Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

The swings have sadly been sullied for me after that horrible proposal in Watershed, I'm not sure how I'd feel about them going back there to get married.  If they do get hitched at that location it would be very difficult to keep it a secret as it's a public park they can't just close the whole thing off, fans are always tracking where the crew are filming they'd be there in droves as soon as the address popped up. I suspect he means elsewhere but enjoys teasing like they all do. However, it's certainly an option to be considered for the future, that seems to be the go to destination for them now when they want a big emotional Caskett moment.  

Meanwhile the ever present Mr Lopes has started his tweeting again teasers from the set, I think the woman on screen is a Beckett stand in. 

John M Lopes @The_JML  ·  Jul 30
Everything's looking good on the set of #Castle #Caskett #Season7 #Alwayshttps://twitter.com/The_JML/status/494491158349770753

(edited)

I see some speculating that there might be a surprise wedding in 702 because AM is writing it, and because Castle seems to be back for a while then and everything is back to normal.  Anyone see an early wedding happening?

No, I still say November sweeps. I don't get the impression they want to fit in a wedding so soon after the premiere and they're also busy trying to set everything in place for all this new mythology business and they need to find Castle. Trying to pack a wedding in there too seems a bit ambitious for these writers to handle, they can barely deal with one story at a time without dropping the ball let alone having to pack a major milestone moment into the episode in a truly satisfying way.  

I hope fans are mistaken about this because if Marlowe is writing the wedding episode if it's anything like his last solo effort (Watershed) I'll probably be totally underwhelmed with the event. Romance is something Marlowe can't seem to get to grips with it clearly makes him uncomfortable, leaving him to write such a vital scene which fans have waited to see for such a long time seems a bad idea. 

Edited by verdana
Is there some ongoing feud between DB and Castle fans? Because this recent tweet had me wondering.

He said something at SDCC that may or may not have been a dig at Castle. ASFAIK he was talking about how good their scripts are and said something like "Our show has bones, we don't live in castles". Now, he may have meant how close to reality their show is (ha), or he may have meant it + used it for making a new jab at Castle, which is plausible knowing the guy's history. I guess he caught some heat for that over the weekend, but I never heard anything. Then yesterday he was scuffling with "damn liberals" about, basically, wanting to go to war with Russia, and suddenly decided to bring up Castle as well (the quoted tweet). May be "attacking liberals" were not enough for him, I don't know. Someone with a stanatic handle and unhealthy attachment to CAPS LOCK told him off with a typical Twitter rudeness, he told off back LOL. IDK if they continued their lovely banter, lost interest. But it's what DB is known for, and loved for in certain quarters. 

The season finale aka part 1 of the proposal wasn't horrible, in my opinion, it wasn't fairytale either. The season premiere aka part 2 pf the proposal was just fine to me. Swings haven't been tainted -- and as much as I hated the finale -- the Hamptons hasn't been either. If a small ceremony took place there it wouldn't make me any never mind. 

But the big question is will the writers take it? Too many times the writers have chosen short term angst over positive character development and strengthening their relationships.

I certainly wouldn’t bet my money on it! I’m just asking myself why they were in such a hurry to bring the Johanna Beckett saga to an end (it felt hurried to me), and why they ended the season with such an “atypical” episode. They could have had their usual short term angst + cliffhanger with a two-parter about Bracken and co. Basically Veritas with a few more twists and less plotholes. Even the cliffhanger (Castle car accident/ vanishing) could have stayed the same. So I only would have gone down their route if I needed something, like the characters at a certain position to start something new. But hey, it’s mostly wishful thinking and I wouldn’t be much surprised if they stick to their old M.O. (self-contained :-)

I always wonder when I see comments like this what drives people to turn up and hang around at location shoots. Sometimes they're prepared to wait hours and in some extreme cases days enduring discomfort to catch a fleeting glimpse of one of the stars or possibly even meet them. I'm not complaining since they kindly post their pictures on line but don't they have work to go to? I guess they're on holiday and happen to be in the area or may be they deliberately take the time off.

