Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Speculation (Non-Spoiler)

• Start Topic

A poster at TVLine stated that Alex tweeted to expect something different on Wednesday and that judging by his emoticon that he doesn't seem happy. Don't know the song choice or who made the pick, but I'm speculating he's getting his own version of the Happy Feet song. 

• Love 1

Isn't next week's themes Judges' Choice, Randy's Choice, and Hometown Choice? So none of the contestants get to choose their songs this week. God knows what Randy picked out for them.

A poster at TVLine stated that Alex tweeted to expect something different on Wednesday and that judging by his emoticon that he doesn't seem happy. Don't know the song choice or who made the pick, but I'm speculating he's getting his own version of the Happy Feet song. 

The Happy Feet song? I'm unfamiliar with the reference (although I haven't watched Idol regularly in a long time until this season so if it's a more recent Idol reference that's why).

Of those remaining, Alex inherently has the biggest problem with songs being dictated to them.  He has one, and only one, winning style (Mraz).  Anything else and he is a fish out of water flailing for his life.  The others can at least get by, imo.

(edited)
The Happy Feet song? I'm unfamiliar with the reference (although I haven't watched Idol regularly in a long time until this season so if it's a more recent Idol reference that's why).

It refers to Season 7 top three contestant Syesha Mercado who was given the song Hit Em Up from the Happy Feet soundtrack. Some viewers felt as though she was given that song as a derailment so that the final two could be the two Davids. Sorry for the confusion with the song title. At another forum (not TwoP) everyone just started calling it the Happy Feet song. 

Of those remaining, Alex inherently has the biggest problem with songs being dictated to them.  He has one, and only one, winning style (Mraz).  Anything else and he is a fish out of water flailing for his life.  The others can at least get by, imo.

During his home visit, Alex performed other songs that were more of a jazzy/blusey vibe. Granted he doesn't belt, scream, or screech, but he's known more for deconstructing and rearranging songs that lend itself to more of a Mraz style. jmho 

Edited by yourpointis
(edited)

My predictions for song choices:

Alex:

Judges' Choice: I Luh ya Papi

Randy's Pick: Who Let the Dawgs Out?

Hometown Pick: My Cup

Jena:

Judges' Choice: Say my Name

Randy's Choice: Don't Speak

Hometown Pick: You Say it Best (when you say nothing at all)

Caleb will choose his own songs, because as we all know, he doesn't take requests.

Edited by Joystickenvy
  • Love 4

It refers to Season 7 top three contestant Syesha Mercado who was given the song Hit Em Up from the Happy Feet soundtrack. Some viewers felt as though she was given that song as a derailment so that the final two could be the two Davids. Sorry for the confusion with the song title. At another forum (not TwoP) everyone just started calling it the Happy Feet song.

Ah. I figured it was something like that, but I barely remember that season, which I think is one of  the last ones I watched until now. I usually call that sort of thing the Vincent treatment, after the second season when Clay Aiken picked Vincent out of a bowl that was theorized to contain only slips of paper saying, "Vincent."

• Love 2

Caleb isnt my favorite contestant by any means, but at least he's not another John Mayer/Mraz wannabe or country singer.

He's just a Bon Jovi wanna-be.

No doubt Alex will not get the best songs of the 3 remaining.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you - that you think the powers-that-be will saddle Alex with less than appealing songs.  

Of those remaining, Alex inherently has the biggest problem with songs being dictated to them.  He has one, and only one, winning style (Mraz).  Anything else and he is a fish out of water flailing for his life.  The others can at least get by, imo.

Is this not true of Caleb (who can only perform/sing at eleven) and Jena (who can only perform while running around the stage and swallowing her words)?

• Love 3
Ah. I figured it was something like that, but I barely remember that season, which I think is one of  the last ones I watched until now. I usually call that sort of thing the Vincent treatment, after the second season when Clay Aiken picked Vincent out of a bowl that was theorized to contain only slips of paper saying, "Vincent."

I remember that event quite well. I also remember being talked about Nigel giving Clay an extra line prior to his performance and Clay having to rely on a teleprompter to sing that line since it had not been practiced. Immediately following after the performance Paula stating that Clay had forgotten the words to the song. All Clay could do was just stand there and accept whatever critiques he received. One thing I will say for Clay, polarizing or not, he knew how to play the game. Even though I wasn't a Claymate, I haven't trusted TPTB since then nor do I now. 

• Love 1