Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I know, but it seems like in the past couple weeks she's been going above and beyond reminders. But like I said, I'm probably reaching.

I'm hoping Martha knows too, and I do think they've hinted she might. However, I hope Alexis doesn't know, just cause I'm tired of Alexis knowing everything. I feel like Martha/Castle have a much more balanced relationship and it makes sense for Martha to pick up on that kind of thing. The dedication in the sneak peak is kind of insulting, but that is more Martha's external personality than their real relationship.

Yeah the mother-child thing between Castle and Martha has always been on point.  I am holding out hope they keep it up through this next phase of story arc..... and yes, if Alexis knows my brain might start melting.  She has never been written to be that invested and/or interested in Castle and Beckett.  But then again she has picked up so many special skills this season I guess we should be expecting it....and rejoice in how awesome it is....

Edited by BellyLaughter

I think Alexis has been badly served by Hollywood writing.  In the pilot she was an interesting, intelligent teenager who didn't have any of the usual bag of TV-teenager tricks.  Since then I think she's only had one incredibly good line - in the baby episode, when she comes in after Caskett have been caring for a baby all night long, takes in the scene, and says "How long was I gone?"  

I don't think Hollywood knows how to write a smart, normal kid; especially when the actor is also a smart, normal kid.

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 5

I'm hoping Martha knows too, and I do think they've hinted she might. However, I hope Alexis doesn't know, just cause I'm tired of Alexis knowing everything. I feel like Martha/Castle have a much more balanced relationship and it makes sense for Martha to pick up on that kind of thing. The dedication in the sneak peak is kind of insulting, but that is more Martha's external personality than their real relationship.

It reminded me of her put down in Once Upon A Crime. You could play a very long game of Call Back Bingo with all the references to previous episodes we've had in S8. LOL The number of actual new ideas they've come up with for this season wouldn't make a very long list.

I thought this particular response of Stana's to an FB question was somewhat pointed:

Q: How important is it for the pair of you to have Beckett's character perpetually growing? We are at season 8 and she is still learning new things about herself.

A: What new things do you think she's learned this season? :)

I do think the character has stagnated this season (oddly enough, the season in which she got a new job) and that the actress hasn't had much to chew on dramatically, though I'm not among those who think it's some huge conspiracy. Just a product of less than imaginative writing. I hope tonight's episode will be a pleasant surprise in that area.

I seem to recall Stana at one point talking about art over finance or something like and she decided to take the money by the looks of it and this is the result.  

If she wants to express her artistic skills more and be challenged creatively I fear she may have to leave the comfortable security that Castle offers her because S8 proved that Beckett supposedly expanding her horizons and getting a promotion didn't correspond with any decent character development worth a damn and if Hawley sticks around she can expect more of the same next season. It's her choice to make. 

Castle 8x16 "Heartbreaker" Promo

Edited by verdana

8x21 Title is "Hell To Pay"

Not sure how long this link will survive, call sheets don't usually.

https://twitter.com/mattieborlenghi/status/712688508310192128

They are also due to film at this location tomorrow and on Mar 30.

Don't understand all the abbreviations or terminology, but presumably Alexis and Hayley are in the episode but not needed for these scenes. I hope it doesn't mean that as Beckett (No 2) is not listed she isn't going to be in the episode at all, although she did say she was working when she did the Q&A on Monday, and Martha (No 3) was mentioned by Molly on Mar 17 (Day 1)

What this means is that Hayley doesn't meet an heroic end in 8x18 as I was hoping. LOL

Surprise, surprise that link has gone but due to the wonders of the internet it has been copied already so here's one that ABC won't be able to take down.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/castle-episode-821-title-revealed-in.html

Edited by westwingfan

A scene where Espo and Ryan mock Castle ruthlessly? Sigh.

I didn't used to mind the teasing of Castle as much as others, but it's really getting to be too much even for me.

Maybe it has something to do with scene 27, which precedes the mocking.

