Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: The Third Choir

• Start Topic

When the team learns that someone from its past is targeting one of its own, they desperately search the city. Operational Psychologist, Nate Getz visits Nell to help her through her traumatic experience.

A desperate search begins when the team learns that one of their own is being targeted.

I swear this is my favorite show on television right now.  I enjoyed tonight's episode so much.  I love Hettie heavy episodes and this one didn't disappoint. 

I couldn't stop laughing when the attorney got shot in the butt.

Why are they making Nell such a badass.

Great to see Nate.

Ah yes, a well constructed PSA on the perils of improper pension planning leading to disasterous consequences. Baby-boomer spies (Callan, I'm talking to you and your current "investment" strategy), take heed!  Please let this dumbass arc that is destroying characters be over, clicks heels three times.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

Why did they even bother with Nate when he was barely in the episode?

Hetty was the highlight here; and the rest of the episode was kind of off. We should have had more time with the villain if we were supposed to take him seriously as a threat. There just seems to be a lot of extraneous stuff in this one.

I got a kick from the woman who got shot yelling the whole time, dragging herself across the floor with no blood trail. She had two nicely placed bloodstains but when she finally stopped moving no blood pooled up under her. When Hetty and Bad Guy were having that final chat in the end the woman is laying on the floor quietly watching them and almost looks bored. I thought it was funny. 

I also enjoyed it when Hetty called out to the gang that "He's wearing a vest. Head shots only." and every gun in the place moves up a few inches in perfect sync.

• Love 3

I also enjoyed it when Hetty called out to the gang that "He's wearing a vest. Head shots only." and every gun in the place moves up a few inches in perfect sync.

That was the only part I liked.  In fact I pretty much hated this episode!  Callen was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.  It didn't seem like he had any plan and was just reacting to the situation.  I didn't like that he didn't feel like he had to explain himself either.  I don't care if Hetty is his surrogate mom; I still wanted him to let the others in on what he was thinking. And I wanted Sam to call him out on it and Grainger to bust him for it.  I don't like this arc at all and hope it is done.

• Love 1

Really liked seeing Gerald McRaney(Simon & Simon, Major Dad), as Admiral Hollace Kilbride. His exchange with Hetty on the troop transport was so cool. It was also funny her peeking out from between the soldiers to talk to him. Would be nice if he was on here once in awhile.

Hetty's talk alone with Michael Thomas and then the talk after hit home on accountability and how they go the extra mile to keep people safe. Then Hetty just walks out. Lawyer Matthew Ogilvie was concerned.

Hetty escaping from the 2nd floor and falling into the dumpster was funny after she said,"Maybe I am getting to old for this!" lol.

Callen stashing his cash in a cemetery crypt, interesting.

Deeks and Kensi had some good scenes as well.

Callen was really concerned to stop Mattias and his helpers. Granger was worried about G., and it was nice his talk with Sam. Sam said he would help Callen go rogue if need be. Callen needing,"Full Blown Beal" was funny. And when Mattias was in the house, Eric acted like a tech guy should. Watching him and reporting to the team on his activities.

Investigator Ava Wallace asking Sam out was nice. Then he being kind of flattered and confused when Callen asked him what that was all about. But Callen could see it, lol

Later she stepped up and wrestled with Mattias before he wounded her. Sam was very concerned for her and thankful. Sam owed her the whole bottle and not just a drink. lol

Was nice to see Nate Getz and his talk to both Nell and Granger. He even hung around to help Granger look for Mattias Draeger. But Hetty calling ahead to talk to Nell and talking about needing her and her PTSD, seemed to snap her out of it. Nell came to help Hetty at OPS. I just hope her PTSD isn't over with and it pops up at times just like Kensi's and Deek's should. Sam seemed to be immune. Maybe being a Navy Seal he was better trained for it? I hope Nate sticks around another week or so just to follow up.

Not sure what dead guys Brian Greene and Russian Student Demetrie Borillia(sp) had to do with the case? Maybe Greene matched Mattias build better so he could use his id? But Borillia had a weapon and body armor? Was he a setup to snipe Callen and team, or was he one of Mattias's goons that was in the wrong place?

Liked Sam and G beating the bushes to drive out Mattias. Salazar and his gang became unfortunate victims. Like the old Chevies! The Sam saves Callen scene was good!

I like when Sam and Callen talk to Alkady Kolchek. But last couple times they have had to rattle his cage to get info. So the Russians are after him to. So must be more to this story then we have info. on. I didn't really get all the reason that Mattias wanted to take Hetty back to Russia. He said the Cold War was back on but not so cold. But not sure why it seemed to me that he was kinda knowing that the LA team may take him out?? Almost like he wanted or expected it to happen? I didn't see what he help up in OPS when he got Hetty to get out of her chair to go with him?

The team stopped Mattias, I was thinking it would go on another week or 2 maybe. Hetty capping him in the knee surprised me. Thomas will have something to say about that, lol. Unless they let that storyline drop. Hetty's big smile at end and G said "Welcome back!" "Good to be back" was Hetty's reply, nice!

I don't know what is going on with Kensi & Deeks but they are clearly hiding something. A little too quick with the 'we carpooled' denial

They've been a secret couple for quite a while now. Hetty knows, and has warned them that if it becomes public they'll be transferred to other jobs apart from each other, if they don't just get fired instead. Actually I think everyone except Granger knows or suspects, and now that the latest Bad Guy has been caught, I'm sure he'll revisit that awkward moment and realize what it all meant.

Edited by Zahdii

They've been a secret couple for quite a while now. Hettie knows, and has warned them that if it becomes public they'll be transferred to other jobs apart from each other, if they don't just get fired instead. 

I thought Deeks backed off in Three Hearts last year after dealing with the undercover agent that fell in love (or at least lust) with his target's wife.

I thought Deeks backed off in Three Hearts last year after dealing with the undercover agent that fell in love (or at least lust) with his target's wife.

It could be, it's not a storyline I pay a lot of attention to.

Hetty escaping from the 2nd floor and falling into the dumpster was funny after she said,"Maybe I am getting to old for this!" lol.

My only problem with that scene is that they obviously couldn't find a Hetty-sized stuntwoman!

I, too, was delighted to see Gerald McRaney!  He's better looking (sexier) now than when he was young.  Good episode, we enjoyed it.  Very interesting...how G keeps his considerable amount of money in a crypt!  Whose crypt?  Where did he get that much money? 

I love me some GMcR, and am glad to see him working after Longmire got canceled.  But given the unresolved cliff-hanger on Longmire, he might have been looking for work whether the series got canceled or not.  Damn, he looked hot in that suit.  Usually he plays more scruffy characters.

• Love 1