Type keyword(s) to search

Sir Galavant: Heroic Hero

Galavant just makes me sad. He was so in love and he wasn't able to recover from that one.

Yeah, when Madalena told him that she was choosing wealth and position over love, he looked as though she had just kicked him in the stomach.  My advice to you, Galavant?  Ditch the gold-digger; she's getting exactly what she deserves in King Richard, and I think even she knows it.  You can do so much better -- even though she'd rather eat nails than admit it, I think Princess Isabella likes you!

• Love 2

But Isabella is also working for the king. I'm not really sure this is a situation in which Galavant can win, romantically speaking.

True, but I have a feeling that she'd turn on Richard in a heartbeat if she ever admitted her feelings for Galavant to herself (and Richard would be too much of a wimp to do anything about it, really.  It's one of the reasons that Madalena holds him in such a high degree of contempt.). It wouldn't be the first time that a double agent switched sides.

• Love 2

I can definitely see that. He's easy on the eyes, and I like that he's played by a relative unknown (to U.S. audiences.)

He was a principal actor in the first season of Rogue with Thandie Newton, a DirecTv original show. Son of a mobster trying to take over the business, all tatted up, but family man. Interesting show. Give it a try.

• Love 1

I find Gal very easy on the eyes; yes apparently I am shallow.

I'm shallow as well but I'm not sure where they're really going with him. I don't mind his rudeness to Isabella at first. They basically wrote him as Shrek for that section. But I do mind the lack of heroism in the other parts. The music isn't helping. The lyrics point to his heroism through a very narrow definition of masculinity (sexual prowess/toughness) and physical attractiveness (there's way too much of this). And the rest of the time we've got to deal with that ego of his. I think the actor is doing his best to be charming anyway and he has a nice smile but it doesn't take the place of solid writing. He's coming across more like a Disney villain than a hero. I feel like they're giving me Gaston and telling me he's Hercules.

I went to his IMDB to see what his bio was, and the thing that caught my eye was that he had a small part ("Jazzy Jeff", I think) in 'The Neighbors' last year.  I particularly remember the character; he was one of the aliens who'd come down to stir things up, and was incredibly good looking and snazzily dressed but was quite a dim bulb otherwise.  A very memorable little bit.

The cool thing about that was reading that the producers of Galavant had done 'The Neighbors' ..   In show biz I think a whole lot depends on who you worked with before.  Worked for him; and he's perfect for this. 

Bio-wise, I also learned that he was in a revival of "Mamma Mia" in London.

• Love 2

The cool thing about that was reading that the producers of Galavant had done 'The Neighbors' ..   In show biz I think a whole lot depends on who you worked with before.  Worked for him; and he's perfect for this.

I don't know if he was in that episode but I know Alan Menken wrote songs for an episode of The Neighbors. It almost got me to watch The Neighbors. Almost, but not quite.

• Love 1

To me, he has sort of a Michael Fassbender look to him, which, if nothing else, would make me watch all 6 episodes, but thankfully there's a lot more to offer (in terms of the character itself and the show).  

Watch the first season of Rogue to get your answer.

I Googled Rogue, with some extra keywords. I see what you mean. The other boys didn't make fun of him in the lockerroom. Edited by SmithW6079

I went to his IMDB to see what his bio was, and the thing that caught my eye was that he had a small part ("Jazzy Jeff", I think) in 'The Neighbors' last year. I particularly remember the character; he was one of the aliens who'd come down to stir things up, and was incredibly good looking and snazzily dressed but was quite a dim bulb otherwise. A very memorable little bit.

The cool thing about that was reading that the producers of Galavant had done 'The Neighbors' .. In show biz I think a whole lot depends on who you worked with before. Worked for him; and he's perfect for this.

Bio-wise, I also learned that he was in a revival of "Mamma Mia" in London.

I loved Jazzy Jeff at first sight! No wonder he was casrcas Galavant.

• Love 1