"Castle's eyes go wide at the sight of his image on screen"

Apparently there's a SPFX for the mocking scene which involves a "pressure washer rigged to drop"

Will have to try to remember to watch this episode to see how this translates into what we end up seeing on the screen.

Edited by westwingfan

I also noticed this is a 9-day episode shoot, so that explains ending on April 11 for me (unless 8x21 & 8x22 overlap). And also accounts for being off Friday ahead of Easter.

Also, Easter Monday isn't a thing in the US (meaning not a holiday we observe), so I really doubt they'll have a 4-day long weekend.

Someone has pointed out that the novel mentioned in the Props segment of the call sheet is "Dead Heat", which was the manuscript they found in "Boom" when they raided Scott Dunne's apartment, so what is it doing in Victor Crowne's office when you'd expect it to be held by the Feds as evidence? Surely Hawley isn't going to do a makeover of that episode as well. Maybe this time Castle isn't able to warn Beckett in time, the blind item did say that there would be time in the finale for a funeral when people can say their good byes, but wouldn't that leave the show in a very dark place when I guess most people would be expecting a S9 with just Nathan to focus more on the comedy, which he said was what the show was all about anyway in an interview not so long ago.

Edited by westwingfan

With the announcement that Nashville is getting new show runners in Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz of Once and Again and thirtysomething fame, it sounds like - low ratings aside - a renewal is a given (or why would ABC bother at all?).

Which now makes me all but certain Castle will be back in the fall.

SpoilerTV has moved Castle back into their "Looking Safe" category from "In Danger" based on the ratings for the latest episode, so I guess it all hinges on the contract renewals for one or both leads. The last rumour we heard they seemed to be talking to Nathan, understandably as the number one on the call sheet, but I hope they don't announce the show renewal and his re-signing, like they did last year, with no news about Stana. If she isn't coming back just make one combined announcement to that effect.

How do you normally do with your bets, still you've got to be right sometime I guess. LOL

If I tell you, I'd have to kill you!  :-P  But I really do think this is a no-brainer. But, then again, ABC isn't known for intelligence. But it does like money, so...

If I tell you, I'd have to kill you!  :-P  But I really do think this is a no-brainer. But, then again, ABC isn't known for intelligence. But it does like money, so...

You'd have to find me first. LOL

I guess if it leaked out that Stana was talking it might raise the optimism, as the opinion seems to be that she told them last year that S8 would be her last.

westwingfan, on 23 Mar 2016 - 7:18 PM, said:

You'd have to find me first. LOL

I guess if it leaked out that Stana was talking it might raise the optimism, as the opinion seems to be that she told them last year that S8 would be her last.

The question is, what was this opinion based on? Merely the fact that she only signed a one-year contract or that people felt it "came down to the wire" which she herself denied (and considering that negotiations can go on until June I'd tend to believe her) or both or something else?

NCIS/Michael Weatherly already announced his exit because his decision is definite and not connected to contract negotiations. I find that fair to fans and I hope if SK had made a definite decision already she would do the same and ABC would allow her to do the same.

The question is, what was this opinion based on? Merely the fact that she only signed a one-year contract or that people felt it "came down to the wire" which she herself denied (and considering that negotiations can go on until June I'd tend to believe her) or both or something else?

Someone (unverified) claiming to have inside knowledge posted about it on another site. And the fact that they keep playing up Castle PI this season, as though they know they'll need a way for Castle to be investigating on his own someday.  It's not exactly hard proof, but it's enough to make me nervous. 

If they know she's leaving and they're planning to kill her off they won't want to announce it so the death can be "shocking."  

With the announcement that Nashville is getting new show runners in Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz of Once and Again and thirtysomething fame, it sounds like - low ratings aside - a renewal is a given (or why would ABC bother at all?).

Wow, ABC must have horrible pilots in the pipeline.

