Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two General Discussion

(edited)

think we will see a parka anytime on this show?

I can donate an old parka to this cause.   anyone else?    Who's with me?????     RAWR !!!!!!!!!

historical average low temp in Hoonah, AK on 1 Feb:     26 degrees F.

historical average low temp in Chicago, IL on 1 Feb:     20 degrees F.

(source:       weatherforyou.com)

I can see it now.   Lower 48'ers from Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc will head to Hoonah for some warmer winter weather.

oh, yeah.    two week wait for lumber.   as winter begins.   not a problem.      

Edited by clod

Although they make a big deal out of how little money they have, I'm pretty sure they must have some money. When we don't see them barter for something, like pizza or junk from scrap yards, I bet that's because they paid cash. The film crew isn't really at their disposal, although they'd have to come through in a pinch, as they did when the boys were lost and the family asked the crew to call Search and Rescue. If the boat hadn't started, some of the crew might have gone back to film the parents getting all anxious and we wouldn't be supposed to know that they'd actually told them the kids were spending the night in Hoonah.

crazycatchick, you're not alone. I cringe whenever Ami talks about "grandbabies" and the term is definitely part of it.

I wasn't surprised to see Noah going with the others to entertain the girls. The fact that he's interested in someone doesn't mean he has to stop being sociable. He has kind of taken himself out of the running for them, as has Bear, conveniently making it only three brothers who need girlfriends. I'd be surprised if we ever saw the girls again, but I have to hand it to them for being willing to run that ridiculous obstacle course. I hope they got paid extra for that. And call me cynical, but I don't believed they rowed their little canoe all the way from town for that visit. I bet the deal was, "It's $x extra for each obstacle you complete, plus $X if you bring your own gun. And we take you and the canoe within camera range of the island, drop you off and pick you up."

If a drinking game was set up where one would take a swig every time someone in this episode said "girls!" or "grandbabies", I think I would have died of alcohol poisoning by now.  And yeah, I don't see how those girls in a canoe can somehow make it there all on their own when it takes a motorized boat an hour to get there.  Though I suppose if the Brown's boat wouldn't have started, there might be other girls in canoes who could have gotten them all back to Brownsville safely.  ;)

And the boys got to go on "dates" with those girls.  What about poor Snowbird?   Couldn't she have gone into town for a date as well?  Or does she have to canoe someplace else to find one herself?  :)

Another battery for that broken down boat might have been a bit more important to take back to Brownie Island than leftover pizza.  Not to mention something for the really, really cold and wet weather other than those leather coats they're currently wearing. 

Crazycatchic: I'm with you toots. If I had to pick one of the litter, it would have to be Matt. Because, I'd choke Gabe out over those, ugggggghhhhh, those friggen impersonations. Bam, oh my.....well yeah, his arrogance and, overbearing smartass attitude would last about 5 minutes with me. Bear, well I'll just let that speak for itself. And, last but not least, I'd wear my esophagus out, within a week, from vomiting over Noah's bullshit, crock of crap. So....yeah that boils everything down, with good ole Matt left in the bottom of the pot at least he's goofy and more social able than any of them!!! Lol! All jokes aside, there's a part of me that feels pity for the kids. Cause there are times when you can tell they've been used for doing all the work for the families benefits. And even with problem solving, the majority of the time it's Billy who sits in silence, while the kids either put forth the ideas to fix the problem or definitely put forth the brut force to fix whatever "conundrum" their mom and dad has got the family into. I'm just hooked on the delightfully morbid train wreck of Brown Town. I hope the power never goes out on a Friday....if so, I hope dish provides some type of back up plan for my viewing pleasure...oh wait...they do....it's called dish on demand! How silly of me!

Dearest Beden, enlighten me....which of the Brown troop would you pluck away from Hell-vile

Dearest Beden, enlighten me....which of the Brown troop would you pluck away from Hell-vile

Oh yikes, Ridgey, you put me on the spot here. Ignoring that fact that I'd be cradle robbing ; my own ole granny's second husband after she was widowed was a quite wonderful man 17 years her junior; he was (I'm not lying here) the funeral director of her first husband's funeral--the town matrons are still gossiping about that one, don'tcha know? I have this great fantasy of him sidling up to her at the after funeral reception and asking 'so, hey, you busy later....?'

Okay, going down the list--first of all, call me a princess, but they'd have to use that dribble shower on a more regular basis and maybe barter for some deodorant.

Matt--cute and not stupid but clearly has daddy issues at 32 and needs to pull his imaginary bootstraps up and back off from the saran wrap houses. He's also going gray (hell, so am I) which lends him an air of being on the shelf a tad too long.

Bam. Okay, I actually love the name, funny stuff. He's smart and is squashed by dad who seems a bit threatened by the fact that he may have his shit together more than Billy does. He could be fun and I suspect he's smarter than he's given credit for. He loses serious points for screwing up that boat landing--frankly, I could have done that better.

