Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Just a random useless piece of info about the promotion of 7.06 and 7.07 And having NF/SK promoting the ep. I was in a way surprised ABC had them out for 7.06, yes you'd get your stars out to promote a wedding but I'd be putting more emphasis on the episode after because that's when viewers will either continue to watch or go oh they're married now I won't tune in (yes there are some people who do that). Plus the chances of beating the fall finale of The Blacklist are slim I'd be trying to do the promotion push to beat State of Affairs.

And I'll go back to my insomniac corner now.

I agree that Amann's interviews seem to be having the opposite affect to what he intended and that some fans are increasingly fearful with every passing day and want it over with.

This is because people are overthinking and over analyzing it, twisting cryptic statements into worst case scenarios. But it always happens that way whenever they release a lot a press about a specific episode (The Blue Butterfly, The Lives of Others) and then people realize that it wasn't as bad as their imaginations led them to believe it was going to be.

Me? I'm busy with work so I don't have a lot of extra time to hunt down/read/digest all these interviews, so I'm still exited. I think it's going to be great.

• Love 2

Hahahaha. Hahahahaha. Hahahaha. The National Enquirer. Okay, I'm done laughing now.

Weren't they also the ones to report that Barbara Striesand was upset and sticking around the set and threatening divorce because James Brolin was having an affair with Stana?

So yeah, there's probably a bit of truth in that article - they're contracts are up for negotiation, how much wind does Castle still have in its sails in terms of future seasons, maybe they're banding together for the negotiations - but I'm willing to bet that most of that it absolutely pure, random crap to garner link clicks (and I'm extremely risk averse, so ... )

I did find it insulting to Capt. Beckett that her subordinate Esposito would actually ask her if she was sure she could handle interrogating Castle.

Sigh, just everyday sexism, I guess. Just because he doesn't mean it to be insulting, doesn't mean it isn't.

A young woman who is so successful in a testosterone-choked environment like a police force would be getting that every damn day. Not always that mild either. The RCMP has had a lot of bad publicity in the past months from female officers who have been repeatedly harrassed (to the point of rape). So it says something about Esposito's character and about real life.

Castle is ready, he wants to get married right away he wanted to get married in 6.23 and in 7.02 but the writers created each time a roadblock, the second time it was Beckett and her concerns.

To be fair, one of her concerns was that Castle wanted to get married quickly to suppress the angst he was feeling about losing two months of his life.  She told him he thought getting married would fix that and she didn't think it would.  That doesn't mean that's what Castle was really thinking, but she did seem to think that.  However, I agree with the general idea that the decision to get married right away should be fully felt from both sides.

Sigh, just everyday sexism, I guess. Just because he doesn't mean it to be insulting, doesn't mean it isn't.

I have recently decided that everyone is sexist.  Even people I know who claim to be major feminists have made some comments to me that are rather sexist.  It's kind of sad.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

I guess I'm old fashioned (at 28), because I don't think Espo meant to be insulting, nor do I think it's anti-feminist or whatever. (God, I hate that argument.) My first thought was that it was a gesture of friendship - there's this strange guy claiming he knows them all, is a part of their lives, and he wants to make sure this guy isn't going to go off the rails and do something stupid and/or hurt Beckett. I didn't think it was that he thought that she couldn't handle herself, he did it because that's what friends and cowokers do. If I volunteer to help I don't do it because I don't think you can't do it, I do it because I want to be helpful and take some stress out of your day. Then again, I don't hate Espo. (Would this be a discussion if Ryan had asked?)

And also, I just realized, maybe I've been offending people all my life by trying to be helpful. I like to be helpful. If I like you, I want to help you. It doesn't mean I think less of you as a person or less of your abilities.

• Love 6
And also, I just realized, maybe I've been offending people all my life by trying to be helpful. I like to be helpful. If I like you, I want to help you. It doesn't mean I think less of you as a person or less of your abilities.

It's only offensive (at least to me) if you continue  to offer to help a woman when she says she doesn't need it, but then watch a man do the same thing without offering to help once.  Especially if it's in front of the first woman.

