Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

At least it's better than showrunner's interview 

At this point, hearing Nathan Fillion giving me some handy hints on the assembly of flat pack furniture would be way more exciting (not to mention more informative) than yet another excruciating showrunner's interview about what's to come for Castle and Beckett in 2016 where I can guarantee the words "delightful" and "fun" will be uttered more than once. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 4

I would be delighted to see Nathan Fillion show us how he assembles his Halloween costumes. He has made some good ones. I can't stand to watch show runner interviews any more.

• Love 3

Hope everyone had a good holiday season and best wishes for the new year.

Rob's keeping the fans occupied over the quiet hiatus with snippets, at least he hasn't been scared off completely by the crazy lol. 

He meant well and was on point with some of what he said, but I rather think he's got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to identifying the crazy in the fandom.

I did enjoy his script snippet from his early draft of Still.  The dialogue had that classic Caskett vibe.  But the final version of Still was very pleasing too.  Still one of my favourites.

If Castle production crew can make Nathan look half as good as he does in photos taken while on vacation, I would consider that a marked improvement on the show.  All before a word of dialogue is uttered. :P  

But seriously, I'm going to try to go into the second half of the (final?) season with low expectations but an open mind so that I can leave myself some room to be pleasantly surprised.  Or at least appreciate Caskett chemistry for whatever time we have left of them together.  The hiatus has been helpful in giving me amnesia about the parts of the first half of the season that I didn't like while remembering the bits and pieces that I did.  

• Love 1

Andrew Bikichky has just tweeted a bunch of BTS pics from 8x09. He usually does this AFTER the episode has aired, perhaps he didn't get the memo that there was a longer hiatus than normal and he assumed it had aired on Jan 4. Most were from the derelict shopping mall where we saw Alexis investigating with her Dad in the promo but there is one that has Beckett behind her desk, catching up on paperwork no doubt. The new dynamics following Beckett's promotion are so exciting, aren't they? The energised writers are putting the earlier seasons to shame with their new show, who needs a writer and his muse solving crimes TOGETHER¿

Andrew Bikichky has just tweeted a bunch of BTS pics from 8x09. He usually does this AFTER the episode has aired, perhaps he didn't get the memo that there was a longer hiatus than normal and he assumed it had aired on Jan 4. Most were from the derelict shopping mall where we saw Alexis investigating with her Dad in the promo but there is one that has Beckett behind her desk, catching up on paperwork no doubt. The new dynamics following Beckett's promotion are so exciting, aren't they? The energised writers are putting the earlier seasons to shame with their new show, who needs a writer and his muse solving crimes TOGETHER¿

Looks like a show full of Castle and Alexis as expected. Barf

Edited by CastleSeason8

The new dynamics following Beckett's promotion are so exciting, aren't they? The energised writers are putting the earlier seasons to shame with their new show, who needs a writer and his muse solving crimes TOGETHER¿

Yeah still waiting for all those interesting story threads that would come from Beckett being promoted they could weave into the show every so often. Guess they were too busy exploring Locksat...separation arc aside that's been the major disappointment this season how they've completely dropped the ball on that, they've decided best thing to do is ignore it. That's what gets me about the showrunners deciding on a stupid dead end story like the separation for painfully contrived drama and to create this much talked of "spark" they wanted to inject back into the relationship, yet there are so many different interesting angles to explore for Kate and Castle in terms of how it affects their dynamic which they could have used to create natural tensions in their relationship (if that's what they truly wanted because they were scared fans would get bored with the "happy" couple) when she became Captain. May be all the good stuff is coming....but like madmaverick I'll keep my expectations low.

Why can't the writers realise that many fans don't crave big bad convoluted conspiracies and the like for this couple to endure, just give them ordinary situations that people encounter every day in their lives that can be made TV worthy without it becoming like some day time soap. I know it's not always easy and may be some do yearn for all this Locksat/mythology drama but it adds nothing substantial to the characters as far as I'm concerned which is the important thing for any story arc to succeed in my book. All it takes is a bit of effort but they don't appear to want to be bothered with any of that, such a waste.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Yeah still waiting for all those interesting story threads that would come from Beckett being promoted they could weave into the show every so often. Guess they were too busy exploring Locksat...separation arc aside that's been the major disappointment this season how they've completely dropped the ball on that, they've decided best thing to do is ignore it. That's what gets me about the showrunners deciding on a stupid dead end story like the separation for painfully contrived drama and to create this much talked of "spark" they wanted to inject back into the relationship, yet there are so many different interesting angles to explore for Kate and Castle in terms of how it affects their dynamic which they could have used to create natural tensions in their relationship (if that's what they truly wanted because they were scared fans would get bored with the "happy" couple) when she became Captain. May be all the good stuff is coming....but like madmaverick I'll keep my expectations low.

