Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

I really like iZombie. I can't remember the last thing I watched on the CW. Was Gilmore Girls on there?

Anyway, iZombie reminds me a lot of the Fox series Tru Calling (2003) with Eliza Dushku and Zach Galifianakis, and a little of NBC's Crossing Jordan (2001) with Jill Hennessy and Miguel Ferrer.

I've thought about checking iZombie out, but I'm not too keen about it being a CW product.  I watch Supernatural and ArrowSPN is the only show, on CW, that I am aware of that isn't a for-20-somethings prime-time soap opera - but even it has its moments, especially in the later seasons.  

Maybe you'll get lucky and it won't turn out that way, but if iZ is like 98% of every other CW product, you can expect love triangles/squares/octagons galore and over-the-top melodrama.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 4

Omg my dvr has reached a whole new level of douche baggery!!!!! It's been playing shows automatically if you don't cancel the next episode witching 5 seconds. So I watched the last episode I had of some show. IT WENT TO ON DEMAND TO FIND ANOTHER!

• Love 3

Omg my dvr has reached a whole new level of douche baggery!!!!! It's been playing shows automatically if you don't cancel the next episode witching 5 seconds. So I watched the last episode I had of some show. IT WENT TO ON DEMAND TO FIND ANOTHER!

What a porch dick cake that machine is!  You should probably name it Pete.

• Love 7

My boss is a porch dick, seriously, dude is a fucking asshole. Invitations that this guy left to way too late. Not my fault. I did not hold up anything. He gave them to me like Monday, got approval yesterday, the guy's event is the 28th which yes indeed means once he gets these in the mail he really isn't giving anyone time enough to respond, that's not my fault or problem. So it's absolutely marked ASAP on the job. Dude is calling me asking if they will be ready today, I go ask, the answer I get is "you coming in tomorrow to print them?" fuck you asshole. I didn't give you short notice, the customer gave you short notice. I don't care if you don't like it, I did nothing wrong. You get paid, I don't, go be a bitch to someone else. 

Where is my dick cake? >:(   hmph

• Love 4

My boss is a porch dick, seriously, dude is a fucking asshole. Invitations that this guy left to way too late. Not my fault. I did not hold up anything. He gave them to me like Monday, got approval yesterday, the guy's event is the 28th which yes indeed means once he gets these in the mail he really isn't giving anyone time enough to respond, that's not my fault or problem. So it's absolutely marked ASAP on the job. Dude is calling me asking if they will be ready today, I go ask, the answer I get is "you coming in tomorrow to print them?" fuck you asshole. I didn't give you short notice, the customer gave you short notice. I don't care if you don't like it, I did nothing wrong. You get paid, I don't, go be a bitch to someone else. 

Sharing is caring.  I'll take one for the team and offer you my cake.  (I must forewarn ya though, its not a Eurocastle version.)

You tell 'em, nachomama.

As requested, here's your dick cake that I just know will cheer you up!

Dick Cake from the Happiest Place in the World:

http://i.imgur.com/Z7OPp8k.jpg

I'm now confused.  It goes against everything about that cake, but I thought the phrase was "to take the Mickey out (of someone)"........

• Love 3

Your stories make me so happy that my boss is basically terrified of me :)

• Love 4

I used to have the very best boss in the world. Fucking loved that guy, he was like my dad. If my dad job didn't get phased out of the universe I'd still work for him. The tragic thing about this job Is the credenza guy was a friend of mine for years. Actually thought getting this job was a godsend. Then 3 years rolled by. No raises in that time. Always blamed for everything that goes wrong. Since I'm the only non family member who works there. You can't ever say his 77 year old mother forgot something so I take the fall for that. And she's slipping lately. Quite a few things she's filed wrong and I'm starting to wonder if she's not heading into dementia. Can't blame his fuckin brother even though he's a shitty printer. He pissed off a customer so bad about a week ago because she didn't like something and his response was "what's wrong with it?" She doesn't have to defend herself. She's the customer.

• Love 2

I'm so glad I'm above this sort of childish behavior.

It's a disgrace. Sniggering over dick jokes is just puerile. I haven't done that since...well, yesterday actually.:( Ooops. I mean since earlier today.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

It's a disgrace. Sniggering over dick jokes is just puerile. I haven't done that since...well, yesterday actually.:( Ooops. I mean since earlier today.

