Type keyword(s) to search

Unspoiled Speculation

DollEyes

Here's the thread for unspoiled speculation, such as what I think could finally lead to Rayna and Luke's break-up. I think that once Will comes out, Jeff will drop him from Edgehill and Rayna will immediately sign him to Highway 65, which not only won't sit well with Luke, he could be downright homophobic, which could make Rayna see the light and kick Luke to the curb like the trash he is once and for all. If that doesn't work, Deacon and Teddy could join forces to expose Luke, for the girls' sake.

As for Layla and Jeff, they'll probably end up either fucking each other, killing each other, or both.

Regarding Juliette and Avery's baby, I think that hearing about the pregnancy will make Avery clean up his act, work things out with Juliette and be there for her and the baby, including being in the delivery room.

About Gunnar/Scarlett/Zoe/Kylie, I think that Gunnar and Scarlett will get back together and Zoe and Kylie will be history, which will be fine with me. Hopefully Zoe doesn't end up pregnant or Kylie's not a single mom raising Gunnar's first child.

Edited by DollEyes
As for Layla and Jeff, they'll probably end up either fucking each other, killing each other, or both.

I see the potential for some hate-fucking, too. I was thinking the other night that those two could be good allies and if Jeff is smart he'll realize she could be useful to him.

Regarding Pam, the much-maligned hard-ridden backup singer--I thought I read something describing her as Deacon's muse. Maybe she has a great voice and she and Deacon could be great song-writing partners and have a friends with benefits type of thing going while he's waiting for Rayna to come to her senses.

About Gunnar/Scarlett/Zoe/Kylie, I think that Gunnar and Scarlett will get back together and Zoe and Kylie will be history, which will be fine with me. Hopefully Zoe doesn't end up pregnant or Kylie's not a single mom raising Gunnar's first child.

I wish they would either give Zoe a decent storyline or get rid of her. I was wondering if Zoe left, whether Scarlett could take her place in the Avery-Zoe-Gunnar band? That would be a good way to keep those characters interacting - plus they could make some awesome music.

I don't know that Avery will clean up his act if he's saying that crap about "Wishing he never met her" after he finds out she's pregnant. Damnwell better not be, he needs to get his shit together and get over it and be a good father. I speculate that if he says that to a pregnant Juliette, something bad will happen like a crazy fan or something and she will miscarry the baby, probably to her manager's delight since the sympathy votes would do wonders for her "downward mobility". Is there no one on the planet that gives a damn about Juliette Barnes? She's the most likeable character on the show to my mind, Avery's treatment of her just pisses me off.

Some speculations:

- Avery will clean up his act, but I think the writers are going to delve more into Avery's psyche/demons.  Avery seems to have lost his confidence- and I think the writers are going to try and explore why. Don't like it -but think that is where they're going (hope not). Read somewhere that there had been a discussion of Avery's parents showing up sometime this season. If that is the case, then I think it will either be an alcohol/drug intervention OR them visiting him and learning of his pending fatherhood. Think will be the latter- and I think- as seemingly all the characters on this show do- he has some parental issues- probably his dad emotionally abused him/always put him down. I think in the first episode this season- when Avery told Scarlett how he always thought someone better for her would come along- that might have been an indicator.  Also- looks like we'll see more of what Juliette went through as a kid...which will reinforce how they're both damaged souls.

- I think it will be LUKE- not Rayna- who will either postpone or call off the wedding. I think he'll either finally see that Rayna isn't really committed to him, or they'll take a pause from each other- not closing the door on their relationship but postponing things which still keeps both Luke and Deacon in the mix. This will be part of the winter finale this Nov/Dec.

- Timeline check- didn't the season 2 finale end (in real time and in the plot) in May- with Rayna's album coming out during the time of the season finale? Seems like we've gone about 3 weeks in time in season 3. Luke/Rayna are marrying now in November, yes? So am assuming they are going to move the plot along a little faster in time over these next few episodes- so they can finally start showing fully pregnant Juliette and getting closer to the wedding and this will be shown in Nov/Dec.

-  I think Juliette will carry the baby to term but then lose it-- since she/Avery must be unhappy at all times. This will drive them apart again after they were starting to reconnect- and they'll both go on to other useless love interests.

- I don't really care much about Gunnar, Zoey, or Scarlett (except when they sing) but I too think that the kid of Gunnar's first love is his brother's child. I do think it will break up Zoey/Gunnar and eventually bring Gunnar and Scarlett together.

- I just can't see this show going more than 4 seasons...so the writers need to start figuring out how they want this show to end.

