Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08 Season Four Finale

• Start Topic

On 8/4/2024 at 7:32 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is this going to be a situation like the MCU where they expect you to have seen all the movies and TV series in order to be current on what's canon? (Or what's no longer canon.) That's what killed the MCU for me because I couldn't keep up with it. Sure hope The Boys isn't making the same mistake.

That's why I quit reading The X-Men comic books.  In the '90s they became phenomenally popular and they gave the mutants a myriad of different books.  More characters, more teams, more comics.   It all became too much and too diluted, so I just dropped it all.

I do plan on watching Gen V though, or at least I'm going to give it a try.  So that doesn't really apply to me here.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 8/23/2024 at 4:26 PM, rmontro said:

In the '90s they became phenomenally popular and they gave the mutants a myriad of different books.  More characters, more teams, more comics. 

I think there were maybe 8 or 9 X-titles 

X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, Gen-X, Excalibur, Wolverine (2x/month) and Deadpool. 

I also collected New Warriors which was X-Men Adjacent. Plus I was buying the reprints from the 80s X-Men books...I miss comicbook Wednesday 😔

After awhile it did get to be too much

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 2

So i kindof thought the whole similarities of the politics of The Boys and real life a little too much.  There are other ways to make your point without hitting us over the head with a sledgehammer.

can't wait to see what form of power Ashley gets.  

I wasn't sure if Sage really knew about A-train or not.  i don't think she did, but she pretended she did and just bluffed to homelander.  there certainly did not seem to be any false info going to the boys, though they did not get all the info planned by sage.  

The big problem with the show is really what to do with Homelander.  Obviously its hard enough that a good 25% of supes are practically indestructible, but Homelander is virtually a god.  it does seem that there is just no way to neutralize him short of the virus that kills every single other supe and not every supe is bad (just 25% of them or so - or more realistically, 75% are amoral and don't give a crap either way, being bad is just easier, and 25% are decent people).  So how are they going to resolve this show in a palatable way that doesn't kill off the good people?  or do they have some other plan?  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

The big problem with the show is really what to do with Homelander.  Obviously its hard enough that a good 25% of supes are practically indestructible, but Homelander is virtually a god.  it does seem that there is just no way to neutralize him short of the virus that kills every single other supe and not every supe is bad (just 25% of them or so - or more realistically, 75% are amoral and don't give a crap either way, being bad is just easier, and 25% are decent people).  So how are they going to resolve this show in a palatable way that doesn't kill off the good people?  or do they have some other plan?  

I'm not sure who the 25% of good supes are, but it seems to me that the best way to handle all the supes (good and bad) would be to de-power everyone.  Then we'd be back to all-human status quo, with RL problems (as bad as they can be).  After all, I can't think of any reason why we should keep supes.  It's not like any of them have done anything to save anything, or even help make the world a better place.  They're not even as useful as Batman or Superman, who at least take out badguys. Take away the adoration of the public who play into their megalomania and see what happens next.  

Maybe SB could be the secret weapon.  

• Like 1
On 9/17/2024 at 7:13 PM, ahrtee said:

I'm not sure who the 25% of good supes are, but it seems to me that the best way to handle all the supes (good and bad) would be to de-power everyone. 

That might be an interesting way to end things when the series concludes.
But it also makes one wonder why there never seems to be a group of supes who are actually good and want to help society.
I suppose that wouldn't be as exciting -- but it seems as if it would annoy Homelander and Vought Inc. to have some super-powered people who are selfless and working to help people during natural disasters, etc.
Or someone like Sage who could help to find cures for diseases, resolve middle east conflicts or find economic solutions. (If they are, indeed, the smartest of all.)

The most humane supe on the show seems to be Starlight - and even she seems to to be more interested in being a celebrity than contributing to society.

• Like 2