Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Monsters

Not looking good for the LIW. Lola has it best if she can marry before she shows. Kenna  and Bash are destined to be together; it's in Nostradamus' stars. And Greer can have her cake and eat it too, since she'll have her noble husband and her serf on the side. 

I tire of Mad Henry. His Bean Queen's plan was obvious from Scotland. For once, Catherine was trumped. 

I laughed so much this episode. Crazy Henry is kind of fun, but I liked it better when he was just an ass. The only people I really cared about were Greer and her fellas (both the kitchen boy and the pepper guy are so likable). All I want is for the three of them to just have a big, polygamous group wedding and live happily ever after in some pretty castle somewhere far away from all the craziness of French court.

Costumes were awesome tonight though, I loved what they had Catherine in, with the collar that stood up and the little blue frillyness, that's her best outfit yet.

This show is my new favorite disaster. Things have gotten beyond insane, and I love every beautiful second. I agree that the pepper guy is wonderful. If they do get married, Greer might end up being the only one who's happy.

And yes, Lola has got to already show. As soon as Mary came back from her honeymoon, Lola's measurements had changed. Didn't she not fit into the dress Mary brought her? 

I despise Penelope. I usually like seeing Catherine challenged (she rises so wonderfully!), but Penelope is just irritating. Although "bad king!" was delightful.

(edited)

Isn't Greer lucky that her betrothed wasn't ugly? He seemed nice but we'll see how he ends up treating Lola. I don't know how this works (now or then) but what happens when a lady in waiting gets married? Does she get to stay at court? Or is she supposed to go wherever her husband lives? And if she leaves, does she get replaced by a new lady in waiting? Obviously Kenna still be sticking around now, but will Lola be leaving?

That huge bean cake was lovely. I'm assuming that Leith made it, which is why Greer lamented everyone tearing it up to search for the queen bean.

Heh, I loved Dominatrix Penelope ordering King Henri around. I'm curious as to whether there's something in nature that could make Nostradamus's potion Windex blue.

I've been getting tired of Francis and Bash fighting every time they're near each other so it was nice to see them finally united while searching for the Boogie Man. It seemed like Francis was under the water way too long to survive but, hey, tv magic! I'm glad they finally made up but I'm sure they'll be back to bickering now that Bash is stuck living in the castle.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

So, let's see: Lola is pregnant with a kid that she can't keep publicly unless she gets married and dupes her husband into thinking its his (which is becoming more unlikely by the day) and Mary needs to have a kid but can't seem to get pregnant.  Huh.  Wonder how we could solve both those dilemmas?  *Eyeroll* I'm actually shocked the suggestion hasn't been made yet for Lola to "go visit family in the country," while Mary pads herself for a few months and then, *voila*!  Both problems solved at once.  Yes, it's outrageous and the idea that it could be pulled off without anyone knowing strains credulity, but there is precedent in royal history. And there were often rumors that such had happened even if it didn't.

Am I the only one who thought "Queen of the Bean" and "Bean Queen" was so ridiculous a title that I must have misheard the first couple times?  I swear Evil Anne of Green Gables could barely say it with a straight face.

You're not the only one. I know it has some connection to history, but it's so bizarre to think that a queen would let a servant wear her crown, sit on her throne, and prance around. I also found it GALLING that Penelope told Mary to "run along" after she chose to stay with Henri for some bondage fun. 

I am ready to be rid of the pagan storyline. There's so much to deal with in the castle that I don't think it's necessary to have this bizarre sideline of mystical man-eating pagans.

• Love 1

Agree. Is she's about to show, she's past the point of passing it off as her husbands child.

Which was why I actually thought Lola's first suiter being gay may have been perfect. He specifically said that he needed to get married and have a child for his inheritance. He might have agreed to the whole plan. Quick marriage, "premature" birth and viola! He and Lola both get comfertable lives and he gets to go back to hanky panky with stable boys. He might have even allowed her own lovers as long as she was discrete. They could have told him everything (minus the name of the baby's father. Make up a story about one night with a solider) and he might have gone along. Worse things could happen to a girl in the Dark Ages.

• Love 2