Bear. Um...no. Just no.

Noah. Actually kind of sweet, is a reader (so am I) and seems to yearn for a somewhat more refined life than sitting in the rain on a wet log. He's also creative with the electronics and homemade solutions--this is a good thing. My ex was like that before he descended into severe mental illness (sadly, a true thing). He's still young enough that I'd even give him a pass for his constantly quoting Shelley and that ilk or whomever he quotes. He just needs some seasoning fora few years and I'd keep wanting to pat him on the head and tell him how sweet it was that he read Emily Dickinson to me.

All in all I think I'd have to go with Cupcake.

I can donate an old parka to this cause.

Ah dammit, Clod--I gave my old extra coats to the local coat drive a few months ago.

And we take you and the canoe within camera range of the island, drop you off and pick you up."

Certainly that's not out of the range of possibilities but I know people who think nothing of canoeing all day, though usually down a local river. I could see local ladies being adept at canoes. So...maybe. And I'd also buy that they's travel with a weapon; between the bears and not really knowing the boys and their nutso family, yeah.

I can see it now.   Lower 48'ers from Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc will head to Hoonah for some warmer winter weather.

Or, possibly, the Florida Keys...anyone with me?

As for the $ for the take out pizza--I'm still seriously wondering how much the Brownies are banking from this fabulous, addictive train wreck.

Another two weeks till they get the wood? Even Mr Mayor was shaking his head at that stupidity.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1

Certainly that's not out of the range of possibilities but I know people who think nothing of canoeing all day, though usually down a local river. I could see local ladies being adept at canoes. So...maybe. And I'd also buy that they's travel with a weapon; between the bears and not really knowing the boys and their nutso family, yeah.

Right. I'm not saying it's not possible and I'm sure the young women are quite capable at both canoeing and shooting. Just pointing out that producer intervention is more likely in some areas than in others.

Bahahahahahahaha Beden, I'm with you....Florida Keys it is! But, I want Clod, Crazycatchic, and everyone else on this discussion to go, too. Because seriously, I've never laughed so much, from reading, in my life! The dog has stopped looking at me now, with my constant outbursts of laughter. So, thankfully, my trip to Shady Oaks Mental Hospital has been postponed.

I too, would be robbing the cradle and would never. However, I do have a sister (not grandmother) who robbed the cradle and plucked a, 15 years younger than her, gent. This story of yours is one of my favorites. And, I've come to the conclusion that a biography of your life, is where the money is! Screw the previous ideas of debunking Billy Brown's bullshit life.

Now, back to the discussion. I've also pondered on what the Browns are paid. I've also just made the strange comparison, that Birdie is the same age as my oldest son. And mind wise, they're miles apart. Statistics say girls mature faster than boys, but not in this case. Kinda sad actually. But, I need to look up how old Ami is. Because for some reason thinking of her being pregnant at the same time as I was, has freaked me out. And I don't know why!

I've also just made the strange comparison, that Birdie is the same age as my oldest son. And mind wise, they're miles apart. Statistics say girls mature faster than boys, but not in this case. Kinda sad actually. But, I need to look up how old Ami is. Because for some reason thinking of her being pregnant at the same time as I was, has freaked me out. And I don't know why!

So, based on a pic they showed of her and young Billy, let's assume she was somewhere in her early 20's when Matt was born 32 years ago. So maybe mid-fifties? She looks early 70's to my eyes.

And yeah, my son is 26 now, is fully employed and self-supporting,  thank god. He likes to camp but he's also a fan of hot showers and living inside when it's winter, snowing and frigging cold out. Clearly, I raised that youngun right, dang it! Now, if he would just ditch his loser girlfriend...

I've also pondered on what the Browns are paid.

C'mon--someone must have a lead on this....group? Anyone have any thoughts. Even if the production company is getting the entire family dirt cheap, it's gotta be at least $100K for the group a season. Anyone???

A book of my little life? Fiddle-dee-dee.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1

Okay, going down the list--

aha!      did you reveal your choice by leaving one out?     (hint:   tank top)   

more observations........   Matt's pants looked dirty as they were arriving at the junkyard.    gotta think disco re-shot that scene.    I don't think he got spiffed up for town and wore obviously dirty pants.

those town girls were probably surprised to see new guys show up at the restaurant.   after all, Hoonah population is abut 800.   new guys with a steady job.     ??    oh, I'm talking about the camera crew.   hahaha

favorite moment -  when the town girl pulled out her own gun.    :)

• Love 1

I'm in for the Florida Keys! I live in Chicago...Thursday when I left for work it was zero. ZERO! I had 4 layers of everything and was still freezing until the heat got going in my car. No idea how the Browns stay warm in those leather jackets.

I too noticed Matt's filthy jeans. And then he came to the pizza place and took some of those nachos. Yuck.

