Type keyword(s) to search

S26: Route Spoilers (Without Elimination Information)

Rusun
  • Start Topic

Leg 1 will be in Tokyo and Nagano (site of the 1998 Winter Olympics), Japan via Taipei, Taiwan. 

Given the extended premiere, there's going to be ample time to air the Starting Line Task dividing teams into two flights from LAX to TPE, followed by the racers transferring from the latter airport en route to NRT.

It shall make a timely contrast to TAR15, when the H1N1 pandemic necessitated direct connections between cities, e.g. Los Angeles to Narita without any stopovers.

Edited by Rusun
  • Love 1

Hello I am so glad to be a part of this new thread Amazing Race is my # favorite show and  I too love knowing where the race is going but not any elimination information. Im really hoping they do visit another part of Japan for leg 2 since Japan has more to offer than just Toyko :)

• Love 1

Thanks for posting Rusun.  Yeah that is a bummer Ive been wanting a Laos and Papua New Guinea visit for a while now.  Fingers crossed for a new destination.  Ive had enough of China and India :)

• Love 1

You're most welcome, Mreid. (Hoping for a maiden voyage to the Maldives myself!) ^_^

Do recall, auntlada, the Formosa exemption before arriving in Rising Sun Land.

Edited by Rusun
  • Love 1

Malaysian Airlines on the "do not fly" list? Well, yes.

I don't think it means we can rule out any of the connection locations though (except North Korea, obviously). Mainland China in particular apparently requires advance notice if you're bringing cameras into an airport, and I don't imagine the producers would be willing to go through the red tape to get permits to do so if nobody's even going to go there. Or it could be that a location on the list is coming up later in the season and they only have visas allowing them to enter the country once.

In particular, adding Timor Leste onto the list makes no sense at all unless it's coming up - not only is it so far out of the way you wouldn't consider it even if you knew where it was (it's about 700 miles due east of Bali, right on top of northern Australia), but it's also incredibly poorly-connected by air (to the point there are only two or three flights into the capital city Dili each day) and you'd basically have to go from Narita to Sydney to Darwin to Dili to Bali to Phuket just to even make a Dili connection possible in this case.

Leg 3 will also be in Thailand, given the fact that teams appeared at BKK/Suvarnabhumi Airport a couple days after live-filming in Bangla Road by Patong. Considering how scant Bangkok sightings have been for both the TAR14 and TAR19 stopovers, it would be very reasonable to guess that the Thai capital is getting its sixth visit.

Leg 4 will be in the island of Tasmania, Australia (Hobart and Cradle Mountain).

Edited by Rusun

I was skeptical of the Sweden spoilers, for no other reason than Thailand to Sweden for leg 4 is such a long distance and cuts off a huge portion of the potential map that early in the race.

It now appears the Sweden spoilers were for a local race, and TAR26 is currently in the race's first visit to the island of Tasmania. (south of Australia for the uninformed - I had to google it as well).  Whether this is leg 4 or 5 or 6 - who knows.  The first trip to Australia in 8 seasons is a welcome change after the millionth trip to Japan and Thailand.

TAR26 is currently in the race's first visit to the island of Tasmania. (south of Australia for the uninformed - I had to google it as well).

Tsk tsk.

Leg 5 will remain in Tassie (Cataract Gorge by Launceston).

Edited by Rusun
  • Love 1

Hence the use of "slated" as opposed to "will", and with the Victoria State vote nearly a week away, production and racers alike have more than enough days to race a leg and leave via MEL before the first ballot is even cast. So pretty likely, actually.

In other words, the first third of this route will be a mirror-image of TAR9's endgame.

Edited by Rusun
  • Love 1

The confirmed (by photos, sightings, permits, etc) locations to date are:

Castaic Lake, CA (Start)

Nagano, Japan

Tokyo, Japan

Phuket, Thailand

Monaco (first time visit!)

Sweden...no.

Tasmania...maybe.  But not yet fully confirmed OR ruled out. If it happened, it will follow Phuket,

Hi everyone!

• Love 2

Could they be doing two laps of the world this time around? Whether Tasmania is true or not, it seems odd that we'd be as far west as Monaco so early in the race, unless they're going to spend the entire back half of the race in southern Africa and the Americas.

Im not sure what the deal is with the TAR 26 route this season at first i was thinking maybe  2 legs in Japan, one leg in Thailand, and then one leg in Tasmania,  but I cant see them just bypassing South America straight to Monaco .  Legs 4 and 5 are the mystery here.  Im thinking Monaco was leg 6 and they must be on leg 7 by now perhaps we have just lost sightings who knows .

Im not sure what the deal is with the TAR 26 route this season at first i was thinking maybe  2 legs in Japan, one leg in Thailand, and then one leg in Tasmania,  but I cant see them just bypassing South America straight to Monaco .  Legs 4 and 5 are the mystery here.  Im thinking Monaco was leg 6 and they must be on leg 7 by now perhaps we have just lost sightings who knows .

But in the direction they're going, South America wouldn't be bypassed by going to Monaco.  South America would either be before Japan or after Monaco.