• Love 2

Someone (unverified) claiming to have inside knowledge posted about it on another site. And the fact that they keep playing up Castle PI this season, as though they know they'll need a way for Castle to be investigating on his own someday.  It's not exactly hard proof, but it's enough to make me nervous. 

If they know she's leaving and they're planning to kill her off they won't want to announce it so the death can be "shocking".

Of course they will .... Remember how well the Castle fandom took being shocked in the S6 finale ..... why not relive that moment!! Good times ;)

Not making any announcement until the last minute says to me that they have very little faith in this show sans Beckett ... Surely a good chunk of the audience would have already tuned out if they had advance knowledge of Becketts departure?? (Me included)

• Love 3

One of the things I miss now that Beckett is the Captain and doesn't get out so much is the little chats they use to have as they approached the crime scene. It's where we learned she could do this trick with ice cubes, that Castle probably couldn't handle the sight of her straddling her Harley in tight black leather, that her alto ego was Elektra, and where Beckett would impart words of wisdom whenever Castle had some issues with Alexis, be it advice on how to deal with her boyfriends or life choices. In addition I also miss those little scenes when he was sitting by her desk and we would learn things about them, what had happened to her mother being the obvious one, but also that even on the darkest day there is the possibility for joy, and why she is a Temptation Lane fan. The episodes seem so sterile now.

• Love 1

If they can hide the fact that Shemar Moore was leaving Criminal Minds for over a year, they can hide that Stana is leaving Castle. I think, jmo, she has done the same thing here. Gave them one more year to wrap it up. Gosh, i really, really hope Im wrong.

In "I know it's none of my business, but what's the fun in that?" news, I think the Creaseys may have split up. I've had that feeling for awhile and Dara just changed her Twitter name to just Resnik.

I think Nathan and Krista may have broken up awhile ago too. Sad, they seemed like a good match/very in love. They still follow each other on Twitter (the solidifier of alleged gossip!) so maybe they're still together or at least friendly. NF has immediately unfollowed exes in the past. (Again, I realize Twitter is not a perfect gauge of these things.)

If I were a betting kind, I'd say no. But we'll see!

I'm not a betting kind at all, but have to agree that I see shades of last season. Negotiation time! Just waiting for Seamus and Jon to take the CastleTV person out for lunch again ;) Sorry, I'm mean today.

• Love 1

In "I know it's none of my business, but what's the fun in that?" news, I think the Creaseys may have split up. I've had that feeling for awhile and Dara just changed her Twitter name to just Resnik.

I think Nathan and Krista may have broken up awhile ago too. Sad, they seemed like a good match/very in love. They still follow each other on Twitter (the solidifier of alleged gossip!) so maybe they're still together or at least friendly. NF has immediately unfollowed exes in the past. (Again, I realize Twitter is not a perfect gauge of these things.)

I think you're right on both counts. The Creaseys seem to have split over last summer.

NF and KA didn't spend Christmas together (according to her Twitter). I know they were in NoLa for Mardi Gras (again, her Twitter) but NF was very quiet about that trip. Pure speculation but I think that was the end. It looked like her former co-star set up the Mardi Gras gig and NF sort of went along. IMHO, she was way to quick to share their whereabouts for reasons of privacy and safety. I think NF's tweet about doing the same thing and claiming innocence may have been directed at that. Again, pure speculation based on her/their Twitter.

I think you're right on both counts. The Creaseys seem to have split over last summer.

That actually makes sense when you think about Dana leaving Castle, but Chad staying, when they had been a writing team for years and years.

I guess it is easier to deal with writers breaking up than actors who both have to stay to be on camera.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

Sorry to hear about the Creaseys I wish them well in their (now) separate lives and writing endeavours but oh boy they were terrible arse lickers lol.