• Love 1

aha!      did you reveal your choice by leaving one out?     (hint:   tank top)

Oh crikey, so I did...silly old me.

Gabe--the side burns alone are enough to scare me off and the impersonations; um, another just flatout no.

I'm still saying Cupcake looks like the primest manmeat with the fewest issues in that particular group. He could bond with my Roger ( a purebred American Canine Rescue Mutt).

So, everybody in the boat for the Keys, right? Having a warm spell here which shall end this evening with the expected sleet storm which will end up dumping ice on the 1 1/2 foot + of snow currently on the ground. I may have to pull out my leather jacket to warm up...okay, actually I'm going to get the wood stove going.

• Love 1

I live in Chicago...Thursday when I left for work it was zero. ZERO! I had 4 layers of everything and was still freezing until the heat got going in my car.

now I have a dilemma.    send ParkaPackage ©   to Hoonah, or to Chicago?    hmmmm

• Love 1

I will say, having just watched the show, that in the background of one of the "the boys freak out the visiting girls" shots (I think it was when the girl who brought her own gun was shooting) there was a big white boat floating in the bay which wasn't the Browns' boat.  Maybe the girls canoed in from the big boat?

• Love 1

Fiscal: not sure but I'll re-watch and see if I can tell.

Beden: I've tried researching about how much they make and literally it just takes me to the discovery channel websight, every single time. Which reveals nothing. And the discussions and comments on there just piss me off!!!! It's, "where can we send movies"..."where can we send clothes".... "Billy God will continue to bless you and your wonderful family, because you put him first"..gag, gag, gag... Unless the idiots that make these comments, just watch but, don't listen or just flat out ignore what big Billy and clan are all about. I mean heaven & earth they purposely move onto properties that do NOT belong to them, so that "they can do whatever they want and no one can make them leave."

Now not trying to get off subject, and just a fun fact, "Naked and Afraid" pays the people that who appear on the show, nada! The folks do it for sheer bragging rights. But, I can't find any info on what the Browns or any other Alaskan based shows and if they're paid. I'll agree with you, Beden, that indeed $100,000.00 is probably a fair guess. But, I'll try and find out for sure. Because it's just bugging the crap outta me!

Clod: I'll just say, lower 48ers should take care of our own. Bahahahahahaha! Needless to say Crazycatchic is OUR OWN!!!! So parka package will be expected in 2-3 business days.

Also, Beden who's the skipper, who's on docking duty, and more importantly, when are we all pulling out for the Keys? (I learned all these jobs, just by watching....you guessed it!

Edited by Ridgerunner

Hold on there, Ridgey--you're pregs? You get the seat of honor on either the fantail or sunning up on deck down at the Keys, young lady. We shall wait on you hand and foot, hand you the barfbag as needed and make sure you step away from the margaritas. I even used to have a preggo bathing suit back in the day and a damn fetching look it was, too.

The other boat in the background (which I didn't take note of but believe it was there) may have belonged to the film crew. I don't know, just sayin' maybe.

And the discussions and comments on there just piss me off!!!! It's, "where can we send movies"..."where can we send clothes".... "Billy God will continue to bless you and your wonderful family, because you put him first"..gag, gag, gag...

Thank you. God knows I have less than no problem helping those who genuinely need help (I've been known to found and spearhead charity things for various good causes, thank you. I'm currently dealing with the local food bank and local literacy project--fine, call me a knee-jerk liberal), I have a bad gut reaction to scam artists who essentially steal from people in real need; that pisses me off. I hadn't realized that these grifters have real fans. I know, call me naive and I hadn't given it any thought until Clod quite rightly brought it up. Essentially those clothes, DVD's and whatever else are likely ending up god knows where--maybe sold, maybe in the dead letter file.

I also don't believe that they're as broke as they claim--there'd be no reason for them to do this show if they weren't being paid enough to make being followed worthwhile. They're risking having every bad, illegal, shady thing they've ever done exposed so they're getting enough to make the risk worth taking.

Okay-so we're agreed? The Browns do not join us in the Keys. Cripes, they'd sink the damn boat just pulling away from the damn dock.

• Love 1

Bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! I'm not prego, BUT AM GOING TO CLAIM TO BE, NOW FOR SURE!!!! Clod, Crazycatchic, Fosca, Passing Stranger, Brgjoe are not stealing my seat of honor! No no!!! FURTHERMORE, I'm not only going to claim pregnancy, but I'm going to lie and say I'm in the most delicate stages of pregnancy. Bahahahahaha. Sorry I confused you Beden. Hahahahaha I have a tendency to do that, when I get wound up. And I agree a 100% on helping people who need it. That's why those comments piss me off so bad. The thoughts of babies doing without or our elders not being able to afford their medications.....infuriates me! If people feel the "need" to charity someone, they could go to their local pharmacy tell the pharmacist "hey, I'd like you to randomly pull up any senior citizens, that may have problems paying for their medicines. I want to pay for their medications this month. Or, like the programs you help with, Beden. Go to your local food pantry service, and buy up tons of non perishables, for families in need. I can't help it, I just don't like moochers.

