Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

1478x832.webp

Pip faces the repercussions of solving the case but senses something is amiss. She puts herself in danger again to uncover the whole truth.

The police make an arrest — but Pip isn't convinced the case is quite closed yet, so she goes to visit the one person who might have the answers.

Premiere Date: August 1, 2024    Netflix    
AAAABcGEvdefLFW7rgdXUIZxY8H6CgDoedJYMKuX

So, the girl in the loft is Isla and Elliot has taken her home after confusing her for Andie. He confesses to her about murdering Sal and blackmailing Max/Jake/Naomi to un-alibi Sal.

Elliot talking freely to Pip while in custody and without his lawyer’s presence just doesn’t make sense.

Damn you, Becca!!! You killed Barney! 😡

Another reckless actions by Pip - confronting Becca at her home, alone then following her to a cave in the woods where she dumped Andie’s body in a well. 

If there’s a season 2 for AGGGTM, I hope it will not be all about making sure Max will pay for what he did to Becca.

OVERALL — Am not a fan of YA genre but I find this series bingeworthy. The adult casting for this series is excellent - Pip’s parents and her English teacher. The 2 leads (Pip and Ravi) are not really compelling. Pip can be so annoyingly self-righteous at times and continues to put herself in dangerous situations. At one point, I wonder if Pip is neurodivergent. Pip isn’t a brilliant young investigator, the other characters keep providing her intel via deus ex machina. Ravi’s character is underdeveloped. I guess they have to tone him down a bit for Pip to shine. Emma Myers’ British accent is wonky, you can tell she’s American. They should’ve chosen other young British actress to make Pip more convincing.

• Like 2
On 8/1/2024 at 11:19 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

😡

If there’s a season 2 for AGGGTM, I hope it will not be all about making sure Max will pay for what he did to Becca.

Since there is no book talk here, I think all I will say is....  I think if we learned anything about Pip so far, we've learned she's not the type to let something go.  

As a fan of the book, I enjoyed this quite a bit. The UK setting took a minute to adjust to but I still feel like this got the book right. I liked the whole cast, I think that Pippa and Ravi seemed just like I pictured, and even though I knew what would end up happening I was still sucked in.

I forgot how many people are blackmailing each other! Like every person in this town is blackmailing someone, being blackmailed, or both.

• Like 2

This was a beautifully filmed series, but Pippa drove me crazy. I guess she was supposed to be seen as empowered, brave, and compelling, but to me, she came across as arrogant, reckless, and uncaring. The scene where Naomi comes to school after her father (Elliott) has been revealed to be a murderer, seems too easy.  I doubt that she would be able to forgive Pippa so easily. 

And the dog died.  Boo.  Kind of expected it from the first episode where the dog is introduced. Also, I think it's a British thing to harm the dog/pet. Another British show I watched recently killed a character's dog, while he was in hiding and could hear it. Maybe Americans are too soft about their pets, but that scene bothers me still, and in both cases, there was no real need for it. 

I've not read the book, and I would probably watch another series, if only for the cinematography.  8/10

• Like 1
On 8/1/2024 at 11:19 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

The 2 leads (Pip and Ravi) are not really compelling. Pip can be so annoyingly self-righteous at times and continues to put herself in dangerous situations.

Although I agree about the self-righteousness and foolhardiness in putting herself in dangerous situations, I did find both Pip and Ravi appealing personalities. So if there is another season, are they both going to stay home rather than going to college and become detectives? The town sure seems to have enough crime to keep them busy, and apparently the police are incompetent at solving crime.