Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Called In Dead

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

A friend of Nadia’s leads the intelligence unit to a huge heroin bust. Unfortunately this bust results in Olinsky arriving home to find the suspects are holding his wife. Voight and the team think they’ve found a common thread with the suspects but it’s not who they think. Meanwhile Burgess and Roman are given an assignment where they get paired with a K-9 officer, Jenn Cassidy who is Roman’s former partner and girlfriend.

so clearly Burgess doesn't die and Sophia Bush doesn't leave the show. Commenters on other sites are all freaked out that Sophia is leaving. In this day and age, save for The Good Wife, TV rarely gets away with that kind of an exit without someone finding out. (Note: I still haven't recovered from Will Gardner's death.) I'm sure the Task Force interacts with Intelligence, and now the path is clear for Erin and Jay to date. I assume she'll end up back in intelligence before long (but not before she has a fling with the DEA agent)

I'm not sure why Voight was so mad at Nadia. Yes, Erin had reason to be angry because she brought an OD to Erin's apt., but why Voight? He was being protective of Erin? I like Nadia and what she represents. She's clawing her way to a better life, and all because Erin took the time to get her some help.

I thought this whole time that Roman's "I fell for her" was unrequited. I was surprised they had dated. Roman's going to be carrying some serious guilt baggage around after that. Burgess got caught in the shoulder - at edge of vest?

Love that Olinsky blew that guy away in the car. Tee.

Someone explain to me, please, how the police can steal evidence from a drug den? Do they get a warrant first?

• Love 2

Guess they must have had a warrant...otherwise, none of what followed would be usable in a prosecution, etc.  

I thought Erin and Jay exchanged a look that indicated he knew about her decision, and was fine with it.  No shock there.  Yep, they can date now...but will still have a rocky road with the DEA agent hitting on her.

Edited by sinycalone
  • Love 1

Elias Koteas is a BOSS.  I buy him as a cop. I buy Jason Beghe as a cop.  Whatever gravitas this show has, basically comes from them.

Some of the younger team members are pretty interchangeable (especially Ruzek, who is only distinguishable by being a douchebag and Halstead, who is Erin's future LI who gets all the action scenes) but Olinsky and Voight are by far the worst parts of the show.  They are utter scum, the lowest of the low, and the show's avatars of Jon Burge, that psychotic thug of a Chicago police detective who tortured false confessions and death penalty convictions out of countless innocent people.  They represent the worst parts of American policing, those police who conduct heinous acts in the name of being "tough on crime" and then call on the Blue Wall of Silence to escape accountability, all the while instilling those same values in their impressionable juniors.

• Love 1

Elias Koteas is a BOSS.  I buy him as a cop. I buy Jason Beghe as a cop.  Whatever gravitas this show has, basically comes from them.

He was the man last night. Voight and Olinsky ooze big city, been there, saw that, hardened vice cops. Although to be honest, I was yelling at my tv for him to shoot the brother in his living room "shoot, shoot him now, shoot him w/the gun..." I knew why he didn't, but still... He couldn't after his wife said don't, but I would have blown his ass away and kept it moving. I know he's a cop, but I don't watch this show making moral judgment's. You bring that shit to my house, and my family, and you're done. As Seth Myers would say, "ya burnt"!

And word to all this freaking out about Lindsay (Sophia Bush) leaving the show. Not happening. The show knows the fan base the character and the actress has. And Sophia Bush knows what it means to be on a successful show. Her ass ain't going nowhere.

• Love 2

Am I awful because I don't really care that Burgess got shot? She bugs the hell out if me!

I don't mind her, but there's a reason she has a partner. Tell stupid k-9 lady to stay in the car, but take your partner to the door. Don't just walk off in a huff because they're arguing.

She's just not smart enough to be in Intelligence.

• Love 2

I don't mind her, but there's a reason she has a partner. Tell stupid k-9 lady to stay in the car, but take your partner to the door. Don't just walk off in a huff because they're arguing.

She's just not smart enough to be in Intelligence.

I know it was obvious as soon as she stormed off on her own she was going to get shot! Well obvious to everyone but her, good thing she isn't in intelligence she would be a liability.

All the episodes have been going pretty good, but then all of a sudden >>>>>>the directors voice pops in and out giving direction to the actors.  Was wondering of anyone else noticed it.  I guess the cutter in the cutting room missed it.  Not just one, but about 6 times in this episode.

All the episodes have been going pretty good, but then all of a sudden >>>>>>the directors voice pops in and out giving direction to the actors.  Was wondering of anyone else noticed it.  I guess the cutter in the cutting room missed it.  Not just one, but about 6 times in this episode.

So you're saying you can hear the director?  I promise i've never heard such. But now I'm mad I erased the ep off my DVR lol. Do you remember which scenes you heard him?

When the couple was in the water cooler area, he told the male detective "look into her eyes",  "go out return and bow" and left.  Also, when told the young woman detective "go into Voight's office" a couple of more directives there, when she told Voight she was leaving.  I will review later and write the list.  

I know it was obvious as soon as she stormed off on her own she was going to get shot! Well obvious to everyone but her, good thing she isn't in intelligence she would be a liability.

It was super obvious and super dumb. I mean considering that is exactly how the lady in the pilot died, you would think cops in their district especially would remember that when you knock on a door, don't stand directly in front of it.

Guess they must have had a warrant...otherwise, none of what followed would be usable in a prosecution, etc.  

I was wondering about that too. At first I thought it might have been a Voight style illegal raid used to get people talking on phones they already had tapped. But then they showed that all the drugs ended up in evidence lock-up which means that they would have to have seized it by some legal way.

Also I am pretty sure the tailgate of a pick up is not bullet proof, so those bullet holes that went into it probably should have hit somebody.

• Love 1