Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E11. Singled Out

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ladle1 said:

Did anyone else watch this on Peacock? Because I have a confession to make, you guys….. 

…I have no memory of Tamra peeing onto a deck. 

I remember the Jenga game. I remember someone pulling out the block “Pee in the yard.” I remember the women laughing about it. And then…nothing. 

Did I enter a fugue state? Did they cut it out of the Peacock version? 

I’m not going to go back and check, for obvious reasons. 

I watched it on Peacock and unfortunately that scene was in there. I can still see that stupid look she had on her face as she did it. Maybe your brain was just doing you a favor and blocking it out for protection. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
On 9/19/2024 at 6:53 PM, QQQQ said:

My issue with Emily is that when she speaks negatively about someone thinking she was a size 12 (gasp), it's disrespectful and condescending to women who are a size 12+. And the message that a woman's self-esteem is tied to or based in part on her clothing size is also a damaging message to send to her children.

Edited to add my clothing ranges from sizes 18 to 24.

Preach, darlin’, Preach!!!

• Like 2
14 hours ago, ladle1 said:

Sonja from NY didn’t have her daughter on the show or really discuss her, except in passing, when she was a minor. But I wonder how much of that was her ex’s doing and not hers. 

Simon is terrible but I am SO glad he stopped consenting to have his kids on the show after their divorce. I can only imagine how Tamra would have used those kids. 

Sonja Morgan's husband didn't allow the daughter to be on the show.

• Like 4
On 9/22/2024 at 5:53 PM, Cosmocrush said:

I missed it too plus Katie showing her butt to Tamra.  But sadly I did go back and see it.  😬. If you are doing anything else at the same time you can easily miss it.  Btw, it doesn’t show Tamra actually peeing… just the puddle.

ETA: I didn’t watch on Peacock, but dvr.

They were all drunk. Alexis' hair looked awful with that partial topknot thing on top or whatever it was. It reminded me of a Shih Tzu. Emily was histrionic due to being intoxicated. Alexis also overreacted. Heather was in indignant, finger-pointing mode while holding her drink the whole time. It was a circus. 

On 9/20/2024 at 2:21 PM, Natalie68 said:

I am disappointed in Katie for showing her butthole.  And fucking Tamra???  Peeing on the pool deck? WTF? Can they just cut her out of the rest of the show? Disgust isn't even covering it anymore. 

They were the female equivalent of frat boys at a drunken party. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
On 9/20/2024 at 3:52 PM, RealHousewife said:

Alexis was beyond frustrating. Did she really not get that the implication was that she's built like a Barbie, so most women wouldn't want to be in the same dress as her? 

Her brain was pickled from all the alcohol. She couldn't think clearly. 

These women are all on a show where there is a lot of attention about their appearance, and they live in a city that focuses on it too. Anyone who is much heavier than the others is bound to feel a little insecure, so I can understand Emily's angst. I think she looked great in the dress, but she is looking at the others and feeling inferior because she's not as thin. It's a shame. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, nichelle said:

I watched it on Peacock and unfortunately that scene was in there. I can still see that stupid look she had on her face as she did it. Maybe your brain was just doing you a favor and blocking it out for protection. 

THANK YOU, BRAIN. 

• LOL 12

Personally, I think Emily looks great right now. Even though it's very hard to swallow, some people are ectomorphs, other are endomorphs, etc., -- different body types -- and she's never going to be rail thin. I understand that completely. Her body looks toned, curvy, and balanced, unlike the "norm" of being stick-thin with giant bolt-ons that appear to throw a woman's body off-balance.

Heather looked like a preachy old-time school marm with that ugly drab green dress that swallowed her up, paired with the updo, severe dark hair and heavy eye makeup. Very aging and unflattering. 

What an embarrassing piss show. I chalk Emily's behavior up to insecurity, alcohol, testosterone, and Ozempic (Maybe? Does she still take it? Ayan on Dubai said O makes you cry. 😉)

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Like 4

This may seem odd, but since this episode about Emily’s weight and Heather’s response, I’ve been reminded of the old series “America’s Next Top Model,” which Pluto TV shows only about three seasons of on endless loop. There is one season where they have a “plus-size” model, and Tyra Banks pats herself on the back for being “inclusive.”

Trouble is, both subliminally and otherwise, this woman would always be reminded of her weight, the most humiliating being a “go-see” where none of the designer’s clothes fit her. She would also negatively compare herself to other contestants. Eventually she gaslit herself out of the competition (she made it to the top five, IIRC) because of the insecurity. A physically bigger person is always going to be more self-conscious around thinner peers (been there, done that, still do at times), which made both Heather and Alexis kind of annoying to me. Alexis had no call to pipe up.

Emily looked good in that outfit — professional, which suits her career, and should be what is showcased in a runway show. Our conception of what is a “normal” weight, or a weight we should all exercise/work/starve/Ozempic ourselves to get to can be mighty skewed. I do applaud Heather for including her, but did she have any choice? If it wasn’t part of the show, would Emily even have been considered to walk? I don’t know. Maybe I’m totally off-base with this. 

