Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Stitch And, Um, Chat

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I know I've been sitting at home on pins and needles waiting for a design show featuring kids. My life is now complete.

From the Lifetime website:

"Project Runway: Threads" is a competition series showcasing America’s most talented young fashion designers. Each week, three new contestants pull out their scissors, sketchbooks and skills to see who can out-design the competition and set the new standard for the future of fashion. Challenges will be fast-paced, unpredictable and far from child’s play as these nascent fashion powerhouses compete for $10,000 to be used at any Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts Store or Joann.com, a prestigious scholarship to the summer program at FIDM including travel expenses and a top-of-the-line sewing and embroidery studio courtesy of Brother International Corporation.

So it's more like the Chopped format than the MasterChef: Junior format. Somehow, this does not keep me from wanting to bang my head against the nearest hard object.

Still, it could be fun. We shall see.

• Love 1

I cannot stand Vanessa Simmons' voice. She sounds like a 13 year old girl. I also don't understand why she is is Vanessa Simms on this show....does she not want to be seen as Simmons??

Can anyone confirm for me that this is only an eight episode season? I've seen it a couple of places but nowhere that official and now I can't find those links again. I can't be writing these recaps forever.

If they do this show again I hope the lighting is improved.  The floor lights shining on the contestants' legs made their skin look pink-purple.  The first time I noticed it, I thought the girl's legs were an odd color - maybe she had a rash.  But I noticed it whenever any of the contestants had bare legs.