Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Nice to see them enjoying their vacations.

The lighting in that bar or wherever that photo with Nathan was taken looks as dim as the precinct set, yet he looks better here without makeup and in his own wardrobe.  It's a mystery to me why that's the case.  And gosh yes, the jacket looks better fitted than Castle's jackets, and this kind of understated scarf sure is an improvement on Luke's last ghastly old man scarf choice for Castle.  Would be nice to see scruff and glasses on the show.  Not sure about the bare arms look to be honest, but we'll see.  Want to hear Beckett refer to Castle as her husband!

Stana looks like Season 1 Beckett there!

I love that second Vancouver shot, he looks great, scuff really suits him wish we could see some of that on Castle. He had some in the premiere I recall but it was all too brief. But yeah the lighting is about as gloomy as the Castle set, guess Nathan feels right at home there.

Karen. You're right so many of us say it each time there's a picture taken of Nathan off set, I wish we could solve the mystery! 

If it was a choice between Vancouver or Hawaii right now I'd go with Stana's choice. She looks different with her hair scraped back, without any make up on and younger too. 

Edited by verdana

It blows my mind how different Stana looks without the eyeliner. I mean, glammed up Stana is gorgeous, but so is day-off Stana.

That is ... a lot of Maya Stojan.

I also love scruffy casual Nathan. I would probably die if I ran into him at a bar. Not literally, but I'd be torn between wanting to leave him along and wanting to manufacture some natural feeling meet-cute so I could day hi. (I'm 99.98% sure that I'd never just go up and ask for a photo.)

Every time I see au natural Stana, it makes me wish she wasn't so makeup-heavy on the show (I'm speaking of latter seasons; she wasn't as made up in earlier years). And Nathan looks so much better au natural too IMO though it's hard to tell in these pics because it's so dark. lol  

There are times when I do notice her make up, especially around the eyes when they can overdo it a bit.  It would be nice to see a scene of them in the loft first thing in the morning and they let her look like that. However, this is Hollywood and the women on TV are always made up even when they're in bed, they may slightly tone it down but it's still obvious. May be some actresses feel they need it but Stana wouldn't need to worry. 

I got Beckett and the description is pretty accurate for me.

You are fierce. It takes you a while to warm up to people, but once you do, you are fiercely loyal, protective, and would kill for those you love. Your family has shaped you as you are today, and you always strive to make them proud. Doing the right thing and the just thing is your driving force, and you gain immediate respect from anyone who meets you.

Which “Castle” Character Are You? at BuzzFeed

Hahaha...  I got Kevin Ryan. I'll take it. :) (I know the whole point of this is practically any result you get you'll think "ah... yeah, that's true!", but ... I think it's pretty apt for me.)

You can be a bit of a follower sometimes, especially when it comes to someone you really admire. But you’re really just a combination of the best qualities from each of your friends. Your friends sometimes tease you about how in love you are with your significant other, but it doesn’t bother you because your family is your all, and you do everything to support them.

I got Beckett too (despite choosing a visit to outer space heh), which is pretty accurate as she is actually the character I most identify with.  I'd like to be more like Castle in some respects, but my natural self is probably more like Beckett.

Can I have Beckett's leather jacket(s) now, please? 

Edited by madmaverick
I got Esposito-- I think it was the choice of dog. I went for the poodle. Intelligent, friendly, good hunter.

Nope, I said border collie and got him.  I also said I wanted to meet JK Rowling, was sentimental, and liked reading and the color magenta.  How is that Espo? Maybe I should have gone with the choice of trench coats for clothes? But Beckett wears leather jackets just as much as she wears trench coats, so that's not really a fair option.

I also said I wanted to meet JK Rowling, was sentimental, and liked reading and the color magenta.  How is that Espo?

Lol.  Nothing wrong with all that of course, but the idea of Espo having a secret online dating profile with these details is amusing.  Espo and magenta, huh.  Perhaps that explains the upcoming purple scarf?

Do you think Luke gets the idea that people want to see Castle out of the bulky suits? Hopefully this trend continues.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the trend to be bucked since Castle was in the said bulky jackets for the rest of the episode.  I have no idea whether Luke has gotten the idea that people think his jackets are... well, not the favourite bit of Castle wardrobe ever, since he never responds to tweets that are critical/offer alternate wardrobe suggestions/not praise. ;)

I got Esposito....so not what I was expecting.  

