Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Love Tom, great to see him taking up the challenge and I'd really like to see Benedict accept. 

Oh boy, Nathan was really cruel to Michael there pouring it over his head. 

Edited by verdana

When did NF wore a tight teenage tee-shirt, ever? Did I miss something?

I watched both videos he tweeted and I dunno.. may be he fares worse without Luke when it comes to formal wear (though it's certainly debatable), but he sure looks heaps better by himself when he goes casual. I'm not even sure that what Luke sees as casual, is actually casual. I mean slacks, dress shirt and shoes at home?

Considering that Nathan and Michael Trucco are friends, they have to get him back on the show.  They could easily have a burglary case they need a consult on.  Or just have Caskett bump into Demming on the elevator.  It would be super-awkward fun.

Edited by KaveDweller

I'd love Demming to come back for a one off guest appearance simply for Nathan and Michael's friendship really, the boys can enjoy themselves and it might make for some genuinely awkwardly fun moments. 

So that means we have at least 4 knuckle-biting interrogation scenes to look forward to.  Yay!  And in the episode right after Castle comes back alive.  Who has time to feel traumatised and really talk to your dearest and nearest when you have crimes to solve, multiple suspects to interrogate? ;)

Heh and Castle will probably be absent from at least two of those interrogation scenes to make it even more exciting. I notice they do that increasingly have Stana on her own or with someone else other than Castle which immediately renders them fast forward material. I hope Stana has perfected her Beckett *worried look* to signify to the audience that events from the premiere are still praying heavily on her mind. They won't talk about it much of course if at all, this is obviously a "fun" and returning to normal episode and they can't mix things up with anything remotely more serious. 

Edited by verdana

Lol I didn't realize that Victor replied back to a fan. 

ari @hisworkwife

@MichaelTrucco @webstervictor @NathanFillion two kate's exs and kate's fiancée going out together.. awkward i'd say

Victor Webster @westervictor

@hisworkwife @MichaelTrucco @NathanFillion Its better to keep it in the family #ProgressiveRelationship

It's cute that Michael and Seamus hangs out too. Since the show brought back Dr. Holloway and Vulcan Simmons after not appearing in a few seasons, it would be fun to have Demming back for a guest appearance.

I love the idea of them as a solid family unit, father, daughter and wife (to be) with Martha of course as the matriarch, now if only the writers could have them behaving like one in S7 instead of existing in their own separate bubbles. Seems like whatever they're investigating Beckett must be clued up on it based on that picture at least. 

From TV Line:

Question: We know that the season opener of Castle starts right where we left off in the finale, but is there a time jump after those first initial scenes? —Rachael
Ausiello: Yes, the  Sept. 29 premiere features a time jump — and a rather significant one at that — but my lips are zipped about exactly when in the episode the clocks spring forward.
Question: I am dying to know the Castle Season 7 premiere title! —Sandra
Ausiello: The opener, which (per ABC) “promises to put Beckett through the toughest case of her career,” is titled… fittingly… “Driven.”

"Driven", huh?  I bet they got a laugh out of that. ;) 

Time jump as expected.  Question is whether it takes place before or after Castle is found.  Before seems more likely, but in that case they really need to dedicate some screentime on the impact of the prolonged absence of Castle on all parties both before and after he's found.  Too bad we won't be getting any Castle scruff out of the time jump/disappearance.  He'll probably be dressed in his usual Luke way when he's found too. ;)

Looking forward to Rob Hanning's 704 episode.  Maybe the fact that Rob Bowman is directing means it deviates from the usual, hopefully.

Edited by madmaverick

I'm actually kinda surprised to see Bowman directing another episode so soon after 7.01. Considering the only other ep these 2 have done before now is Veritas (which had a co-writer), it'll be interesting to see how they work together on this one. 