Why can't the writers realise that many fans don't crave big bad convoluted conspiracies and the like for this couple to endure, just give them ordinary situations that people encounter every day in their lives that can be made TV worthy without it becoming like some day time soap. I know it's not always easy and may be some do yearn for all this Locksat/mythology drama but it adds nothing substantial to the characters as far as I'm concerned which is the important thing for any story arc to succeed in my book. All it takes is a bit of effort but they don't appear to want to be bothered with any of that, such a waste.

This is what the showrunners said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly on Aug 5

“What’s exciting about that dynamic is that she’s not going to be a traditional captain who is in the office, she’s boots on the ground. She’s still Beckett. She’s going to be handling cases and she’s going to be involved in the interrogation.” (TPW)

The position will also provide the writers with a wealth of new story avenues for Beckett outside her professional life, says EP Alexi Hawley. “Since she doesn’t have to be boots on the ground in every aspect of the case, it also gives us opportunities with her to open up her character a little bit more and to take her down some other roads,” he says.

So far it seems that those wealth of new story avenues for Beckett haven't made it out of their heads, except when she attended a really interesting conference out of town, but we had to watch Castle running around with Slaughter instead. LOL

Edited by westwingfan
Why can't the writers realise that many fans don't crave big bad convoluted conspiracies and the like for this couple to endure, just give them ordinary situations that people encounter every day in their lives that can be made TV worthy without it becoming like some day time soap.

I ask this of a lot of shows, and movies, too.  But it seems like the trend is towards grand conspiracies rather than realism and intimate day in the life moments.  

The writers were never interested in really delving into the day to day life of a professional writer like Castle much, so it doesn't exactly surprise me that they aren't interested in delving into the day to day life of a police captain like Beckett either.  It's a pity, but there it is.  They barely gave any attention to the work of Montgomery, Gates either.   To be fair, there were all those premature, and as it turns out unwarranted, fan outcries about Beckett being confined to the office before the season started.  As it turns out, nothing much has changed except that she bears a different title to before.  And to be fair, Castle ran around with Slaughter, but Beckett's been running around with Vikram.  Beckett still has the driving storyline with Locksat this season.  Assume the writers wanted to give her a new dramatic arc after the mombatross.  Whether people care for it, is, of course, another matter.

Let's see if Castle wins any PCAs.  Not that I care one way or another.  But for the sake of having something new to discuss heh.

Edited by madmaverick

This is what the showrunners said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly on Aug 5

“What’s exciting about that dynamic is that she’s not going to be a traditional captain who is in the office, she’s boots on the ground. She’s still Beckett. She’s going to be handling cases and she’s going to be involved in the interrogation.” (TPW)

The position will also provide the writers with a wealth of new story avenues for Beckett outside her professional life, says EP Alexi Hawley. “Since she doesn’t have to be boots on the ground in every aspect of the case, it also gives us opportunities with her to open up her character a little bit more and to take her down some other roads,” he says.

So far it seems that those wealth of new story avenues for Beckett haven't made it out of their heads, except when she attended a really interesting conference out of town, but we had to watch Castle running around with Slaughter instead. LOL

There is not one thing the showrunners have said in interviews, starting this summer to present day, that has come to pass.

The ever popular character development they mentioned - laughable

That they were digging deeper into these characters - hardly

That they would be stronger as a couple - weaker maybe?

That Kate would be working her tail off to get back to Castle - sure didnt seem like it.

That they "loved" Caskett -they were the "bread and butter" of the show (with little air time??) so they have a funny way of showing it

Thats just the tip of the iceburg, so much more crap was spewed, and none of it delivered.

Edited by CastleSeason8
  • Love 2
Fillionista ‏@TheCaskett  49m49 minutes ago

Tonight's the night #Castle fans have been waiting for. #PeoplesChoiceAwards at 9/8c  on @CBS.

I doubt any Castle wins tonight but then perhaps I'm underestimating the ability of the dedicated fan base to ensure they keep up the relentless repeat voting required to ensure their favourites triumph. 

The only award I'm remotely interested in is best actress simply because I want to see what dress Stana will be wearing, I do so love gazing at the pretty. 