(edited)

a few years ago, I read something memorable in a newspaper story about the Indianapolis food pantries.

a manager was talking about the food donations- where it comes from, what people choose to take.  some take fresh fruit and veggies.  others take dried basics (pasta, beans, flour),  others take canned goods.

he said everyone takes a jar of peanut butter.    

Edited by clod

he said everyone takes a jar of peanut butter.

It's the perfect food--filled with protein and good things, relatively cheap, easy to use in a sandwich or whatever-- so the food pantries can't keep it on the shelf. They often have to ration diapers to maybe one package a month per family as they're relatively expensive so harder to get them donated. It's not uncommon for the folks in need to rinse the disposables and reuse them. This is not a good idea, needless to say.

Okay, Ridgey--pregs or not, no margaritas for you, missy! Though seriously liking the fund a seniors meds for a month idea.

Okay, we're getting off topic here, darnit. Filming must have ended a few months ago, anyone have any updates of our kids since filming ended? Inquiring minds really want to know.

• Love 1

Ha ha awesome point Clod! Have we every seen a jar of peanut butter in the hands of the Brown's? I personally, like to, occasionally, eat a spoonful, right off the spoon.

Beden, good for you, and all your hard work, too. Let, me say I live in a relatively poor area, and if it weren't for comotaties and toys for tots then a lot of people and babies would go without. I love helping any way I can. And these aren't people who say, "we want to live off the grid. No technology, no one to tell us what to do. Unless of course, it's when we need the Internet, to promote my book, and use boat radios to call for help, or go into town, to get handouts for food, medical needs, and any materials we need." No the last time I checked, that's called, "HAVING YOUR CAKE AND EATING IT, TOO!" I know I'm beating this dead horse to mush. I guess it just feels nice to know I'm not the only one, that thinks bumming is bullshit! And, nice to know that there are people in the world who like to help those in need. Cause I love to! I'm going to check for updates now, Beden.

Edited by Ridgerunner

NewsFlash: This show is a sham. They are currently filming on a plot of leased land about 30 minutes away from Hoonah, AK – a small island community near Juneau. A locally hired construction crew is almost done building their cabin for them. They stay at a lodge here in town when they aren’t filming and shop at the grocery store here in town; carted around by hired vans. The only reality to this show is that it is actually filmed in Alaska. Period.

Beden everything before your name, came from a guy that lives in Hoonah. He just put his name as Hoonah Steve. He also says that Ami's cookbooks are being peddled in their town's small stores.

I'll go back if you want and send you the link to it. I thought it was on here, guess I messed up.

Edited by Ridgerunner
  • Love 1

Clod: I'll just say, lower 48ers should take care of our own. Bahahahahahaha! Needless to say Crazycatchic is OUR OWN!!!! So parka package will be expected in 2-3 business days.

Awwww thanks guys!

So since a construction company is building their cabin, are they really going to live there once it's complete?

• Love 1

I think so. But, I'm telling you, if you watch Birdie's YouTube channel (there's not that many videos), they travel to different areas to hunt. Not like poor pitiful us, we have to travel to kill our meat because, our food is migrating...But, more like I'm going to take you to your favorite hunting place because it's your birthday. And if I'm not mistaken that costs a chunk of money! She made a video on a laptop, and posted it to her YouTube channel, a couple of years ago. And she was like "this is my favorite place to hunt, and we're here for a week, beacause its my birthday! I'm so excited!" It may not be in thoe exact words. But, you get my point.

So who knows what or how many properties they have. Cause apparently Alaska is like the old West, you just stake your claim and that's it. Or at least that's how the Browns make it sound.

Edited by Ridgerunner

Okay, we knew that this was a complete pile of fake but the extent is impressive.

So, correct me if I've got this wrong;

they don't own the land they've been saving, hoping and praying for all their lives,

they're not building the family homestead (but a hired crew is doing it for them),

they don't really live in that campsite while said crew builds their house/cabin for them, but live in an apartment or something

they don't actually have to hunt to eat but hit the local A&P/Safeway/Whole Foods at will

they're not 'off the grid' but have access to internet and technology which they know how to use

they have $ through various ventures, ie, payments for this show, Ami's and Billy's books, etc.

they don't necessarily hunt for need but because they enjoy it

So--this would explain (among other things) why no one raised any objections to Ami braving the wilds with her 75 abscessed teeth, how the girls have cosmetics in the bush, why they have little need for appropriate clothing, why no one seems concerned that winter is 5 minutes away and they're living in rough shacks without heat, they seemed thrilled by the dribble shower...I could go on but I suspect you get my drift.

Oh, dear god--let there be another season, please!!!