Also, can someone refresh my memory on why we presumed 7.02 was about the toy mogul/toy factory murder? Because based on the casting announcement we just got, maybe that's the plot of 7.04? The episodes are already starting to run together in my brain. lol 

Edited by S55

Also, can someone refresh my memory on why we presumed 7.02 was about the toy mogul/toy factory murder? Because based on the casting announcement we just got, maybe that's the plot of 7.04? The episodes are already starting to run together in my brain. lol 

TV Line posted the news a while back when they mentioned the Invisible killer being in an episode later on, etc.

Glad the Bowman info is now out, I was trying not to spill it online before filming started. Ugh.

Edited by Nadine
Ausiello: Yes, the  Sept. 29 premiere features a time jump — and a rather significant one at that — but my lips are zipped about exactly when in the episode the clocks spring forward.

I really hope there's not too much of a time jump.  I think the number floating around earlier was 2 months, but Ausiello's comment makes it sound like more than that. He could be exaggerating though.  

It's just that we know they won't be showing any long-lasting impact to the whole ordeal, and the longer they have Castle missing for the more ridiculous that is.

• Love 1

I really hope there's not too much of a time jump.  I think the number floating around earlier was 2 months, but Ausiello's comment makes it sound like more than that. He could be exaggerating though.  

It's just that we know they won't be showing any long-lasting impact to the whole ordeal, and the longer they have Castle missing for the more ridiculous that is.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as soon as I read it, having Castle missing for longer than a month makes them going back to normal COTW business so soon even more laughable. At least with the DC arc it lasted three full episodes! This situation should be far more traumatic for them to cope with as a couple and yet it looks like it could all be swept under the carpet very quickly.  If it does pan out that way, it confirms my suspicions that this whole thing was not planned and something they just threw into the mix to delay things.   

Ausiello's comment certainly gives me the impression he may be missing over the entire summer. 

#7.01 Driven - (finding Castle of course) Amann/Bowman 

#7.02 TBA (about a toy mogul) - Marlowe/Alrick Riley

#7.03 Clear and Present Danger? - Creaseys/Kate Woods

#7.04 TBA - Hanning/Bowman

One of these is going to be a "really fun episode" about an invisible killer and since I can't really see that being Bowman's scene I go for #7.03.

Did someone bring this over yet ?

Any scoop on Castle? —Jess, via Twitter
How about some exclusive casting news? Devious Maids star Rebecca Wisocky will guest-star in the seventh season's third episode, "Clear & Present Danger." She will play Dr. Elena Sarkov, the lead scientist at a cutting-edge research lab, whom the team consults when a pool shark is murdered by a mysterious unseen force. Other details about her character are being tightly guarded, but it sounds to me like the show won't waste a lot of time getting back to its case-of-the-week structure.http://www.tvguide.com/news/Mega-Buzz-Doctor-Who-Sons-of-Anarchy-1085741.aspx

Time jump as expected.  Question is whether it takes place before or after Castle is found.  Before seems more likely, but in that case they really need to dedicate some screentime on the impact of the prolonged absence of Castle on all parties both before and after he's found.  Too bad we won't be getting any Castle scruff out of the time jump/disappearance.  He'll probably be dressed in his usual Luke way when he's found too. ;)

Usually the things I think are important they skip over so I'm not holding out high hopes of them spending too much time dwelling on the emotional impact his absence has on the family, it will probably be sucked up in case exposition. Although didn't Molly say something about Alexis falling apart at some point because of his disappearance or did I imagine that?  I hope they don't just focus on Beckett's feelings and include moments for the entire family, otherwise it loses a great deal of the impact. Someone you love being kidnapped should be like an emotional grenade going off, everyone should be deeply affected.

Hope they manage to get Jim to show up in the premiere, they got away with it for #6.23 but to not have him physically there for his daughter after what's happened is going to look really odd. 

• Love 1

Thanks cappuccino, yeah they're not wasting any time. That scoop confirms the Creaseys episode is the invisible killer one ("mysterious unseen force.") which made sense. 

