Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Tory the Tech Girl baffled me, they didn't need her skills (Ryan did that job) and they didn't use her for anything else either so why did they bring her in? I'd love to ask them. 

Castle the character has always coasted on charisma (it's one reason that had me watching from the pilot), but has he become more bland because there are no "rough edges to his character"?  Is that what they'll be trying to do with him this season with a hint at secrets?

I found they slowly took away that edge he had especially with Beckett which really worked for me, I liked it when he poked and prodded and made her less composed around him and even unsettled occasionally. Now he's just dutiful and passive and the charisma has waned too, it's as if the tepid writing for the character has drained the natural charisma out of Fillion, like a slow puncture.

I still feel it's too late to be finding out anything that serious or surprising about Richard Castle in S7, most TV shows would have already shed far more light on the character by this stage. Surely there can't be too many new mysterious secrets to come out the woodwork which are going to seem plausible that they were held back from everyone until now? May be they figured to give the character a boost after growing fan complaints, a short sharp injection of "new mythology" was required which would balance the scales and then everything can go back to normal. 

Edited by verdana
The entire proposal scene didn't work. In the first they both looked utterly miserable and she was close to crying. I wouldn't want the moment a guy proposed to look like we were about to break up.  In 6.01 the way they had Beckett telling him she was taking the job vexed me, so whilst it was much lighter and more romantic in tone it didn't push the right buttons emotionally when I later watched the whole thing and left a bad taste.

It was made very clear that Beckett viewed the situation as either/or, she didn't believe she could have both and wasn't even going to try. It was also clear she was taking the job which was tantamount to ending the relationship. For all the AWM bluster and the supportive job story quotes from SK, they weren't showing a modern woman, they were showing women of decades ago, when career success meant sacrifices in their personal life. Every compromise they had Castle make only served to make Beckett appear more self-absorbed. Right up to her “I don't know what to do” even after he nearly died she wasn't going to give an inch and Castle was doing all the work keeping the relationship alive. The true modern woman take would have been open discussion about options and a lot of effort on her part to recognize the compromises her partner was making for her career. We got selfish Beckett & doormat Castle.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

As far as Caskett goes I think they stopped it once they were together because it was part of the way they flirted during the WT/WT.

I loved though in Murder He Wrote how it was like foreplay for them.

It was their way of flirting and their foreplay, I agree. I still think they can do it and still be a form of foreplay .. w the exception that once they leave work, they can actually act on it.  It was done well in "Secret's Safe With Me. Also as you mentioned it was done in Murder, He Wrote well too .. total foreplay. 

Edited by Samantha84

I often wondered how SS felt after being side-lined for most of the season and having lines that could have went to her go to Tech Girl.  I can't believe she was happy (I wouldn't have been).

There is no reason why they still can't have the verbal foreplay, there are quite a few of fans who miss that aspect of their relationship and wonder why they never do it any more. Samantha's right the only difference should be now they can act on it whilst before they couldn't . That was one of the problems I've had with how they've portrayed their relationship since they've got together. A lot of the things they used to do which generated heat and tension they've stopped doing but since you don't see them doing anything else other than some rather stilted kissing occasionally it makes the relationship feel rather flat and lifeless. The teasing, the verbal foreplay the heated looks...they should all still be there if not heightened because they're now together and openly in love. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I've nothing against the actress but I couldn't less about Tory, no good dumping a recurring character into the show but giving her nothing do to but spout dry exposition every other week.  The writers have to make me care and that means fleshing out her character a little more and obviously they didn't want to do that so get rid of her you're wasting precious screen time. It was especially annoying given the show's treatment of the established secondary cast.  Tamala and Susan had every right to be fed up last season, they were lucky if they got a line each per episode. 

As far as Caskett goes I think they stopped it once they were together because it was part of the way they flirted during the WT/WT.

I know it was how they flirted, I just don't think people have to stop being flirty once they are together.

Yeah now they can act on it and I wonder if that's why they pulled back on it during the cases because now they can do it out right.

But we don't see them do it out right either :)

To borrow Stana's famous words .. I miss the Castle/Beckett swordplay! It can still happen now that their together .. hotter, in fact. Since Marlowe & Co. seem to be shy at showing them being intimate, this could be their foreplay, their intimacy. Add a few kisses and some innuendo and boom! It can't be that hard for adults to write this! 