But that didn't happen on Castle, so we should move on.

• Love 1

To be fair, one of her concerns was that Castle wanted to get married quickly to suppress the angst he was feeling about losing two months of his life.  She told him he thought getting married would fix that and she didn't think it would.  That doesn't mean that's what Castle was really thinking, but she did seem to think that.  However, I agree with the general idea that the decision to get married right away should be fully felt from both sides.

I don't have a problem with Beckett's concerns that caused her to hold off from getting married upon his return even though I think the reason behind it (by the writers) was to drag things out.  I can also understand why Castle wanted to get married as soon as he got back. 

BECKETT

No, we’re both not ready. We’re looking for solid ground and you think that getting married is going to fix the way you feel and it won’t. Look, I love you. And I’m here for you. But we need to get some distance from all of this. We need to get back to our own lives. Find solid ground together. I promise you, I’m not going anywhere. We’ve waited this long, so let’s just make it right.

CASTLE

How long?

BECKETT

(sighs) A month? (it’s both a question and a statement) No expectations, no pressure. Just us? And then we’ll talk about it then?

- See more at: http://seriesmonitor.com/castle/transcripts/season7/02.html#sthash.UYC282y4.dpuf

Given the above the writers can't turn around and say oh well lets just forget about all that Castle has asked again they need to marry. I know many won't care or even remember that conversation but I will. That's why I'll be disappointed if they ride roughshod over Beckett's doubts about Castle's motives for wanting to get married because they haven't addressed it properly. Obviously I want them married I don't want this carrying on longer than necessary but they have to respect the story and stay true to the characters and address these things.

Edited by verdana

Weren't they also the ones to report that Barbara Striesand was upset and sticking around the set and threatening divorce because James Brolin was having an affair with Stana?

They were indeed, Stana is a homewrecker the little minx.

Since I know so many have thoughts on "badass Beckett," lol ... from TV|Line:

Do you have any more tidbits from your interview with Castle showrunner David Amann? –Mandy
Well of course I had to ask if there were any “badass Beckett” moments to watch for, seeing as they’ve been in short supply this season, and he did not disappoint. “There is a badass Beckett moment of sorts – I mean, I would consider it a badass Beckett moment — at the end of Episode 7, ‘Once Upon a Time in the West,'” he shared. “Keep your eyes out for that.” BONUS SCOOP: This just in… Episode 12 will make like Jane the Virgin and revolve around the cast of the telenovela Santos Desperaodos, begging the question: Has Kamar de los Reyes already guest-starred?

Has there been less Badass Beckett moments than normal? What's the usual quota? She's had three I can immediately think of: two in #7.01 when she tackles that guy to the floor who is built like a brick shithouse and she also crushes the same guy's fingers in the interrogation room and the interview scene last week. SK's weakest and most unconvincing moments as Beckett on this show have usually revolved around scenes where the writers emphasize that aspect. I find her way more impressive (and threatening) as a cop when she's not trying to be badass. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/07/spoiler-room-bates-motel-agents-shield-spoilers/ (Not wedding related)

Have to say, I am not at all thrilled by this. I thought the show was done with this storyline? 

Same here especially if they really link it to Castle's disappearance.

“Castle” – “Bad Santa” – When an ER physician is gunned down in the street, Castle and Beckett soon discover that the victim was a mob doctor to a Mafia family run by an old friend of Castle's. Also, against this backdrop of Christmas, Esposito and Lanie reach a defining moment in their relationship. (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET).

Edited by cappuccino

Not surprised they couldn't let it go. ;)  One wonders whether they had actually decided on who was behind Castle's disappearance when they did that plot, or leaving it tbd as they often do.  The unknown Big Bad with unlimited resources was hardly an original approach. ;)

Bracken has long stopped being interesting to me as a character.  They play the same kind of notes with him every time.  He became this kind of all powerful megalomaniac villain, and the bigger he got, the less interesting he became.

I'd rather they write some smart, sinister, unusual murderers instead.

