Type keyword(s) to search

All The Colors of Ms. Rainbow

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

What I'm after, really, is a smart, zippy program that I can trust to keep me engaged while ALSO making me happy. And along with Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Black-ish is serving me all those ingredients.

I often save Wednesday's recording of Black-ish to watch on Sunday just before B99.  They make a great pairing!

• Love 2

What I love and appreciate about Bow is that she is the anti-sitcom cool mom. She doesn't have it all together. She is just as neurotic in her own way as Dre. And Tracee Ellis Ross has such terrific comedic timing that it doesn't feel like wacky hijinks, but rather very relatable comedy.

I fell in love with Bow when she was desperately trying to connect with Zoe, be the mom she can talk to. And it succeeded. Zoe started telling Bow about what was going on at school. But Bow was so busy congratulating herself for being accessible that she completely zoned out on the conversation. That was when I knew they were creating Bow against trope. And TER's facial smug facial expressions while we were listening to her self-congratulatory inner monologuing completely took it over the top.

• Love 5

What I love and appreciate about Bow is that she is the anti-sitcom cool mom. She doesn't have it all together. She is just as neurotic in her own way as Dre. And Tracee Ellis Ross has such terrific comedic timing that it doesn't feel like wacky hijinks, but rather very relatable comedy.

I fell in love with Bow when she was desperately trying to connect with Zoe, be the mom she can talk to. And it succeeded. Zoe started telling Bow about what was going on at school. But Bow was so busy congratulating herself for being accessible that she completely zoned out on the conversation. That was when I knew they were creating Bow against trope. And TER's facial smug facial expressions while we were listening to her self-congratulatory inner monologuing completely took it over the top.

As I read Mark's article, I thought of the exact same scene! It was so funny and so human. She's not the saintly sitcom mom, but she's not so imperfect that it isn't believable or obnoxious. I loved her in Girlfriends, and I started watching this show because of her. I probably would have continued to watch even if the show had not been good because of her, but this show has been delightful.  

That author is so right, I'd hang with Bow anytime. She's awesome! I've loved TER since Girlfriends. I liked her on Reed Between the Lines. (Anybody else watch that?) She played a similar character. As much as I liked that show, I'm glad she's on this one. It has stronger writing than RBTL. The author is also right about everything else he said.

• Love 2

That author is so right, I'd hang with Bow anytime. She's awesome! I've loved TER since Girlfriends. I liked her on Reed Between the Lines. (Anybody else watch that?) She played a similar character. As much as I liked that show, I'm glad she's on this one. It has stronger writing than RBTL. The author is also right about everything else he said.

I watched Reed Between the Lines, even though the show was not that good.  I, too, am much happier that TER is on this show.  She gets to express her comedic talents more and in a way that I can't say I've seen before.  I hope this show is able to stay on for several seasons.

• Love 1