Edited by verdana

The funny thing about the actor playing Jim is that he's a friend of Hack and P.A. Terri. I guess they're such good friends that he doesn't care they never give him work. I have little faith that we'll see him again in the premiere. That would require insight and complex emotionally driven storytelling which is fairly non existant on this show.

• Love 1

I guess if the theory about Castle orchestrating his own disappearance turns out to be true, then he won't need any time to 'recover' from his trauma.  Don't know how they can pull that off without (more) character assassination though so I really hope they don't go there.

mad maverick. Yeah that's one way to get around things but you're right it's going to be so difficult to pull off. There's no way Beckett should even entertain this idea after everything they've been through together so her genuinely suspecting him won't wash with me. I also don't think it's in character for Castle do do something like that, unless this is the start of exploring his "dark" side. And how does it look if at the end of all this he's found to be remotely complicit in what went on given the pain his family would have gone through for possibly months on end. How do you get back from a betrayal like that? A simple "oh sorry" isn't going to cut it.  

Edited by verdana

Orchestrating his own disappearance would indeed be hard to pull off. The only reason I can think of is some kind of urgent witness protection program but uh, no, that doesn't make any sense. They probably don't put ppl in the program who don't remember being a witness and I can't think of any scenario that would require such drastic measures...

How about the time jump being at the end of the first episode. Castle is found relatively quickly after a few days, you still have the element of anguish over his disappearance but not as emotionally scarring as had it been months, followed by the investigation of why whatever happened. The episode ends with Castle not shadowing Beckett anymore and the viewer is left wondering: What's the conclusion to the new mythology and will Castle and Beckett ever work a case together again (which of course they will but it's the How that matters).

This way it's technically not a two parter, the audience might wanna know how things resolve and watch the second episode, and Alexis and Castle "in Canada" maybe in the beginning of the second episode would make sense...before Castle returns somehow to the precinct.

And what about Beckett's hair? Does anybody know when it got shorter from bts pics of Stana?

Erik Altstadt @EAkorn  ·  16m

"Then we all turn and laugh at Castle." - Heard on set today. #castle #castlefans

That actually fills me with a touch of trepidation at this point.  Says a lot about where I see the show at.  

Can we laugh with the guy and not just at him for a change? ;)

It's written by Rob Hanning so maybe the laugh is earned, but the direction may have come from Bowman so...

I just need them to write Castle as more than the (dumb) comic relief or punching bag.  Sure I laughed at Castle too in the early seasons, but somewhere along the way, it got a lot less funny when others were laughing at him.  They lost the balance to the character.  It's not laughing at him that makes him appealing.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 4
How about the time jump being at the end of the first episode. Castle is found relatively quickly after a few days, you still have the element of anguish over his disappearance but not as emotionally scarring as had it been months, followed by the investigation of why whatever happened.

Didn't Marlowe say something about how Alexis and Martha would struggle because a long investigation hadn't lead to any answers? That suggests the jump is before he is found, but I suppose it could be after if it is about trying to find out what happens.

And what about Beckett's hair? Does anybody know when it got shorter from bts pics of Stana?

I really consider this question as important as any other.  Does she cut it to show her grief? Kind of like the opposite of the theory about her growing it out because of Castle. Does she cut it once he is back to  show a fresh start? Does it get damaged by this new mythology and she HAS to cut it.  Will it go back and forth from short to long because they film out of order and they don't care about continuity? I'm really curious.

I really consider this question as important as any other.  Does she cut it to show her grief? Kind of like the opposite of the theory about her growing it out because of Castle. Does she cut it once he is back to  show a fresh start? Does it get damaged by this new mythology and she HAS to cut it.  Will it go back and forth from short to long because they film out of order and they don't care about continuity? I'm really curious.

...or it just shows up with no mention whatsoever! Always a possibility, too!

Does she cut it to show her grief? Kind of like the opposite of the theory about her growing it out because of Castle. Does she cut it once he is back to  show a fresh start? Does it get damaged by this new mythology and she HAS to cut it.  Will it go back and forth from short to long because they film out of order and they don't care about continuity?