I'm not laughing at the dick (jokes); I'm laughing with them.  After all, 'takes one to know one'.  I didn't want to give away too much personal info, but my real full name is Richard Peter Johnson.

• Love 4

I went to high school with a Peter reader. Office lady gets on the loudspeaker "can you send Peter reader to the office?" You hear the squelchy noise. Minute later "can you send Pete ... Long pause ... Reader to the office ?"

• Love 4

I think some parents must hate their babies. I used to work with a woman named MIa Titlet. Listening as she was paged was painful, as the receptionist seemed to love saying that name:

"Mia Titlet...Titlet wanted at the front desk. Miss Titlet! Mia Titlet - front desk."

It was a good hike from our station to the front desk, so by the time poor Mia got there, 10 more "Titlets" would have been blared out.

• Love 3

I think some parents must hate their babies. I used to work with a woman named MIa Titlet. Listening as she was paged was painful, as the receptionist seemed to love saying that name:

"Mia Titlet...Titlet wanted at the front desk. Miss Titlet! Mia Titlet - front desk."

It was a good hike from our station to the front desk, so by the time poor Mia got there, 10 more "Titlets" would have been blared out.

Ya think?!  I was hated so much by my parents, I was triple Dick'd the moment my birth certificate was officially recorded!

Titlet.  The dick cake curious response would be "was her chest size indicative of her name?", but I'll be the mature one and sidestep it.  (and I hate being the mature one!)

• Love 1

I don't recall Ms.Titlet having any special endowment, luckily for her.

(and I hate being the mature one!)

Someone has to do it and since the rest of us (I include myself here) seem to have regressed to high school age mentally, I guess it'll have to be you.

• Love 2

Sparkling iced tea is just wrong. Criminal.

I have quoted this to show my whole-hearted approval, as one little "like" is not enough!

(you must be a Kroger/King Soopers customer, I'm guessing)

Edited by morgankobi

You don't even know the half of it you evil scarf monster. If there are bubbles it isn't tea. If it's more fruit than tea it isn't tea. I don't hate Arnold Palmer for calling half lemonade n tea Arnold Palmer because he gave it a new name. He knows it's not tea anymore.

I HAVE SPOKEN.

• Love 5

Sparkling iced tea is just wrong. Criminal.

Amen! I like tea. Just tea, strong enough so a mouse can trot across it, as my mother used to say.

And I like coffee. Regular coffee. No latte or raspberries or chocolate or mocha. Coffee, period.

• Love 2

Someone has to do it and since the rest of us (I include myself here) seem to have regressed to high school age mentally, I guess it'll have to be you.

Oh Good Lord.  If you're all expecting me to be the mature one, we are all in serious trouble.  But who doesn't like 'serious trouble'??

Good to know you're on top - of things.

I'm not so chauvinistic as to not let a woman be on top... of things.

^^^^ goes down on things.

A woman who isn't afraid to lower herself and get dirty is a pleasure to witness.  She really deserves special notice if she doesn't waste her efforts, instead of spitting away the hard work.

Hey, I am from Nashville. And it's common knowledge everything is better down South.

Needed more bolding for emphasis :)

For a rare comment that is not a double-entendre, that is until you guys get a hold of it, the sweet tea is definitely better down south!

• Love 2

>:( I can't bold on my phone. Years ago I made a huge mistake by answering the question "what did you do this weekend?" With "I trimmed my bushes" I hastily added AZALEA. for years the joke became "did I trim my bush this weekend?" So what am I doing this weekend? Searching for someone to come trim my azalea bushes. I got a note from my insurance co that they doing a routine exterior inspection and hooboy my bushes needed a serious whacking. They guy who cuts my grass is an older gentlemen with even more ancient fellas on his crew. They've ignored my requests for 2 years. It's beyond my ability. I got one weak hedge trimmer and those big clop clop shears that are beyond useless. I know the insurance is gonna say cut everything back and possibly tell me my roof needs attention. But I ain't got no roof money. Sigh.

• Love 2

^ Funny, that "bush needs trimming" joke would have never got old on S5-A Rick.  No wonder he never could get any action... ladies were probably afraid that if they tried to kiss him, a squirrel would jump out and attach itself to their face.