When The Ghostwriter was filmed I was briefly thinking about visiting my parents back home to watch some of the shooting on location and how they transformed the area to make it look American but ultimately decided against it (the weather was awful and some locations like the beach area were closed off anyway…).

While I wouldn’t be opposed to watch Castle filming on location if I happen to be in that area, I would certainly prefer to do it either invited (Ha!) or sitting in a nice café or park for a short while. As for approaching cast members, the most I would do is probably a friendly wave of the hand if our group somehow attracted their attention.

But it's not like there's an arresting COTW to watch when the personal scenes are lacking, and I've never really watched for those anyway, so what is the audience left with?  Sigh.

Police procedurals aren’t my favourite form of TV entertainment either unless they involve some kind of unique twist and time off from just purely case solving scenes. As you said, Castle did well in the early seasons and I hope they find their way back to it. I’m still thoroughly entertained by the cast though, so I keep watching :-)

Anyone see an early wedding happening?

Nope! And sorry, but I’m severely hoping against it...

(edited)

I forgot DB would have been at Comic Con with Bones, funny I know it's a different network but they're still pushing a ten year show but Castle doesn't go to any of these kind of things any more. Pity for the fans who would like to see them. I wish ABC would promote the show better, they don't seem to care. May be they figure Castle doesn't need it. I'm trying to imagine the show lasting ten years or more it's not impossible but somehow I doubt it will.

McCord and Josh ha! 

Stana Katic @Stana_Katic
“@LisaEdelstein: My day @work: giving THIS man, @webstervictor aLOT of coldhardcash 4 services rendered. http://www.whosay.com/l/FiV8Vlo ” wait a min!

Edited by verdana

The season finale aka part 1 of the proposal wasn't horrible, in my opinion, it wasn't fairytale either. The season premiere aka part 2 pf the proposal was just fine to me. Swings haven't been tainted -- and as much as I hated the finale -- the Hamptons hasn't been either. If a small ceremony took place there it wouldn't make me any never mind. 

I can't separate the two parts, the entire proposal scene didn't work. In the first they both looked utterly miserable and she was close to crying. I wouldn't want the moment a guy proposed to look like we were about to break up.  In 6.01 the way they had Beckett telling him she was taking the job vexed me, so whilst it was much lighter and more romantic in tone it didn't push the right buttons emotionally when I later watched the whole thing and left a bad taste.

They've had them meet there for Rise, Kate in Always, the proposal and then Veritas. I note some fans are even suggesting Kate should tell him she's pregnant at the swings too which doesn't do much for me, you can overdo it. Can't they find somewhere new that becomes just as meaningful as their relationship develops?

(edited)

Marlowe seemed almost bored talking about the Bracken case in the post finale interviews. I was surprised, I always imagined it would carry on until the show finally ended. May be he'd simply had enough and realised the story needed closure and he wouldn't be the only one. It had run out of steam a while ago and the ratings weren't that wonderful either for the JB related episodes. It did feel a bit rushed, I was expecting a two parter for something that important. 

Edited by verdana
And another question I've got -- who's this "James" Liam was asking Joss about? Marsters?

I can't rewatch right now and wasn't listening too close, but assumed he was asking about Jed Whedon who used to be one of the writers on Spartacus.

I didn't get that completely either, but it seemed like Liam (Spartacus was a really good show, btw) was in charge of putting together a video of some sort as a Happy Birthday thing for Nathan (part when Liam said everyone loved the guy), and he said Joss was good but what he did didn't quite fit with whatever they were going for.

I think you're right. Makes sense with what I remember of it - something about a birthday and that too many people love Nathan. If so, it must have been one hell of a vid, with so many interesting people and even some script/concept behind it. Probably some juicy stories and mock offenses too, lol.

Have you seen Zach's Mystery Guests panel? Nathan was there, like he did in the previous years, and it was pretty entertaining as well.

