Type keyword(s) to search

76th Emmy Awards (Sept. 2024)

• Start Topic

On 9/15/2024 at 11:08 PM, Thumper said:

Yay, Hacks!  
Is this male writer also an actor in the show?  Playing her agent?

On 9/15/2024 at 11:10 PM, slowpoked said:

Yes! That’s Deborah’s amazing agent!!

He and his wife, Lucia Aniello, the other person who spoke l, are actually the showrunners.

He was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor, losing to "Richie" in The Bear (whose role at least does include comedy). The 3rd showrunner was up there, too, but didn't speak: Jen Statsky.

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 9/15/2024 at 11:29 PM, Thumper said:

Shallow:  I liked Allison Janney’s dress.  Don Johnson still looking good.  (Just saw him in a movie, Rebel Ridge, too.)

She's a lot younger than Don Johnson, but I thought that Janel Moloney from The West Wing hadn't changed much in 25 years.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Another reason that I think season three was on voters' minds as they voted for season two: Colón-Zayas' win for season two, even though she was much stronger in season three.

Agreed.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 1

Hopefully the 2-year aberration of The Bear being in the comedy category ends this year, and the show and its cast and crew get nominated for the drama category instead, where they fit better, and have the comedy category celebrate the true laugh-out-loud, or even the dark comedies, and its actors, get recognized instead.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

I'm peeved that I can't find Richie Cunningham Ron and Fonzi's Henry's reunion, in its small entirety without stupid bloggers, vloggers, cutting into them!

And apparently the telecast isn't available on demand! PHOEEY.

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And apparently the telecast isn't available on demand! PHOEEY.

I'm assuming that you mean for free, because the Emmy telecast is streaming on Hulu and Disney+, but you need a subscription.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I'm assuming that you mean for free, because the Emmy telecast is streaming on Hulu and Disney+, but you need a subscription.

Ooh! I do have a subscription but all I could find on Hulu was the Red Carpet and the special with Robin Roberts. I’ll try again. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ooh! I do have a subscription but all I could find on Hulu was the Red Carpet and the special with Robin Roberts. I’ll try again. 

I saw the whole telecast on Hulu on repeat. I think it ‘s available for one week.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Caught it on Disney+ and fast forwarded to the bits I wanted to see. I loved the one with Kathy Bates, Giancarlo Esposito and Antony Star ( the last who I have never heard of before) about how playing a villain affected their lives. Especially Kathy's line about how Misery ruined her dating life!

Loved, loved, Love Opie, Richie, Ronny Ron and Henry. Though I wonder if Marion Ross wasn't up to it? Or even Anson or Donny? Would have liked to have seen more of the cast who is still among us. EXCEPT for Chachi. He can stay under his rock.

Same with The West Wing cast-GUS*! Charlie! But no Sam (Rob Lowe) or Bradley Whitford (Josh)?

*Character Dulé played on Psych.

• Like 1