Or is it not even mentioned?  I wouldn't be surprised if it's not, just like none of Beckett's other multitude of hairstyles never warranted any mention (except in" Still ", of course).  As much as we viewers may place emphasis on Beckett's hair, I wonder if the writers would feel chopping inches off really merits any character development...even if it seems obvious to us to offer some given the circumstances of the episode. 

If I had to guess where in the episode it's shorter?  After the time jump to further illustrate time passing.

ETA:  Ha!  WendyCR2 beat me to it. :)

Edited by rspad

That actually fills me with a touch of trepidation at this point.  Says a lot about where I see the show at.  

It's written by Rob Hanning so maybe the laugh is earned, but the direction may have come from Bowman so...

I just need them to write Castle as more than the (dumb) comic relief or punching bag.  Sure I laughed at Castle too in the early seasons, but somewhere along the way, it got a lot less funny when others were laughing at him.  They lost the balance to the character.  It's not laughing at him that makes him appealing.

You summed up my feelings (& trepidation) about that tweet perfectly. I also glanced at some of the replies to it and several folks made similar comments.  I'm not sure TPTB will ever realize how much some fans really don't like how they write/treat Castle now.  :-/ 

• Love 1

Interesting:

"With Castle creator Andrew W. Marlowe and consulting producer Terri Edda Miller on board to serve as executive producers, ABC is in the early stages of developing a new series based on Derrick Storm, the P.I.-turned-CIA freelancer that serves as the focus of Rick’s other bread-and-butter, our sister site Variety reports."

I've never read the Derrick Storm books so ...

Which is why I laughed at the line from the article that says "The show has a dedicated fan base that have pushed the “Derrick Storm” novels to best-seller status." Um, I don't know very many Castle fans who have read the books like they do the Nikki Heat series (as your post proves, lol). 

This made me chuckle too..."The project is not envisioned as a “Castle” spinoff, however." I'm sure that's not the intent, but c'mon. How do they expect viewers to NOT see it as some kind of twisted spinoff of the show. 

I guess this replaces the Philip Marlowe show idea Marlowe and Terri did have last spring? Not really why this one feels more like a winner. The books are all right, but translating them to a TV series feels like a big task ahead. lol 

For anyone wondering if the actors can bring the heat and use the words Always, it's in the clip below. It's actually the closest thing I've found to the Scene, but of course the link below is way, way longer and 50 pounds ago for some. It's worth watching. All Fillion fans should check it out. You guys will love it.

http://youtu.be/OKQVHQRi_Qo

Which is why I laughed at the line from the article that says "The show has a dedicated fan base that have pushed the “Derrick Storm” novels to best-seller status." Um, I don't know very many Castle fans who have read the books like they do the Nikki Heat series (as your post proves, lol).

This made me chuckle too..."The project is not envisioned as a “Castle” spinoff, however." I'm sure that's not the intent, but c'mon. How do they expect viewers to NOT see it as some kind of twisted spinoff of the show.

I guess this replaces the Philip Marlowe show idea Marlowe and Terri did have last spring? Not really why this one feels more like a winner. The books are all right, but translating them to a TV series feels like a big task ahead. lol

Oh brother.

This sounds like a nightmare. I would have preferred the Phillip Marlowe idea and I wasn't all that keen on that. Why in the hell would he want to rehash the mess he's made with this show with the same basic material? I know he wants to go the way of Hart Hanson, but the fact is he isn't even Hart Hanson, much as he clowned on him back in the day. Joke's on you, Hacklowe. Have fun when critics and viewers look back on this mess and replace the Moonlighting curse with the Castle curse.

Edited by Elysium1973
  • Love 1

It's funny, you could almost do a crossover by having Castle and Beckett go to the set of the new Derrick Storm series.

There are always moment in this show where it seems like they want to be a spy show so I get why the producers would like the idea. 