So since a construction company is building their cabin, are they really going to live there once it's complete?

Of course they are, every second the cameras are running.

from a guy that lives in Hoonah. He just put his name as Hoonah Steve.

I think he's just bent out of shape because the boys were likely hitting on either his sister or his girlfriend. You know, just a jealous killjoy.

And Ridgey--please send that link, I'm waiting here with baited breath. (And kudos to you for your good searching, darlin'!)

• Love 2

Thanks for the link, Ridgey--interesting reading. I can't help it, though--I'm still on pins and needles wondering if they'll be renewed for Season #. Does anyone have any idea how many more episodes we have in store for us?

I'm also wondering if the younger kids (like Rain--isn't she like 15 or something?) actually went to any real schools as opposed to being completely home schooled. I know in my state you have to be in some school until 16--and, yes, home schooling counts but the kid has to be able to demonstrate that they're doing the work and are up to speed in the various subjects.

If the family is/was under some kind of indictment for not living in Alaska for the required # of days to receive their payout, then I'd think that they're now on the radar of whatever state department oversees that and must be aware of this show--hence IRS and state taxes will be looking over their shoulders. Plus the production must be reporting their income unless they're listed as independent contractors. Oh, to be a fly on the wall...

• Love 1

Does anyone have any idea how many more episodes we have in store for us?

I have no idea.    but since winter is setting in,  I expect the snow will trigger a special episode.    the 4th of July episode.

• Love 1

I'll research and see. Plus I'll link the sights where I find any answers. I hope they continue...seriously! If they can keep on and on with 19 and counting (which I cant stand that show, because of sheer breeding exploitation!!! Sorry to anyone that can, but that's truly how I feel). Surely, they can see fit to hang with "Brown Town" for a couple more years! I hope Matt's love for "7 Brides for 7 Brothers", will ring a bell in the directors head and we'll have a spin off.

14 episodes this season! http://www.locatetv.com/tv/alaskan-bush-people/8611328/episode-guide

Admits the kids were home schooled and that he used to write short stories and books for the kids and that one day my son, put one of the books or stories online.

http://www.thewrap.com/tca-animal-planet-wrangles-own-duck-dynasty-alaska-bush-family/

The charges and amounts the Browns were charged with:

http://www.adn.com/article/20141022/stars-alaska-reality-tv-show-charged-pfd-fraud

Matt, Bird, & Rain were the 3 not charged in the fraud case

Also Beden, on one of Bam's YouTube videos there's a pic of a summons to appear in court. Charge is destruction of government property. I'm going to try and find out what he destroyed.

As for the home-schooling, I saw Ami studying with her once and she (Rain) didn't want to read the the story but, wanted Ami to read it for her. That was when they were in the trappers shack from season one. But, I know when my youngest wanted to be home schooled there was a teacher that came by at least once a week to pick up and drop off lessons. Also to see if my son as having any issues with the lessons. But, I don't know how it works in other states especially, Alaska.

Edited by Ridgerunner

Bahahahahaha some chic on the discovery sight, said that Billy must be allergic to work cause he gets sick every time they have to build. And it's always when they need him most!

This is irrelevant as crap but, does Billy smoke? Does anyone know? He sounds at certain times like he does. His mustache has that nicotine colored yellowy, streak in it. And it looks to me like his fingers have a yellowy looking stain on them. But, let's face it....ALL THEIR HANDS HAVE SOME KIND OF STAIN ON THEM. DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I WANT TO KNOW JUST CURIOUS.

14 episodes of this season's train wreck? And we're only on #7? Fabulous! Ridgey, you've made my semi-frozen day--thank goodness I managed to get that local crew to the homestead (which I don't own...) to build my cabin for me while I'm too busy entertaining the local swains on my backyard obstacle course/shooting range and boating into town to hit the junk yard and fulfill my pizza yen.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1

I can donate an old parka to this cause.   anyone else?    Who's with me?????     RAWR !!!!!!!!!

(source:       weatherforyou.com)

oh, yeah.    two week wait for lumber.   as winter begins.   not a problem.      

Can you see their breath when they talk? I can't remember.

Beden: Bahahahahaha not a problem. I'm pretty excited, too. Sick and twisted we are. But good to know we are not alone. Lol! I just want to see how long it takes for Billy to remember the ticking time bomb, of festering infection, inside his wife's mouth. I mean although everybody was cheering her on as the toughest woman on the earth, the absesses, are only waiting at bay. I've been lucky enough in life to only have dental problems that consisted of troublesome wisdom teeth. However, my older sister, jackass that she is (scared of a dentist, bullshit), let her teeth swell up so bad once, that she got a stretch mark on her cheek. Teeth are not something you want to screw with. But, we shall see. I guess from the looks of things Billy's sick this week. So onward we march, counting down the minutes until Friday night! Whew hew!!!!

Xls: occasionally but not all the time. Maybe at night I think.