I did, yes. (OT - Adam Savage is always way better at these things than Jamie). Went all out with "adult content" there, didn't they? lol. It was especially funny how right after Nathan/Taran little interlude a fan asked NF to say something steamy to her friend and it turned out that said friend was a dude as well. I liked how he got out of that one without refusing or making it too creepy. Their scene with Breckin Meyer was pretty neat, as if they rehearsed it for hours beforehand, lol. The voice-over they did with Alan was funny too, but less in sync. Loved the story about Death at a Funeral, NF's indignation after finding out that the cold cream scene didn't make it into the final cut (didn't he notice it while watching?lol), and the reenactment. Also the boomerang story. The internet is full of gifs from Alan's panel with the story of Nathan telling Bieber off at some Halo event, I liked how NF played it down a bit when asked about it at his panel. Alan tells it better, indeed.

Oh, and was sorry to hear his old cat died. Doesn't he have kittens from the pics he posted some time ago, or were they all spoken for and he's now catless? On another thought, forget it. I realized that it sounds kind of stalkerish, lol.

I'm not sure but I think Molly said Nathan found a big cat in his backyard one day that he thought was just fat, but turned out to be really pregnant.  Hence the kittens, heh.  No idea what happened to them- think he might have given them all away- but they had some amusing names.  Coincidentally, I think his old cat that died was named Spartacus because I was watching that show at the time, and Tamala said she thought Nathan was a sensitive guy as he got really worked up over his sick cat or something.  And now that's too much cat info for ya.  I did love that funny scene (S2?) Castle, Espo and Ryan had with that crazy cat lady.

McCord and Josh ha!

McCord looks good but Josh doesn't look as hot here.  Think it's the short hair cut and the beard and stache combo.  A case where I'm not feeling the scruff heh.

@4x07: THEY'RE HERE #Castle #spoilers http://t.co/nHWxUrfpfx

Makes me a bit sad that they never seen to be chatting in these pics anymore.... though I guess if you're waiting for hours on end, in the heat, and you've done the same thing a million times already... who knows.

@4x07: Seventh season and Luke still can't get Nathan in a flattering coat. Please get it together, monsieur #Castle http://t.co/jF48XnIgsx

Quel surprise... not!

(I don't think the coat looks that bad? He's just holding it out, making him look bigger for that moment).

Hard to say for sure from this angle, but it doesn't look that flattering.

(edited)
May be they figure Castle doesn't need it. I'm trying to imagine the show lasting ten years or more it's not impossible but somehow I doubt it will.

I remember reading somewhere that ABC only gets a certain number of panels and like to use them to promote newer shows.

He brought a box of kittens to set and was giving them away to people.

Oh, I would freak out if someone brought a box of kittens to my office, I hate cats.  I have panic attacks whenever I'm near one, a box would kill me.  (Not meant to insult Nathan, who was clearly trying to be nice).

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1
Isn't this the case about the toy mogul or something? Seems like an ordinary COTW to me.

Maybe the toy mogul is the one who took Castle?

what drives people to turn up and hang around at location shoots. Sometimes they're prepared to wait hours and in some extreme cases days enduring discomfort to catch a fleeting glimpse of one of the stars or possibly even meet them.

It's surprising, at least in LA where they should be used it.  When I was 11 they filmed a movie in my small town in NJ and everyone I knew would go stake out where they were filming because it was such an exciting/new thing.  But in Hollywood there is so much filming I can't believe people are excited like that.  Maybe it's a lot of tourists though?  If I had the chance to see them filming Castle I'd take it, but I wouldn't travel for it or wait around for hours or anything.

Swings haven't been tainted -- and as much as I hated the finale -- the Hamptons hasn't been either. If a small ceremony took place there it wouldn't make me any never mind.

The Hamptons isn't tainted to me, but I would think they might be to Beckett.  But it depends on what exactly happens to Castle.  The swings aren't tainted either.  I didn't have a huge problem with the proposal, and honestly, even if some fans did, Castle and Beckett ended that scene really happy so I don't think the swings would be ruined for them. 