HW may be mindless entertainment, but this episode should make people think about and take into consideration the perspectives of others.

Emily looks great. Period. 

8 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Her brain was pickled from all the alcohol. She couldn't think clearly. 

These women are all on a show where there is a lot of attention about their appearance, and they live in a city that focuses on it too. Anyone who is much heavier than the others is bound to feel a little insecure, so I can understand Emily's angst. I think she looked great in the dress, but she is looking at the others and feeling inferior because she's not as thin. It's a shame. 

No, she’s just an idiot.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, nichelle said:

Maybe I’m getting my shows mixed up, maybe thinking of BH, but was that at the backyard party where they had the waterslide and some of these rubes went topless on it? While the normal guests looked on offended? That would be something Tamra would do. 

These stupid drinking games…not even the worst Animal House in the world would play them. That Bravo payday must be mighty fine for these women to gladly degrade themselves…

On 9/22/2024 at 2:27 PM, ladle1 said:

Did anyone else watch this on Peacock? Because I have a confession to make, you guys….. 

…I have no memory of Tamra peeing onto a deck. 

I remember the Jenga game. I remember someone pulling out the block “Pee in the yard.” I remember the women laughing about it. And then…nothing. 

Did I enter a fugue state? Did they cut it out of the Peacock version? 

I’m not going to go back and check, for obvious reasons. 

They showed Tamra squatting,  and Gina moving her dress out of the way of the puddle Tamra left on the concrete. Ugh.

• Mind Blown 2
4 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

That Bravo payday must be mighty fine for these women to gladly degrade themselves…

I'm thinking Tamra, at least, would behave just the same only without an audience.  She's too gross to be acting. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Maybe I’m getting my shows mixed up, maybe thinking of BH, but was that at the backyard party where they had the waterslide and some of these rubes went topless on it? While the normal guests looked on offended? That would be something Tamra would do. 

These stupid drinking games…not even the worst Animal House in the world would play them. That Bravo payday must be mighty fine for these women to gladly degrade themselves…

It was this franchise, I remember because Fancy Pants wore a diving suit, or whatever those are called. Fancy diving suit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2

There are two things going on here, and I see Emily's side on one, and on the fence with the other. First, it was 100% wrong of Heather to ask Emily to wear jeans for the last runway when all the other ladies had on the designer's bottoms and they all were black. It made her stand out, it did give, "she's the big girl" feels, and I think any of those ladies would have felt a certain way if they were singled out and asked to wear their own jeans and no one else was. Maybe it was because they didn't have pants that were in a size that would work with Emily's measurements-- she's got and ass and hips (and the bottoms all did look very slim fitting). Who knows. In that case, Heather should have worked with Emily to tailor them, IMO. And she is smart enough to know that. So yeah, it was not an oversight-- she took the opportunity to put in a bit of a dig.

The dress thing though-- Heather was truly shocked at that complaint. And to me, it made sense that Heather had them both in the same dress since they have similar figure types or body shapes and the dress was for curvier ladies. I'm sure it was a shock to Emily when she saw the dresses side by side, how much bigger hers was, and felt like it was a joke on her, because she is NOT a size 12- is a little nutty. HOWEVER, it was VERY cold and unnecessary for Heather to stress that the dress not only fit but was tight. Heather could have just said that the dress was sized based on the numbers Emily provided. But she didn't. However, that jab was not part of the party, THANK GOD, or Emily would have blown something up. She was PISSED.

I remember a long time ago; my friend lost a ton of weight for her wedding. The girls at the dress shop told her she could never fit into the dress she wanted, and she was bound and determined to prove them wrong, and she did. She felt like the thinnest most beautiful person ever on her wedding day in her perfectly fitting dress that no one thought she would ever be able to fit into. This is her reality, not the real reality though. So I’m over with my husband at the time, and she’s feeling a little insecure because she gained all her weight back, and I’m this skinny rail thin person, and I think she wanted to show everyone that she was once really skinny too. So she dragged out this heavy elaborate wedding dress and made me put it on in front of all our friends (clearly, we were a really close friend group). It was huge on me. I didn’t even need to unzip it, I just stepped in through the top and pulled it up. Friend was DEVASTATED. Her husband is trying to console her, and she is like beyond upset. In her mind, she was the thinnest most slender creature on her wedding day, and to see how big the dress was on someone thin, really shattered her reality, made her think about what her size was on that day in a different perspective, and also, messed with how she felt about her current body weight.

To this day she insists I am anorexic and that is the ONLY reason the dress was big. I let her, as I know it’s just a psychological strategy she is doing to self soothe.

I think something similar happened when Emily saw the difference between her and Alexis dress sizes. It made her so uncomfortably aroused she needed to find something to blame it on because looking at the reality of it was too emotionally challenging and traumatizing.