Yeah right, they're totally relying on the Castle interest to get this baby going because they've got nothing otherwise.

So this is the project Marlowe and his wife had cooking? They had one good idea and he had to go back to the Castle well for inspiration and dredge something loosely related out of there to tempt the network. I guess the other ideas weren't that hot, seems like that "sexy" "sophisticated" Philip Marlowe show got the thumbs down. 

As I have no intention of watching a MilMar inspired production ever again after the way they've jerked me around, this is one less viewer they don't have to worry about impressing.

I've never touched the Derrick Storm books, got no inclination to do so but I guess they're hoping that the Castle audience will be keen to give this spin off a try . They'll have to hit gold again with the casting because they won't have Stana and Nathan around to add that all important magic and distract away from their writing discrepancies.

Edited by verdana

I saw that tweet and groaned, thought exactly the same thing. Castle has sadly become the butt of jokes not the generator of them and that's not funny (to me) but the writers increasingly seem to think so. I don't understand why TPTB think this is remotely appealing because it's a giant turn off and I know I'm not alone in feeling that way. Worryingly I strongly suspect that Nathan seems to encourage it where he can which might work if his character was being made to look strong in other areas and wasn't already being used as an emotional punch bag by everyone.  It's not funny trying to bring Castle down a peg or two when he's already laying in the gutter. 

As for Kate's hair it would be typical of TPTB to miss the obvious chance to incorporate the change into the show in a truly organic way due to what she's going through.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

If you look at one part of their demographic (women of a certain age who grew up on great shows like Moonlighting, Remington Steele, and, in a few cases, Little House on the Prairie) who are mostly watching because of the chemistry between (or that was between) Fillion and Stana, I think you're dropping numbers at the outset because Derek Storm didn't have a love interest, did he?

And didn't RC kill off the character because he was rubbish? I mean, you go into the pilot knowing the character is dead. Personally I have no interest in any of the books, especially if they have nothing to do with Castle/Caskett. I agree that MilMar are really scrapping the bottom of the creative tank with this news. I also find it interesting that they aren't writing the pilot. Probably ABC has figured out their writing skills leave something to be desired.

Edited by Elysium1973

I will admit to having read the Derek Storm books. They aren't great but they're not awful. Derek Storm has plenty of love interests including Clara Strike who was based on Sophia the CIA agent. Not quite sure there's enough to fill at 22 episode season but as a mid-season filler it might work. 

OK, this feels waaaay too meta to me...and, yeah.

ABC Developing ‘Derrick Storm’ Series Based on Richard Castle Novels

Not sure what other words I have for this news. lol

My thoughts were... oh, this is going to make Richard Castle even richer, oops I mean Marlowe.  It's all meta. ;)  Also, how much more pulp can they squeeze out of Castle?  Maybe if all else fails in a few years, they can rehire Nathan and Stana to do a Nikki Heat series.  it would be like Castle all over again except the names so they could save on a lot of the writing. ;)

Derrick Storm sounds like another COTW procedural, except with the CIA instead of the NYPD, and no doubt there will be a built in WT/WT with Clara Strike, his handler.  Most likely there will be a tech guy or girl aka Tory too. ;)  There will be Derrick's boss at the CIA too of course, who may or may not be a bad guy.  Derrick will be a smartass as Castle was in his conception, a guy who doesn't always play by the rules but he's bloody good at his job.  Maybe haunted by a tragic past with dead parents or a dead partner when he got something wrong. The show will be darker (but not really, 'cause it's Marlowe on network TV) and Marlowe can explore his grand (but not really) CIA conspiracies and linchpin theories (techno babble babble) to his heart's content.  And I say all this without having read any of the Derrick Storm books.  Marlowe may surprise me yet but I doubt his series will be that original.  May just be a pale imitator of Alias.  They'll need to hit casting gold like they did with Nathan and Stana, but I don't know how much of the Castle audience would be willing to watch a rehash of a Castle like series again.  Marlowe's writing of his 'grander' episodes with CIA theories and saving the world stuff did not impress me so good luck crafting those kinds of episodes every week.

