Type keyword(s) to search

Doc Baker: AKA Doc L'Orange

No, he said "I'm not a doctor, I'm a FUNERAL DIRECTOR" which always annoyed me. That's not a term they would have used. Undertaker or mortician, yes. Funeral director, hardly.

And he's always been my lovely orange man, bubbacat, and you know it.

• Love 2

No, he's mine. I'm wearing his colors right now. (Orange, of course.) I'm a woman. A woman!

You are right, of course. He did say "funeral director." And "Burn this place to the ground." A very dramatic moment that never fails to make me laugh hysterically. Yep, burn down the building invested with disease-carrying rats -- so they can all run out of the burning building to invade the rest of the town. Ah, Hiram.

I soooo wish I could take credit for Doc l'Orange. But someone else coined it on the old TWoP thread. It just always cracked me up.

I can take credit for renaming the "May We Make Them Proud" episode "May We Bake Them Brown." (It's the one where Alice Garvey and Mary's baby get fried.) It's my (very minor) claim to fame.

• Love 2

I always thought it was a stretch making Doc L'Orange a racist in the Dr. LeDoux episode. I mean, he had treated that old Indian chief, even helped Charles help them get away. He never seemed the least racist before.

Just watched an old Mission: Impossible episode where Kevin Hagen(Doc Baker) plays a ruthless hired criminal. The "tough guy" voice he uses, a deep, breathy monotone, was hilarious!

Mission1.jpg

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1
(edited)

One of the stations here played an episode of an old TV show before LHOTP called "Land of the Giants'.  Kevin Hagen was in it...It was just so odd to see him as a different character.

Edited by alegtostandon