• Love 3

It was made very clear that Beckett viewed the situation as either/or, she didn't believe she could have both and wasn't even going to try. It was also clear she was taking the job which was tantamount to ending the relationship.

I agree that Beckett saw the situation as either/or, but I still don't think it's all on her. I saw it as she thought it was either/or, but only because she had already decided the outcome - he probably wasn't going to be happy with long distance and if they tried, it was likely they were going to both be hurt in the process. And because Beckett does everything she can to keep herself from being hurt (an attribute to her mom's murder, probably), that's what forced it to become black or white. The job was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Her relationship with Castle is great, but he's more and more disinterested lately and now she's throwing long distance into the mix and to her, that's a recipe for disaster. But him proposing, complete with a speech about not doing it because he was trying to get her to stay, was what convinced her she could have both. Beckett's always been pretty selfish and guarded in her personal life, so I don't see this as any different.

The teasing, the verbal foreplay the heated looks...they should all still be there if not heightened because they're now together and openly in love.

Sure, but at what point does it cross the line into unprofessional? I think there's a different dynamic that's in play if people are actually together to where they feel like they have to hold back. It's one thing to have people look and say "oh, that's just how they are" and having people look and say "oh, they're together so that's how they must be".

I'm not saying I wouldn't like more of the fun and the flirty, though. I'm just kinda playing devil's advocate.

• Love 2
Where did I say they should stop flirting or didn't need to because they were together?

I know you didn't say that, I was just commenting generally about the writers' choice..

Sure, but at what point does it cross the line into unprofessional? I think there's a different dynamic that's in play if people are actually together to where they feel like they have to hold back.

That's why we need more episodes like Murder He Wrote.

I agree about the unprofessional thing, but it would be nice to see them get started because they can't help themselves and then have to pull back.  Like Secret's Safe With Me.

• Love 2

Some more pictures taken by eager fans today of Nathan during filming #7.02.

Fans Nathan Fillion @Nathan_F_Fans  ·  2h
RT "@breathe_life_in: How many selfies can @NathanFillion take in one minute? pic.twitter.com/XiVc3TZ1vY"

Fans Nathan Fillion @Nathan_F_Fans  ·  2h
RT "@breathe_life_in: @NathanFillion Can we take a selfie? (Too late to say "no") pic.twitter.com/xpIGT4iRdf"

Retweeted by Fans Nathan Fillion
María José @ALCALDEJOS  ·  2h
#NathanFillion con los fans en el rodaje de #Castle.  I love him
@FansOfFillion @Nathan_F_Fans pic.twitter.com/wutNBv1iWC

Was it like this least season at the start with fans around them on location every day? I know there was the pictures taken of them at the swings kissing that were splashed all over the place but it seems every day now when they're outside fans are waiting for them.

Edited by verdana

NF is so nice to the fans - I don't even see the secondary characters giving the time he does to interact.  It kind of po's me when people say he doesn't care about Castle and yet he is the guy who time and time again engages the fans.  Nice guy.

I have a feeling someone owed Tech-Girl a huge favor - that's all I can come up with.

I kind of like Tech-Girl.  I think she does more than Ryan used to, he would definitely look at some digital stuff, but Torri seems like she can actually do more hacking-level things.  Not that she actually hacks, at least I hope the NYPD doesn't do that.

I think we see them flirt out right. The engagement announcement episode and "the font" come to mind. I know there have been more but I understand people want to see more of it regardless. I'm good either way.

Yeah, we do and I loved both of those scenes.  But the theory building scenes were what I loved most about the show in the early seasons and I just wish we'd see more of them.

It can't be that hard for adults to write this!

Especially since many of the writers are married themselves. Those must be very dull homelives.

Geez, DH and I still flirt and we've been married for 46 years. That's why we grownups tell our children 'marry someone who makes you laugh.'

Edited by femmefan1946
  • Love 1

That man's only in Episode 2.

I remembered that from TV Line: Castle will return with a two-parter, and to that end is casting the guest-starring role of “Henry,” a highly intelligent yet unassuming gent who’s deft at blending into a crowd.

We know it won't really be a two-parter but that Henry guy could fit. Does someone know who the actor is ? I don't think I've seen him before.

I remembered that from TV Line: Castle will return with a two-parter, and to that end is casting the guest-starring role of “Henry,” a highly intelligent yet unassuming gent who’s deft at blending into a crowd.