Side note: the writers and directors and show creators who have impressed me to the extent where I will always check out their new work (even if the subject matter does not automatically appeal) tend to be the ones who are capable of creating very diverse new universes with every project they take on.  And bring the same high quality and originality and attention to characterisation to them that impressed me about their work in the first place.  We'll see with Marlowe's new project but on the evidence of Castle alone, he doesn't fall into this category for me.

It's not inconceivable that an author would resurrect a character from the dead, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle famously did that with Sherlock Holmes.  But when Castle brought back Derrick Storm (yes, I realise both are fictional!), I was mainly thinking Marlowe's trying to make more $$ off this.  Not faulting him, just saying.  Castle said he was bored of writing the character in the pilot and he continues to show every sign of being fulfilled by writing Nikki Heat, so why bring Storm back and where does he find the time to write another series on top of everything else?  Not that the show ever pays any attention to fictional Castle's writing career, except to pimp out whatever real world novel/graphic novel.  

Didn't Gina blame Castle for killing Storm in the most irreversible way ever by putting a bullet between his eyes in the pilot?  If so, curious to know how Storm was 'resurrected'.  Clone? ;)  

• Love 1

For anyone wondering if the actors can bring the heat and use the words Always, it's in the clip below. It's actually the closest thing I've found to the Scene, but of course the link below is way, way longer and 50 pounds ago for some.

Thanks for the clip, Elysium1973. Yes, it is a great scene. But Nathan looks absolutely boyish. How old was he, anyway? I actually prefer him a little heavier and a little scruffier, ala Season 1 Castle. In this clip, his features look too big for his face. And where are his lips? They certainly don't look that thin anymore.

Personally I have no interest in any of the books, especially if they have nothing to do with Castle/Caskett.

I agree. I have zero interest in the Derrick Storm books. Even when Castle talks about the DS books on the show, I only like those scenes because he mentions going into some crazy New York City underworld or dealing with dangerous people for his research.

Edited by topanga

Thanks for that clip too, Elysium.  First time I've watched Nathan on the OLTL.  First time I've watched OLTL actually.  Cheesy as hell of course, but a lot of the Caskett dialogue we get these days is fairly cheesy too.  They can do all that on daytime television?  Why do we not even get a fraction of that kind of a scene (not one as lengthy on a primetime show of course) on Castle, a 10 p.m. show? ;)  I mean, actual kissing and snuggling and nuzzling in bed.  It's really not that hard.  They don't even have to write dialogue if they don't want to. ;)  Can't believe we've still had no actual snuggling (or even real spooning) between them in 2 seasons of being together!  Sigh.  I would have actually preferred a more romantic morning after to the comedic slant that we got complete with interrupted kiss, especially if I'd known that would be only 1 of 2 times we'd ever see them half naked in bed together. ;)

I agree with topanga.  I think Nathan looked his best when he was a bit older and more filled out and scruffier like in S1/2, but more slimmed down than the present.  His voice sounds much higher in that clip.  

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1
Can't believe we've still had no actual snuggling (or even real spooning) between them in 2 seasons of being together!  Sigh.  I would have actually preferred a more romantic morning after to the comedic slant that we got complete with interrupted kiss, especially if I'd known that would be only 1 of 2 times we'd ever see them half naked in bed together. ;)

I'd give anything to see some genuine snuggling in bed together rather than continue to see them arranged laughably stiffly side by side with acres of sheets carefully folded down between them or supposedly "together" in bed but arranged oh so awkwardly with a separate space still clearly between and arms either hidden out of sight or awkwardly touching in such a bizarrely posed way it takes me out the scene.  

