Type keyword(s) to search

Once Upon a Podcasts

Rumsy4
  • Start Topic

I thought I'd start a thread for those of us who would like to discuss podcasts related to the Show. I've been an avid podcast listener for several years now. I listened to the official podcast when Adam and Eddy were doing that regularly a la Damon and Carlton. While I enjoyed it, that's where they made the infamous comments about Regina playing chess with Graham in her bedroom. So, maybe it's a good thing they stopped podcasting.

As for fan-podcasts, I've been listening to the ONCE podcast from the start. It has undergone a few modifications over the years. They're good, but they tend to overanalyze the show, and have two podcasts per week. The hosts were extremely pro-SwanFire to the point where their bias started annoying me a lot for their lack of objectivity in S3.

I discovered Greetings from Storybrooke last season, and enjoyed their podcast very much. One host is pro-CS, and the other was pro-SF and anti-Emma. But overall, they don't do any bashing, and do a good job with the episode analysis.

The Captain Swan podcast started recently as well (Serena is one of the co-hosts). This is strictly a pro-CS podcast, and I enjoy them very much. Anyone can join, and I'm hoping I'll work up the time and courage to join them one day. ;-) 

• Love 1

Love the Captain Swan podcast. I also listen to the hypable(Onceable podcast),The Once Upon a fan,The AfterBuzz Once podcast,Secrets of Once(hosted by a priest) and Greetings from storybook. I sometimes listen to others but get annoyed with podcast who are so biased toward Regina or Swanfire. There was a podcast that stopped podcasting after neal died.

I listened to Afterbuzz as well, but have decided to stop. For one, they make a lot of mistakes, maybe because they podcast immediately after the episode airs, and some of the co-hosts are militantly SF/anti-Hook. However, they sometimes host actors from the show, and they've had on Raphael SBarge, and the actors who played Greg, baby Owen, and Maid Marian. 

There was a podcast that stopped podcasting after neal died.

I heard about that! I guess when you are that attached to a character, it can be hard. :-p

Edited by Rumsy4

There was a podcast that stopped podcasting after neal died.

I heard about that! I guess when you are that attached to a character, it can be hard. :-p

I mean, I get that Neal had his fans . . . and they deserve to enjoy his character if they do.  But, he wasn't exactly a front and center character.  He was given fairly minimal screen time.  If he was the only reason they were watching/podcasting?  They do not choose their TV shows like I do.  I can't watch something if I don't enjoy the majority of it.

The ONCE podcast spent more time discussing Elizabeth Mitchell than anything else. Emma was mentioned once, and Hook not even that. I guess they decided that it's better to say nothing than to say bad things. :-p

I used to listen to the Once podcast but they irritated me after really focusing only on the differences from the Disney movies and they made a comment about Lancelot's mom being the Lady of the Lake "but she was white!" as if interracial relationships don't happen these days. I was probably a mountain out of a molehill, but it got to me and I stopped listening after that. Their religious opinions also crept into their podcast a lot on a more frequent basis and it just wasn't what I was into anymore.

So I tried listening to a few podcasts and they literally made my head hurt.  You know that feeling you get when you’re stressed?  That’s how I felt listening to them.  They get sidetracked and start talking about shit that has no relevance to the show or episode.  They sigh and “ummmm” a lot.  They jump ahead to discuss latter parts of the ep and confuse themselves even more because they can’t seem to discuss stuff that happened in chronological order.   I’m like, did you really watch...I mean you say you took notes, but...? 

Yeah--I tried a few different OUAT podcasts and most of them annoyed me, especially when they kept getting facts wrong as you said. I like the ONCE podcast, though I don't always agree with them, and I think they tend to overanalyze things. The Captain Swan podcast is enjoyable. They have some issues with background noise filtering and occasional swearing, but has a cozy feel to it. :-) 

Yeah--I tried a few different OUAT podcasts and most of them annoyed me, especially when they kept getting facts wrong as you said. I like the ONCE podcast, though I don't always agree with them, and I think they tend to overanalyze things. The Captain Swan podcast is enjoyable. They have some issues with background noise filtering and occasional swearing, but has a cozy feel to it. :-) 

At least the Afterbuzz TV podcast has a live chat so if one of the hosts gets something wrong, someone in the live chat can correct them.  But one of the hosts has a very annoying voice and they can’t seem to stay on track either.  I seriously can’t understand how they can be so confused about things.  I wonder if they might be doing other stuff when watching.  Maybe they should watch the ep all the way through first, then take notes on rewatch? 