We know it won't really be a two-parter but that Henry guy could fit. Does someone know who the actor is ? I don't think I've seen him before.

Well the guy that's in that scene isn't Henry, but that's all I honestly know (well more speculation on my behalf) regarding those two characters (that and Henry was mentioned by TV Line for Episode 1 so I don't think we'd have a scene like that in Episode 2 if that was the case going by their info).

I forgot to add, that I don't have the Twitter link, but someone took a pic of NF with Matt Letscher on set the other day - so we know he'll be in the episode too.

Edited by Nadine

Has this been posted?  Nothing really new but... bolded bits my own.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/PhotoGallery/2014-Returning-Fall-Shows-1084772/1084785

ETA: Oops, just realised Verdana posted in the other thread.  Still, if anyone has any ideas about these new revelations about Castle...

Castle (ABC)
Premieres: Monday, Sept. 29 at 10/9c

Where We Left Off: Castle and Beckett overcame countless obstacles to officially end Beckett's (previously unknown) marriage to her ex-boyfriend. Before the happy couple could walk down the aisle, someone driving an SUV seemed to run Castle off the road, leaving behind only his flaming car when Beckett arrived on the scene.
What's Next: Of course, Castle isn't dead — creator Andrew W. Marlowe won't even characterize it as a near-death experience — but exactly who is behind the "accident"? New showrunner David Amann promises it's not connected to such familiar faces as Bracken or 3XK. "The mythology we're getting into is going to go past all that into some new territory," he says. "Those are all fair game, but it's not going to be what the opening of the season is about." Instead, look for this ordeal to unearth details about Castle that perhaps the mystery novelist never even knew about himself. And how will Beckett react to the revelations? "Things that are going to come to light that are going to be unsettling for Beckett," Amann teases. "But we're committed to that relationship. She loves this guy. These are things that are part of who he is. I don't think what happened to Castle is going to disrupt the trajectory of that relationship, at least not in the long term."

What mysterious details about himself could Castle possibly never have known about?  That he was a descendant of a founding member of a secret society of time travelling Santas? ;)  But seriously, I have no idea.  His Dad's already a spy.  He had a CIA muse who turned out to be a traitor.  What's next?  He has a genetic mutation?  "Unsettling" doesn't exactly bode well for these revelations being good things.

AM, not a "near death experience", really?  A near wedding experience then, I guess? ;)  Guess this explains why there'll probably be no post incident trauma. ;) 

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

Oh sorry missed that bit! Thought it was the same old guff from the previous interviews. That's new. 

Never even knew about himself? Oh boy that sounds like bad news to me, like "Castle discovers he has a secret love child" kind of news.

I swear if Marlowe goes there they might as well move this show to daytime TV because we're firmly in soap opera territory by that point,

Edited by verdana

I posted it in the media thread and didn't notice that new bit, my eyes glazed over when I saw the word "mythology" and I thought heard all this before! That'll teach me. 

What mysterious details about himself could Castle possibly never have known about?  That he was a descendant of a founding member of a secret society of time travelling Santas? ;)  But seriously, I have no idea.  His Dad's already a spy.  He had a CIA muse who turned out to be a traitor.  What's next?  He has a genetic mutation?  "Unsettling" doesn't exactly bode well for these revelations being good things.

How about a love child? Fits perfectly as something he wouldn't necessarily be aware of, either that or Castle has a twin brother and Martha was keeping it a secret all along, I can't think of anything else. It can't mean anything good, if you get to the point where even the character doesn't know so it's coming totally out of left field for everyone then I sense the writers are in trouble. Although I note it's not Marlowe or Amann saying that but the author. The genetic mutation might work though, it could explain quite a lot.  

Edited by verdana
I swear if Marlowe goes there they might as well move this show to daytime TV because we're firmly in soap opera territory by that point

At least Nathan Fillion, Seamus Dever, and Susan Sullivan would be returning to their roots then!  :-P

• Love 1

How about a love child? Fits perfectly as something he wouldn't necessarily be aware of, either that or Castle has a twin brother and Martha was keeping it a secret all along, I can't think of anything else. It can't mean anything good, if you get to the point where even the character doesn't know so it's coming totally out of left field for everyone then I sense the writers are in trouble. Although I note it's not Marlowe or Amann saying that but the author. The genetic mutation might work though, it could explain quite a lot.

