Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Comeuppance

• Start Topic

intense episode.  I hope we aren't left hanging after that finale.  I was trying to remember if we ever learned why Mike went to jail.  I think that was the most mentions of Mariam in the entire series.

• Like 1

That felt like a series finale.  Closure on Robert, Milo, Konstantin, Iris, and Kareem.  And Mike ends up back at the cabin, which we haven't seen since Season 1. 

Looks like Evelyn is going to pursue both Ian and Kyle, but Mike's voiceover mentioned prison and what it does to you, etc., while we looked at Kyle sitting in the back of a squad car.  No one here is completely clean, but Ian and Kyle both arguably did the right thing for the wrong reasons, or the wrong thing for the right reasons, or something, so part of their tragedy will be going to prison even if they're both "good guys" in the bigger picture.

The Russian invasion was thwarted, and Kingstown can go back to just being run by Mike and Bunny, on their respective sides of the law, with that huge grey area in between.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Orbert said:

That felt like a series finale.  Closure on Robert, Milo, Konstantin, Iris, and Kareem.  And Mike ends up back at the cabin, which we haven't seen since Season 1. 

But is there closure on Robert - he was shot in the chest but the vest caught it, then he was shot in the neck but didn't Evelyn say he'd survive? Kyle is charged with attempted murder. Kyle, how tf do you miss from there?! If Evelyn wants Robert so badly, she's going to want to listen to what Kyle has to say...if he says why he did what he did, and the witnesses corroborate. I mean, the people in the car, not the SWAT guys - I assume the SWAT guys would back Robert.

Evelyn cornering Ian was such a stretch, does it even make sense that she'd be looking into Charlie's tours? Ian received a commendation for helping bring closure to families of Charlie's victims. It seemed out of left field to dig that up.

So Bunny is in control now, but the AB is not completely out of the picture. Speaking of the AB, I was sad that Kareem went out the way he did but mostly because I really appreciate Michael Beach as an actor. It made sense in the context of the show though.

Iris, good riddance. Sorry Emma but that storyline was well past due. I am SO GLAD they didn't have Mike and Iris hook up at any point. Thank goodness for small miracles.

If there is a S4, I'm interested in how they will fill the holes of these characters that have left. I'm worried for Ian, and I'm worried for Kyle. I did like how the voiceover was Mike speaking to the mother whose actions weren't far off from Kyle's. I'm also worried for Evelyn as she goes after Ian and Kyle. I really like her character and her relationship with Mike.

If there is a S4, I'll watch.

• Like 2

I know Ian felt the need to unburden himself about the whole Charlie situation but if two people know a secret, it is safe so long as one of those people is dead which is the reason you shot Charlie in the first place! Now the circle has become exponentially larger and 2/3rds of the newcomers are cops!

32 minutes ago, mledawn said:

Evelyn cornering Ian was such a stretch, does it even make sense that she'd be looking into Charlie's tours?

Based on last episode, I think it is possible Charlie may have tipped Evelyn off himself.

I'm glad Milo is gone. I was just starting to like Konstantin but I won't miss him all that much. I guess Kingstown must be where the Russians send all their screwups.

I don't think we got any kind of resolution on Callahan. I wonder if Kareem's suicide-by-inmates was meant to disrupt the AB faction in the prison. I assume if they killed the warden they'd get sent elsewhere.

Looks like Kyle is really in for it. Yes Robert is a little too casual with tossing lead around. Yes he will murder any suspect who resists. But in this episode, in the middle of a big gunfight, Robert called out a warning to the guy in the car several times. I feel like any of the other cops, including Kyle before he became a dad, would have shot this dude after telling him for the third time to put the fucking gun down. It was a literal battle on a packed bridge, not the best time for Kyle to be trying to micromanage his boss.

If we get a season four we should be in for some interesting times. Robert wants to kill Evelyn while she wants to bring Robert down and is willing to take Ian down in the process. Mike has his personal relationship with Evelyn but also wants to protect his crew. Bunny might be riding high after the bridge battle but might also be weak on account of losing a bunch of soldiers. Callahan is still out there somewhere and is probably super pissed off. Kareem is dead so there will be a power vacuum at the prison. The Russians are down and out for now but since Iris is gone, a Russian can come in who won't find himself bogged down by her. And we can assume that Kyle is now a cop in jail, which is not going to be a fun place for him. What a glorious mess this is going to be!

• Like 3

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more threads are still left hanging out there.  I forgot that Robert was still alive; for some reason I thought Kyle had taken him out, and even after that line about his vest catching it, I guess the idea that Robert was finally gone stuck in my head.  I've seen elsewhere that supposedly a Season 4 is going to happen.  So we'll see.

• Like 1

Well, I guess those bus passengers are going to have a bit more than a 15 minute break.

I thought the police killed Bunny at the end of the battle.  Didn't he come out with his hands up, and someone shot him in his chest?  I also thought Mike was going to eat a bullet up there at the cabin and put an end to the series.

Kareem chose the only real path open to him.  At least this way his widow gets a settlement from the state because of a line of duty death.

When Konstantine and Iris first enter Milo's boat, the two security guys frisk them and then leave by the stairs.  Shortly afterward, two shots and a body hits the deck.  Who killed who, and why?

Hell of an episode.

I don't think that that was Bunny who got shot with his hands up.  Bunny knew that the whole episode on the bridge was "fake" and would know to stay well away from it all.

That was Konstantin's boat.  Konstantin and Iris were coming back there from something, and Milo was already aboard, with his own guys.  It was a show of strength, announcing who was in charge.  I too was confused by the two shots and a thump, though.  Presumably one of them shot the other, but the only way that makes sense is that one of them was loyal to Milo and the other was not, and Milo knew it.  It was weird.

I don't think so.  She made Ian promise to never tell Mike, and as far as we've seen, he kept that promise.

It's either going to be one of those things that seemed important but never comes up again, or if/when we get a Season 4 and Mike is all sad about Iris, Ian shares the information with him to somehow make him feel better.  It could work, if Ian figures that he can share it, now that she's dead, but I have no idea what it could be and how it could have that effect on Mike.

I wasn't sure whether Iris killed herself knowingly - taking an overdose or some toxic pills, or if someone tampered with her pills and she was killed "remotely". 

It seems very odd to decide to kill yourself on a bus. Of course, it is extremely disrespectful of everyone else - the other passengers (think of anyone who might have been sitting near her), the bus driver, the future passengers for the next leg of the trip, the bus company, etc. but if you're already involved in activities that at minimum are "disrespectful" anyway, perhaps inconveniencing other people doesn't factor into your decision.