ETA: Are we expected to care about Esplanie's "defining moment" ;) just because it's Christmas and absent buildup?

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1
Given the above the writers can't turn around and say oh well lets just forget about all that Castle has asked again they need to marry. I know many won't care or even remember that conversation but I will. That's why I'll be disappointed if they ride roughshod over Beckett's doubts about Castle's motives for wanting to get married because they haven't addressed it properly.

They aren't necessarily forgetting about all that though.

It's been about a month and they could have either decided that they do feel like they are back on solid ground or they are making a decision that they don't know if they'll ever feel totally back to normal and don't want to keep waiting.  Those are both completely valid reasons to decide to get married right away, and they don't conflict with the previous conversation.

I'd rather they write some smart, sinister, unusual murderers instead.

I agree.  I thought the last episode with the social media killer was one of the best cases they've had lately, and that's because it was not their usual formula.  If they do a few more like that per season the show would be much better.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

Imagine if Beckett is dating Josh in the AU... would that be better or worse than dating Esposito? :P ;)

Not completely outside the realm of possibility if Capt. Beckett wasn't exactly looking to dive deeply into a relationship.

Give me Demming any day!  Kidding. 

My theory on Beckett and Josh was that after Castle came back to the precinct and said he was still in a relationship with Gina, Beckett decided she needed a distraction and found Josh.  If she never met Castle she probably wouldn't have done that. But I wouldn't mind if they had AU Beckett involved with one of her exes, as long as they show that she's not as satisfied in those relationships as she is with Castle.  However, I don't think the show will want to taint the wedding episode by showing previous romantic partners (although they did introduce Rogan in For Better or Worse).

She probably would have stayed with Demming if she never met Castle, but maybe's they'll claim she never even dated him because she was trying to get promoted to Captain.  

Edited by KaveDweller

It's been about a month and they could have either decided that they do feel like they are back on solid ground or they are making a decision that they don't know if they'll ever feel totally back to normal and don't want to keep waiting.  Those are both completely valid reasons to decide to get married right away, and they don't conflict with the previous conversation.

I need more than what I've seen in that sneak peek to be convinced that a month on Beckett is ready to put her doubts aside and get married just like that when she clearly wasn't before, a simple yes from her isn't going to cut it at least not for me. Hopefully they'll be more to her response than that.  

Count me in as another fan uninterested in them revisiting the now disgraced Senator Bracken, I thought that Amann (or Marlowe I get confused which) said earlier that Bracken wasn't involved in the new mythology?   Amann is wrong about Bracken being an interesting character he stopped being that ages ago when Bracken became this one note super villain and I don't see what fresh creative ideas the character can bring to the table now unless they're planning on doing something ridiculous and dramatic like a prison escape and Beckett has to track him back down? Or a face off in court? 

As for Esplaine...yawn.  That's one Christmas present I can do without. 

They really are pushing the Castle-centric stories what with the new mythology, #7.04 the AU and now Castle story of his old friend in the mafia family which to be fair is what they said they would do and what I wanted, pity that so far the new mythology hasn't fallen flat and #7.04 episode was only so-so.

Imagine if Beckett is dating Josh in the AU... would that be better or worse than dating Esposito? :P ;)

Nothing could be worse than Esposito, nothing. 

The actor playing Josh wasn't that good. I always remember that scene when he confronts Castle in the hospital and wince and how badly he played it there. I liked Demming, he didn't come over as such an arrogant arse (which Josh totally did) and plus I love the off screen bromance between Nathan and Michael Trucco and Michael isn't too bad to look at either! 

My guess is that they go the "happy in job, unhappy in personal life route". I'm also guessing that means that she's promoted to Captain, but that her personal life is nonexistent.

That falls in line with the pilot, where pilot-Beckett apparently was lite on the social spectrum. ("Who says romance is dead?"/"I do, every Saturday night."/"A little lipstick wouldn't hurt.") You might be able to argue that she would still have dated Demming or Josh, but both of those relationships came post-Castle, after he had made her job more fun, after he had rattled her outlook on life a bit. I don't think she would have. I think she would have continued on her boring job-track, being the youngest NYPD detective and now apparently young-ish NYPD captain.