I got Castle which is crazy, I keep going down the list thinking was it the colour? The dog? The food? May be I need to give it another go. When they have these quizzes I usually end up being Alexis or Beckett but never Castle until now heh.  It's the colours that get me though how do you tie one of those to a particular person on this show?  I chose red so was that Castle because it's bold and loud?  Is lime green Martha? Why is magenta Espo? 

A guest star tweeted today about working with Nathan in the episode they're currently filming. Per the Instagram link, it looks like as of right now, 7.13 is scheduled to air Feb. 2, 2015. 

Also, I saw a tweet from a fansite Twitter account (run by someone who works at an ABC affiliate, so she sees schedules) that Castle is returning Jan. 12 and not Jan. 5 (a 3-hour Bachelor premiere airs that night). Which would mean there's a break between eps 7.11 and 7.13 if 13 airs Feb. 2. 

Edited by S55

A guest star tweeted today about working with Nathan in the episode they're currently filming. Per the Instagram link, it looks like as of right now, 7.13 is scheduled to air Feb. 2, 2015. 

Also, I saw a tweet from a fansite Twitter account (run by someone who works at an ABC affiliate, so she sees schedules) that Castle is returning Jan. 12 and not Jan. 5 (a 3-hour Bachelor premiere airs that night). Which would mean there's a break between eps 7.11 and 7.13 if 13 airs Feb. 2. 

They usually have a break the week before Sweeps start. So if they do like they always do I'd say there will be a repeat on January 26. ABC confirmed that The Bachelor is airing a three hour premiere earlier today.

Edited by Nadine

This is a bit late but I hadn't seen before.

Was Castle Wedding Soapy? Did Homeland Fake-Out Fool You? Good Wife 'Twin' Twist? And More TV Qs! at TV Line.

9 | Did Castle get married on the set of Jane the Virgin’s telenovela? And did brunette alt-Alexis remind you in the slightest of Camilla Luddington? Also, are we to infer that in the AU, The Wire’s Detective McNulty worked for the NYPD and enlisted Rick to solve the copycat murders?

Naturally the crappy green screen got quite a bit of comment.

Nathan Fillion @NathanFillion  ·  18m 18 minutes ago
The Castle crew is one of the hardest working and most pleasant I’ve known. All day in the rain, and still laughing.

It actually rains in LA? They need to come over here then they'd know about suffering through constant rain. 

I like Joss' response.

Joss Whedon ‏@josswhedon  1h1 hour ago
@NathanFillion they are fools! They do not feel the rain on their hunched, hirsute hides. Abandon them! Or, uh, I'm still so grounded

Edited by verdana

Can’t remember the history of Lanie and Esposito?

Do you care?  Bearing in mind the next episode may bring some further developments you may wish to bring yourself up to speed. 

A fan has provided a handy little up-date with pictures too - here.

It actually rains in LA?

There's a drought in California so I think many people were actually glad to see rain.

Nathan and Stana in the TV Guide Fan Favorites issue

No new photoshoot this time?  Too bad.  Their last one for TV Guide was fun.  Guess it's time for the new hot couple from Outlander's turn.

So next episode will end with a "game changer for Castle's professional life"?  Glad to cross secret love child off the list then. ;)

Guesses?  He gets kidnapped by the mob for real at the end of the Xmas mobster episode?  Recruited by a secret government agency in relation to his disappearance and mythology?  I wouldn't mind if it were something more mundane to do with his writing career (new research opportunity, new genre etc.) but I sense that is not something the writers are interested in.  I would love for him to have to go through training at the police academy to get qualified as a civilian consultant or something, but I doubt they'll go there.  I think this "game changer" will be just about as short-lived as Beckett's D.C. arc. 

Would  they have the guy kidnapped/taken again in such a short space of time?  Poor Castle. He really shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised. 

They don't care about his writing so you're right that's off the agenda. I say two episodes max before he's back and it's business as usual. Perhaps he finds out something about his disappearance suddenly and heads off and do some research although I can't see his new wife being too thrilled about that.  May be he gets into trouble with the mob and Gates has to kick him out the precinct for a while. 

