Type keyword(s) to search

Randy Jackson: The Dawg Father

• Start Topic

I really hope next year they let Harry be the in-house mentor and they hire Adam Lambert as his replacement judge. Or hell, even Adam Lambert could be in the house-mentor if he wanted to do that. Let's face it- anyone is better than Randy. Even JLo or Paula Abdul could be a better mentor than Randy. I used to not really understand why people bashed Randy so much because at times he'll make insightful comments but lately I started seeing it. I think he is really not doing these contestants any favors. I wouldn't be surprised if he convinced Majesty to abandon her subtle, quiet style of singing and instead she should start belting out all these high notes if she wants to be "in it to win it."

It seems like when they show him telling the contestants to do something and then they do, it turns out awful, and the judges don't like it. Like when he tells someone, "I like when it's just you out front with your guitar," and then the judges say something like, "We're afraid you're getting boring just standing there with your guitar."

• Love 2

Yeah but if we take a look at all the judges of this show, the only ones who could REALLY sing were Mariah and Steven Tyler. Keith and Harry are okay singers. JLo and Paula are popstars who dance. The rest did not sing at all. Simon is just a record executive, Kara is mainly a songwriter, and the only thing Ellen does regarding music is that she owns a record label. Randy, while not being a singer, is a record producer and Mariah's former manager. 

• Love 1

Yeah but if we take a look at all the judges of this show, the only ones who could REALLY sing were Mariah and Steven Tyler. Keith and Harry are okay singers. JLo and Paula are popstars who dance. The rest did not sing at all. Simon is just a record executive, Kara is mainly a songwriter, and the only thing Ellen does regarding music is that she owns a record label. Randy, while not being a singer, is a record producer and Mariah's former manager. 

Not her manager, that's the money man, he was her music director in charge of the other musicians putting on the show, the Duke Ellington role. Nobody doubts his chops just his willingness to express them on a happy hour TV show with a live audience booing the slightest criticism or less than the greatest performance of all time comment.

Is it for good this time? They went through that whole "farewell" video package thing at the end of season 12, then he came back the next season as the in house mentor… He's like the stray cat that keeps coming back if you leave food out for him.

If there won't be an "in house" mentor role this season, I would love for there to be former Idols every week, like they did this past season bringing back Adam, Chris Daughtry, David Cook, etc.