If they had had this AU be somewhere after Castle had showed up, yeah, she might still be with Demming or Josh. But because the deviation point is pre-Castle, I think we can safely assume things might be vaguely the same (she's still NYPD, still works at the 12th, still works with Ryan and Espo), but everything that we've seen in the series as we know it hasn't happened, or at the very least, hasn't happened the same way.

Add me to the list of those not at all interested in seeing Bracken again. I thought Veritas ended that storyline nicely and if they resort to using him again it feels like desperation to me. Meh. IMO, bringing back 3XK is more interesting than Bracken, so I'd prefer he return instead (which I suppose they still might before season 7 ends or in a theoretical season 8). 

I need more than what I've seen in that sneak peek to be convinced that a month on Beckett is ready to put her doubts aside and get married just like that when she clearly wasn't before, a simple yes from her isn't going to cut it at least not for me. Hopefully they'll be more to her response than that. 

Well the sneak peek is about 30 seconds, so I would imagine there's more to it than just that.  From Amman's interviews it sounds like there is.

But I never saw Beckett doubting that she wanted to marry Castle or questioning the relationship.  She wanted to put distance between the disappearance/abduction/amnesia and the wedding, but she still definitely knew she wanted to marry Castle.  So, I think they should address the issue again, but I don't need to be convinced she still wants to marry Castle.  Just that she's ready to start moving on from the whole thing. 

As for Esplaine...yawn.  That's one Christmas present I can do without.

I'm guess they wouldn't do a break up on a Christmas episode.  I really hope they don't get engaged.  Or that she's pregnant, but I can't imagine what else it could be.

As for Bracken, I wouldn't mind if they referenced him on the show, or talked about his trial or something.  As long as it's not the focus of an episode.  And I will point out it's the writer of the column speculating about a connection to Castle's abduction, not Amman.

• Love 1

I'm guess they wouldn't do a break up on a Christmas episode.  I really hope they don't get engaged.  Or that she's pregnant, but I can't imagine what else it could be.

A pregnant Esplaine before a pregnant Caskett? That's treading on dangerous ground. An engagement would fit the Christmas spirit but then again may be they can afford to have them breaking up because it's Esplanie and they know most fans don't care either way. 

When it comes to Bracken like you I'm happy with some brief mention of a trial coming up but other than that I don't want too much time spent on it. In their heart of hearts they must know there's not much more they can squeeze out of it so dwelling on it is not going to be a ratings winner. 

Edited by verdana
An engagement would fit the Christmas spirit but then again may be they can afford to have them breaking up because it's Esplanie and they know most fans don't care either way.

Here? No. But I have seen interest. And I can see TPTB thinking it's a fair trade: Marriage for C/B, baby for Esplanie. But who knows...

Even more details about the wedding and the AU aspect of 7.06 at Give Me My Remote.

“The one we’re most focused on [in terms of changes in this other universe] is Beckett,” Amann said. “I think that, without giving away too much, if one thinks about the influence Castle has had in her life in terms of the way she has become more open, in the way she has resolved some of her personal demons, none of that has necessarily happened in this world. The version of Beckett that he is faced with is a little bit harder, a little bit frostier, a little bit, perhaps, more damaged than the Beckett he knows.” 

Add me to the list of those not at all interested in seeing Bracken again. I thought Veritas ended that storyline nicely and if they resort to using him again it feels like desperation to me. Meh. IMO, bringing back 3XK is more interesting than Bracken, so I'd prefer he return instead (which I suppose they still might before season 7 ends or in a theoretical season 8). 

The 3XK saga is sagging too although I'd rather see that back than Bracken, it's the lesser of two evils. 3XK has become like every other serial killer I see on TV shows, blessed with awesome super powers that enables him to do anything rather conveniently and always outwits our heroes until the next time! He reminds me of Pelant on Bones and that was dragged out way too long. 3XK has almost reached that level for me where if he comes back they had better finish him off this time. I can't get invested in a character that  is like something out of a cartoon. 

