Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Week Six in Utopia

I find it odd that the previouslies consist almost entirely of clips from the first two weeks of the show.  No hint of the animosity or fighting or backstabbing or shadiness or rattling or incompetence (mostly by Bri with the animals).

Do they have such a dearth of clips that they needed to show Cal's 1-year proposal to Nikki clip TWICE before they showed any new material to follow up on it ?

I can't believe that they are still pushing the whole "pay for Rob's wedding with $750 of our own money" bullshit, because the pizza and alcohol for the bachelor party ate up a good piece of that $750. But I'm sure that the chair/table rentals, chafing dish rentals, dish/silverware rentals, linen rentals, warming oven rental, extra fridge rental, flower costs, food/alcohol costs, tux rental, and Rob's haircut are all well under $500 (but I guess you have to follow the script, right ? </snark>).

Talk about glossing over the trial.  And Kristen's baptism got nearly zero coverage (Yes !!!)

I wish they would quit trying to force the Josh/Bella hookup because that is never going to happen. Ever.

Minimal clips of Shadychef's cake making, complete with one fly buzzing on the icing.  Yes again !!

Would they please stop pushing the huntress Hex nonsense ?  Though Nikki looked awesome in her competition-winning archery stance.

Rob's "commitment" to the project means him and the new missus have to live apart -- yeah, sure, except for the fact that

the 'surprise' wedding was planned for over 3 weeks (per Rob on the live feeds over a week ago)

Josh and the party bust Mike/Dedecker in the Love Shack, but tell Rob/Jess they were just testing it out, wink, wink (pay no attention, nothing to see here, just ignore the jizz stains on the comforter).

Sure, tease a bombshell that changes the Topes forever, yawn, whatever -- come back in two weeks and no one will even remember let alone care.

So, by the end of tonight's episode they have caught up to last Sunday night -- since the next episode is in two weeks, that means they will have 19 days of footage to cover.

What bombshell are they talking about ? 

It looks like Mike's freakout over Aaron's punishment, but that fizzled quickly and just made Mike look like an asshole.

I had to look away and focus my attention on computer solitaire after watching the Cal and Nikki scene AGAIN.  Good grief, woman, he's the devil and he's only trying to book a booty call for the duration!  Can't you see that?!  Stop flipping your hair while you tee-hee like a smitten teenager and remember you're an intelligent woman with a medical degree.  It's embarrassing.

• Love 1

I think I  wouldn't even be watching any more if it weren't for this forum.  I watch so I can come here and discuss these idiots with my sane friends. 

funny line of the episode - Rob to Bella - "You're a very attractive woman.  If I were single and had a stepladder..."

I think I  wouldn't even be watching any more if it weren't for this forum.  I watch so I can come here and discuss these idiots with my sane friends. 

funny line of the episode - Rob to Bella - "You're a very attractive woman.  If I were single and had a stepladder..."

HAHAHAHA.  On closed captioning, I read: "If I were single and had a stepmother..."  I backed it up to double check and still didn't get the joke.

I had to look away and focus my attention on computer solitaire after watching the Cal and Nikki scene AGAIN.  Good grief, woman, he's the devil and he's only trying to book a booty call for the duration!  Can't you see that?!  Stop flipping your hair while you tee-hee like a smitten teenager and remember you're an intelligent woman with a medical degree.  It's embarrassing.

I want to go all Whoopi Goldberg in Ghost and say "Nikki... you in danger, girl!"

• Love 2

HAHAHAHA.  On closed captioning, I read: "If I were single and had a stepmother..."  I backed it up to double check and still didn't get the joke.

...and over here, I heard it as "...and had a stepdaughter". I was baffled but that's not unusual for this show.

• Love 1

Dang it, I want to root for this show, but they are down to one episode per week and give us THIS?  So boring.  Bella finally had some good moments, but of course, she had irksome moments, too.   I'm not into televised weddings at all, especially not for someone who I don't even like, so there was a little too much coverage of that whole thing for my taste.  At least they didn't have to consummate the marriage under the porch, Red-style.  They are blessed, indeed.

