Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Symphony of Solitude

• Start Topic

As the river finally begins to freeze, the remaining survivalists struggle with the loss of daylight. One participant’s snare line gets stalked by a vicious predator, while another devises a plan to defeat a longstanding enemy.

Air date: August 22, 2024

(edited)

William is peaking at the right time. His pole grouse snatching impresses every time. Sassy is a formidable adversary.

However, it is still Timber's game to lose. The moose hide saved his hide.

Dub's eating/gagging down his last morsels of iffy food while questioning his staying is tv gold.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

They haven’t been putting up X people left.    I feel like I lost track.  Is the woman (maybe Tamika) still there?

edited: Tamika is on the Aussie version.  Isn’t there still one female left on the article circle version though?

Edited by IdEatThat

Timber is the quintessential "make lemonade out of lemons" guy.  But I thought for sure there he was going to make the call.  

I get nervous when these competitors go ice-fishing. I don't trust the ice!

• Like 5
(edited)

They haven’t been putting up X people left.    I feel like I lost track.  Is the woman (maybe Tamika) still there?

Sarah left last episode.  She was having a lot of kidney pain, so she tapped, rather than risk permanent damage.  It's just William, Dub and Timber left.

Edited by muffkins
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Pine said:

I seemed to have only been able to watch part of the show,  how long was this episode?

The usual 90 minutes.

On 8/23/2024 at 11:40 AM, humbleopinion said:

William is peaking at the right time. His pole grouse snatching impresses every time. Sassy is a formidable adversary.

You are right about that grouse snatching, that's very impressive.  HIs literal "ice box" was a brilliant stroke as well.

Timber's antler bass was really impressive, and didn't sound half bad either.  That guy has skills.

Dub seems like the most likely to tap next, but you never know with this show.

• Like 5
(edited)

I'm trying to figure out how Timber's moose jerky got moldy.  Maybe he didn't dry some out sufficiently, but hasn't it been below freezing for some time?  Or is it just a case of "mold finds a way"?  Also, isn't it possible to rehydrate the jerky by putting it in boiling water?  Not saying it would taste good, but at least it wouldn't risk a cracked tooth.

We've got 3 worthy winners.  William remains adorable, and he's still who I'm rooting for.  Timber is second, although I've begun to question what kind of humanitarian work he does if some of it is considered illegal.*  Even Dub, who I consider rather strange (to put it mildly), won me over when he said the first thing he'd do with the money is pay off the mortgage on his Mom's house. 

* My only knowledge of this comes from Duggar-husband Derick Dillard, who spent a couple of years in Tibet.  I forget what he said he was doing there officially, but what he was really doing was proselytizing for his brand of Christianity, which is illegal in Tibet. While it appears that Timber does something actually useful, I wonder if this is his side-job abroad. 

Next week is the finale, which they're doing Survivor-style with two 90-minute episodes one after the other.

ETA: Who thought Alone: The Album would be a thing?

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I have to say, I really enjoyed this episode. The 3 left have amazing skills that are being put to the test as the weather gets colder. Timber really knows how to play a stringed instrument. He put marks up at perfect 5ths on the staff of his "moose guitar". The more time goes on the more I admire him. At first I thought his theatrics were a little goofy but now I am loving them.

Dub is also impressing me. He is stubborn alright. I identify with that. He is starting to show signs of getting close to tapping, though, and I feel bad about that. I was very glad he caught the fish and it changed his attitude - for now.

William is also amazing but I knew that being from Labrador he would know his way around ice fishing. I just loved seeing him make those little "igloos" around his fishing holes. I love his affectionate humor re: "Sassy" too. 

I agree, this kind of stuff is reality TV gold and what this show is (and should be) all about.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2024 at 1:58 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

I'm trying to figure out how Timber's moose jerky got moldy.  Maybe he didn't dry some out sufficiently, but hasn't it been below freezing for some time?  Or is it just a case of "mold finds a way"? 

He said it was on the thicker pieces, so maybe they were just too thick and held the moisture.  From what I gather, jerky has to be super thin in order to dry properly.

William's grouse snaring impresses the hell out of me.  So freaking patient!!  I'm rooting for him.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1