Definitely much weaker no question, good job this is TV fantasy land where the writers steer clear of having this couple talk seriously about anything genuinely important (their laughable so called "reconciliation" is a perfect example of how empty the writing is for Caskett once you take away the kissing and smiles) and yet they still manage to live happily ever after. Despite the writers crying off the baby angle for now I can see if it looks like S8 is the last they'll be rushing to get Beckett pregnant when Castle has received no reassurance from his wife that she won't go running off again at the first sign of another threat on the horizon she feels duty bound to resolve which could put her entire family in danger. Seems clear the writers consider this aspect put to bed - literally.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Hard to know when Stana actually takes her instagram pics, as against when she posts them, but this could suggest that she won't be getting back to LA until Jan 6 which would mean she would only be available for two days filming for 8x14 at the most.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BALpLfpR4Wa/?taken-by=drstanakatic

She's got the opportunity to take a break, travel and explore good for her, hope she had a great time.  

Seems as if that episode will be relatively Stana-lite but fears raised by some she'll be missing completely seem way off base, they'll probably shoot a few inserts of her in the precinct/loft interacting with the boys/Castle. 

Edited by verdana

That Kate would be working her tail off to get back to Castle - sure didnt seem like it.

It happened off screen presumably lol.  I remember reading one fan's blog explaining that Beckett was almost certainly out every night after work trying to hunt down Locksat because it was killing her not being at home with Castle. Pity we never saw that...but if making things up to fill in the blanks works for some fair enough but I don't see why I should have to work extra creating a story up in my head to make this shit seem better, surely that should be the writers job. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

TVLine Turns 5: Castle's First Kiss, Wonder Woman's Woes and More of January 2011's Big News Stories 

As much as we would love to hog the spotlight, it turns out that TVLine’s launch wasn’t the only buzzy entertainment moment of January 2011.
As our fifth birthday celebration continues, we’re looking back at the news stories about Castle, How I Met Your Mother, an unborn Game of Thrones and other shows that caused jaws to drop, eyes to roll and heads to be scratched at or around the time of our grand entrance.

Castle Exclusive First Look: Watch the Big Kiss!
As TVLine would regularly and reliably do, we kept you apprised of the latest Castle developments — starting with an exclusive sneak peek of Rick and Kate's first kiss. The context for the liplock was suspect, but the chemistry wasn't.

It's funny but that kiss in Knockdown that was supposedly just a ruse when they weren't even a couple packed far more lust and chemistry into it than many of the tepid (and frequently interrupted) offerings I've had served up to me since they became one.  

• Love 2

There is not one thing the showrunners have said in interviews, starting this summer to present day, that has come to pass.

The ever popular character development they mentioned - laughable

That they were digging deeper into these characters - hardly

That they "loved" Caskett -they were the "bread and butter" of the show (with little air time??) so they have a funny way of showing it

Thats just the tip of the iceburg, so much more crap was spewed, and none of it delivered.

Remember the script piece someone (Hawley?) published of the Castle-Beckett time-out from the time-out scene?  Remember how it seemed different than what actually aired? Maybe the script has all these interesting components, but time and forces-that-be require that they never make it from the paper to the small screen ;-).  Just a  thought.

I've always thought that Castle should air with caption bubbles that describe what the intent in certain scenes really was.  When the showrunner later describes what happened, I typically think, uh, yeah, that didn't translate so well, did it.

Edited by TWP
  • Love 2

18m18 minutes ago

Maria ‏@RyanPaulAddison

If they hand the #Castle PCAs to Tamala it'll be the most screentime she's had all season

FlickerToAFlame.In light of your comment about Tamala, I thought this tweet was funny (and true). Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Nathan and Stana won their People's Choice Awards categories. Person of Interest beat Castle in the show category. I think that breaks a long winning streak for Castle.

Castle didn't deserve to win this year sad to say, congratulations to Stana and Nathan.

The colour and stripes on Tamala's get up reminded me of the boiled Humbugs my partner likes lol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sandraxf/status/684908116648005634

Edited by verdana

Nathan and Stana won their People's Choice Awards categories. Person of Interest beat Castle in the show category. I think that breaks a long winning streak for Castle.

No sign of NF or SK at the show but Tamala was there for some reason.

SK and NF both won, again, but the show lost after a winning streak. Do u think anyone will get the hint? Nah, me either.