Another unspoiled spec is that the woman who flirted with Teddy at the party is a hooker whom Jeff will use to set Teddy up and drug him to make it look like he slept with her so that he can blackmail Teddy into signing Maddie & Daphne to Edgehill. 

Some speculations:

- I think it will be LUKE- not Rayna- who will either postpone or call off the wedding. I think he'll either finally see that Rayna isn't really committed to him, or they'll take a pause from each other- not closing the door on their relationship but postponing things which still keeps both Luke and Deacon in the mix. This will be part of the winter finale this Nov/Dec.

- Timeline check- didn't the season 2 finale end (in real time and in the plot) in May- with Rayna's album coming out during the time of the season finale? Seems like we've gone about 3 weeks in time in season 3. Luke/Rayna are marrying now in November, yes? So am assuming they are going to move the plot along a little faster in time over these next few episodes- so they can finally start showing fully pregnant Juliette and getting closer to the wedding and this will be shown in Nov/Dec.

I think Rayna pretty much had things her own way with Deacon and Teddy, especially with Teddy. It was Teddy who could not take it any more and asked for the divorce.

In contrast, I don't think Luke will kow-tow to what she decides is best. He's going to put his foot down. I'm sure he wants to wear the pants in the marriage.

Now that Gunnar's baby momma has ditched the kid, I bet she dies and Gunnar finds out at the funeral that he's not the father.  He'll fight the father for custody, lose, leading to lots of manpain inspiration for more songs.  That or she'll decide she wants the kid back, he'll say no, and she'll accuse him of kidnapping her kid.  That entire plotline already has be rolling my eyes, so they might as well go full on into soap opera territory with it.

IN next week's preview,we see Luke calling Rayna and saying something, about, she needs to know something.

That's probably about Maddie being there, maybe her going out on stage?

But, it occurred to me, though unlikely, maybe Maddie tells Colt what she saw. Colt tells his Dad, because he's worried,,and that's what Luke is calling Rayna about, or, at least, that's what he's going to tell her, in that preview.

• Love 1

I thought about that too, but that conversation seems to happen in the early part of the same day where Rayna's chewing out Maddie. I'm pretty sure that Luke's calling to let her know she's there, I don't think she'll let anyone know what she saw until she tells her Mom. I think it'll come out after Rayna tells her Juliette isn't a role model. Because in her eyes, who is? Her Mom lied to her for most of her life, her Dad's in prison, and her Father is a recovering alcoholic who throws furniture when he gets upset.

I think Maddie worships Rayna, actually, and that's why she acts the way she does. It's like she's stuck in a constant internal battle between how fiercely she loves and is like her mother and how angry and betrayed she feels about what Rayna did. The fact that Maddie and Rayna both fell so hard for Deacon to the exclusion of all else is what makes that seem real to me. I wish the writers were good enough to really pull that off. I think the actors could do it.

I have no idea what's coming next week. I hope Maddie tells Rayna what happened and that Rayna and Deacon confront what it means for all of them, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

I think that's the case for all three of her parents actually, this is just the first time that the illusion has been broken with Deacon. And you know that role model comment is going to get thrown right back in Rayna's face.

I really do think that's what's coming next week, and I think the remainder of the first half of the season will see Deacon trying to earn her trust again.

The actors are what keep me watching, especially Chip, Connie, and Hayden (and the last two weeks, Clare.) they all seem to be able to add the subtlety and nuance to their performances that's missing in the writing.

• Love 1

You think Maddie worships Teddy, you mean? I don't see that, actually, even at the beginning. I remember back to when Maddie found out he was cheating on Rayna with old Pork Blood and how she seemed to feel such loyalty and solidarity with her mom. Or the way Maddie responded when Rayna gave her the guitar. And before the whole Deacon thing came out, Maddie seemed to be totally taken with and adoring of Rayna in a way that she never was with Teddy. I always thought it was because they shared an artist's soul, so Maddie felt much closer to her mother than to Teddy.

I do think Maddie worships Deacon too, yeah, and it's similar to how she adored Rayna at the beginning. I feel like we're supposed to get a really tight bond among three of them, that by having Rayna, Deacon, and Maddie be so wildly in love with each other, the audience feels more intensely what they all lost. It's not always written well, but sometimes it is...like that time Maddie crawled into Rayna's lap or when Rayna watched them singing "Believing."

I really, really hope that this blow up with Deacon also gives Maddie a better understanding of her mom. They should be able to share the feeling of disillusionment and Maddie should understand better who Rayna is and why she made the choices she did. But Maddie never seems to get to really grow up, so...