Even more details about the wedding and the AU aspect of 7.06 at Give Me My Remote.

“The one we’re most focused on [in terms of changes in this other universe] is Beckett,” Amann said. “I think that, without giving away too much, if one thinks about the influence Castle has had in her life in terms of the way she has become more open, in the way she has resolved some of her personal demons, none of that has necessarily happened in this world. The version of Beckett that he is faced with is a little bit harder, a little bit frostier, a little bit, perhaps, more damaged than the Beckett he knows.” 

metaphor.Thanks for the link.

Seems to me an obvious conclusion to arrive at that this is how she would be if Castle hadn't come into her life.

Edited by verdana

Hm.. I look forward to seeing Castle melt Capt. 'Frosty' Beckett in the AU.  (He'll have to get back to his own Beckett, wonder if there'll be an AU Castle for her though I doubt they'll address that).  It'll be interesting to revisit that dynamic again, with the added insight Castle has acquired about Beckett and who she (and they) can become over the years.  I am just as interested in the AU story as I am in where it leads to back in their real world. Hopefully the episode will really deliver on both fronts as Amann says.  I never was that interested in the trappings of a wedding, so hopefully they will deliver on the truly meaningful heart of a wedding.

I kind of presumed the defining moment for Esplanie would be some sort of commitment to give the relationship a serious go.  I mean, are they even seriously together right now?  They blow so hot and cold I lose track.  All we got was a hand holding moment at the aborted wedding, right?  Huge leap from that to a proposal or a pregnancy, but who knows (or cares).  

• Love 1
I mean, are they even seriously together right now?  They blow so hot and cold I lose track.  All we got was a hand holding moment at the aborted wedding, right?  Huge leap from that to a proposal or a pregnancy, but who knows (or cares).

In the second episode of this season, Castle saw Lanie and Espo being all flirty at a crime scene and Ryan said that Castle's disappearance made them realize life was short and that they wanted to be together.  I assumed that meant they were serious now, but who the hell knows with those two.

There was also one episode where Lanie had changed the ring tone on Espo's phone to be her calling him sexy.  Which is rather unprofessional when you work the the guy and will be calling him while he's at his place of work.

The actor playing Josh wasn't that good. I always remember that scene when he confronts Castle in the hospital and wince and how badly he played it there. I liked Demming, he didn't come over as such an arrogant arse (which Josh totally did) and plus I love the off screen bromance between Nathan and Michael Trucco and Michael isn't too bad to look at either!

Yeah, I liked Demming more. I think Michael is a better actor than Victor Webster, but I do like Victor way more on Continuum than I did on this show.

I'm totally fine if they want to show Bracken trial and whatever is going on with his storyline with a couple of lines or on the tv in the background. His story is basically 6 seasons long even though he was on screen for 2 seasons so I don't care to see him on screen or involved in Castle's disappearance.

There was also one episode where Lanie had changed the ring tone on Espo's phone to be her calling him sexy.  Which is rather unprofessional when you work the the guy and will be calling him while he's at his place of work.

Ikr? I can't see either Castle or Beckett doing that with each other phones cause they care more about professionalism at the precinct and not get Castle kicked out by Gates.

There was also one episode where Lanie had changed the ring tone on Espo's phone to be her calling him sexy.  Which is rather unprofessional when you work the the guy and will be calling him while he's at his place of work.

That scene didn't make me laugh I thought it showed them up and was embarrassing but it was something I was meant to find funny of that I'm sure. It's one of those moments where I sense the writers dream something up they think is amusing without considering if it looks in keeping for the characters (especially given their jobs) to have done that. I find they do that quite a bit. 

Thanks for the Esplanie update, KaveDweller.  Somehow all that slipped by my sleep deprived mind but I remember it all now that you mentioned it. ;)

Happy wedding viewing, everyone.  Let's hope it's all that it should be and meets expectations, whatever they are.