Toks Olagundoye ‏@ToksOlagundoye  51m51 minutes ago

My view right now.... Then they realized I was taking pics and mollyquinn93 has the best… https://www.instagram.com/p/BAOoGvAHNIc/

tolykayAnd this is what happens when they catch me..... #SetLife #Castle

So that's three Favourite Actor PCAs for NF?

Yeah I believe so and this is the second PCA for Stana. 

Nathan Fillion ‏@NathanFillion  36m36 minutes ago

Wait! I won?! Thank you! I love you guys! I don’t think I got the right award, though. This one’s for softball.

https://twitter.com/NathanFillion/status/684996060037566465

Edited by verdana
Nathan Fillion ‏@NathanFillion  36m36 minutes ago

Wait! I won?! Thank you! I love you guys! I don’t think I got the right award, though. This one’s for softball.

https://twitter.com/...996060037566465

Hehe.  Goofball.  And that is one massive softball trophy.  I guess it's a good thing people on Castle still want to play softball league together after long hours at work together.

Congrats to both on their PCAs.  Say what you will about the writing, I'm still enjoying their acting.  Too bad we don't get some pretty pics out of it.  It's just Castle fans' destiny to never see Nathan and Stana attend the PCAs together.  ;)

Did they even announce the award on stage or just on their website? ;)

And it looks like from Toks' pic that they really are still at work, at least Nathan and Molly and her.

Another pic from set, heh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAOr_AZHNNB/?taken-by=tolykay

Molly C. Quinn‏@MollyQuinn93

U can pick ur friends, u can pick ur nose, & u CAN pick ur friend's nose.

Taken by @ToksOlagundoye

@NathanFillion

Edited by madmaverick

It's just Castle fans' destiny to never see Nathan and Stana attend the PCAs together.  ;)

Although I'm almost certain it will never happen, I would love for them to appear together at some ceremony out the blue just to watch the universal fan meltdown on twitter and tumblr.

Did they even announce the award on stage or just on their website? ;)

I'm not sure but I can't get over how many different categories there were, I was scanning down the list on tumblr and it went on and on, I thought at the time if they had a formal presentation for every single one they'd be there until next Christmas.

CastleSeason8. Thanks for the correction.

Edited by verdana

Guess it was Tamala's turn to attend the PCAs this year. She was the only cast member who hadn't yet. And I think we all would agree her filming schedule is probably the lightest right now, ha. 

Some of the best acting of the winners' careers is the moment they act surprised that they won a PCA award. Kudos. 

• Love 1

I am sincerely glad that Stana, and Nathan won the awards this year, and even though I have not watched the actual PCA show since they forced Stana to take her award while introducing another category, I followed results on line. Afterwards, I thought, oh what the hey, here is my tweet to Hawley after POI won for best show.

https://twitter.com/castlefan6/status/685127271204564994

Will anyone listen? A tree falling in the forest.

Well we tried.  I was Surfing TV this past weekend trying to get rested to go back to work and hit a couple of shows I don't watch, Vikram was on Shameless playing some Doctor, he had more lines than he has in Castle but was as equally unimpressive.  Then Longmire and who do I see but Will Sorenson on a horse playing Chase the Deputy, apparently it was a 2 yr gig for Bailey Chase but I could only watch a few minutes before I had to continue surfing,

I've enjoyed the Firefly actors when they've guest starred on Castle.  Just a shame we never got to see Gina Torres act more with Nathan.  As long as people are good actors and there's a good story and the actor's a good fit for the story, it's irrelevant to me whether they once worked with the cast.  It's a plus, if anything, because it usually makes good chemistry easier to come by.   Nathan and Summer Glau were fun together in her brief cameo in Con Man but it sounds like she'll be playing a very different kind of character here.

Now if Mark Polish were to guest on Castle I would not look forward to it.  That guy's a terrible actor.  Glad this buddy of Stana's only directed a DVD extra, if he had to be involved.

If this is the episode where Stana was on holiday in Europe for most of filming, then I'm not surprised they got another foil for Castle for the episode.  I hope we'll still get some Caskett of course, and guys, it's one episode where you don't even know what the very next episode is about.  

Although I'm almost certain it will never happen, I would love for them to appear together at some ceremony out the blue just to watch the universal fan meltdown on twitter and tumblr.

It'll happen in another 10 years like TXF. ;)  But I could still do without the fan meltdown in 10 years.  Had enough of those to last a lifetime.  ;)

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

drstanakaticMe. And my hair. Trying to find our chill (obviously not succeeding)... after winning a PCA last night.