That sucks.  I have Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Nurse Jackie, Last Week Tonight, Call the Midwife, Wolf Hall, and a bunch of other shit recording this evening.  It makes for great late Sunday night/early Monday morning TV.   :-)

• Love 1

No Sunday shows for me. :(

I don't have anything to watch on Sundays, either.  I'm going to to stream Jericho on those nights instead.  When I'm done with those I'll move on to something else.

So......I've deleted my FB account.  I only used it for birthday alerts, anyway.  Also, one of the docs had something very scary happen to him and the FBI said the guy got the basis of his info from the docs FB page.  That sealed it for me.

AND I've just ordered a stovetop smoker.  I like to buy chicken legs and thighs when they're on sale and I get my son to smoke them for me.  I decided what the hell, I'll start doing it myself.  I'll let ya'll know if I burn my eyebrows off.

AND P.S. - I would love to get rid of Directv because even a small package costs so much but I keep it because I'm afraid I won't be able to watch TWD without a long wait.  I have Netflix and stream other shows but don't know how soon TWD would be available or if I will have to pay per episode like I currently would have to on Amazon Prime.  Any suggestions?

Edited by NurseGiGi
  • Love 1

I turn off the "choice" or "select" whatever they're calling it these days package from directv once TWD is over, that's 6 months that's almost $15 cheaper. Other than that, if you find cheaper to stream/download go for it, I got nuttin. 

I put nothing real on facebook, my birthday is 1902, different name and I don't do any current "works at" "studied at" people think I'm paranoid but hey, nobody has attempted to hijack my life. (seriously, no one wants my life) 

Found a guy who will hatchet my bushes and do a massive cleanup for $200. That's actually pretty good considering how big a job it will be. I will be duct taping my shoes again and tightening my belt. Ramen noodles here I come!

Technically I'll have a little more money coming in, my weekend job will be giving me extra hours but they're such annoying hours! Stuff we already throw away and I'm talking about tons of food, they want me to make more. why? They can't seem to order what I need and We don't sell what I make already but lets waste more?! Sure, why not. And no they can't donate it. Can only donate pre-packaged (unopened) food. So it's just a waste. morons

• Love 4

I don't have anything to watch on Sundays, either.  I'm going to to stream Jericho on those nights instead.  When I'm done with those I'll move on to something else.

Better be ready; I just heard from Karate Kate and she got so addicted she is almost finished with 2 seasons and the plan was to use up most of the summer

There's like 27 episodes and its still only April :-D)

And in other breaking news...

My truck title arrived in the mail a few minutes ago.

Paid it off a year early.

Happy sigh ensues.

Congratulations, it's a great feeling isn't it?

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

Congratulations, please run over me with the truck. I am so furious. First I'm running the goddam thing I got bitched at about on Thursday and it's not going well. THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT! It's gonna print like shit and he's ok with it. I'm not ok with it because it is the kid who works here, his brother's MEMORIAL golf tournament. Emphasis! the kid's brother is dead and yes the kid will not appreciate if the thing is done poorly. He works here, you owe him a good job, you fucking credenza horse shit ass face. So it's going shitty and 3 little old ladies come to the door needing to use the bathroom very badly, on their way to a funeral. We are not open to the public, ordinarily I do not let randoms in to use the facilities. They did however say "Quinn" told them to come down here. Now credenza boy does have a friend named Quinn, in the off chance that it's her, I let them in. Yes they are old, yes they fiddled around a little too long. No I don't think they were casing the joint. He comes in here and says "even if Abraham Lincoln comes to the door you are never to let anyone in to use the bathroom". He said he didn't know if the ladies were lying but the little old man told him a different story. I DON'T FUCKING CARE WHAT THE MAN SAID, I GUARAN-GODDAM-TEE YOU THOSE BIDDIES DROPPED QUINN'S NAME.  I don't know if it's the same Quinn, I don't care if they were lying. I want you to get off my nuts and go polish your credenza or some shit. As long as it's not near me because I'm about to pop a cap in yo ass. 

If I didn't have high blood pressure before today, I do now. 

s

• Love 3

Are there some shows you only watch for its 'event' episodes?  There is at least one show I do that for, that being Castle.  Which since it'll be a show about this season's "mytharc", I will be watching tonight - first time since the 'Resurrection/Reckoning' two-parter (and only other ones watched were the first couple of eps of the season & the midseason finale(s)).

