Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: That Damn Arm Is Back

• Start Topic

Y'know, once you've unlocked someone's phone with the severed arm you just grave-robbed, you can actually register your own fingerprint to unlock it in the future, you don't have to rip off a finger to keep in your  pocket.  Just a thought.

Yancy to Rosa's dad:  You set me up there.  I kinda respect that.  LOL

• Like 2

Detective Mendez makes a pass at Rosa in a disturbing way and the Dragon Queen suddenly finds Egg attractive? Weird episode.

Why do we keep seeing Bonnie every single week? And now we’re seeing her victim too? I don’t really care about them.

I keep waiting for Yancy and Neville to work together — taking down Nick, Eve and Egg. Come on show, bring it on!

• Like 2
On 9/4/2024 at 11:50 AM, SoMuchTV said:

Y'know, once you've unlocked someone's phone with the severed arm you just grave-robbed, you can actually register your own fingerprint to unlock it in the future, you don't have to rip off a finger to keep in your  pocket.  Just a thought.

Actually no, if you want to add another Touch ID or Face ID for that matter, you have to input the actual passcode before you can make changes to the bio authentication methods.

The passcode could have words too.

But I would think that a rotting finger wouldn't work.  Touch ID doesn't work if your finger is wet or has some kind of residue on it.

In any event, Nick now knows Yancy is still alive so Yancy doesn't need that phone.

I don't know, Rosa kind of got sweet on Yancy suddenly.  Sure they were working together, spending a lot of time but Yancy didn't make a move and she couldn't wait to jump him so they do it in her workplace?

It's like a plot out of Californication where women are just throwing themselves at the male lead, who's not even trying.

I'm still waiting to see the significance of the Dragon Queen, other than the people who would do harm to Neville are still very much in play to harm him.

For that matter, the monkey hasn't had much of a role so the name of the show is misleading, if kind of colorful.

• Useful 2
46 minutes ago, aghst said:

Actually no, if you want to add another Touch ID or Face ID for that matter, you have to input the actual passcode before you can make changes to the bio authentication methods.

Good to know!  I think I have the only remaining model of phone that still uses touch ID, but the sensor cracked a couple of years ago so I've been inputting my passcode ever since.  I just assumed that anything the code could do, the touch ID could, and vice versa.

Why do we keep having to see Bonnie every episode? I really don’t care about her.

Yancy’s one liners are hilarious. I do miss that he’s not interacting with his partner. Their relationship is fun to watch.

I can’t wait until Eve dies. She’s awful. 

• Like 1

I am loving this show just for Vince Vaughn playing his best version of himself. The snarky sarcastic rapid-fire dialogue is so hilarious! Love him messing with the neighbor and his hideous house. As a summer girl I am loving the tropical locales and quirky characters. We finally caught up and didn't realize that all episodes weren't available - bummer! 

• Like 4
On 9/5/2024 at 2:59 PM, aghst said:

But I would think that a rotting finger wouldn't work.  Touch ID doesn't work if your finger is wet or has some kind of residue on it.

In any event, Nick now knows Yancy is still alive so Yancy doesn't need that phone.

I don't know, Rosa kind of got sweet on Yancy suddenly.  Sure they were working together, spending a lot of time but Yancy didn't make a move and she couldn't wait to jump him so they do it in her workplace?

It's like a plot out of Californication where women are just throwing themselves at the male lead, who's not even trying.

I'm still waiting to see the significance of the Dragon Queen, other than the people who would do harm to Neville are still very much in play to harm him.

For that matter, the monkey hasn't had much of a role so the name of the show is misleading, if kind of colorful.

I think the phone is still useful because it can prove Nick was alive all along and possibly has conversations that show his guilt.

Totally different from me but I didn't think Campesino needs a man to express interest in her to feel that she is interested in him. The fact that Yancy was always being himself and never tried to pursue her romantically or sexually is something she values. 

On 9/4/2024 at 2:52 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Detective Mendez makes a pass at Rosa in a disturbing way and the Dragon Queen suddenly finds Egg attractive? Weird episode.

Why do we keep seeing Bonnie every single week? And now we’re seeing her victim too? I don’t really care about them.

I keep waiting for Yancy and Neville to work together — taking down Nick, Eve and Egg. Come on show, bring it on!

I felt that way about Neville at first but now I see how he's involved. So I'm hoping we'll see how Bonnie is connected, too. 

On 9/4/2024 at 2:50 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Can you? I would think it'd be tougher to change an authentication method. 

Love the way Rosa's dad handled that and Yancy acknowledged it!

On 9/5/2024 at 10:00 PM, twoods said:

Why do we keep having to see Bonnie every episode? I really don’t care about her.

Yancy’s one liners are hilarious. I do miss that he’s not interacting with his partner. Their relationship is fun to watch.

I can’t wait until Eve dies. She’s awful. 

I'm here for Vince Vaugh! His one-liners are perfect for this. 

Agree that Eve is awful and Bonnie doesn't seem to fit in. But I have a feeling the show will give us a twist to show why she's relevant.

7 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

On 9/4/2024 at 2:50 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Can you? I would think it'd be tougher to change an authentication method. 

Haha, no.  Shortly after I posted that I was corrected by a poster with more recent experience with touch ID.  It had been so long since I set mine up, I didn't remember having to actually put in my passcode when I set up additional touches.