Yeah, this is actually sadly looking like a very 24/21 route.  And with Monaco confirmed, and no concrete 100% evidence of Tasmania, I'd take that with a grain of salt as well.  Tasmania to Monaco is such a ridiculous travel route that I can't believe it would happen.  Hopefully they snuck in another continent somewhere along the way.  But they've probably just been bouncing around Europe (the lack of sightings is surprising though, maybe remote regions like northern Scandinavia.)

• Love 1
(edited)

But they've probably just been bouncing around Europe (the lack of sightings is surprising though, maybe remote regions like northern Scandinavia.)

Visiting the Arctic Circle during the cold season is as absurd as, if not more so than a long-haul flight between Australia and France.

Going into the F4, the verified course looks to have gone like so:

1. Tokyo, Japan via Taipei, Taiwan from Lake Castaic, California
  2. Nagano, Japan *
  3. Phuket, Thailand #
  4. Bangkok?, Thailand
  • Monaco, possibly Leg 6 or 7
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands, possibly Leg 9 or 10 ^

* Now thought to be a distinct leg from the capital, giving the country its very first double-visit:

10522249_312568805618621_406785611_n.jpg

Caption: "Nagano, Japan brrrr! New gloves harajuku !" posted by Elise Doganieri to her own Instagram on November 16

# RtHGAoL.jpg

^

amsterdam_Photog.jpgmarked.jpg

foto_no_exif_2.jpg

foto_no_exif_3.jpg

foto_no_exif_5.jpg

Edited by Rusun
(edited)

Leg 11 will venture into Peru, unvisited since Romber's first season a decade ago.

(Thank goodness that the UB and TAR19 semi-final legs in the Americas weren't just one-offs.)

Edited by Rusun

As long as they don't revisit the meatblock -- or they change it so it's not so much meat. The only thing pleasant about watching that was seeing how Rob managed to talk the other teams into quitting after he'd already quit, thus ensuring that their penalties would end after his.

A shame about these forbidden destinations - perhaps a different continent will follow in Malta's footsteps?

flightrestrictions.jpg

What on Earth has led the producers to decide that Scoot is an unsafe airline? It is owned by Singapore Airlines, uses SA aircraft, its CEO is a NZer and it is safe as houses, I fly on Scoot all the time.

Also, does anyone have photos of the rumoured Tasmania leg? I could probably confirm or deny with photos.

ETA: with the possible exceptions of PNG and Timor Leste, most of the prohibited countries would appear to be prohibited for Visa reasons.

Edited by JacquelineLHope
  • Love 1

As long as they don't revisit the meatblock -- or they change it so it's not so much meat. The only thing pleasant about watching that was seeing how Rob managed to talk the other teams into quitting after he'd already quit, thus ensuring that their penalties would end after his.

Right season, wrong nation: Mariano's gambit took place in Argentina, two legs after the premiere in the Land of the Inca.

What on Earth has led the producers to decide that Scoot is an unsafe airline? It is owned by Singapore Airlines, uses SA aircraft, its CEO is a NZer and it is safe as houses, I fly on Scoot all the time.

They also included some defunct Indonesian carriers, so the sloppiness is all on them. ^_^

• Love 1

You're right. It's been a long time since I've seen that season. From South America, I remember the meatblock, Rob convincing the bus driver to hold the other doors closed for a bit, the horse riding and the two women driving to the seashore instead of the mountains (one of the greatest instances of going the wrong way I can remember -- although it helps that I didn't like them).

• Love 1
(edited)

Namibia will reappear after over a dozen years in hiatus, probably between Bangkok and Monte Carlo.

The finale will be in Dallas, TX just like TAR5:

B4_H_Yeb_Cc_AAAhid.jpg

300eeep.jpg

Edited by Rusun

It appears the race concluded today in Dallas.  There was rappelling off the "Reunion Tower" and something called the Continental Street Bridge may have been the finish line (or just a route marker, it was closed mysteriously today).

So after a very ho-hum beginning of the route, it actually was able to salvage itself into a decent one.  If Namibia is accurate (and Peach really only posts stuff she is 99% sure of), then the route is most likely something like:

1/2: Tokyo/Nagano Japan

3/4: Phuket/Bangkok Thailand

5/6(?): Namibia

7-10: Europe: Monaco the first leg and Amsterdam the last, no sightings in between

11: Lima, Peru

12: Dallas

5 continents visited for the first time in the last 4 seasons.  Keep in mind those are very rough estimates using RFF speculation.  This has been the least spoiled race in a while.

• Love 1

Leg 11 will venture into Peru, unvisited since Romber's first season a decade ago.

(Thank goodness that the UB and TAR19 semi-final legs in the Americas weren't just one-offs.)

