Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Fear of the Future

• Start Topic

(edited)

The show only has a few episodes left so it’s removing Andy from the equation a lot faster than they probably had planned.    Andy’s storyline could have lasted an entire season but with only a few episodes left he is just being removed completely because I think the show is going with the OT3 pairing of Ben/Kristen/David.    

As for Timothy if anyone is an innocent in all this it is him.   Regardless of how he came about he is here now and Kristen made a choice.  Her biggest issue was Leland and she very much didn’t want to raise a baby WITH Leland but if he is out of the picture then I don’t think she had any issues with the baby itself.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

The show only has a few episodes left so it’s removing Andy from the equation a lot faster than they probably had planned.    Andy’s storyline could have lasted an entire season but with only a few episodes left he is just being removed completely because I think the show is going with the OT3 pairing of Ben/Kristen/David.    

As for Timothy is anyone is an innocent in all this it his him.   Regardless of how he came about he is here now and Kristen made a choice.  Her biggest issue was Leland and she very much didn’t want to raise a baby WITH Leland but of he is out of the picture then I don’t think she had any issues with the baby itself.

Ellie kept on bringing up Lexis. 

• Useful 1
On 8/2/2024 at 10:03 PM, Anela said:

I wasn’t sure when they decided they didn’t believe anymore.  I didn’t finish my re-watch that I started in May.  

Ah, good point. I thought Kristen never believed, but maybe she did. I need a rewatch too. 

• Like 2
On 8/2/2024 at 7:10 AM, Wyndsong said:

Why do shows insist on putting its male and female lead together? It is just fan service? Newsflash: Men and women can be just friends in real life. It happens all the time.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for Kristen in this situation. She's cheated on Andy before and she's in love with another man right now. Plus, it looks like Andy might not fully be in control of his actions. Boy did they do Andy dirty in this episode. But then I've never understood why Kristen was married in the first place. They do whatever they can to keep Andy out of the picture. 

And then there's David. I'm sure temptation is part of being a priest. He seems so devoted to his faith. Can we please just let him stay that way? In case you can't tell, I hate, hate, hate the idea of David deserting the church for Kristen. 

On 8/2/2024 at 11:38 PM, snoopypez said:

THIS. I know they had to wrap things up quickly after being canceled but dear lord, that whole storyline was icksome as hell to me. And I'm not religious at all but I think it would be gross to end with David leaving the priesthood. They really should've just. Not ever started it with them, but alas, I am in the minority there.

Honestly, after what they just did to Andy, I kind of wish they HAD just killed him instead. At least then the characters that were supposed to love him would still do so. This way just feels mean.

On 8/4/2024 at 12:23 PM, Cotypubby said:

The writing for this episode was so bad. I don’t believe at all that Andy is actually cheating of his own mind. It’s such a wildly out of character behavior. It pissed me off so much that Kristen didn’t even watch the whole video on the flash drive to get all the information. Andy has been victimized so much on this show and that was her reaction to finding out what was going on? Closing and tossing away the laptop and not watching it as if she didn’t believe it/didn’t care? If that’s really how they end that storyline that is some garbage.

Please do not let Kristen and David end up together. The male and female leads of a show do not have to always become a couple, that is idiotic fanservice that I do not want to see. The whole scene in her office I was pleading “Do not kiss! Stop it, walk away!”

21 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I mean do we really think Kristen and David should be together? They are the most unlikely couple ever. There's no chemistry at all between the actors. Who is shipping this?

The actress is attractive enough but nothing is interesting or deep about the character that would drive a man to leave the church for her. 

Just had to agree with all of this. Mean is exactly how the whole Andy story felt, like somebody writing a fanfic where they hate Andy because they ship Kristen and David so have him conveniently cheat and announce he's met someone. Yes, it seems very suspicious like he's being mind-controlled but at this point it's unclear how much his family would care. 

I see no chemistry there and it seems like they'd make a miserable couple. Yet everybody keeps insisting they're made for each other. 

I preferred the scenes with her and Ben as well. 

Why didn't they just make her a widow because it seems like they created this husband and have resented his presence ever since! They could already have their alleged forbidden love with David since he's a priest.

With the appearance of John Carroll Lynch the tally of actors from The Americans to show up on Evil up to 9! 

• Like 8
On 8/7/2024 at 11:30 PM, sistermagpie said:

With the appearance of John Carroll Lynch the tally of actors from The Americans to show up on Evil up to 9! 

Who are the others? The Americans is one of my favorite shows of all time. I'm so disappointed in myself. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, topanga said:

Who are the others? The Americans is one of my favorite shows of all time. I'm so disappointed in myself. 

It became like a game to me once I'd seen a couple. I started looking in the opening credits, but at least once I didn't recognize the name, then realized wait, I know that person! 

Listing by the Americans character names

Evie Snedjer, Nina's cellmate from prison (that's Kristin so she's in every ep)

William Crandall, the snarky scientist illegal (Dylan Baker)

Fred, the source they work with in S2 (John Carroll Lynch)

Brad Mullins, the sailor from S2

Lisa, the alcholic Northrup employee with the terrible husband

Adderholt, best FBI agent!

Young-Hee, Elizabeth's only "friend"

Charles Deluth, Philip's reporter agent

and finally, Hans, the South African protegee

• Useful 2
On 8/7/2024 at 8:30 PM, sistermagpie said:

Mean is exactly how the whole Andy story felt, like somebody writing a fanfic where they hate Andy because they ship Kristen and David so have him conveniently cheat and announce he's met someone. Yes, it seems very suspicious like he's being mind-controlled but at this point it's unclear how much his family would care. 

Right?? Which reminds me how annoying I also found the line about David being their new dad. Like, Lexis was likely just being funny about it (while they're all supposed to be hurt and confused about their father, but okay) but also--DAVID? Ben the Magnificent has been around far more than David has! It just seemed like another little 'ha ha look at how evvvveryone can see how soulmatey they are!' thing, which is. Never actually used for things it would be true in, honestly.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2