Not another thing the show shares with Gilmore Girls please! No long lost kid noone knew about.

He was once abducted by aliens or cloned. He belongs to the orphan black family

Will Castle have amnesia on Castle? — Crystal, via Twitter

Unlikely. In fact, given creator Andrew W. Marlowe's refusal to characterize the events of the season finale as a "near-death experience," we're not certain Castle was even seriously injured. But Castle will certainly need all his wits to piece together exactly what's happened and why. "There are going to be some unanswered questions and some really great mysteries that Castle himself is going to be investigating moving forward," executive producer David Amann teases. Adds Marlowe: "Why does he do what does? Why is he interested in murder? What has gone on in his past? These are rich questions we haven't really explored." Pretty hard to do some soul-searching if you can't remember anything!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-True-Blood-Once-Spoilers-1085293.aspx

What do you call a car trying to run you off the road and said car ending up on fire in a ditch if not a 'near death experience'?  Unless Castle really planned it all (I hope not).

Are they finally going to delve into Castle's interest in the macabre?  Though his story about the boy on the beach in S2 to Beckett may (or may not) have been made up as he said, I thought he was being truthful to Alexis later on when he said that a reason he wrote murder mysteries was to find out how people could be capable of committing those heinous acts.

Castle's not going to turn into Dexter, I hope...

And a definite NO to secret love child.  I don't think the show could survive that.

ut seriously, I have no idea.  His Dad's already a spy.  He had a CIA muse who turned out to be a traitor.  What's next?  He has a genetic mutation?  "Unsettling" doesn't exactly bode well for these revelations being good things.

Maybe his dad's actually a spy from another planet.  So Castle is only half human.  That would be new and certainly fits into the category of unsettling for Beckett.  And we haven't done an alien-themed episode since S3.

But seriously, I don't know what Castle could not know about himself unless it is something connected to his family background.  Unless he was brainwashed into forgetting something that happened as a kid

Maybe his dad's actually a spy from another planet.  So Castle is only half human.  That would be new and certainly fits into the category of unsettling for Beckett.  And we haven't done an alien-themed episode since S3.

Castle could finally have his longed for space wedding! 

But seriously, I don't know what Castle could not know about himself unless it is something connected to his family background.  Unless he was brainwashed into forgetting something that happened as a kid

Is this show really turning into Alias? ;)

Hmm...  could there be some unsolved murder in Castle's past that he witnessed as a child and he blocked it out to forget the trauma and sublimated that into writing about murder?  And somehow that murderer thinks Castle is now a threat to him/her?  Why now?  Would this be unsettling to Beckett?  Could Castle be unsure about whether he actually was the murderer (I think this might be a bit too much) or just a witness to one?

Edited by madmaverick
Could Castle be unsure about whether he actually was the murderer (I think this might be a bit too much) or just a witness to one?

That actually could work if done well.  Assuming Castle didn't actually commit the murder and just is confused.  But didn't they do an episode where a guy was having flashbacks to a murder he witnessed and that led to his murder.  In Demons, I think.

Because they could get back to the question about him being so interested in murder and why he gets such a rush from solving them.

Is this show really turning into Alias? ;)

In its dreams.

But ABC already has one show blatantly steal plots from Alias, Castle should find another show to steal from.

Edited by KaveDweller
But ABC already has one show blatantly steal plots from Alias, Castle should find another show to steal from.

Bones? Haha.  Which ABC show are you thinking of?

At least they didn't bring Johanna Beckett back from the dead! 

Castle having darker impulses is an intriguing idea, but I'm not at all sure they could handle it on the show and mesh it well with the lighthearted episodes and his personality as we've known it.

Castle's always had a curious mind, so why would these revelations only be popping up now?  I hope they can explain that plausibly.

Bones? Haha.  Which ABC show are you thinking of?

Scandal.  Their whole plot last season with Oliva's mom coming back from the dead and turning out to be evil is a rehash of everything with Irina on Alias.  And having a father who always seemed distant but is actually an assassin and protecting her from the evil mother is a rehash of Jack. There are certainly worse shows to imitate though, and those were some of the strongest storylines on Alias.

At least they didn't bring Johanna Beckett back from the dead!

That would be beyond jumping the shark.  