Money being such an issue, I'm not sure why they don't ramp up how often they can open the gates to people who want to have the Utopia Experience.  Can't they crank out enough merchandise to merit weekly or bi-monthly public visits instead of every few weeks?  Bella's paintings looked like they were just paint splattered on canvas...not exactly time consuming.  Chris isn't bad on that guitar, I'm sure people would pay for a brief "concert", which would take him no time at all to prepare.  It just seems to me that there is a lot more they could be doing to raise funds, and the only reason I care is because I enjoy watching them spend money, whether it's on something practical or something ridiculous.  Preferably something ridiculous, like in Dumb and Dumber when they only had a few dollars for bare essentials and ended up buying bubble gum and toys.

Mike just seemed to want an excuse to dump Dedeker.  Publicly flogging her for doing what seemed to be less with the beekeeper than he did with the visiting fan weeks ago, and making a big spectacle of ending their relationship in front of the group just reeked of, "I'm finished with her, and pretty soon we are going to get in some fresh meat that will likely include at least one female, so it's time to go ahead and burn this shit to the ground".  He's disgusting.

• Love 2

Mike just seemed to want an excuse to dump Dedeker.  Publicly flogging her for doing what seemed to be less with the beekeeper than he did with the visiting fan weeks ago, and making a big spectacle of ending their relationship in front of the group just reeked of, "I'm finished with her, and pretty soon we are going to get in some fresh meat that will likely include at least one female, so it's time to go ahead and burn this shit to the ground".  He's disgusting.

Hi Irritable.  You missed the memo on Mike and Dedeker:   she insists he wear a condom and he refuses.  He's explained multiple times, captured for perpetuity on the live feeds, exactly why using protection is a Debbie Downer for his penis.  So yes, he's not only rude and disgusting, but also an idiot.

And this show continues to be a bad joke for choosing to broadcast the beekeeper version of The Mike & Dede Story when the impasse over condoms has been so thoroughly documented and discussed in every forum and chat room.

Pfffft!  Beekeeper.

• Love 3

Hi Irritable.  You missed the memo on Mike and Dedeker:   she insists he wear a condom and he refuses.  He's explained multiple times, captured for perpetuity on the live feeds, exactly why using protection is a Debbie Downer for his penis.  So yes, he's not only rude and disgusting, but also an idiot.

@candall -- you missed the best part on the live feeds about Mike's aversion to condoms.  He described wearing a condom is the same as "kissing your sister through a wet blanket".   Umm ..... not even close to being the same.

I'm glad Mike decided to pre-emptively break up with Dedecker -- just because he's a petty jealous little bitch.  Even though what he did with Melissa (the visitor that he kissed) was far worse than anything Dede did with Jake the beekeeper.  Now Mike can return to New York ASAFP and go back to banging supermodels and dancers that he claims made up his pre-Utopian dating life (which I seriously doubt ever happened).

• Love 3

Well, that's it.  This has to be the worst reality show in history.  (Even Pirate Master was somewhat entertaining)  I'm done with this shit show.

The only way I'll be back is if I hear on the news that someone in Utopia got killed.

• Love 4

I am guessing Mike is circumcised. While it may have been routine and looked fine, he could have nerve damage and actually have less feeling in his penis.

I wanted to yell at the tv with the editing they gave Aaron and the mayo incident. And totally made Mike seem like a nice guy about it when we know the scheming he did.

• Love 1

While it may have been routine and looked fine, he could have nerve damage and actually have less feeling in his penis.

If this were the case, wouldn't a reasonable person (I know, I know) who was thusly affected be more inclined to proceed to sexual intimacy on a more gradual basis knowing their own pleasure using a condom is muted and their ultimate goal is unprotected sex?

Or it could be he is a ginormous self-indulgent prick who cares more for his immediate self gratification than the long term consequences of unprotected sex for him or his partner. 

Most couples have varying levels of sex drive and it isn't uncommon for the lower drive to sometimes have sex just for their partner's pleasure.  But rather than mention his partner's desires, he compares protected sex as "kissing your sister through a wet blanket".  Hmmm...how would he know?  Hope he doesn't have any sisters - yikes!

Why Dedeker would want to have sex with him is a big question mark for me.  Regardless of all his big talk, I have a hard time imaging that there are an endless line of smokin' hot babes wanting to get their freak on with Mike.

ETA:  Totally agree with the edits on Mayogate.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 2

I see Mike as a big talker who likes to hang out with people who are easily impressed by his education and the conquests that he claims.  But all that crap is a cover-up for his deep insecurity and his fear of being found out for who he really is. 

