Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Please post your suggestions for a header request here. 

Unfortunately, all I can tell you is that it needs to be wider than its height when it comes to size requirement. But @Snazzy Daisy suggested what I think is a pretty good format/size for Lady in the Lake, so maybe Snazzy Daisy has more information on that. 

It looks like the less wider image size is better then. 

As the suggestions come in, please remember that the images aren't adjustable. All I can do is upload it and as far as I can tell, it gets centered automatically. So, if there's any writing in the image and you'd like it to be legible, the writing needs to be centered. 

(I'm highlighting the post for better visibility).

• Thanks 1

It's basically impossible to have an image that works for everyone because of the way the system centers the image. Wider images will look better on most laptop and desktop systems where you have a wide screen (and probably also on phones and tablets if you are working in landscape mode). Narrower images will look better on phones and tablets when working in portrait mode which is how people will usually work on those devices.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Can I request a new header? I have no skills in this area! Grey’s Anatomy needs an update…. TIA

Some title arts for your selection... 😘

Banner - Grey's Anatomy V1.jpg

Banner - Grey's Anatomy V2.jpg

Banner - Grey's Anatomy V3.jpg

Banner - Grey's Anatomy V4.jpg

Banner - Grey's Anatomy V6.jpg

Banner - Grey's Anatomy V5.jpg

Banner - Grey's Anatomy V8.jpg

Banner - Grey's Anatomy V7.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Some title arts for your selection... 😘

I like the one with the skyline and water reflection of the Puget Sound.  Thank you!  🥰

(edited)
On 7/10/2024 at 1:41 AM, CM-BlueButterfly said:

So, if there's any writing in the image and you'd like it to be legible, the writing needs to be centered. 

Yes to this👆!!
— which, sadly, I am not seeing in many of the otherwise lovely banners below.

|     <-- ❣️CENTER THE TEXT❣️ -->     |

One Guide to Forum Thread Header Banner Creation…

This should display on both laptop and phone without key words or pictures being cut off or missing entirely:
The total banner image is the size of the black area
      (here 900px wide X 300px high).
The area in lime green will likely be seen on phones
      (here 540px wide X 240px high).

So, text and essential images should be contained in the area shown in the green color here.
The black area could be fancy or plain, but likely it will not display on a phone.

primetimer-banner-shapes.thumb.jpg.a93f66ffd217e75a98f247154ed091df.jpg

Here's an example, as seen on a laptop:
LOColorBanner.thumb.jpg.951c6903ec2d7e19

…which looks like this on a phone:
             0AD415F4-33BF-4AEB-B814-5C7CC876C17E.thumb.jpeg.be9a90bc48d249475f1072fa17052b39.jpeg

@Snazzy Daisy's banner dimensions also work perfectly on both laptop and phone:

On 7/27/2024 at 8:16 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Dexter: Original Sin 

Banner - Dexter Original Sin.jpg

Banner-DexterOriginalSin.thumb.jpg.46d06

|     <-- ❣️CENTER THE TEXT❣️ -->     |

Edited by shapeshifter
Believe it or not, I was centering the text
  • Like 1

Would it be relatively easy to put the header images at the top of all threads in a topic? 

If so, I was thinking of informally asking in a topic's Small Talk thread whether regular posters would prefer it or not, and then either requesting the header image for the threads, or letting the issue die in committee.

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Would it be relatively easy to put the header images at the top of all threads in a topic? 

If so, I was thinking of informally asking in a topic's Small Talk thread whether regular posters would prefer it or not, and then either requesting the header image for the threads, or letting the issue die in committee.

Before this gets to the informal survey phase, can I weigh in and say that if you do put the header image at the top of all threads, please make it optional/customizable per user.  That image takes up a lot of real estate on my screen, and while they're pretty to look at and I can deal with one per forum, one per thread would be too much for me!

• Like 2

This came up before when I tossed this feature in for kicks. 

Yes, easy to do.

Was not done at the time for the above reason.

Could be done with a cookie toggle like screen width and light/dark and so on. Again, easy.

This is just an info dump, should not be taken as will-happen, might-happen, etc.

• Useful 2

Yeah, I like it on just the forum page. Putting it on the thread would be mostly useless anyway, right? The software situates one to the first unread post, so it would only be seen if it’s a new thread or if one clicks to a next page (which isn’t often for the show forums I tend to inhabit).

• Useful 1

As the fact that the software takes one to the first unread post (and then the first post of the next page if there is one), is an obstacles for the colorful mod notices to be seen, I hope you understand that from a moderator point of view, I'd rather not have anything else compete with the notices. 

If the mod notices can be placed elsewhere I'd be open to revisiting the placement of headers at the top of all threads and making it customizable.