However, I wouldn't mind seeing a new special spot.  Maybe one indoors so that everytime the film a milestone moment there spoilers don't end up all over the place.

Hard to say for sure from this angle, but it doesn't look that flattering.

How about a new angle?

https://twitter.com/omelette73/status/494977058087657473

Still not flattering. 

c_a_s_k_e_t_t

3 hours ago

Well I had to leave because my plane leaves today, but I did get to see them, and omg Nathan got out of the car looked right at me, smiled and waved. I thought I was gonna die

http://instagram.com/p/rIaNQWQA3q/

God that jacket. 

Edited by verdana

Okay, guys and gals, not to split hairs, but the latest round of tweets really didn't seem all that spoilery and had no spec, so they have been moved to the media thread since pictures are involved.

Thanks!

Okay thanks Wendy.

Seems from those latest shots taken on location that Castle's found in 7.01 and things are probably getting back to normal by 7.02.  All those fears some expressed that he'd be missing for 2 or 3 episodes never seemed remotely realistic to me given Caskett is the show. Without them you have nothing. 

Edited by verdana

Nathan and Molly. Awwwww.  Why did Marlowe have to screw things up last season with Castle's own version of Jar Jar Binks. The Castle/Alexis relationship has never truly recovered from that storyline.  I really want them to fix that if possible but I'm not sure they can, the damage has been done. 

Had to laugh at this tweet.

Abril Kwiecien @4x07  ·  3h
Nathan only wears that ghastly green thing today when they're actually filming, FYI, not during rehearsal #thestruggle

So he looks better when they're not filming. Typical. 

Edited by verdana

It's obvious that Luke blows the budget on Beckett. lol.  It amazes me that Nathan's wardrobe is made, which means everything should be fitted to perfection. Don't know what the hell Luke is doing. 

All those fears some expressed that he'd be missing for 2 or 3 episodes never seemed remotely realistic to me given Caskett is the show.

I never thought they'd have him missing for multiple episodes, I was just worried how much time lapses before they find him and what happens in that time period, which I guess is going to be 2 months.  Even if we don't see it, being missing that long could have consequences.  It's also super soapy.

But this is Castle, so I guess nothing will have a lasting impact either way.

It's obvious that Luke blows the budget on Beckett. lol.  It amazes me that Nathan's wardrobe is made, which means everything should be fitted to perfection. Don't know what the hell Luke is doing. 

When Luke confirmed he got Nathan's jackets and suits custom made it had me scratching my head thinking WTF! Custom made but who the hell for? Because they must be using the measurements of some other guy. They would be better off just going into some general store and getting Nathan to get a jacket that fitted off the peg. Nothing he wears looks like it fits him properly. Luke needs his eyesight tested or someone needs to have a quiet word in his ear about how you dress a big guy like Nathan Fillion. 

Edited by verdana

I miss Sal so much. He dressed Beckett like a cop yet not manly but sensible, professional, and beautiful. He dressed Castle like he was a man w. money, who took pride in his appearance and had a good tailor.  

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 1

More photos of a fan w. Stana, Jon, and Seamus

Shallow me? Love Stana's hair like this. Glad it's now Beckett's. The long, curly hair of last season [ and season 5] was on my last nerves.

Call me shallow, but I'd like it better if she got rid of the center part too....I liked it so much better parted to the side. :-) of course, Stana is gorgeous and can pull it off, but I'm not a huge fan.

Also, with all the coat wearing- is it ever summer in Castle-land??

Edited by GeorgieNY

I miss Sal so much. He dressed Beckett like a cop yet not manly but sensible, professional, and beautiful. He dresses Castle like he was a man w. money, who took pride in his appearance and had a good tailor.  

With you all the way on that Samantha. SP knew how to dress them in a way that added not detracted from who they were supposed to be. Luke doesn't seem to bother with any of that. 

