Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Bad Blood

A very timely episode!  I wonder how long ago it was written.

Even before Sara mentioned it, I remembered that she and Greg had to take a decontamination shower together - Greg told her not to worry, he didn't look...Sara said she did look:) I think they make a better couple than Sara and Grissom ever did.

When she was asking Russell to do something for her, I was sure she wanted him to get in touch with Grissom, but no, she just wanted to help solve the case.

I honestly didn't get what went on in the village - I guess a lot more people died than the drug company let on but I don't know why they were blamed for that.  I know they lied to the people, telling them it was just a fever.  Were they supposed to have provided a cure? Send more people to help?

Anyhow, if they solve this Gig Harbor murder case with just a few lines and a brief appearance by Finn in every other episode, I'll be happy.  I know that isn't going to happen.

• Love 3

I honestly didn't get what went on in the village - I guess a lot more people died than the drug company let on but I don't know why they were blamed for that.  I know they lied to the people, telling them it was just a fever.  Were they supposed to have provided a cure? Send more people to help?

That part is a little muddled for me, too.  I think the problem was that, because they lied , the villagers thought it was safe to care for their loved ones in person, and so forced their way into the hospital, becoming infected in the process.

An okay episode, although parts of the story line weren't all that clear.  And it certainly was spooky, given the current ebola news.

Random observations:  

Aw, that was nice of Greg to call his grandmother.

Sara collapses and Greg has to shout for help -- I would have thought patients who just might develop a deadly and highly contagious disease would be under    

close and constant observation.

Does anyone know if Ibare is a real virus?  I googled it and couldn't find anything relevant, so I'm assuming it's made-up name.

• Love 2

Once again the best of the episode is that The Fin is off in rainy Seattle.  I was at my mother's while watching and she couldn't figure out while I kept yelling "stay there" at the TV. 

I did think it was quite the timely episode considering the current Ebola crisis.  I do wonder when it was written.

Yeah, I didn't understand why the drug company wouldn't want to tell the villagers that there is a virus, it'll spread if you get too close, stay out.  Did the drug company cause the virus to start with?  Why would it worry about telling the truth?

• Love 1

On tv, EEEVul drug companies don't need an excuse.   Cause they're EEvul doncha know?    They probably wanted everyone dead to hide the secret they were testing on humans.   But those meddling CSIs ruined everything.

They probably wanted everyone dead to hide the secret they were testing on humans.   But those meddling CSIs ruined everything.

Of course this now means that they will have to go after the CSIs and exact their revenge. Because that's how real life works.

Watched the show last night and the first thing I did this morning was come on here to see if anyone could explain what happened in the village.  I should have slept in, instead.

I would think that you would want everyone in the village to know that this was a very deadly virus, so that if someone felt sick, they would go to the clinic/doctor, instead of possibly infecting their families.  Besides, you tell people that it is nothing and then a bunch of people die, your are going to have a lot of trouble on your hands.  So, yeah, they shouldn't have lied, but I can buy that they panicked while facing a large group of people that didn't speak their language, and, in the heat of the moment, thought that if they tell them how horrible it is, the people may force their way in for last good-byes.  The drug company people made a bad choice, but it isn't like they said "Oh, it is just a fever, why don't you come in and visit for a while."  They still told them not to come in. 

I don't get why the drug people lied about how many had died either.  Why not just say we told people not to come in, but they forced their way past us (not the complete truth, but close). But even if they did lie about the number of people, I don't understand why that was such a horrible thing to lie about.  Now, if they had covered up the entire outbreak, I can see that being an issue, but they saying 15 people died when it was really 28 (I made up these numbers) is not some major crime.  It is not like if they owned up to all the deaths, then the deaths would have somehow had meaning or had been worth it. 

The whole village stuff seems like a very lame excuse to kill someone.  Couldn't they have taken a few extra minutes to show us that the drug people had done something really bad - like leaving a bag of contaminated bedding in front of their makeshift hospital or somehow contaminating flyers they handed out to the villagers, or go the really evil route and show us a brief conversation like "hey, we don't have enough info about how this spreads, we need to expose a few people."

While I found the village stuff distracting (obviously), I liked the episode.  Lots of Nick, Sara and Greg makes for a good episode.  And only a few minutes of Finn makes it a great episode.  Plus, in the few minutes we saw Finn, she wasn't making out or having sex, so this was a pretty fantastic episode. 

• Love 2

Sarah and Greg exposed to Hemorrhagic fever. Seems like a few series have plague on their minds this season. And it coincides with the Ebola scare.

They being kept in isolation, but could play chess and help with case on laptops.

Russell telling Greg and Sara they can't die on him was a good concerned friends line. Greg said it was a good "Motivation for a Vacation!" Good (but not as realistic) that Greg and Sara lived, but Sean Stubens died. Guess Sara and Greg were caught sooner. Nice hug at end. I would have thought when Sara fainted, that someone would have been watching too. Or atleast on cam.

Fin working still in Seattle, doesn't seem like she is figuring out much stuff there.

I guess the Dr. messed up by telling the families the sickness was not so bad. That let it spread by not having enough precautions. They took their families home to treat. First victim Jack Weaver was one of the doctors there. Then Mitch and Nick find Sean Stubens infected. Maybe move Mitch up to Jim Brasse's position? They think that Jack Weaver infected himself? But a photo shows lawyer Rudy Adelia was in Bolivia. He infected Jack Weaver with the stolen vial from Dr. Heather Lanning. Rudy's family had died there. Dr. Lanning knew more then she told. She was a suspect but was not the killer.

The whole village stuff seems like a very lame excuse to kill someone.  Couldn't they have taken a few extra minutes to show us that the drug people had done something really bad - like leaving a bag of contaminated bedding in front of their makeshift hospital or somehow contaminating flyers they handed out to the villagers, or go the really evil route and show us a brief conversation like "hey, we don't have enough info about how this spreads, we need to expose a few people."

Yeah, I figured it had to be something like they deliberately released the virus (Because they're EEVIL!!) which would at least give a proper motivation for somebody to murder them, but you'd think even an evil drug company would think twice before releasing a plague that they don't actually have a cure, or even a vaccine for. If they did have a vaccine, at least they would have the (pure evil) motivation of going "Hey, you know what would really shift our vaccine? A huge outbreak!" but they didn't even give us that.