Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Melinda Warner: She Knows Everything About Anything

ESS
  • Start Topic

Thanks, but I tend to like to separate the actress from the character (that's why I made the 2 threads it's just easier that way for me) since they are two different people it's just confusing to have both talk in one thread, but that's just me. 

Edited by LegaspiWeaver
(edited)

Let's Retro is a great Melinda episode, Shattered as well even though I can't watch it..Storm, Dominance but I loved that episode in general. I know I'm forgetting some, but those are just off the top of my head at the moment.

What's the show called?  Is it any good?

It's called The Red Road it's on the Sundance TV channel on Thursdays at 9pm EST (or at least it was). It'll be back in April for it's second season! I love it and I love seeing Tamara all the time. She's amazing in it! It's her first show where she's in it from the beginning and I love seeing her actually IN the credits and used.

Edited by LegaspiWeaver
  • Love 1

What was the episode in which Melinda helped best the doctor who was helping soldiers perform torture on others?  I remember that being another Melinda-centric episode.

That's Harm from season 9.

That's Harm from season 9.

I saw that one just this morning on USA.  And I have to say, I don't know whether to say Melinda was right or wrong here.  Faith did teach and oversee the tortures -- oh, I'm sorry, "interrogations" -- but it wasn't like she had any way of knowing that the (unseen) perp would kill either victim using those methods.

I loved seeing Melinda again in the recent episode! But it was way too short!! But I'm so glad I can see her on The Red Road still..

AMC revealed new additions to the cast of upcoming series “Dietland” from Marti Noxon, including Campbell Scott, Tamara Tunie, Alanna Ubach, Kelly Hu, Marc Blucas, Ami Sheth and Jen Ponton. They join previously announced leads Joy Nash and Julianna Margulies in the 10-episode drama series set to premiere with two back-to-back episodes at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Monday, June 4.

Source: Variety

1 hour ago, QueenMab said:

I guess nobody watches"Blue Bloods". Tamara Tunie is the Executive ADA on that show. Tom Sellecks daughter on the show is an ADA and Tunie's character is kind of her mentor.

I quit watching regularly a couple seasons ago at least.  I did watch the season opener only to find out that Linda had been killed off. I think I've watched 3 episodes this season the first two and one more recently and didn't see her in those. So no I didn't know she was on that show.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:38 AM, QueenMab said:

I guess nobody watches"Blue Bloods". Tamara Tunie is the Executive ADA on that show. Tom Sellecks daughter on the show is an ADA and Tunie's character is kind of her mentor.

I've watched I think maybe 2 of the episodes she's been in. I don't know if she's still on it or not or in any other episodes. 

I just posted that because everybody keeps asking/wishing for Tamara Tunie to be more present on SVU, we all liked her, but it looks like she moved on a couple of years ago. Her returning on a semi regular basis doesn't look promising.

On 3/31/2018 at 9:48 PM, QueenMab said:

I just posted that because everybody keeps asking/wishing for Tamara Tunie to be more present on SVU, we all liked her, but it looks like she moved on a couple of years ago. Her returning on a semi regular basis doesn't look promising.

Yeah well I’d rather see her in new things then SVU especially since they don’t know how to treat her or use her & it’s not really her show. I don’t even watch svu anymore & the only reason I’d ever watch is when Tamara is on which was only once unfortunately. 

• Love 1

I'm a long time fan of Tamara. (It started way back in the days of As The World Turns.)  I've always liked her character on SVU too.  I did get a laugh this weekend, when I saw an older episode of SVU and she was shown accompanying Olivia and Eliot into a the apt of a suspect in rape case.  She was there to take a cheek swab for DNA test.  The suspect's roommate answers the door half clothed and she voices regret that this roommate is gay, because he looks so fine and is not available to her.....lol.  Too funny.  It caught me off guard. I wonder where they got that line from. 

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:38 AM, QueenMab said:

Until getting knocked off in the finale this past season! She's always getting shot even though not a cop; so many times being an obstruction for someone's bullet! ;-)

11 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah that episode was Weak, from season 6, that was a great Warner moment, very funny. 

Yeah, it was.  That psychiatrist was just violating patient/doctor confidentiality all over the place.  And then Liv gets to announce that mentally ill patients don't have any constitutional rights.  They can be held against their own will if someone thinks they are justified.  Pretty bizarre, but, not really. 

• Love 1

Benson was a bitch throughout that episode, she was just as bad in that one as she is in the current episodes, she’s never been a likable character IMO and now that MH is an executive producer and Benson gets shoved down our throats she’s intolerable.

• Love 3