I miss this Rick Castle. And this Rick Castle and Kate Beckett. [Look at the fit of that coat on Castle/Nathan! That is a tailored, pea, coat. Beckett is dressed sensible yet sexy and professional. Hell, look at Ryan. Not over the top or flashy but fitted, appropriate, and professional].  

• Love 2

Lol was that jacket really necessary? Nathan, the guest actor and some extra were the only ones you can see wearing a jacket. He looked so much better with just the pants and shirt.

Yeah I miss s2 castle wardrobe. Loved all the different leather jackets Beckett wore and the pinstriped clothing Castle wore. Fool Me Once..., When the Bough Breaks and Vampire Weekend were on today so I had to watch them. Those were some good and fun eps. Back when Castle had a man everywhere, friends, nice scenes with Alexis, & hot building theory with Beckett. KInda sucks that Tamala wasn't in the ep for the Heatwave party. You would think they would have Lanie be so excited to be there since the book is basted on her bff. Kinda amusing to see the order of the billing in credit list. Seamus was really far down on the list while now Tamala is last of the original cast.

Samantha. Thanks for the reminder, oh for the days when Castle was dressed to look cool, classy and confident. He looked wonderful, the whole cast did, when Luke came on board everything changed - for the worse. 

The only cast member who seems to have survived pretty much unscathed is Seamus, there's the odd blip but generally speaking he looks smart, the guy can really wear a three piece suit, not everyone can.  In fact Seamus is the one character that has emerged unscathed not only in his wardrobe but also in his characterisation. Heh. 

Edited by verdana

Lol was that jacket really necessary? Nathan, the guest actor and some extra were the only ones you can see wearing a jacket. He looked so much better with just the pants and shirt.

It looks hot there, both of them must be sweating like mad in those coats.

That's what I don't get about "New York" in the Castleverse do they experience seasons there? Because quite a few of the cast (especially Nathan) wear endless layers with bulky jackets and scarves, Nathan is always dressed in suits you hardly ever see him now in light sweaters or a simple t-shirt. Why doesn't the wardrobe reflect the change in the seasons when it gets warmer and they ditch them and wear something lighter, you can look smart and fashionable. 

I wanted them to bring that up last season (the prenup issue) were they going to have one? Would Castle refuse to consider it? Would Beckett demand one to give him peace of mind? That's something that given his considerable wealth and the fact he has a child he has to protect financially (not to mention Martha who seems to be broke and living off him) you would definitely be wanting to address as a wealthy guy about to be married with a history of broken marriages behind you. Although he's probably already got them financially sorted with some kind of trust arrangement but that still doesn't change the fact he needs to think about it and take legal advice. Beckett doesn't want his money I realise that but it would have been something interesting to bring up as a genuine issue that didn't revolve around bloody wedding planning. 

Quebec ?

Odd. But if Alexis is moving to Quebec I sense a great many fans will be cheering in relief. 

Edited by verdana

How about a new angle?

https://twitter.com/omelette73/status/494977058087657473

Still not flattering. 

God that jacket. 

Seeing all the other pics confirms it: yet another horribly ill fitting, unflattering jacket!  Luke!! Grrr

That ghastly green thing as the photo taker so aptly describes it seems like Luke's attempt at dressing Castle in a trendier jacket. But its fit is questionable to say the least (billowing around the waist again, overlong sleeves halfway down NF's hands).  Don't think that shape is flattering to Nathan, and those tiny lapels look a bit weird on a big guy like him (not to say he should have huge lapels as he had on another ghastly Luke jacket from some time ago).  Proportion, man!  

And that other black jacket isn't any better.  Sorry, but I don't know any guy under 50 who wears that style of jacket anymore.

When the person looks much better without a piece of wardrobe, you should know you're doing something wrong!

Abril Kwiecien @4x07  ·  7h

Castle's ugly jacket is RIGHT THERE, I could grab it and set it on fire

LOL, she had the right idea.  Burn.the.jackets!