As for Krista, the gal can't help herself, she's an over-sharer as George Clooney can attest, based on what little I know of NF's personal life his dating seems to follow a set pattern and despite the constant tweeting and stuff he seems like a private person, being the cynic I am I'm not surprised to hear their relationship is possibly over. Fillion strikes me as one of those kind of guys who may look easy going and laid back but I sense you cross a line with him and its adiós, then again may be it suits Krista too and she was ready to move on.

Stanathan fans on tumblr will be slightly happier though if this split is true, now if they could just hear about Stana having trouble in paradise they could start daring to dream again lol.

Happy Easter Weekend!

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Fillion strikes me as one of those kind of guys who may look easy going and laid back but I sense you cross a line with him and its adiós, then again may be it suits Krista too and she was ready to move on.

I suspect as soon as the girl starts feeling comfortable and relationshippy, it's time to move on.  I'm sure Fillion is a very nice man and fun for an evening out.  But if I were giving a friend dating advice, I'd say steer clear.  He's a bit of a player and a heart breaker.  It's better to be his friend and avoid attempting a romantic liaison with him.

I suspect as soon as the girl starts feeling comfortable and relationshippy, it's time to move on.  I'm sure Fillion is a very nice man and fun for an evening out.  But if I were giving a friend dating advice, I'd say steer clear.  He's a bit of a player and a heart breaker.  It's better to be his friend and avoid attempting a romantic liaison with him.

But people also said the same about George Clooney and he eventually did marry (again). The truth is, none of us knows the guy or what he wants or doesn't want in a relationship. And, to me, as long as he is happy and the potential woman going out with him knows what she is getting into, good for them.

• Love 4

I know, but it seems like in the past couple weeks she's been going above and beyond reminders. But like I said, I'm probably reaching.

I've noticed the increased activity from both leads over the last month or so, I'm guessing it's because contract negotiation time is looming again and they need to be more visible and not only to the fans. 

The swings are too much a Marlowe thing, so I'd say no

Surely that's exactly the kind of thing Hawley would go for as he loves taking important moments from the history of the show and redoing them so why not the swings?

It was getting to the stage where I thought they had become this writing crutch of Marlowe's as this was always the go to place they'd head off to at key moments and I was starting to wish they'd stop using them and get some fresh ideas. If they do go back there I don't see it being satisfying, nothing Hawley has done in revisiting the past has been successful this season, it's merely highlighted how much better they were the first time around.  

Edited by verdana

As Castle would say "Boys will be boys."

So last yr's party had mermaids at pool side and this yr Demming tazes Josh while Ryan and Maddox watches. Well okay then. Didn't Krista wished Nathan a happy birthday on twitter last yr? It's been quiet so ia on them not together anymore. It just seems like Nathan's girlfriends only last about a yr. Molly's current hair color and style at the party really ages her at least 10 yrs. Looks like she walked off the pgs of a JCrew or Ann Taylor Loft catalog. I wonder if it's because she hangs out with people 15-20 yrs older than her so she kinda dresses older and Luke isn't do any favors styling her on set either.

That actually makes sense when you think about Dana leaving Castle, but Chad staying, when they had been a writing team for years and years.

I guess it is easier to deal with writers breaking up than actors who both have to stay to be on camera.

Even more sense when they each wrote solo ep in the 2nd half of the season. Chad's was ep17 so that possibly been written during or after the holidays since ep14-15 were being filmed before and after. That holiday hiatus must've sucked for them if they were slowly separating. Also the awkwardness of the writers room. I barely remember the Hong Kong ep, but wasn't the HK cop life falling apart and everything on the outside can look deceiving. Then Dara writes an ep where Beckett and Castle only interact by phone. It's kinda sad that the bts drama is more interesting than what's on screen lately.

I can't think of anything less fun than getting tazered but you said it boys will be boys...

We don't have those over here, they're illegal thank God, only the police can use them.

Molly's styling is awful. I'd love to know who they're basing her look on but Molly appears to be a big cheerleader for it based on her recent defensive tweets of Luke's expertise . She needs someone to take her aside and have a quiet word.  Susan Sullivan looks younger and more with it than she does!   