Edited by KaveDweller

It was made very clear that Beckett viewed the situation as either/or, she didn't believe she could have both and wasn't even going to try. It was also clear she was taking the job which was tantamount to ending the relationship. For all the AWM bluster and the supportive job story quotes from SK, they weren't showing a modern woman, they were showing women of decades ago, when career success meant sacrifices in their personal life. Every compromise they had Castle make only served to make Beckett appear more self-absorbed. Right up to her “I don't know what to do” even after he nearly died she wasn't going to give an inch and Castle was doing all the work keeping the relationship alive. The true modern woman take would have been open discussion about options and a lot of effort on her part to recognize the compromises her partner was making for her career. We got selfish Beckett & doormat Castle.

It was actually a Castle who pretty much made it an either/or situation. Kate hadn't even thought of how the job would have affected he relationship, other than, as per her convo with Lanie, that it would mean that her and Castle would have to talk about where their relationship was heading. When Castle found out about the interview, HE was the one that said if she took the job, their relationship would be over because they would never see each other. When talking to her dad, she said that he was right...that she would be too busy with a new job, etc. Given that she hadn't really given it much thought (I don't think she wanted think about it so kept telling herself she wouldn't get the job) and Castle's response had no offer to try to make it work (understandably he was upset and not thinking beyond his initial emotional reaction), it doesn't seem that she made a huge jump to think that she couldn't have both.

I'm not sure what you expected her to do when things did prove too difficult after a few months on the job? Was she supposed to quit? Ask for more time off from her brand new job? As long as she had that job, there were not a lot of "inches" for her to give. The only thing that really would have made a difference was Castle moving to Washington, which I can understand why she wouldn't suggest on her own given that his daughter and mother are in New York. The solution had to come from him.

We don't know what Kate was going to say when she got to the swings, other than to apologize for keeping her interview a secret and likely to say that she was going to accept the job. I personally doubt that she was going to say "I'm taking the job. I guess we're breaking up." We'll never know because Castle spoke first, but I like to think she was going to tell him she wanted to take the job but also wanted to try to make it work with Castle. She was afraid, based on Castle's previous reaction, that Castle was going to say it was him or the job.

I wanted to hate the proposal. I really did. I'm sure we all had this grand romantic proposal in mind and what we got certainly didn't fit that. However, at the end of the day, Castle's proposal showed Kate that he was absolutely committed to making it work with her, which was exactly what their relationship needed at that point. After thinking about, I decided that there is really nothing more romantic than someone saying, "Yes, this is hard and it is going to get harder, but I love you and can't imagine my life without you, so I'm committed to making it work."

• Love 5

And a definite NO to secret love child. I don't think the show could survive that.

Lol...it would be such a ridiculous story because what would the point even be? Castle already has a child so it is not like realizing his role as a father would be a huge part of it. Yes, there'd be a little bit of an emotional impact on him and Beckett, but I couldn't see it having a major impact on anyone other than another person to build a relationship with. Someone mentioned Gilmore Girls, and my goodness, that storyline was so illogical and frustrating. The problem wasn't that Luke had a daughter he didn't know about it. The problem was that they made Luke into an idiot who didn't seem he could be married and have a child at the same time. Even though his future wife had a child of her and got along well with said long-lost child. Ugh...rant over

I like the suggestion that perhaps Castle witnessed something when he was younger and doesn't remember it. That said, it would have to be really well-written to make sense and answer all the questions that we're all asking. Why is Castle suddenly a threat now, would be the first thing that comes to mind. Though I'd be just as happy if they carried on with COTW and the relationship aspect with extra "mythology", Marlowe seems to like having something to simmer on the back burner and I'll admit that the storyline of Beckett's mom's murder was one of the things that hooked me when I first marathon watched seasons 1-3,

So apparently some photos were accidentally leaked by a magazine and some people are refusing to take them down? I can't find them but the ironic thing is that, like most times when things are mistakenly posted or leaked, I found out about it through the pearl clutching, high horse people on Twitter. I would have had no idea if not for them scolding the "perps."

ETA: oh I guess it's pics of Stana in Florence and the magazine needs them taken down in order to print them later.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame

I shouldn't laugh but I am b/c it's kinda sad that all of a sudden, 7 seasons in, that they want to explore the why of Castle and his fascination. Jerry Tyson/3XK asked the question of why Castle's drawn to murder way back in season 3 -- early season 3 at that -- and it was left hanging, like the majority of other things, but now Marlowe & Co. think it's time to pull that trigger?!?!? They've had a light bulb moment that 7 seasons in they should explore the background of the lead character of their show. Such ridiculousness. I can't. 

