Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Choice

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Things didn't really go sideways until they found out the twins were literally created out of the force. I would infer that Sol, seeing them the only children and hearing of an 'ascension ceremony' thought they were going to be sacrificed, then went off the rails. The problem with the show is that what I think is a reasonable inference isn't really backed up by anything on screen because Sol's motivations are not earned. Yes, even when they learned that, they still could have handled it better and what happened is largely on them. The other mother was spoiling for a fight; she didn't help either. 

And so what if they were? Again, the Jedi think they are the only ones who can use the force. More hubris. And yes, Osha had doubts, but she was about to go through with the ceremony anyway until they walked in. They were fine until the Jedi showed up. Perfect? No, but it's not a utopian society. I think Indara tried to respect their culture, but that crew was off the rails from first contact.

I do agree that Sol's behavior is ridiculous. He saw Osha one time and was all "that's my padawan!". I don't know how the padawans get assigned but it doesn't seem like she should become anyone's until she gets some training, right?  If freaking Jecki was still training with younglings I damn well think Osha would need to do the same straight outta the galaxy's outer rim before being assigned as a padawan!

And I will be shocked if this show gets a second season.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Again, the Jedi think they are the only ones who can use the force. More hubris.

I would say they think they're the only ones who know how to use the force correctly. Or, they think their way of using the force is the right way. With the 'right to test'. 

They're nothing if not disciplined to their own demise. However, we've had a lot of discussion to the end of some training might not be that bad if only so you're not a danger to anyone. They don't do that though. You go in for training; you're working for them. They needed a certificate program where you can leave after completing your four course sequence. 

I've said before, while the deconstruction of the Jedi is interesting enough, they've taking a beating to the point where it's like Order 66 did everyone a favor, and it's getting kind of tired for me. I don't need everything black and white, but it's been a lot of the one way. 

I think it was a narrative mistake to have Sol go bonkers. I don't need Jedis to be boy/girl scouts, but one out of them needed to be just fundamentally decent.

• Like 2

So is the Power of Many swaying back and forth with a couple dozen of your girlfriends like background extras in a 90's Disney movie musical number?  I get what they were going for with this episode, but really they should have combined this one and the last Brendock flashback episode one long one.

This show is so frustrating.  So much potential, such horrible execution.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, paigow said:

Alternate show formats:

• Acolytes Got Talent - The Golden Buzzer is not always a good thing
  • Acolyte Ninja Warrior - No obstacle jumping but move them with your mind
  • Acolyte Wipeout - The Floor is Lava

I would legitimately watch Acolyte Ninja Warrior and/or Acolyte Wipeout . I do like the idea of the contestant moving the obstacles out of the way with the force. I would like to suggest a change to Acolyte Ninja Warrior. The contestant is moving an object through the obstacle course.

On 7/9/2024 at 7:01 PM, chitowngirl said:

A bitter truth is revealed.

Can you please instruct me how to remove this forum from my notifications? I don't follow it (and actually have never heard of it. ) please?

5 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Can you please instruct me how to remove this forum from my notifications? I don't follow it (and actually have never heard of it. ) please?

If you go to the bottom of the series page you should see something indicating that you are following it.  You can go into that to stop following 

6 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

If you go to the bottom of the series page you should see something indicating that you are following it.  You can go into that to stop following 

Thanks, I just did that and I'm not shown as following.

So then I figured... wth...

I clicked follow, chose 1 weekly notification. Then 2 minutes later, I clicked "unfollow". So fingers crossed.

But yeah, when i just checked now, it showed I wasn't following, but neither was I all last month. I will find out next week.

Thanks for answering.

On 7/11/2024 at 11:02 AM, KeithJ said:

All these Jedi really suck and especially Sol. I really hope the season ends with him dying a horrible death.

He sees the girls training for 30 seconds and then witnesses the witches preparing for a ceremony so that means the girls are in danger?  What if that was just their daily dinner ceremony?

Then, the Jedi just go and break into the witches home. I guess the Jedi are above the law?

I know it was the same scene as before but the whole "The Jedi have a right to test potential padawans" still rubs me the wrong way.  Who exactly gave you that right? Especially on planets not under Republic control.

After a couple minutes talking to Osha, Sol feels she's meant to be his padawan?  Where did this come from?

Mae had ceremonial markings but Osha didn't so again, that means Osha is in danger?  I know Sol doesn't know this but the reason Osha didn't have any markings was because the Jedi interrupted the ceremony (I think even though Osha was reluctant she was still going to get them).

I'm still not really sure why Trinity's padawan took off after getting the blood results.  I know he wanted to go home but what exactly did he think he was going to do?

We've seen all the Jedi not want to use their lightsabers unless absolutely necessary but Sol just ups and murders the mother with his when she turns to smoke?

The best part of this episode was Kelnacca beating the crap out of Sol and the padawan until Trinity came to save them.  But, where did she come from?  She made a point earlier of saying there was no place to land the ship.

Sol must really not be a great Force user either. He should have easily been able to pull Mae and Osha from the bridge but he tries holding up the bridge instead?  It almost seems like he only wanted to save Osha because of whatever silly bond he thinks he has with her.

Sol was 100% responsible for everything that happened on that planet.

I think something to note is that Jedi (much like tha Catholic Church) other force users as evil by default. The training Sol witnessed wasn't exactly benign either. I do wonder if ascension meant some kind of ritual sacrifice. Perhaps uf not for the twins then possibly thier mother's.

10 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

I think something to note is that Jedi (much like tha Catholic Church) other force users as evil by default. The training Sol witnessed wasn't exactly benign either. I do wonder if ascension meant some kind of ritual sacrifice. Perhaps uf not for the twins then possibly thier mother's.

I don't think so because Mae only got the markings, but it could have meant when Osha was ascended the mother did die as part of it. I don't think the kids would be sacrificed because they were created out of the force. I think they were intended to lead the coven. Sol jumping to that conclusion is fair, but it wasn't fairly earned imo. We need to be tipped off. 

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Anybody not killed in the finale returns to Coruscant - with a ludicrous cover story

And season 2 is about the cover-up, but I have no idea who is digging into the story trying to uncover the truth. 

One thing I liked is the title. All the other episodes have dual titles of opposite ideas. This episode, Choice, is the other half of the other flashback episode, Destiny.

• Like 1