I caught up late to Castle - yes, I do that a lot with TV shows - but the first few (3.5-4) seasons were good TV.  The mix of comedy/drama/storylines worked and it felt organic; heck, even the WT/WT tension was done well (imo).  But since the start of S5, almost everything that worked for the show, in my view, just really doesn't anymore; now, it grates.  I remember when Castle, the character, was very funny - both in words and actions - now, however, his antics aren't even worth groaning about. 

I can take the atmospheric and serious 'event' eps, but the light & "cutesy" normal faire?   No thanks. 

I like Castle but that's because I am and shall ever be a total Captain Tightpants freak. I adore Nathan Fillion, and I watch everything (almost) anyone from the Firefly cast does. Adore Adore Adore Jayne (Adam Baldwin, not of the famous Baldwin brothers), Love love love Alan Tudyk. I worship Chewitel Ejiofor! 

• Love 3

I like Castle but that's because I am and shall ever be a total Captain Tightpants freak. I adore Nathan Fillion, and I watch everything (almost) anyone from the Firefly cast does. Adore Adore Adore Jayne (Adam Baldwin, not of the famous Baldwin brothers), Love love love Alan Tudyk. I worship Chewitel Ejiofor! 

Really liked Chuck.  AB & Maj./Col. Casey was a great character.

Loved Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it was just the Chuck and Col Casey show I woulda been in heaven!

I even have a copy of "My Bodyguard" on dvd! Thats how die hard a fan of Adam Baldwin I am. 

• Love 1

That sucks.  I have Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Nurse Jackie, Last Week Tonight, Call the Midwife, Wolf Hall, and a bunch of other shit recording this evening.  It makes for great late Sunday night/early Monday morning TV.   :-)

This show is kinda driving me nuts, knowing its out there but choosing to not watch it.

I know I am doing it differently with TWD (not reading the comics and only watching the show), but I really feel like I need to read the ASoIaF books first before I watch GoT; and while I have the first 5 books, I don't want to start reading the books until the entire set is published (or GRRM passes, whichever comes first).  I'm sure there are "differences" and whatnot, but in my mind I liken it to the Harry Potter series - where the books blow the movies out of the water.

(but then again, if the show is 'worse' than the books, then the best experience should be saved for last........... nah, I've come this far)

Not gonna lie, but while I know the very vaguest general hints of what the whole series is about, I can't help feel a bit apprehensive that I'm gonna be somewhat let down about it, after all the hype surrounding the books and show as has been the last couple of years.  I'm trying to keep my interest low key to whenever I'm ready to get around to it, to as to either be pleasantly surprised at how good it is or to keep the disappointment of it at a moderate level.

^ re: cost of DirecTV.

I am a huge sports nut, so D* is a must for me, despite the cost.  That and the HD channels & content available.  Call me spoiled or whatever, but I can't even imagine not having HD anymore.  If I only had SD-TV available to watch, I'd think civilization had reverted back to the Stone Age - or was in a ZA type of situation.

Well, I haven't read the books and have no intention of doing so (someone on the GoT threads mentioned an innocuous scene that was 28 pages long in the book, and that was that!).  But I can say I love the HBO series and think it is quite well done.  I usually have to watch the episodes a couple of times to catch all the minutae the people on the forums are talking about, and it is a great binge watch during the loooong hiatus between seasons.

I wish I could send you the eleventy billion sports channels I have to hide on my ATTUverse channel guide.  The sports stuff comes with the package, and they are CONSTANTLY adding more sports channels - so frustrating!  I only watch the Olympics (Curling Rocks!) and an occasional equestrian event.

• Love 1

If it were possible, I'd probly take 'em walnutqueen.  (my bday is in October, if you need ideas of what to get me for a gift..........)

My handle isn't a true description for my television viewing habits.  I watch TV frequently, but IRarelyWatch(SerializedPrimeTime)TV36 seemed a wee bit too much to go with.

• Love 2

Recently discovered Jerry Seinfeld's web series at comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com. The 15-25 minute or so episodes follow a formula: Jerry drives an interesting, usually classic car, that he tells us a bit about. He picks up a celebrity comedian guest and they go for coffee. Most of the episode is they having a conversation as themselves. He's landed guests like Jay Leno, David Letterman, Chris Rock, Tina Fey, Jon Stewart, Alec Baldwin, Carl Reiner/Mel Brooks and the list goes on. The conversation he has with Michael Richards is particularly interesting as a fragile looking MR reflects on his infamous rant and tells a surprisingly interesting anecdote about playing chess.