I like Random Tea because the hosts are hilarious and they tend to discuss episodes in chronological order, plus they research stuff and have it ready to discuss during the podcast.  I only listen to their Sleepy Hollow podcast…wish they did OUAT.  I truly like to hear other interpretations of the show, though, so will try the Captain Swan and Once podcasts.

(edited)

A pro-Rumple, anti-Hook, anti-Emma person is now a regular host in the ONCE podcast. I think I'm going to have to stop listening. Someone who loves Rumple but hates Emma doesn't have the perspective needed for a podcast I want to listen to.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I haven't listened in a while, but was surprised to read that Greetings From Storybrooke is quitting:

Season 5

I don’t think it’s a secret we’ve been spilling a lot of Haterade this year. The show we Once loved just hasn’t held our interest as much in Season 5 as we would have hoped. As you know, we have a lot of other projects on top of Greetings from Storybrooke. We’ve spent a lot of time reassessing our lives and the way that we spend our time. We think that the time that we spend on GFS could be better, and more positively, spent elsewhere.

It's a shame. They were a lot of fun.

I've never listened to a full OUAT podcast, and it's a shame there isn't a good, analytical discussion-based podcast that critiques the show without any biases. I loved listening to the Bald Move podcast when Breaking Bad was on the air because they really got into the nit-picky aspects of the show and seemed to focus more on the writing. But most of the OUAT podcasts I've come across either have announcers with annoying voices, they don't sound intelligent, they forget canon facts from seasons ago, or they clearly have biases against certain characters. 

I never listened to Greetings from Storybrooke, but I gave up on the Once podcast. Last season, they were getting too biased against certain characters and getting too many canon facts wrong. Seriously, I don't even rewatch any episodes, and I can remember these things! Same with Afterbuzz TV. They had a few good hosts/guests but one of the regular hosts was the worst with facts and also blinded too much by her Regina fan goggles (she actually suggested that Sir Percival should initially have tried to talk to Regina about the time she slaughtered his entire village). I have caught the Captain Swan podcast, and that was fun, although sometimes there was too much talking over one another.

So, I haven't listened to any podcasts since 4B. I think with so much intelligent discussion here, the members of this forum would put together a great podcast.

OT, in another note, if anyone is a fan of the Monkees music or TV show (or even if you're not), I highly recommend the Zilch Podcast. I've been have been in online forums with one of the mods since 1997, and all the mods know their facts. Each episode has been full of good stuff.

• Love 1

I haven't listened to the Afterbuzz TV podcast at all in S5.  I used to listen to the Once Upon a Fan podcast, but it's too long (most eps are 1.5 - 2 hrs), non of the hosts really like Hook or CaptainSwan so they tend to brush over their scenes.  

(edited)

I stopped listening to Afterbuzz ages ago. I was getting second embarrassment at how many facts they got wrong. ONCE podcast has been hard to listen to this half-season as well, as many of the hosts are anti-Hook and anti-CS. Also, one of the new hosts is a self-confessed expert on Greek Mythology, and gets bent out of shape with all the inaccuracies. Which, whatever. It's THIS Show. lol 

I've taken part in the CS podcast quite a few times this half-season. It's a lot of fun, and much of the talking-over-each-other issues have been taken care of. :-)

Edited by Rumsy4

I've been listening to Hypable's Onceable podcast this season, and I'm liking it. They're not pro-Rumple, but otherwise seem to like all charatcers. They even like Henry. :-p lol 

I'm still listening to the ONCE podcast but they make me so mad at times. They blame Belle and think she and Rumple should get back together, and one of the hosts really hates Hook. But at least the rabid Rumbeller from the S5 podcast season is not co-hosting this year. 

I've been listening to Hypable's Onceable podcast this season, and I'm liking it. They're not pro-Rumple, but otherwise seem to like all charatcers. They even like Henry. :-p lol 

I'm still listening to the ONCE podcast but they make me so mad at times. They blame Belle and think she and Rumple should get back together, and one of the hosts really hates Hook. But at least the rabid Rumbeller from the S5 podcast season is not co-hosting this year. 

I used to listen to most of the podcast around,now I only listen to a handful.

I listen to both CS podcast that are around now. I listen to Hypable(Onceable) and also listen to https://media.zencast.fm/once-uponth-a-time (Once Uponth a Time ( Husband and Wife podcasting team) the wife adores hook. If i'm bored a listen to others but most of them love Regina and I certainly don't so i don't listen to them anymore. 

• Love 1