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

GLOBAL GROUP HUG!! You're an amazing audience. I love your wit, loyalty, sass, intelligence & kindness. We are so lucky. You guys have shown your love for all of us at #Castle time & time again.

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU! ♥❤

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAPcqpkx4X6/?taken-by=drstanakatic

Looks like Stana won't be totally absent from the latest Firefly reunion episode as this would seem to show her in make up getting ready for the final day's filming for 8x14.

I have no problem with the firefly reunions, its the lack of Castle/Beckett hype i have a problem with. Remember the days when the spoilers used to entice us with Caskett news? Now all these spoilers do is confirm that they rarely share screen time.

Well we tried. I was Surfing TV this past weekend trying to get rested to go back to work and hit a couple of shows I don't watch, Vikram was on Shameless playing some Doctor, he had more lines than he has in Castle but was as equally unimpressive. Then Longmire and who do I see but Will Sorenson on a horse playing Chase the Deputy, apparently it was a 2 yr gig for Bailey Chase but I could only watch a few minutes before I had to continue surfing,

The actor who plays Vikram is also on the second season of You're the Worst on FXX, and fittingly he's the worst in his small role as well.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame
  • Love 1

I've enjoyed the Firefly actors when they've guest starred on Castle.  Just a shame we never got to see Gina Torres act more with Nathan.  As long as people are good actors and there's a good story and the actor's a good fit for the story, it's irrelevant to me whether they once worked with the cast.  It's a plus, if anything, because it usually makes good chemistry easier to come by.   Nathan and Summer Glau were fun together in her brief cameo in Con Man but it sounds like she'll be playing a very different kind of character here.

Now if Mark Polish were to guest on Castle I would not look forward to it.  That guy's a terrible actor.  Glad this buddy of Stana's only directed a DVD extra, if he had to be involved.

If this is the episode where Stana was on holiday in Europe for most of filming, then I'm not surprised they got another foil for Castle for the episode.  I hope we'll still get some Caskett of course, and guys, it's one episode where you don't even know what the very next episode is about.  

It'll happen in another 10 years like TXF. ;)  But I could still do without the fan meltdown in 10 years.  Had enough of those to last a lifetime.  ;)

I agree, I think it is not only Firefly but also other work such as Dana Delany from Des Housewives, Kristen Lehman from Drive, Great Chemistry there and Summer is a good actress with bad shows.  TOTALLY Agree about the Leech Mark Polish, still don't know how he got so close to SK but we all have our weaknesses

There isn't much time left for Firefly reunions on Castle.

Jewel Staite (Kaylee) had a baby boy last month. And will be appearing on Legends of Tomorrow.

Sean Maher is mostly a househusband, it seems, with some voice acting.

Ron Glass seems to be mostly retired.

Morena Baccarin is in Arrow/Flash

I'd love to see Ron Glass as a crimelord.

Edited by femmefan1946
  • Love 1

I have no problem with the firefly reunions, its the lack of Castle/Beckett hype i have a problem with. Remember the days when the spoilers used to entice us with Caskett news? Now all these spoilers do is confirm that they rarely share screen time.

Yeah, I agree it is really a shame. I don't mind giving the actors a lighter schedule for one or two episodes, but they need to give us some episodes with Caskett togetherness. A Firefly actress appearing doesn't have to mean no Caskett, but the other spoilrrsnfor this episode suggest that.

Episode 14 us the best one they started before Christmas, right? Was Stana not around at all then or just not earlier this week?

Do we have info on other episodes though. They've only aired up through 8....14 is a while away.

I'm not disputing the lack of promotion for the leads, and this is also not meant as a strict defense of the idiot PTB who should be able to craft good episodes regardless of circumstances, but with - no doubt - increased vacations and shortened work weeks and God knows what else Katic and Fillion got in their contracts as perks, well...if half of the pairing is off doing other pursuits (be it one or the other), it's kind of hard to promote togetherness, you know?

I do think it was a huge mistake to give such perks if the end result was a lack of the draw that made most watch to begin with. But what's done is done. It'll be most interesting to see the ratings once the show returns on February 1st. And ABC should start to make a decision about another (possibly bad) season or allowing the show to wrap up.

• Love 1

Once unfortunate consequence of the long-arc plot development of S8 is that it seems to mean a number of eps of Castle interacting with ABB (Anyone But Beckett).

That is  something that does not work well as a steady diet.