I'm sure someone creative could make a series of funny .gifs with those pics of NF taking off the damn thing heh.

He looked so much better just in the black shirt (even if it was plaid, but at least it was understated plaid).

If Luke is going to keep choosing these horrible jackets, then he might as well stick to the bad fitting suits. ;)

I've got an easy solution for him.  Since he seems to love Burberry so much ;), just go there and ask them to dress NF. ;)  Better yet, Hugo Boss or Zegna.  

Maybe the toy mogul is the one who took Castle?

He wanted a playmate? ;)  That sounds a bit weird heh.

So now it seems less likely that an early wedding will take place in the AM episode with all this other stuff going on, unless they're getting married in Canada. ;)  I'm relieved.  Still feel like I need a little time to recover from the travesty that was the wedding that didn't happen, and also, I'd prefer if AM wasn't writing the wedding 'cause he sure can suck out the romance.  

But looks like AM's beloved mythology is still well and alive in 702, and it's not just a usual COTW because why else would Castle and Alexis be at a bank in Canada?  Is that where Castle keeps his secret (but not offshore) accounts lol?  

I find it interesting that it's Castle and Alexis who are doing whatever they are doing up there, and not Castle and Beckett.  Are they concerned at all if Castle is safe wandering about without Beckett so soon after he was kidnapped or whatever?  Or if it turns out he somehow planned all of it himself (which I still can't wrap my mind around), then he thinks he can handle any threats against him?  Is Castle really turning into his generation's Derrick Storm?  Don't know how I'd feel about that, but I don't want him keeping Beckett out of the loop.

Beckett also just drops Castle off in the other scene shot, where he meets up with some guy in the park.  I guess whatever he's doing is better without police involvement, but Beckett should know what he has planned, I hope.

As for the issue of whether the swings and the Hamptons are tainted for me, well, they are a bit ruined for me in that I don't think of them as untarnished as I did before the terrible proposal and the aborted wedding.  But, I do think talented writers can untaint just about anything, if they make it doubly, or triply good again. Writers would need to re-imbue those places with double, triple doses of romance and joy and deep meaning for me to wholeheartedly embrace them again. Problem is, I don't think Castle writers are capable of that (except maybe TPH and RH).  I don't know why they seem intent on digging these big holes (ruining all the romance in the process) for themselves, and make it even harder for them get back on level ground in the first place, not to mention, actually elevate the material on the show above ground level.  

I'm still waiting for that unabashedly romantic and joyful, and kind of free and unbridled, grand but intimate Castlesque gesture from Castle to Beckett since they got together.  Something both grand (him) but intimate (her); the best of both of them. Thought we might get that with a proposal, but that went very much in the opposite direction as expected. ;)  That proposal was just in no way Castlesque.  I'm not saying he needs a helicopter and skywriting and a hot air balloon to romance Beckett because he knows she prefers intimacy, but I would have liked to see him put more heart and creativity and effort into romancing her (with his writer words even!) because he seems like that kind of sentimental, romantic, sappy guy. The writers seem determined to prove me wrong unfortunately.  Beckett's been presented as more of a realist and unsentimental, but she's really softened and blossomed since being with Castle, and I don't doubt that she would melt at Castle doing something romantic and very befitting for her. 

Edited by madmaverick

About the recent pictures of Nathan and Molly. I hope they're not going to continue creating this divide between the characters with father and daughter on one side and Beckett on the other. It's ridiculous. I have no desire to see them on yet another outing together however short with Beckett languishing in the background especially given recent events with his disappearance. That would be frustrating and odd.

Alexis is a polarising character for many so giving her too much screen time that early on in the season (especially after the less than stellar finale) would not be a popular move because more time spent on her is less on Castle and Beckett which is what fans are mainly interested in.  However, I can't say I'd be that surprised if Marlowe finds a way to soak up screen time with something other than Caskett related matters. It's probably case related and somehow Alexis has got involved. 

• Love 1