Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Peacetime in the Valley

• Start Topic

The Miyagi-Do students struggle to put aside past rivalries while training for the Sekai Taikai. Johnny and Chozen clash over rebranding the dojo.

Premiere date: July 18, 2024

So I wonder how Stingray returns, Cobra Kai with a wanted convict undercover Cobra Kai? I would have left the Johnny Chozen fight at the beginning without the follow up turn on Danial as a bigger homage to Apollo Creed and Rocky III

I wouldn't know when my shows start if it wasn't for this place because it's typically a billion years between seasons. I'm glad they gave me a whole 2 minutes to recap. 

I'm riding the show to the end, but it's getting to be a little much with the adults bickering and snipping at each other at this point. I'll give Daniel some credit that he's trying to not do that, but he's also bossing Johnny around, and that's not going to work. At least Robbie is still being the adult. Seems like Shawn is too. At least just rolling on up calling out how ridiculous everything is. 

That said, pleasant twist at the end. Logo was sweet too. 

• Like 1

This whole episode felt like a show that's running out of ideas and running out of gas.  They should have ended it last season.  The whole idea of "making things right" with Kenny by repeatedly getting in his face and antagonizing him was ridiculous.  Leave him alone and let him work things out with his brother, which is what happened anyway.  Parents letting their grade school kids go into the woods alone with a strange bearded fat guy?  Kreese a wanted criminal yet can still run a dojo (and where did he get his students from, Snapchat?) and what then, go in disguise to enter them in the tournament?  Mr. Miyagi as a karate vampire was great, though.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Kreese a wanted criminal yet can still run a dojo (and where did he get his students from, Snapchat?) and what then, go in disguise to enter them in the tournament?  Mr. Miyagi as a karate vampire was great, though.

I guess because Silver is now in jail for the crimes Kreese was in for the prison break alone was not enough for South Korean extradition 

12 hours ago, Raja said:

I guess because Silver is now in jail for the crimes Kreese was in for the prison break alone was not enough for South Korean extradition 

I'm not sure where South Korea fits into this but Kreese broke out of prison so he's a wanted criminal in this country. Even Larusso commented on it.

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I'm not sure where South Korea fits into this but Kreese broke out of prison so he's a wanted criminal in this country. Even Larusso commented on it.

That's where his Special Forces background  comes into play, even if it was 50 years ago 

Although filmed in Georgia like the San Fernando Valley scenes Kreese escaped and  made his way to South Korea 

Edited by Raja

If you hate it, don't watch it. It actually is that easy. Also "Back to School" was on earlier, one of my favorite movies, and Zabka is so much hotter now.   

7 hours ago, Raja said:

That's where his Special Forces background  comes into play, even if it was 50 years ago 

Although filmed in Georgia like the San Fernando Valley scenes Kreese escaped and  made his way to South Korea 

Oh, I didn't catch that at the end.  I had no idea where Kreese was.

2 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Oh, I didn't catch that at the end.  I had no idea where Kreese was.

On a TV budget everywhere looks the same.

How did Kreese make it all the way to Korea as an escaped convict? He was able to just jump on a plane with no security hassles? I know this show doesn't abide by real world logic, but come on.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, cmfran said:

How did Kreese make it all the way to Korea as an escaped convict? He was able to just jump on a plane with no security hassles? I know this show doesn't abide by real world logic, but come on.

He was ex Special Forces and on TV the "operators" do the impossible in every episode.

1 hour ago, cmfran said:

How did Kreese make it all the way to Korea as an escaped convict? He was able to just jump on a plane with no security hassles?

Spirit Airlines express check-in

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

I'm glad that they gave us a recap, it feels like its been ages since the last season and so much happens. Keeping up with who is on who's team and who is enemies and/or dating who is exhausting. I am glad that they seem to have got the adults on the same page and aren't doing the same "Johnny gets insecure and Daniel gets defensive" plot again beyond this episode, but hopefully this is the very last time we even see it hinted at. 

Most awkward double date ever. 

• Like 1

Kreese's whole story is amusingly ridiculous. He faked his death (for a third time!) using jell-o for blood at the end of the last season, after all -- so I guess making it all the way to South Korea on the lam isn't any more implausible than that.

I liked seeing Lyle (i.e. the pawn shop guy) interact with both Johnny and Daniel. Also, obviously Johnny-Stingray wasn't really going to happen but I secretly sort of wanted it to.

Finally, I don't know if this will amuse anybody (yes, I'm the guilty party responsible for it) but it's relevant to the episode -- and very long, but there are captioned screenshots to break up all the text.