Who was the guy in 7.02 who did an interview and said he was possibly coming back later on?  I wonder if he's on the cast list for the next episode?  If he is then the game changer must have something to do with Castle's disappearance.

ETA It was Matt Letscher who played Henry, he said the writers were leaving their options open, oh well. 

Edited by verdana

22 Reasons Kevin Ryan Is The Most Underrated Character On “Castle” at BuzzFeed.

Yeah he is, he's also been for me the most consistently written of all the characters, when I see what they've done to Esposito what with the Lanie business and his snarky attitude towards Castle I'm ever thankful for Ryan and Seamus is great.  He's sharp too off screen with some of his comments which make me laugh. He gets away with it though.  

Finest hour? I go for him saving Beckett (and Espo indirectly) and bravely making the call to Gates in Always because he knew it was wrong, he stepped up and did his job as a cop. He can also really wear a three piece suit which not everyone can pull off, Seamus seems mostly immune from the bad clothing choices inflicted by Luke on Nathan and Jon.  

Seamus Dever @seamusdever  ·  Dec 1
"I got Kevin Ryan! Which "Castle" Character Are You? http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniebeach/which-castle-character-are-you-s72c?s=mobile …" Shit.

Heh.

Edited by verdana

The reference to professional life makes me think it is him writing something other than Nikki Heat or doing more research, but I don't know how they'd do that and keep the premise of the show going.  

But the article also said we'd revisit the new mythology crap in February, which makes me think that this midseason cliffhanger is unrelated to that.

There's a drought in California so I think many people were actually glad to see rain.

No new photoshoot this time?  Too bad.  Their last one for TV Guide was fun.  Guess it's time for the new hot couple from Outlander's turn.

They've won Fan Favorite awards several times, both as a couple and as individuals or for the show, since that 2011 cover/photoshoot, but we've never gotten new photos as a result from it. Except for the one that included a group photo with Jon, Seamus, Molly and Susan (with some N&S only shots too). Tis a shame. But as far as TVG is concerned, Castle probably isn't as hot & fresh of a show as those others, so I imagine they spend their photoshoot money on one of those now. lol 

The reference to professional life makes me think it is him writing something other than Nikki Heat or doing more research, but I don't know how they'd do that and keep the premise of the show going.  

It would be a nice change to have his writing career impinge upon their life that doesn't revolve around the 12th precinct.  How long can he keep churning out those Nikki Heat novels especially now he's married his muse? May be Black Pawn decide to call it quits, didn't that woman when he was being interviewed say that his last novel hadn't been doing that well? 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
If they have the contract with Black Pawn end, they can't keep doing the real life tie in books.

That would be sad.

Maybe they'll just want him to take an international book tour to launch the series overseas. That would take him out of the precinct, and I could see that being an issue, along with being a newlywed whose wife can't get the time off to come along.

I'm not sure mentioning low book sales in the second episode was throw away.

Except it most likely was, at least in terms of real world performance ... because all of Castle's (real world) books have hit the New York Time's best seller list. I'm not sure about Raging Heat but that wouldn't have factored into that line because it hadn't been release when they were filming that second episode. (Real world) people are still buying Castle's books. I'm not sure about legacy sales, but they do sell quickly when they're released.

Full disclosure: I don't own Raging Heat, but not for lack of trying. I couldn't find it at any of my local bookstores - they either didn't have it (the big box stores don't stock many books) or were out of it (the Barnes and Noble I went to had all Castle's other books, including the Derrick Storm books, but was sold out of the lastest Nikki Heat). I'll get around to buying it online so I can keep my collection complete.

I just doubt that they'd do away with the in-show Nikki Heat.

Edited by McManda

IMO. Castle will be kicked out of the precinct because of his connections to the mob. The early promo mentions some mob characters related to a murder.  Castle’s mob “friend” connections should have been discussed long ago. Beckett and Montgomery never asked questions in the past about Castle's history with a certain criminal element connection if it helped solve a case, but it should be something that Castle and Beckett discuss openly now. The angst between Caskett will likely come about over his “loyalty” to a mob “friend” which causes him to withhold information or details about a murder. His “loyalty” has caused issues between them in the past (The Final Nail, Dial ‘M’ for Mayor, etc.). I doubt that the mob premise will help ratings, but the timing of the episode portends to keep romance out of the story line as long as possible.

Edited by VinceW