So a further update on the episodes up to Christmas and into the New Year we've got:

10 Nov: 7.06 ~ Time of Our Lives - Miller/Holahan (now confirmed as the wedding episode hooray it's finally here!)
17 Nov: 7.07 ~ Once Upon a Time in the West - Winter/Riley 
24 Nov: 7.08 ~ Kill Switch - Amann/Jeannot Szwarc
01 Dec: 7.09 ~ Last Action Hero (previously Role of A Lifetime) - Roum/Holahan
08 Dec: 7.10 ~ Bad Santa (previously Have Yourself a Mobster Little Christmas, thank God they saw sense and shortened it) - Creaseys/Roe
Christmas break
05 Jan(?)7.11 ~ Woogie Woogie(?) - Hanning/Milan Cheylov
7.12 ~ TBA - Frost/?

7.14 & 7.15 - probable two parter as mentioned by Amann.

This weekend is the CAS Convention in LA with appearances by MilMar, the Creaseys, Penny, Jon, "Tori" and "Perlmutter." A couple interesting tweets I saw about it:

@gayle_lynne: Based on the feedback from writers and cast-- if all goes well there are hopes for more seasons. And other possibilities.

@CastlePromos: Reported from CAS Convention - "@gayle_lynne: Earlier the writers talked about the fans and twitter. Sometimes the negative really hurts."

The latter is out of context, but I certainly hope they can take criticism. Or cry about it into their millions of dollars (in MilMar's case since I'm sure they get the majority of the negative. IMO well-deserved as long as it isn't rude or personal).

ETA:

@gayle_lynne: So @btwprod told us nit to be alone for Monday's #Castle episode.

Oh, Penny, I like you but your comments about the show have proven to mean nothing.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame

In this day and age of Twitter, I don't feel much sympathy for any constructive negative criticism the writers get on Twitter. No one is forcing them to be there (even if it is more a prerequisite for TV shows now), so if they can't take the negative with the praise, then they're in the wrong place. Or learn to deal with it better like other showrunners/writers do. I've seen many who dish it out as much as they take it and don't care how fans react. I respect that attitude more than whining about hurt feelings from tweets. Imagine how they'd react if they visited message boards like this one too. lol 

I can't help but think how pre-social media shows would handle a forum like Twitter if their shows were on the air today. The X-Files and Chris Carter come to mind a lot. lol 

As far as more seasons, the two people they really needed to ask that question of weren't there, so I don't put much stock in the hopefulness of those whose continued employment ultimately depends on the two leads.

Edited by S55
  • Love 1

Yeah sorry Penny but your opinions about an episode are right up there with Tamala's as ones I instantly discount. I'll wait and check it out myself.

@CastlePromos: Reported from CAS Convention - "@gayle_lynne: Earlier the writers talked about the fans and twitter. Sometimes the negative really hurts."

They're more than happy to bask in the attention and overt praise from fans when everything is going well so to complain when they get criticised doesn't generate much sympathy with me.   And by "criticised" I don't mean the crazy hate or insults which are sometimes flung their way that's unacceptable but they need to learn to take the rough with the smooth in this business.  Although I don't consider Twitter a vehicle for sensible discussion of anything much but no doubt it gives them a clue as to what fans like or dislike about what they see on the show within reason. 

• Love 1

Did Penny also tell us not to watch FBFW alone?  Heh.  I can't remember if everyone was radio silent ;) before FBFW, but I do vaguely recall her telling fans not to watch some other ep alone, or with tissues. ;)  But yeah, I never take those comments seriously.

As far as more seasons, the two people they really needed to ask that question of weren't there, so I don't put much stock in the hopefulness of those whose continued employment ultimately depends on the two leads.

Agree with this take.  I guess they might have announced it if it was the last season already, but at the same time, I don't think they'd announce something like that at a fan convention.  The spinoff is likely going ahead but that doesn't necessarily mean Nathan and Stana have signed on for more already.