Why do they talk like that?

Aye, there's a question for you...because most of them are missing half of their teeth? Because they've been (maybe) living 'in the bush' and thus didn't have the influence of non-'accented' speech? Because they're twits?

And I had one abscessed tooth once, maybe 20 years ago...seriously painful and required a 2 week antibiotic treatment before the dentist would touch it. Major unpleasant, painful and dangerous. Ami is an idiot for letting this ride and her family are idiots squared--this isn't something to screw around with. They may have a cozy apartment to retreat to while a hired crew builds them the homestead but, unless she's also seeing a dentist while they're between film shoots (if there's a dentist in that small village), they're dumber than should be legal, no matter how good they may be at grifting. But (and JMO), she looks too cheerful to be fighting that kind of pain and so suspect she's been fixed up off camera and likely at the expense of the production company to keep filming on schedule. Jeez, I'm such a cynic...

4 fucking degrees when I woke up this morning, thank you, and that's with the sun shining to add solar warmth. The cat has resorted to the generally unused litterbox instead of sticking his furry self out the pet door. The dog is blaming me personally. I'm currently wearing 2 sweaters over a thermal shirt until I get the wood stove going. And I'm in the Northeast of the lower 48.

But...TGIF!!!!!

• Love 2

Beden, as always, never disappointed!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA a cynic, my sweetness, in the great words of my father, "if Billy Graham could live with these mean friggers for a week and not cuss, I'd give that man a damn $100 bill! Ok the friggers were me and my 5 siblings. Cause we were indeed mean lol, especially me. Now take the comment about Billy Graham, replace mean friggers with the jackass Brown Bunch, now switch the cussing with being cynical, and there you have it! Lol! They beg for it! And as usual, I too agree, that "Am" as Billy calls her, has had those bad boys yanked out. And slasher boy, WHY they talk that way, bewilders me! Billy and Ami are both from Texas and even though hers isn't as thick as his accent, you can still pick up on it. They would and have laid it to......."never having any company or having no one to talk to but each other." However, I'm partial to Beden's answers, as I always am!!!! And, as Beden, also, said, I'm so happy we've come full circle, to this.........drum role please.......ANOTHER FRESH, UNSEEN, EPISODE, OF THESE FAKE, IGNORANT, BEAUTIFUL, MESS OF PEOPLE! I can hardly wait!!!!

Jeez, no comments? I guess everyone is as gobsmacked and speechless as I am about last night's epic episode.

Dad gets sick and we learn that everyone is super worried because he was in an unexplained coma at some past point and so if he gets a splinter he could have a repeat occurrence and die. Then mom and dad take the big boat to town so he can see a doctor, leaving 'the kids' all alone for the firstest time ever, forcing them to use a twelve (or whatever) foot skiff with a 25 HP outboard to haul 900 tons of lumber to the homestead. This takes 7,000 trips and is seemingly accomplished in one day while down a man when Matt takes to his bubble house with the flu or something. Meanwhile Noah and Snowgirl were building a lift/treehouse thing to store the non-existant food to protect it against the bears. Not a bad idea but maybe a bit late in the game to just now get to it? Show of hands--anyone surprised?

How they managed to miss a monsoon, heavy rain and whipping winds, I'll never know. As all the wood is supposedly relocated mom and dad arrive just in time to see the huge pile (enough for a shed to my eyes and nowhere close to the full pile at the lumber mill) all is well; dad is all better, Matt seems over his sniffles and life is perfection in Browntown once again as they all pitch in to get the flooring nailed in place. Rainy must have been away, doing the cooking or playing with her dolls as she seemed to be MIA this week.

Next we heard a voice over telling us that next week is the 'midseason break'. Huh? Wha?? You mean next week is the last ep until they decide to air the rest of the season? Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm completely verklempt.

Oh, and FYI, it was up to 15 this morning (better than last night's 6) and the afternoon's snow storm seems to have started by 8 AM. Sigh...

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1

Oh, and FYI, it was up to 15 this morning (better than last night's 6) and the afternoon's snow storm seems to have started by 8 AM. Sigh...

We are under a wind chill advisory tonight through tomorrow! I better pile on the leather jackets!!

I didn't finish watching the episode yet but I did see the part about the "unexplained" coma. Ami also mentioned something about how his lungs didn't function properly. I think someone above asked if he was a smoker. I am now wondering the same thing. Maybe he has emphysema or something. Which, I'm assuming one should not be out in cold weather for extended periods of time with a condition like that.

• Love 1

Ami also mentioned something about how his lungs didn't function properly. I think someone above asked if he was a smoker. I am now wondering the same thing. Maybe he has emphysema or something. Which, I'm assuming one should not be out in cold weather for extended periods of time with a condition like that.