A lot of narcissists are like that.

• Love 2

Well, that's it.  This has to be the worst reality show in history.  (Even Pirate Master was somewhat entertaining)  I'm done with this shit show.

The only way I'll be back is if I hear on the news that someone in Utopia got killed.

Sadly, and not to be morbid, but Pirate Master did have someone die. Not on camera, thank god, but the pre-taped reality show fared very badly in the ratings, and like 3 days after it got dumped to online only weekly broadcasts, one of the contestants killed herself. The speculation was that her boyfriend, who had killed himself two months ago, didn't want her on the show. I can imagine how that, along with the show being a complete flop, could trigger a "What the hell was the point of any of this?!?" suicidal episode.

It's something I do try to remember every now and then about TV shows I watch, when I'm bald snarking on a forum; even if they are rotten people, these are still real people who have lives after the cameras stop rolling. They certainly don't deserve to be rich and famous, but they don't necessarily deserve to suffer, either.

• Love 4

Well, that's it. This has to be the worst reality show in history. (Even Pirate Master was somewhat entertaining) I'm done with this shit show.

Haha, I watched that pirate show too! They same person kept winning over and over again and the freak started to take it serious and talk with a pirate accent. Then poof it was yanked off the air.

I can't believe this show is down to once a week and we won't see another episode for two weeks.

BTW Rib sucks.

ETA oops

Didn't read the above post before I posted. That is truly sad that someone died bc of PM.

Edited by jellywager

Sadly, and not to be morbid, but Pirate Master did have someone die. Not on camera, thank god, but the pre-taped reality show fared very badly in the ratings, and like 3 days after it got dumped to online only weekly broadcasts, one of the contestants killed herself. The speculation was that her boyfriend, who had killed himself two months ago, didn't want her on the show. I can imagine how that, along with the show being a complete flop, could trigger a "What the hell was the point of any of this?!?" suicidal episode.

It's something I do try to remember every now and then about TV shows I watch, when I'm bald snarking on a forum; even if they are rotten people, these are still real people who have lives after the cameras stop rolling. They certainly don't deserve to be rich and famous, but they don't necessarily deserve to suffer, either.

My goodness, that is horrible. So very sad. I had never even heard of Pirate Master; I'll have to google it. It is a poignant reminder that underneath the ego we are all vulnerable. 

On this latest episode of Utopia, I watched. I wasn't going to, but then gave in after missing the first 8 minutes, which was the Aaron/Josh mayonnaise caper. One thing about the show is the editing is favorable to them, which is a point made often, and one thing I've noticed is that there seems to be moments when the group are all together and bonding over something together, like they only want to show those parts and not a lot of the dirt, but isn't that what people want to see in reality television?

Something seemed so staged about how Mike said to Dedeker "I'm moving out" like it was some big proclamation. I'm not a big Dedeker fan but I didn't enjoy seeing her cry alone outside at night. 

I liked how pastor Jon was welcomed back and the chat they had with him. Whether or not some of this stuff is staged, these are real human beings with feelings and maybe looking at all of this from a different angle would be beneficial for me.

• Love 1

Over on the live feed thread, there's a clip of Rob addressing the camera and reminding viewers that they're real people with feelings that can be hurt.  (One of the Tope web pages was inadvertently left open to comments for a short time before Production shut it down.)

It's just enormously ironic that the vast majority of the disapproving comments which hurt all their feelings were mainly critical of how cruelly they torment Bella and their objectionable behavior to each other.

I read this interesting thing once about how you can know in your heart that you're a truly a good person, but if you act like a jerk, it doesn't matter what you're inner self is like because what you are is a jerk.  Likewise, you might secretly believe that you're a terrible human being, but if you hide your poor character from the world with kindness and generosity, then THAT is what you are, regardless of whatever evil or negativity you're harboring in your heart.

Edited by candall
  • Love 3

Oh, I agree.  The major problem I have with these people is that they are idiots with huge egos.

Edited by nottopbravo
  • Love 1

Frankly I am shocked Bella passed on her opportunity to get Josh' s D once and for all. The chance may never come again.

I was wondering if it had anything to do with her hemorrhoid issues she was having right around that time?