The convention had more of a turnout from the cast than I expected, though I don't recall who appeared at any previous such events.  I imagine it was mostly a lovefest and the writers didn't really get any challenging questions to answer?  Like about FBFW?  If they don't like criticism on twitter, then I guess they wouldn't like it in person. ;)  I agree that as long as the criticism isn't rude or personal, creatives need to accept it as part of the job.  It's not like they believe in responding to any of it anyway.  The only example I can remember of the writers responding to "criticism" is when Terri responded to a tweet about why there's not enough Caskett intimacy or something like that and she famously said they don't kiss like cousins. ;)  There really isn't much of a 2 way engagement on twitter about the show because the writers are mostly just retweeting praise for their work, which isn't interesting to me.  I can't recall, but did any of them respond to the fan reaction after FBFW?  All I remember is Nathan tweeting (in response to fan anger) something like he believes it's good if the show made you feel something, good or bad.

It'll be interesting to see the online response after the wedding episode though I'm pretty sure the writers won't be responding to any criticism on twitter.

I adore Perlmutter, I like the fact he doesn't think much of Castle and probably never will.

In fact I prefer him to Lanie, he gets more out of a scene with his dry quips than she does spouting dry medical exposition. 

• Love 2

If anyone here has ever watched the L&O franchise, Perlmutter sort of reminds me of a male version of ME Liz Rodgers on the franchise, played by Leslie Hendrix. She was dry, sometimes acerbic, and quick with a quip.

If the two NYC universes ever collided (if not on different networks), I could see them either hitting it off spectacularly or hating each other's guts as they are too much alike.

• Love 1

Speaking of Gates and Castle kissing.

Cecilia Martin @cecimartin  ·  21 hrs 21 hours ago
Penny about her scene kissing Nathan “I can’t wait for the bloopers, that scene was deep” #CastleCon

I wish it had been a blooper, in fact I thought it was and it got left in by accident.

Edited by verdana

This is bugging me for quiet some time now.

Don't remember the exact words right now but didn't Amann say something about some kind of trouble for caskett in the future? No break up or anything but some kind of trouble.

I just really really hope they don't have sth like Beckett regretting getting married "this soon". Without figuring out what happened to Castle and who he might really be or some crap like that.

Please no doubting again!

Edited by cappuccino

Don't remember the exact words right now but didn't Amann say something about some kind of trouble for caskett in the future? No break up or anything but some kind of trouble.

Can't remember him saying trouble for Caskett ahead but his interviews TBH are now all one big wedding blur, I'm starting to feel like I've eaten way too much wedding cake already splurging on these interviews. He's made a point though of saying that no matter what happens with Castle and Beckett "they're not getting a divorce" as if seriously that's an option.  I guess you can be reassured now by that comment. 

Penny seems sweet but, like some have already stated, I take her comments w. a grain of salt. Penny, Tamala, and Molly are the worst w their comments. Sorry but after reading what they say I often wonder if their watching the same show I am. 

I'll just wait, see, and judge for myself. 

Edited by Samantha84

I think he referred to the missing two months drama coming up again and possibly causing trouble, but not necessarily trouble between them.  It's kind of hard to interpret.

We need some kind of nickname for whatever it is that happened to Castle.  Like Mombatross was used for the Johanna Beckett stuff.  I never know how to refer to it. I'd suggest just calling it "new mythology," but I can't encourage more uses of the word mythology.

• Love 1

It was fialka that thought of the Mombatross which was brilliant for the JB saga and the Douchebag arc was a goodie too but can't think who made what one up. I agree KaveDweller we definitely need something more catchy for Castle's mysterious story because I want to go back to liking the word "mythology" again. Someone mentioned the word in the office last week and I had to suppress a groan, may be by the Christmas episode we will know a bit more and someone can get a flash of inspiration. 

Edited by verdana

Another pretty long article about the wedding from TV Guide, with more quotes from Amann: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Castle-Wedding-David-Amann-1088982.asp

'Yes, even those fans who shouted their anger from the rooftops after the failed wedding last season. "They will certainly be vocal, but we feel it delivers the best version of what we wanted that moment to be. There are obviously people who felt a little thwarted, and I think now that the wedding will become a reality, I think the people who felt forsaken or betrayed by the end of last season, my hope is that that earns back whatever good will we might have lost with them."'