It sounds like 2+2=4 to me. Yes, yellowed beard, poor lung function after a life spent in cold, wet situations which he continues to put himself and his family through. I get that 'I gotta be me' thing and choosing to put yourself in an unhealthy but personally fulfilling lifestyle for yourself, but to subject your entire family as well by essentially isolating them from a more standard life...okay, fine so long as they all genuinely have free choice as opposed to the whole we're a wolfpack, one for all, all for one mentality. But that's just me.

• Love 1

Yep Beden, Happy Valentines Day!!!!! And you have literally made me laugh until I've cried. And had to get up and go to tinkle, (a sick twisted thing I've done that since I was little. Laugh so hard I'd have to make a move). Oh my god......you're the best!!!!

I read that there are 14 episodes (link above)... Mid season finale? What the hell is that, about?

Poor Matt, "we don't want the bad karma of killing a bear on us?" Uhhhhhhh I've never seen anything but bad karma for them. Plus, it's meat.

I love it Beden!!! I swear you're the best!!!! You've pretty much summed it up. All I can add, is they just missed the perfect opportunity to off princess puss..... Lol!! For some reason her whining, over "accented" voice makes me want to choke her, slightly!

Yeppers Crazycatchic, plus his coughs sound rough all the time! Coming from 7 family members who smoked and being the only one who didn't, well you form an ear for the old smokers cough.

And Fosca in case you read this, the boat you saw in the background, on the girls trip out to Brown Town, belonged to the crew. That's pretty much where they live. See, on the safe & sound, boat they don't have to worry about widow makers, and monsoons.

I agree with you Beden. I was looking at Bam last night, and noticed his grey hair, and Matt has loads, actually it's his hair color. But anyway, kinda got sad for them. That old, no kids, no wives, lay down at night alone. Just pitiful if you think about it. Big Bill and Am talking about a 100 grandkids running around, well the older boys are nearing the age where most people STOP having kids. Though, Am herself kept popping them out til age 95.....just pisses me off. Like you said, forcing your bullshit views on your kids, it's sickening. Like Gabe said once, "oh my mom and dad have told me, go have a life." Ok, how the hell does that happen when you have NO MONEY, live 75 miles from nowhere, and the only transportation that's out there, is a skiff that is 150 years old, and has a couple plugs in the bottom of it, that Noah rigged up with wrapping paper and scotch tape.

I saw some hats in this episode!        yeah!

did the dad have wet hair when he stepped off the boat after seeing the doc?   it's when he says it's good to be back.   did I see that right?    when I am sick, I try to stay warm and dry.

while typing this, I got the idea that he was probably  transported by a crew boat.

oh, yeah.    plastic house was still there.    I thought a tree fell on it during the storm .    that it was resurrected and in use shows that it was important.

there was some snow in the previews.       will a parka make an appearance?  Parka-Watch!

Edited by clod

And happy V-D day right back at everyone--snowing to beat the band here but up to 25 (as the sun goes down, such as it is...), we shall see what tomorrow brings; it's supposed to be stupid cold and high winds.

Yes, I also noticed that Bill's hair was wet as they got back to camp and wonder what the actual time line was here. Matt seemed completely recovered from his flu (or acted like it, anyway) and they seemed to imply that all the wood got moved. Of course we know that a hired construction crew was at work so it's possible that the barge was simply kept out of sight.

And you're right, Ridgey; okay, I was 35 when my youngun appeared (I was referred to as a 'geriatric mother' by the OB, which I found a bit rude and harsh) and realize that girls and boys are different when it comes to these things but it seems to me that they might want to get those grandbabies started if they're serious about that. I'd also suggest that the boys turn themselves into men before they decide to make that kind of commitment.

A mid season break--that's just...wrong...

Midseason break?  Are they hibernating for winter as well? 

And speaking hibernating, shouldn't those bears be starting to hibernate as well now?   For those that aren't, if one does wander into Brown-town, why not have him for dinner?  It's not like their food stores are overflowing at this point.  And they have this thing called "winter" which is approaching (or has already approached) and they don't have any provisions stored or sturdy shelter completed at this point.  Geesh.

Bill is sick again.  Amazing that he comes down with something when they have to start building.  Didn't that happen last season?  And if I were someone who could drop into a multiday coma at the drop of a hat, I don't think I'd choose to live in the Alaska wilderness, far far away from anything resembling a hospital.  Oh, and what did they use to barter their doctor visit with?  Snowy/Rainy's dolls, perhaps?  Leftover pizza, maybe?

Decent idea to store the food above ground.  But don't you need a lot more of those things (i.e. a lot more space) to store food for all those mouths to feed over the course of the winter? 

The theater of the absurd continues.  But I still watch.  :P

Decent idea to store the food above ground.  But don't you need a lot more of those things (i.e. a lot more space) to store food for all those mouths to feed over the course of the winter?