I saw this gif on tumblr posted by a Chuck fan my favourite one here. I immediately thought of how great it would be to see Caskett behaving like this in one of their morning introductions in the loft. The second one actually reminds me a little of the great EW photo shoot that happened back in S4.  That's the kind of thing I wanted to continue with on the show. Sexy, light and playful. Surely this wouldn't offend anyone's delicate sensibilities and would fit with a show that Marlowe has referred to in the past as a grand love story. I don't understand why it is impossible for TPTB to allow the audience to see them acting this way on a regular basis! They're not even kissing but this feels like normal loving couple behaviour that would surely be fit enough for network TV and it's much better than anything MilMar have given me in the last few seasons when it comes to Castle and Beckett in the bedroom.  It's depressing that an 8 p.m. show albeit on a different network are willing to show more genuine intimacy than Castle can manage despite going out 2 hours later. 

Here's another gif of Chuck and Sarah together in bed, again nothing remotely risqué about it all, this time he gently kisses her head and it's far more touching than the bloody forehead kisses Marlowe seem to enjoy Castle giving Beckett like she's a child or a pet. 

Edited by verdana

I was on Amazon the other day. Wonder of wonders one of the suggested DVDs was Season 6 Castle (shaking fist at Amazon spyware and it's ability to trap my Google searches).

Anyway, I clicked in and saw that there were already a few reviews so I read them. Amazingly one reviewer felt Castle was too racy because Alexis and Pi lived together. I am slightly of the mind that Marlowe really does keep Castle "clean" for certain viewers and that's why bed scenes are so tame.

[Edit: Not trying to minimize people's concerns about the lack of couple-ey moments. I agree, even the tame moments are lacking]

I've never read the Derek Storm novels (because we know they end with Derek killed, right?) However, I really like the plot line, and think it would make great TV as long as they don't kill Derek off after a season! I suspect I won't watch because of my extraordinary faith in Marlowe's ability to hook you in and then ruin a show. But I wouldn't be surprised if the show was a hit...at least for awhile.

Edited by TVWithPity

Olivia and Fitz One Minute Couch scene, on SCANDAL.  One whole minute w. no dialogue and they filled that space w. such love, intimacy, yearning, and just an embrace.  So Marlowe can miss me w. the chase bullshit that he passes off as intimacy, romance w. Castle & Beckett. I'm not asking for them to screw on every available surface ... what Im asking for is intimacy, love, and for these two people who love each other to show it and act like it. 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 2

Olivia and Fitz One Minute Couch scene, on SCANDAL.  One whole minute w. no dialogue and they filled that space w. such love, intimacy, yearning, and just an embrace.  So Marlowe can miss me w. the chase bullshit that he passes off as intimacy, romance w. Castle & Beckett. I'm not asking for them to screw on every available surface ... what Im asking for is intimacy, love, and for these two people who love each other to show it and act like it.

Denny and the LVAD incident on Greys and the baby stolen from the womb on Private Practice turned me off Shonda Rhimes for good. I didn't consider those story lines entertaining at all. That said, I think she's a way better show runner than Marlowe.

I guess you have to know the characters to get the love, intimacy, yearning vibe from that clip. I didn't feel it, didn't forget they were actors playing a part.

Edited by TVWithPity

Anyway, I clicked in and saw that there were already a few reviews so I read them. Amazingly one reviewer felt Castle was too racy because Alexis and Pi lived together. I am slightly of the mind that Marlowe really does keep Castle "clean" for certain viewers and that's why bed scenes are so tame.

Wow. Okay. I guess Castle and Beckett snuggling up in bed is a definite no-no then.

Jonathan Frakes when he was directing an episode did say that Castle is an "old fashioned" show and others have said similar things but I wouldn't call what I'm seeing as them even trying to be old fashioned, I find their behaviour and the way they go about dealing with them as a couple at times just plain odd.

Not that I'm expecting anything remotely like Scandal or Grey's Anatomy to wind up on Castle but the kind of thing you see on a show like Chuck I don't see why not. 

Edited by verdana