The penultimate episode will specifically visit Huanchaco, a resort suburb of Trujillo, the largest major city in the northern region(s):

1stage.jpg

4RBCluebox.jpg

7PitStop.jpg

Going into the F4, the verified course looks to have gone like so:

1. Tokyo, Japan via Taipei, Taiwan from Lake Castaic, California
  2. Nagano, Japan *
  3. Phuket, Thailand
  4. Bangkok?, Thailand
  • Monaco, possibly Leg 6 or 7
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands, possibly Leg 9 or 10

* Now thought to be a distinct leg from the capital, giving the country its very first double-visit:

Update:

1. Tokyo, Japan via Taipei, Taiwan from Lake Castaic, California (November 12-14)
  2. Nagano, Japan (November 15)
  3. Phuket, Thailand (November 17-18)
  4. Bangkok, Thailand (November 19)
  5. Windhoek?, Namibia (November 21?)
  6. Windhoek?, Namibia or other/neighboring African nation (November 22?)
  7. Monaco, Monaco (November 24)
  8. unknown European desti/nation (November ? - 72+ Hour Pitstops due to the Thanksgiving weekend?)
  9. Amsterdam, Netherlands (December 1)
  10. Otuzco, Peru (December 4)
  11. Huanchaco, Peru (December 5)
  12. Dallas, Texas (December 6)

The Americas outside the United States will host two endgame legs on a westward course for the very first time, but the TAR24 precedent of consecutive double-country visits will plague the first third/half of the season.

I wonder if the teams drive to the Leg 8 location from Monaco, perhaps someplace in France, then drive on to Amsterdam.  They could be taking trains, too.  That would account for no airport sightings.

I always like when they go to Namibia because it reminds me of season 1 when they didn't go to Namibia. I just have to be quick to get the quote out before my husband can say it (although if we watch during the day when our 3-year-old son is up, neither of us can give the full quote).

I wonder if the teams drive to the Leg 8 location from Monaco, perhaps someplace in France, then drive on to Amsterdam.  They could be taking trains, too.  That would account for no airport sightings.

No dice, alas:

Update on the update:

1.     Tokyo, Japan via Taipei, Taiwan from Lake Castaic, California (November 12-14) @ 0:21-0:22, 0:27
  2.     Nagano, Japan (November 15) @ 0:19, 0:24-0:25
  3.     Phuket, Thailand (November 17-18) @ 0:16-0:18, 0:23, 0:26
  4.     Bangkok, Thailand (November 19) @ 0:05, 0:19, 0:25-0:26
  5.     unknown destination (November 21-23)
  6.     Monaco, Monaco and la Turbie, France (November 24) @ 0:06-0:07
  7.     Swakopmund/Spitzkoppe, Windhoek, etc. Namibia (November 26-29) @ 0:06?, 0:23, 0:26
  8.     Swakopmund/Spitzkoppe, Windhoek, etc. Namibia (November 26-29) @ 0:06?, 0:23, 0:26
  9.     Amsterdam, Netherlands (December 1)
  10.     Otuzco, Peru (December 4)
  11.     Trujillo/Huanchaco, Peru (December 5)
  12.     Dallas, Texas (December 6)

The Americas outside the United States will host two endgame legs on a westward course for the very first time, but the TAR24 precedent of consecutive double-country visits will plague the first third of the season.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HKNKjFjeuW8

Edited by Rusun

I always like when they go to Namibia because it reminds me of season 1 when they didn't go to Namibia. I just have to be quick to get the quote out before my husband can say it (although if we watch during the day when our 3-year-old son is up, neither of us can give the full quote).

Have I got some good news for you and the spouse:

Filming took place between the 26th and 29th of November. Teams flew out on the 30th. So it looks there were two legs in the country.

Locales/places visited:

Erindi Private Game Reserve - Which is in Windhoek.

Goanikontes Oasis  - located in Swakopmund

Goanikontes Oasis Rest Camp is located in Moon Valley amid Namib Naukluft and Dorob National Parks in vicinity of coastal town of Swakopmund

And the town of Spitzkoppe.

Seems so random to go from Monaco, down to Namibia, all the way back up to Amsterdam for 1 leg, then to SA.  Hell, maybe the Tasmania reports were accurate and that was leg 5.  Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Maybe it's hard to get flights from southern Africa to South America. If so, they might have figured they might as well have another leg in Europe rather than really long flights that will either put some people so far behind they'll never catch up or make everything before really, really mean nothing.

• Love 1

I seem to recall one team early on (Season 2?), who so screwed up their connecting flight from South America to South Africa that they held in either London or New York for twenty-four hours.  This resulted in elimination (of course) and also gave the other teams thirty-six hours in the pit stop, which was much appreciated.  

Edited by kassygreene

I seem to recall one team early on (Season 2?), who so screwed up their connecting flight from South America to South Africa that they held in either London or New York for twenty-four hours.  This resulted in elimination (of course) and also gave the other teams thirty-six hours in the pit stop, which was much appreciated.  

Yes, those would be "Gutsy Gr(o)annies" Peggy and Claire, whose moniker I put in parentheses given the inexplicably disproportionate hatred they garnered at the time alongside their immediate successors Heather and Eve.

Coincidentally, the leg right after their elimination featured the same dunes shown in the Official Season Preview: it'll set the record for "(desti)nation with longest gap between revisits" until Zambia and/or Tunisia reappears.