Which is another thing; here in the Northeast of the lower 48, our bears can climb trees--they're quite good at it, in fact. I'm no expert regarding the types of bears up in Alaska but don't they also climb? I'm sure I've seen pictures in Nat Geo Magazine or someplace. I know having food stores up high like that is a common thing but...

And, okay, we all know that this show is total BS but you could drive trucks and entire freight trains through the holes in the storylines. Much as I'm loving this mess (and, of course, the aftersnark with y'all), it's coming to the point where I just watch to throw darts at the idiocy. I wonder how much those local young ladies were compensated to engage in that 'date' episode, how much the local construction people were paid to build the cabin, how much the production company paid for the apartment in Ketchican (sp?), how much did the producers pay to lease the 'homestead' land and how long the lease runs, where they found the guy who traded whatever it was for two falling apart boats, if those two little windows will make an appearance in the finished structure and how many others will miraculously appear and so on.

So many questions, so little time. I know, I know--I'm over thinking this.

10 degrees, high winds through late this afternoon, just 2 or 3 inches of new snow. I may brave it and go get the newspaper. Maybe.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1

Oh friends fear not mid season break only means the assurance that, yes yes goodie goodie, yet, another beautiful 7-8 episodes. Now, by this time in the Browns positively wonderful, longing to live bush style, I am sure the dribble of the old green monster, cash, has began to taste pretty sweet to the moron we have learn named Billy Brown, now I'm up for bids and bets on what's to come!

The Kilchers have been on a while and had a grandbaby and we've watched it grow. Maybe, just maybe, the girls may come back, lol and a bush wedding, and bush baby, and all kinds of jazz.

Wonder why in the first episode when Billy got sick they didn't mention the coma ordeal...but we can "why" all day long and never get it figured out. They'll come back after mid season finale and boom, drive one nail into the porch and look as though they worked during the finale break, but we, will know the truth. Lol I can't wait.

p.s. You girls bundle up!!! I got frostbite on my pinky toe just hearing about the weather where you are.

Bundle-schmundle. I found a fabulous all rabbit fur trappers hat at Goodwill the other day, just needing new chin straps which I put on yesterday. 'Wore it to clear the snow just now and was toasty warm, thank you. Not much snow here, just a couple of inches but it was 11 when I woke up, heating pipes frozen (though I still have water, power and, of course the fireplace/woodstove) with about a cord left in the piles so I'm fine, thanks. The plumber should be on the way to charge me an arm and a leg to thaw the basement pipes--maybe I could work a barter....?

Now, I'm just sick thinking about Browntown being beset by bears as the boys try to go a'courtin' down in the village. And am I the only one wondering if they're going to use moss to insulate the new homestead?

• Love 1

I found a fabulous all rabbit fur trappers hat at Goodwill the other day, just needing new chin straps which I put on yesterday.

are you going to keep it or donate it to a certain bush family?    ;)   

Edited by clod
  • Love 1

No way, Beden. You're our ring leader! They'll have to keep getting their head colds. But, I can't chance you getting pneumonia. How in the devil am I gonna get my twisted laughs if our whole group isn't carrying their humorous weight?

After thinking long and hard over your pipe freezing problems, I've come up with a plan. We are gonna barter any household or automotive repairs, that our forum brothers and sisters need. These bartering get togethers, can also consist of homestead upkeep as well. Now, I know we live a minute or two away from each other. But, I believe with a gps and enough backtracking, we can do this.

The way I see it, if people as brain dead as the Browns can get through life without paying for anything, we've got this!!!! And, as long as we don't have to stop for flat tires every 100 miles, get ambushed by the government, or sink any boats on our way, we can do the traveling pretty quick.

And from the competitive eye, I say we can do it, without all the unnecessary luxuries. Just like them! This will keep trunk space at a maximum. And without all those pesky items, (such as deodorant, shampoos, or basically anything thy we could muffle our BO with) clogging up our trunks cracks and crevices, think of all the space we'll have for our pioneer tools. I have a nice crosscut saw from my pappaw's childhood. I figure me and Clod could take out any widow makers, overhanging our bubble villages. Which brings me to our next building material while camping out on each of our homesteads....Saran wrap! Grab as much as each of you can carry. Let's face it Matt had a roll the size of a small child. Now, we will also have to wash our hair each morning with our bars of soap (that's the only luxury we get to bring...and a toothbrush), as other forum siblings pour the water from a gallon jug that's at least 33 degrees over our heads slowly. Make it last it'd the only gallon we get per day. That's our refreshing wake up call.

As we finish up at each property, we'll pull up stakes and move on.

Ok my sick twisted friends, ideas and additions to the plans please.....let them rip & ALLLLL ABOARD!!!

Edited by Ridgerunner

Golly, Clod--good point. Anyone have their shipping address?

Can you send it to me instead? Wind chill is -20. And tomorrow is record breaking cold! It hasn't been this cold in Chicago since like 1938!! Better break out my finest leather!

Edited by crazycatchick