going to be extraordinary.... Trust me, have I ever lied to you? Possibilities abound!!!

Edited by FlickerToAFlame

I hope the writers informed her that she's going to have more to do than waltz in and out of the loft for her usual ten second cameo every so often.

She's a class act who deserves better.

If I could have my pick of lunch with any of the cast, Susan would be a serious contender. I can't say for certain I'd pick her, though, because I really, really, really, love Seamus. It'd be a tough choice. (Maybe whoever I picked could introduce me to the others?)

I still think S8 is going to be fine and that TVLine is playing devil's advocate for clicks.

• Love 1