• Love 4

If there is a secret love child, I think I'll just pretend that Veritas is the series finale. 

Talked to my mother about what Castle doesn't possibly know about himself and she immediately said 'Alexis isn't his'. But they wouldn't go there, right? Right? 

Yeah, they would.  I was thinking the whole Alexis thing might be the case.  Annoying as heck, but it really would be about the only thing I can think of that wouldn't be so far out in left field... of course, they love pulling things out of their arses...

Both “secret lovechild” and “Alexis” don’t really fit the description/ criteria of the new “mythology” though.

Beckett’s going to be unsettled (would maybe fit with the secret lovechild but not really with Alexis --it would be Alexis to whom it's unsettling news), Castle not remembering anything about “it” (though I don’t know if that’s supposed to be the past or the present), unanswered questions and Castle investigating leading to "Why does he do what does? Why is he interested in murder?”.  And isn’t Castle supposed to be gone for some time after his car crash?

It sounds like this new arc is something out of the left field, but despite of it I can’t say I’m unenthused about it.

What do you call a car trying to run you off the road and said car ending up on fire in a ditch if not a 'near death experience'?  Unless Castle really planned it all (I hope not).

An uncontrolled vehicular journey into bumpy terrain with flammable after effects.

No amnesia for Castle huh? So that's one soap opera cliche I can ignore. Good.

I've been wanting to find out why Castle writes about murder ever since he teased Beckett about it with that story about the dead boy on the beach, not to mention Jerry Tyson's face off with Castle in the hotel room. They're about three seasons too late with all this of course, I just hope what I find out was worth the wait and it's not yet another "what the hell?" moment.

It comes over like there's little or no decent set up done by the writers for this new mythology.  Guess it depends how good the story is as to whether that's going to bother me. 

Though I'd be just as happy if they carried on with COTW and the relationship aspect with extra "mythology", Marlowe seems to like having something to simmer on the back burner and I'll admit that the storyline of Beckett's mom's murder was one of the things that hooked me when I first marathon watched seasons 1-3,

By the sounds of it, that what they will do, have it there but let it stay in the background so they can carry on with the usual, bring it out when required then bury it again and keep doing that for as long as they want. That's what they've done in the past with all their other story arcs so I don't expect them to change. 

• Love 1

FarGate.RU Exclusive - Q&A with Tahmoh Penikett 

A bit about working with Stana here.

In the TV show «Castle» your character is involved in a very aggressive fight with Kate Beckett on the roof of the building. Was that some kind of nod to the fans of «BG» – reference to the first season episode where Six fighting Eight, or it just a coincidence?

TAHMOH: I think it`s just a coincidence. I love how you die hard BSG fans find the parallels. That was the first day that I truly got to work with Stana Katic. I can honestly say that she is one of the kindest, most charming and hardest working actors i`ve had the pleasure to work with. We were doing a dangerous and complex fight scene 17 floors above Los Angeles and she was a true professional. Stana actually wanted to be the one hanging over the side of the building which one of the Executive Producers and Director of that episode, Rob Bowman, was having nothing of. That said, that was Stana getting thrown to the ground by me and bashed off the wall in the second fight scene.

I'm not surprised Bowman rejected her idea of hanging off a building but good for Stana in being brave enough to suggest it.

Rob kyker @RobKyker  ·  16h
703 production meeting is underway!!
#castleprops

https://twitter.com/RobKyker/status/496794890375004161

This is the Creaseys episode, "Clear and Present Danger" based on Nadine's info.

And confirmation from Rob how many days an episode takes to shoot - 8 usually. 

Rob kyker @RobKyker  ·  15h
“@ohbruther: @RobKyker @CastleFanaticBR Is that filming only?”     Yep, 8 shooting days. We  also have a day of inserts for each episode.

• Love 1

I don't put anything past them since they wrote in Beckett's previous marriage. ;)  Secret "relative" like a murderous half-sibling Castle never knew about or something (Dexter anyone?).  Presumably some new big bad is going to appear in the 2 parter as they bite off more of they mythology.  Murderous half-sibling vampire? Is that better than finding out you once had an ex-wife you'd forgot about? ;)

An uncontrolled vehicular journey into bumpy terrain with flammable after effects.