Edited by verdana
Watch what you love. ‏@Sandraxf  2h2 hours ago

We should find out who wrote the #Castle season 8 finale this week. I'm counting on Andrew Bikichky to tweet the info once filming starts.

I'll take a wild stab in the dark it will be Hawley.

ABC Press Release - Death Wish 

The murder of a man connected to smuggling Turkish relics sends Castle, Beckett and the 12th Precinct on a search for a stolen antique believed to be Aladdin’s lamp, in hopes that it can lead them to the killer, on “Castle,” MONDAY, APRIL 11 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

Ive been doing a rewatch of Castle in the hopes of wiping S8 from my memory when i get to a stopping point of my choice. Im currently at the end of S4. It is astounding how the level of writing and story telling - as well as the characters - has diminished.

Edited by CastleSeason8

As Castle would say "Boys will be boys."

Well at least two Canadians attended, so there was probably beer involved.

Was it my imagination or was Mikaela Hoover at the party? These Hollywood types start to all look alike. Norma Desmond was right.

Ive been doing a rewatch of Castle in the hopes of wiping S8 from my memory when i get to a stopping point of my choice. Im currently at the end of S4. It is astounding how the level of writing and story telling - as well as the characters - has diminished.

My stopping off point would probably be Still, bypass the boring engagement and risible wedding/Rogan fiasco.

I can't even face a rewatch, I already know how far things have fallen I don't want a glaring reminder, only time can heal some of the wounds but it will bever completely wash away the craptitude. Taking a viewing sabbatical has helped a bit but it scares me that things could get even worse with finale time looming and everything up in the air with the leads.

• Love 1

Andrew Marlowe and Terri Miller have a new "fun and witty" detective show TAKE TWO where a male PI and actress team up.

It is not clear from the article whether this is just a pilot or if it has been picked up by a network yet.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/castle-creator-andrew-marlowe-terri-miller-take-two-detective-series-tandem-1201727809/

Sounds great to me.  I'd watch as long as it doesn't lapse into dark and torturey like every single other crime drama.

• Love 1

Well, they certainly aren't overworking their muse. Same reluctant cop/show offy celebrity type solving crimes, only with genders reversed, the name is chosen honestly :). I'd be interested to see if they get lucky with the chemistry between actors as much as they did on Castle. And in case it goes further than the pilot... if they learned their lesson about fleshing out ALL characters from the start and continuously, at least to make their own showrunner life easier.

• Love 1

Andrew Marlowe and Terri Miller have a new "fun and witty" detective show TAKE TWO where a male PI and actress team up.

It is not clear from the article whether this is just a pilot or if it has been picked up by a network yet.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/castle-creator-andrew-marlowe-terri-miller-take-two-detective-series-tandem-1201727809/

To me, it doesn't read as if it has been picked up by a broadcaster yet, but is in the casting/early pilot production stage right now. 

I'll be curious to see if it gets picked up by cable or network. 

To me, it doesn't read as if it has been picked up by a broadcaster yet, but is in the casting/early pilot production stage right now. 

I'll be curious to see if it gets picked up by cable or network. 

Sniff-sniff, smells like a cable show ;-).  Maybe it's the one Stana talked about....although I would envision her reprising her CBGB Genya Ravan character (:-/)  in such a role.  A good director would probably be able to reign in her over-acting tendency a bit (as they clearly did most of the time with Castle) and she'd be good.

Well, they certainly aren't overworking their muse. Same reluctant cop/show offy celebrity type solving crimes, only with genders reversed, the name is chosen honestly :). I'd be interested to see if they get lucky with the chemistry between actors as much as they did on Castle. And in case it goes further than the pilot... if they learned their lesson about fleshing out ALL characters from the start and continuously, at least to make their own showrunner life easier.

This struck more as flipping the script on "Remington Steele", which could be quite fun. And I second your recommendation to flesh out ALL the characters.