I've been rewatching the first season, and ohmygod...It's like a totally different show. People have whole conversations that go on for minutes at a time, and the subtlety of Rayna and Deacon's relationship, how the intensity is palpable and they're both trying so hard to remain controlled, is really well done. It's so much tension and drama without all the melodrama. I just watched their conversation in the park where they're talking about how they really need to be done and Rayna basically admits without saying so that she's totally in love with him but feels trapped in her life. He just lets her have that and then has to walk away. The moment is complete without being over. Good stuff.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

I do think she felt that for Teddy. Yes, she sided with her Mom when she found out he'd cheated, but most kids would, and that was the realization for her that her parents divorce had many factors and that her Dad was fallible. You're right that she's her mother's daughter though, her worship of Teddy isn't nearly as intense as Daphne's.

Her gaining some understanding of why Rayna made the choices she did would be a great outcome, as would some maturing on her part. We'll see if the writers let that happen.

Lord how I miss the storytelling of the first season. Nowadays there is so much melodrama and so many stories all at once that everything seems to get short shrift. It's not satisfying for the most part...or at all. I also liked that you could clearly identify the leads that season since they were in most every scene, not anymore. It was such a different show, wonder who told them to up the melodrama and focus more on the younger characters?

See...I think Daphne does worship Teddy, and did from the beginning. She didn't ever seem to have that for Rayna. I don't think it means either kid didn't love the other parent, just that each girl was connected more to one over the other. Teddy's fall for Daphne seems to mirror Rayna's for Maddie...which is one reason it seemed so bizarre that Maddie was ripping up those photos too. Besides the fact that she's way too old for that, she's always seemed to lack the intense connection to him that would drive that behavior.

Yeah, I don't know. I like Will and Scarlett a lot, but other than that, I don't care about the younger set on their own at all. Rayna and Deacon are the interesting ones. But I'm old, so...

I do wonder if Connie and Chip, maybe Hayden, asked to have their roles dialed back, though. I remember years ago Lauren Graham talking about how exhausting Gilmore Girls was because she and Alexis were in nearly every scene. It made the shooting schedule very hard for them physically. She said she lived on coffee and slept only a few hours each night, and could only do it at all because she was pretty young. So they spoke to the producers about it, and Amy Sherman Palladino decided to beef up the supporting cast to give the leads a break. It could be that the Nashville leads were just unable to maintain the shooting schedule, I suppose.

Edited by madam magpie

I normally throw Avery and Juliette in there, and any time the girls are with Deacon. I do like the girls - Lennon and Maisy that is - but their characters can grate sometimes. Though it HAS been nice to get more than just a smile and a couple of words out of Daphne this season.

The girls grate for me too when they're not allowed to be realistic kids. That whiny TV kid is just so unfamiliar to me. I don't know. Maybe kids are like that in real life, but I don't know them. I usually like them with any of the leads, actually, but they're supporting players.

I do like Avery and Juliette, though not recently, but I've never really cared much either way for them together. I don't care if they make it as a couple or not. (Same with Scarlett and Gunnar.) Plus giving them a baby turned out to be a huge narrative mistake. That's not what I want from Juliette at all. I know it was the result of Hayden's pregnancy, but still. I want Juliette breaking balls, making music, and butting heads with Rayna. That's fun! And I like watching Avery work too. But I have to admit, their personal lives have never much appealed to me.

Edited by madam magpie

I like the two of them together, have been rooting for them since he bumped into her in the pilot. But I'm with you on the baby front. I prefer Juliette kicking ass and taking names, not getting shots so she can avoid thinking about her husband and child. With some careful planning they could have written around Hayden's pregnancy and avoided this whole mess. I felt totally sleevy watching her storyline last week.

• Love 1

I don't really think there was any good way around writing Hayden's pregnancy into the show, just because Juliette standing behind large objects to hide her belly for half the season would have been really limiting and wouldn't have hidden the pregnancy well anyway. They could have still kept Juliette's personality the same though, which would have been an interesting contrast to how different she would be at home with her family. That is what I always liked about her and Avery together, is that when they first got together she was still ambitious and could be a real B to people, but she was softer and vulnerable with Avery in a way she wasn't with anyone else too much. But now that she is off the rails and even Avery can't reach her, it's just depressing. They didn't even have to write a story about her dealing with being a mom, she could have had a storyline after the birth about something else and we just see her managing being a mother too as a side thing. I hope the second half of the season, assuming they wrap this up quickly once Hayden resumes filming, will bring something lighter for Juliette and we see her how she used to be - feisty and tough but someone you can sympathize with still.  

Nashville is running reruns already starting from Season #1 three episodes on Saturday night from 8:00 to 11:00. Seems they are going to be doing reruns on Saturday's three episodes at a time.