Ha. I see what you did there.

No amnesia for Castle huh? So that's one soap opera cliche I can ignore. Good.

I wouldn't be completely sure about that since spoilers seem to suggest Castle doesn't know exactly what happened to him, as well as why?

However, at the end of the day, Castle's proposal showed Kate that he was absolutely committed to making it work with her, which was exactly what their relationship needed at that point. After thinking about, I decided that there is really nothing more romantic than someone saying, "Yes, this is hard and it is going to get harder, but I love you and can't imagine my life without you, so I'm committed to making it work."

I agree that an expression of commitment was what the relationship needed at that point, and I wanted to see one, but I wish it didn't culminate in the least romantic proposal ever.  It wasn't the right time or place for a proposal coming off the way they'd handled their conflict.  The proposal was unnecessary imo and I thought it was too soon after what had just happened, but AM obviously wanted that dramatic cliffhanger and that took precedence over any characterisation considerations. ;)  They could have had a heartfelt make-up where Castle offers to move to D.C. with her, and spells out his commitment to her without a proposal, which when it happened, should have been an overwhelmingly joyful and romantic occasion, unsullied by fighting beforehand.

Edited by madmaverick

As for feedback, do people really believe that continuously complaining about things on an online forum is really going to provide feedback to TPTB?  I think ratings are probably their best indicator of whether people are liking their show.  For most people, if they don't like it, they stop watching.  Feedback from critics and the network provides them with an idea of how their story choices are received.  And, yes, fan feedback, to an extent.  But if I were a showrunner and I was looking at a forum or social media outlet for feedback, I'd put a lot more weight in the opinion of someone who has both positive and negative things to say rather than someone who is consistently and repetitively negative in their feedback.  Chances are that person isn't really interested in the story I'm wanting to tell anyway.

Yes, I absolutely believe that the powers that be along with the actors read forums and it may very well change their behavior.  One example.  I stated that a reason why Nathan could very well opt to move on from Castle after Season 7 is that he seems to want to target the younger viewers far-far more than he does the 50+ set (of which I'm a member, and which is a predominant part of the Castle audience).  Thus, with his new-found popularity, he might want to move on to a show that targets his favorite age group, even if it means ending the show called "Castle" and peeving off some of the 50+ crowd.  I also said that even on twitter, he seems to target the younger age folks, and pointed out that I'd never seen him knowingly retweet a fan in the over-50 age group (and I'll add here that I've followed him for years).

Well, about 3 days after I said that, he knowingly retweeted a 50+-year old fan.  Maybe it was a coincidence...but I have reason to wonder and speculate.

And I also remember from a TWOP post that Terri Miller (spelling of her name may be wrong) tweeted that she was sad that TWOP was going away....a statement that could have been sarcasm ;-), but I don't doubt she reads this.

Thanks for making this an entertaining site, people.  While I no longer consider myself really a fan of the show called Castle, I will likely watch in the fall because I enjoy your analysis.  I think Marlow and Co are CRAZY if they don't read you.....YOU all are amazingly interesting and intriguing.

Edited by TVWithPity
  • Love 1

Maybe Marlowe is taking a step back from the show so he has time to keep up with this forum.  I can't imagine he had time to read all the Castle postings on the internet when he was officially showrunner.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 2

By the sounds of it, that what they will do, have it there but let it stay in the background so they can carry on with the usual, bring it out when required then bury it again and keep doing that for as long as they want. That's what they've done in the past with all their other story arcs so I don't expect them to change.

I agree, but I mistyped originally. I'd be absolutely fine with no simmering "mythology" but that doesn't seem like Marlowe's style. I'm OK with something as long as it is interesting and I'm glad they've wrapped up Beckett's mom's murder and hopefully keeping 3xK to a minimum. I think the biggest problem with this mythology they like to add in is that they tend not to carry it over at all to other episodes anymore. At the beginning, even though they only focused on Johanna Beckett a few times a season, it was part of who Beckett was and felt like it had an overall impact on many episodes. The last two seasons, I feel it was "put away" a little too neatly between arc episodes. Just a mention of Castle and Beckett's investigation between ITBOTB and Veritas would have been a way to stop us all from saying "huh?" when Beckett revealed they'd been doing it together for 6 weeks.