Type keyword(s) to search

History questions

Trying to remember the timeline of Brooke's kids. Did she adopt Laura2 before or after she had Jamie? Did she have an ectopic or dangerous pregnancy before Jamie? I remember Edmund tracking her down because she had run off, but don't remember when that happened.

Brooke gave birth to Jamie in late 1990-1991, had the ectopic pregnancy in or around 1993 and met Laura 2 in or around 1995.  Not 100% sure about the dates, but I know Brooke had Jamie before she had the ectopic pregnancy and knew Laura 2 existed.

Edited by junemeatcleaver

The first Laura died when Brooke was married to Adam, right about the time she and Adam were trying to conceive, Brooke found out she wasn't all that fertile. Adam had just hired Dixie as Laura's nanny. Extramarital hijinks ensue, Adam got Dixie pregnant, Brooke and Adam split up. 

Brooke's ectopic pregnancy came as she and Tad were splitting up, while Tad and Dixie were having an affair after their reunion in Napa. Tad was putting Brooke off, she demanded that he make love to her, and when he reminded her that they wanted to wait to have more children, she went into the bathroom, toyed around with her diaphragm for a few minutes, and went back into the bedroom without it. Bingo! Instant pregnancy.  When the pregnancy turned life-threatening, she didn't want to lose the baby because she didn't want Tad to leave her.

The teenage Laura Kirk was a runaway first informally looked after by Pierce and Janet when they lived in Pierce's recluse cabin in the woods (there were so many cabins in the woods around Pine Valley! LOL). Janet had lost her memory and became ill after getting hit by lightning, which happened after she was planning to blow Trevor's wedding to Laurel. Laura and Pierce found her and nursed her back to health, and the three of them made a little family, but a whole boatload of misfortunes plagued Janet, who was always her own worst enemy, and Brooke had met Laura and Pierce, Pierce became involved with Brooke, and Brooke eventually adopted Laura. Jamie was a preschooler around this time. 

Here's a more detailed history of Brooke's character: 

http://pinevalleybulletin.com/Quick Guide/BiographiesWeb/EnglishBrooke.html

I had a weird urge to watch some Ryan/Kendall. I really did like them a lot, and even after Ryan turned into a giant douche (well, even more of a giant douche) I liked the chemistry between them:

I was an All My Children viewer from 1994 until about 2006 or 2007. I've recently been marathoning episodes from 1990 to 1992, but have some questions resulting from some big gaps in the episodes I've been able to find, hoping some kind soul might have some answers:

1. How did Skye leave?

2. I know that Adam found out he was Hayley's father well before she did and that he kept it a secret while trying to form a relationship with her, but how did he find out he was her father in the first place?

3. How did Dixie end up with Brian Bodine after her marriage to Craig imploded?

4. When did Myra leave? Did she get an actual exit, or did she just sort of disappear?

5. Were Jack and Angelique ever an actual couple, or did he just pine for her until she left town? I've managed to find most of the 1992 Wildwind story but not her exit. It seems like she was a fairly prominent part of 1992, so I surprised when I got to an episode that takes place at Christmas and she was suddenly gone - was the character not well-received by the audience?

6. I know that Jeremy ended up crossing over to Loving, but when did he leave AMC and what prompted his move to Corinth?

I've been watching some eps from 1996, I don't know the show very well. Can someone clarify why Liza thinks she killed Kinder's wife? And why does he have his wife locked up (I assume...?) 

Liza was investigating Kinder while having an affair with him. Kinder caught her searching his office and so she started kissing him to distract him. Skye, who had driven to his office to warn him about Liza's investigation, walked in on them kissing and freaked out. She was about to tell Kinder what Liza was really up to, and Liza, panicked, shoved Skye. Skye fell and hit her head, and Kinder told Liza that Skye was dead.

But yes, Kinder was lying, and he locked Skye up and drugged her for a while so she couldn't blow the whistle on him. (I forget whatever shady thing he was doing in the first place.) Eventually Janet, also being held prisoner, formed a friendship with Skye and helped her escape. Then she, Skye and Erica held Kinder prisoner, in some of the funniest scenes AMC ever filmed - so entertaining that they ended up doing a second Skye/Erica/Janet caper.

I'm here because Stranger Things 2 had Millie watching a clip from 1980s AMC that featured Erica and some dude. I didn't recognize the guy - does anyone know who he was?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Liza was investigating Kinder while having an affair with him. Kinder caught her searching his office and so she started kissing him to distract him. Skye, who had driven to his office to warn him about Liza's investigation, walked in on them kissing and freaked out. She was about to tell Kinder what Liza was really up to, and Liza, panicked, shoved Skye. Skye fell and hit her head, and Kinder told Liza that Skye was dead.

But yes, Kinder was lying, and he locked Skye up and drugged her for a while so she couldn't blow the whistle on him. (I forget whatever shady thing he was doing in the first place.) Eventually Janet, also being held prisoner, formed a friendship with Skye and helped her escape. Then she, Skye and Erica held Kinder prisoner, in some of the funniest scenes AMC ever filmed - so entertaining that they ended up doing a second Skye/Erica/Janet caper.

I'm here because Stranger Things 2 had Millie watching a clip from 1980s AMC that featured Erica and some dude. I didn't recognize the guy - does anyone know who he was?

I was wondering the same thing.  Was that Kent Bogard, perhaps?  That was 1984 and fuzzy as my memory is, Erica was working for or with Simone, played by Viveca Lindfors in her modeling days and she got involved with this European playboy, Kent Bogard who ended up being Simone's nephew.  I don't remember how but he died, either because of Erica or because of her sister, Silver Kane.  THEN, to complete the storyline, Kent's father, Kurt, showed up in town and Erica got involved with him, too.  As I remember, he tried to kill Erica and/or Silver but he got killed instead.