• Love 4

It seems like no Beckett or Beckett lite eps tptb incentive is a firefly reunion lol. I really would love to see Alan or Jewel guest star too. Last thing I saw Sean in was in last season's Looking. I think Morena is way too busy with Gotham and back in Sep it was announced she was pregnant plus personal life drama.

It's a little over halfway thru the filming of the season and these show runners need some time to figure out how to wrap these storylines up if it's the last season or we might get a clunker like Sleeper for a series finale.

I stopped watching after the shark jumping episode in s7 - spy Castle saves the world while missing ep. Can't even recall the name. I was zoning out before then though ala since the finale. This show, for me, ended w. Veritas and that's how I will remember it. But I have to say seeing the casting and spoilers that creep into my twitter timeline makes me sad for the show I used to love.  I've said it before and I'll say it again ... the most interesting thing abt these final seasons will be the BTS info. that comes out years from now. B/c I'm not going to drink the "everything is peachy" kool-aid and ignore the giant, fat ass, elephant in the corner.  I wish all that still watch this show to enjoy. Sincerely. 

• Love 2
Glau will play Kendall Frost, a provocative private detective in Los Angeles who who competes with — you guessed it — Castle to solve a deadly mystery. She will appear in this season’s 14th episode.

Shouldn't that be Beckett he's competing with to try and solve a case?   Oh wait it's S8. I have nothing against Glau but that kind of news is not going to have me jumping up and down in excitement, Caskett is what sells but unfortunately that seems to be the one thing they can't use to promote the show any more quite like they used to do.

I'm surprised Alan hasn't appeared yet out of Nathan's acting buddies, he's the one of the Firefly group I'd love to see on Castle along with Monica, they wasted Gina's appearance and the Baldwin outings have been hit and miss for me.

Now if Mark Polish were to guest on Castle I would not look forward to it.  That guy's a terrible actor.  Glad this buddy of Stana's only directed a DVD extra, if he had to be involved.

That guy gives me the creeps, if he ever gets roped into a Castle episode that's definitely one I'd be skipping. I have no right to be advising Stana on her life choices but I wish she'd consciously uncouple from him lol.

Vikram was on Shameless playing some Doctor, he had more lines than he has in Castle but was as equally unimpressive.

The actor who plays Vikram is also on the second season of You're the Worst on FXX, and fittingly he's the worst in his small role as well.

Hmmm sounds like he's just a bad actor then and it's not the writing. I should be grateful he's only a recurring guest star, that's even more reason to pray they wind this Locksat business up asap we find out he's a baddie and he can get killed off. The guy has negative chemistry with Stana (which is unfortunate as she's the only one he really interacts with) and sucks the life out of every scene he's in. Urgh. 

And ABC should start to make a decision about another (possibly bad) season or allowing the show to wrap up.

I really, really hope they make that decision asap because they'll need that time to prepare properly but I fear due to various factors everything will be dragged out to the last minute, I'm still betting out of sheer greed and desperation (a predictable combination in Hollywood) on them squeezing another season out of this baby despite the ratings - I wouldn't be at all shocked if they went fractional at some point this season.  I'd hate some rushed ending when they try and cram all the things they need to into the last couple of episodes or worse they have Caskett's future hanging with some stupid big bad conspiracy cliffhanger - that would be my ultimate nightmare.  

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Castle: Gerald McRaney Joins Season 8 for 'Legendary' Multi-Episode Arc at TV Line

TVLine has learned exclusively that McRaney is set to appear in multiple episodes as Mason Wood, the head of a legendary and secretive private detective society.
It’s not clear how McRaney’s mysterious character figures into the ABC drama’s larger mythology (if at all), but he’ll first turn up in this season’s 14th episode — the Los Angeles-set outing that will also feature guest star Summer Glau.

How many private detectives do they need floating around on this show these days?  I understand a lot can happen yet but these recent spoilers for the upcoming episodes do nothing for me.  The general idea is to build excitement and intrigue but they're picking on all the wrong things to highlight in my book. 

I figure he does tie into the Castle mythology/Locksat in some way if it's a multi episode arc, Hawley said they would start delving into Castle's disappearance about that time.

Edited by verdana

Castle: Gerald McRaney Joins Season 8 for 'Legendary' Multi-Episode Arc at TV Line

How many private detectives do they need floating around on this show these days? That's two spoilers for the upcoming episodes that do nothing for me.

They do something for me. They peeve me off. In their next interview, if AH and TPW have the gall to say anything about this season being all about Casketts lovestory, i may toss my cookies.