Heather, given it was her party and she orchestrated both situation Emily was in, could have done a lot more to not be a prick. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

There are two things going on here, and I see Emily's side on one, and on the fence with the other. First, it was 100% wrong of Heather to ask Emily to wear jeans for the last runway when all the other ladies had on the designer's bottoms and they all were black. It made her stand out, it did give, "she's the big girl" feels, and I think any of those ladies would have felt a certain way if they were singled out and asked to wear their own jeans and no one else was. Maybe it was because they didn't have pants that were in a size that would work with Emily's measurements-- she's got and ass and hips (and the bottoms all did look very slim fitting). Who knows. In that case, Heather should have worked with Emily to tailor them, IMO. And she is smart enough to know that. So yeah, it was not an oversight-- she took the opportunity to put in a bit of a dig.

The dress thing though-- Heather was truly shocked at that complaint. And to me, it made sense that Heather had them both in the same dress since they have similar figure types or body shapes and the dress was for curvier ladies. I'm sure it was a shock to Emily when she saw the dresses side by side, how much bigger hers was, and felt like it was a joke on her, because she is NOT a size 12- is a little nutty. HOWEVER, it was VERY cold and unnecessary for Heather to stress that the dress not only fit but was tight. Heather could have just said that the dress was sized based on the numbers Emily provided. But she didn't. However, that jab was not part of the party, THANK GOD, or Emily would have blown something up. She was PISSED.

I remember a long time ago; my friend lost a ton of weight for her wedding. The girls at the dress shop told her she could never fit into the dress she wanted, and she was bound and determined to prove them wrong, and she did. She felt like the thinnest most beautiful person ever on her wedding day in her perfectly fitting dress that no one thought she would ever be able to fit into. This is her reality, not the real reality though. So I’m over with my husband at the time, and she’s feeling a little insecure because she gained all her weight back, and I’m this skinny rail thin person, and I think she wanted to show everyone that she was once really skinny too. So she dragged out this heavy elaborate wedding dress and made me put it on in front of all our friends (clearly, we were a really close friend group). It was huge on me. I didn’t even need to unzip it, I just stepped in through the top and pulled it up. Friend was DEVASTATED. Her husband is trying to console her, and she is like beyond upset. In her mind, she was the thinnest most slender creature on her wedding day, and to see how big the dress was on someone thin, really shattered her reality, made her think about what her size was on that day in a different perspective, and also, messed with how she felt about her current body weight.

To this day she insists I am anorexic and that is the ONLY reason the dress was big. I let her, as I know it’s just a psychological strategy she is doing to self soothe.

I think something similar happened when Emily saw the difference between her and Alexis dress sizes. It made her so uncomfortably aroused she needed to find something to blame it on because looking at the reality of it was too emotionally challenging and traumatizing.

Heather, given it was her party and she orchestrated both situation Emily was in, could have done a lot more to not be a prick. 

Heather handled that confrontation as she usually does. Gets offended that someone dares to question her, tries to turn everything back on the said questioner, and then walks away. Did she also accuse Emily of being unhinged? She does that too, but I don’t remember if that happened here.

The whole thing should have been discussed privately and without alcohol. Alexis trying to make it about her also didn’t help.

• Like 7
(edited)
On 9/21/2024 at 4:03 AM, bravofan27 said:

Sorry to not credit the poster that said this, but whoever said that Heather looks severe was right on. Everything about her is so perfected and intentional she seems like a character in a kids book or movie. Wicked comes to mind.

I can't recall ever seeing Heather on camera having a 1:1 with any of her kids. They are usually in a larger group and Terry is there. I wonder if Heather if just hangs out Terry and gets updates from nannies.  

I believe she and the twins made a college trip to Syracuse (with Gina, WTF), but even then the visit was also about her doing some kind of sorority gig because she’s an alum, so it wasn’t exactly quality time.

Heather was always more interested in the “one big happy family” trope — jawing around the dinner table with the kids and Terry, watching her kids make a mess in the kitchen, doing school projects…

Kinda phony, IMO.

EDIT — Just occurred to me that the purpose of the trip was the sorority gig. The kids tagged along to see the school and Gina to stroke Heather’s ego. (There was some beef going on at the time and Heather and Gina were joining forces.) So really, you’re right. The kids have been more or less props.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I believe she and the twins made a college trip to Syracuse (with Gina, WTF), but even then the visit was also about her doing some kind of sorority gig because she’s an alum, so it wasn’t exactly quality time.

Heather was always more interested in the “one big happy family” trope — jawing around the dinner table with the kids and Terry, watching her kids make a mess in the kitchen, doing school projects…

Kinda phony, IMO.

EDIT — Just occurred to me that the purpose of the trip was the sorority gig. The kids tagged along to see the school and Gina to stroke Heather’s ego. (There was some beef going on at the time and Heather and Gina were joining forces.) So really, you’re right. The kids have been more or less props.

1000%. Excellent observation. Heather has always, in the very few alone time she has had with her kids (I"m thinking 2 instances with Nick when he was little), she was dismissive and annoyed he was there. This season is all about her kids, although they are nowhere around or included in any of the events. She's the yin to Tamra's yang. They both use their kids as storylines, the kids are noticeably absent, but in Heather's case she is the saint and in Tamra's she's the Jesus. Unfairly persecuted. 

Edited by bravofan27