Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Back Where It All Started

• Start Topic

Returning to where it all began as 11 teams start the adventure of a lifetime in Niagara Falls, Ont.; as teams face their first challenges, some get pushed over the edge, others face their fears, and everyone lights up the night.

I liked seeing Niagara events, I always wanted to do the power plant tour so I got to see a bit of it. 

The pair running towards skylon tower was funny. Not the right tower.  

Pairs look good, except for one. 

Kevin and Gurleen, odd to watch. Especially since he was married during Traitors. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Who else yelled out, "cooked" the omelette"! She kept on saying  fried, it drove me crazy.
Dorothy  hasn't  stopped moaning  about her legs hurting,  and she said,  this isn't  for me..
Well you shouldn't  have applied. 
I like the twins, and of course  the couple  with the little  person, he has to run extra steps!
Well done Kevin  and partner.
They all seemed  to be very athletic , but we know that doesn't  always  seem to matter

• Like 1

So glad to see this back on!  I remember Kevin somewhat, did he win his season of BB? Like all the couples, tho only a few really stood out to me, like the guys who lost their money, didn't give up, just kept on running, I think they are the baseball players. 

3 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Who else yelled out, "cooked" the omelette"! She kept on saying  fried, it drove me crazy.
Dorothy  hasn't  stopped moaning  about her legs hurting,  and she said,  this isn't  for me..
Well you shouldn't  have applied. 
I like the twins, and of course  the couple  with the little  person, he has to run extra steps!
Well done Kevin  and partner.
They all seemed  to be very athletic , but we know that doesn't  always  seem to matter

She also said in the talking head near the end that the race was for the “best of the best”….so what was she doing there?   She got shin splints the first time she had to run.  They won’t last long.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wintrygal said:

I remember Kevin somewhat, did he win his season of BB?

Yes the second time he played he won. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I have no idea who Kevin and Gurleen are, but if I have to listen to "baby" and "I love you" every other sentence I may be out. Same with Dorothy complaining about her legs. Sheesh. The comment about taking only the best of the best was hilarious. And obviously not true.

I prefer run of the mill teams as opposed to athletes, and certainly couples like Kevin and Gurleen who apparently are addicted to being reality show contestants. Not sure if I will last the season. Or even outlast Dorothy at this point. Time will tell. 

• Like 3

I loved the trivia question before being checked in.

Dorothy complaining about her legs on the first leg? Hope she goes home soon.

overall, great challenges, liking almost all the teams 

• Like 1
On 7/3/2024 at 2:26 PM, dancingdreamer said:

That was either Taylor or Katie.

For the most part, I like this cast.  It's a strong-looking cast.

Early thoughts:

Kevin & Gurleen: Nice bond and good teamwork, though I can see them being a team in which Kevin does almost everything and Gurleen does close to nothing.  Plus, Kevin, as I've seen from two different BB Canada seasons, is not a nice guy, so don't be fooled by the good (so far) edit that their team is getting so far.

Lauren & Nicole: Cute and (surprisingly) capable.  Physically tough, yet also mentally strong, as shown by the memorization Detour and remembering their Pit Stop question easily.  I have a very good feeling about them.

Michael & Amari: Probably the youngest parent/child team I've ever seen.  But good teamwork, so I see them going a ways if they can keep it up.

Julia & Olivia: What a lovely lesbian couple.  They're so loving toward each other while also working together well.  Hope they last for a while.

Colin & Matt: An alpha-male team who is actually mentally capable, too?  Perish the thought!  They might be a refreshing change on the usual alpha-male team.

Brad & Sam: Getting Steve & Anna Leigh vibes from them (if you watch the U.S. version, you'll know whom I mean), and both am and am not here for it!

Connor & John: Certainly funny guys, and I'm interested in seeing how this version's first-ever little person does on the race.

Taylor & Katie: Strong start, but lost their lead over the memorization Detour.  I can see them being like Kishori & Karishma (again, see the U.S. version) in that they have lots of race knowledge, but they go into tasks without really thinking.

Michael & Tyson: They'll probably be on the dumber side of alpha-male teams.

Dorothy & Olus: As much as I felt for Dorothy about her shins (I've gotten that sort of cold reaction in my own shins before, and it is not pretty), I don't want to hear her whining or crying about it every leg, so if it keeps up, then I will hope for an early exit for them.  Sucks, because Olus seems plenty capable.  But he's stuck with the load that is Dorothy.

Eva & Trystenne: I miss Rita & Yvette.  Now, there was an African-Canadian team that was capable!  These girls were scatterbrained from start to finish.  As a black person myself, why does Canada's version cast such weak teams of my peeps in these more recent seasons?!

• Like 2

I tend to make snap judgments during the introductory blurbs for the teams and pick my top three based on that alone, then I wait for future episodes to show me how wrong my snap judgments were. I often end up rooting for someone other than my initial picks by the end haha. I immediately loathed both teams with the cutesy girls and one is already gone. I did get a chuckle at the fact that both of them were missing all of the eyelashes they started the day with - it was soooo rainy and those extensions are not meant to get wet! That said, my picks were Michael and Amari, Connor and John, and Julie and Olivia. I enjoyed the start, now let's see how it plays out.

• Like 1

I was kind of surprised when Kevin took the balls from another game so he would have twice as many and then told another team they were missing he didn't get a penalty. Sabotaging challenge equipment seems like the kind of thing that would get you that.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I was kind of surprised when Kevin took the balls from another game so he would have twice as many and then told another team they were missing he didn't get a penalty. Sabotaging challenge equipment seems like the kind of thing that would get you that.

I remember in the US version there have been penalties for doing something that affected another team's ability to complete a task. I really expected that is what was happening when John didn't immediately take them in on the mat. Instead it was a question about something they *should* have learned.

On that, I don't think I've ever in all the seasons of ARC and TAR since season 11 seen a "you must answer this question before you may pass" done before.

"blue ... no green"
"african or european?"

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 7/4/2024 at 9:21 PM, zapper said:

I remember in the US version there have been penalties for doing something that affected another team's ability to complete a task. I really expected that is what was happening when John didn't immediately take them in on the mat. Instead it was a question about something they *should* have learned.

Maybe it was because there were so many other games that you could go play instead?

On 7/4/2024 at 9:21 PM, zapper said:

On that, I don't think I've ever in all the seasons of ARC and TAR since season 11 seen a "you must answer this question before you may pass" done before.

That's what I love about TAR Canada - always finding new way to shake up the race and make it more challenging!

• Like 1

Since there is no thread for epi two, I am piggybacking onto epi one. 

Thank goodness Dorothy is gone. After whining last week that her legs hurt, this week she whined that she couldn't feel her legs. I also spit up my water when Jon complemented their positivity on the mat. I think she was positive on the mat because she wanted to leave. No loss to the show. 

I hope Kevin and Gurleen are next. I don't like the way they play, though it was much more amusing watching Gurleen treat Kevin like a toddler having a melt down than their usual honey baby sweetie babbling. 

I don't have a fav as yet, I like all of the rest of the teams. I did love John making it through the horse challenge, and Connor carrying him on his back to the mat. If I have an early fav, it would be those two. 

• Like 6

The right team went home.   Kevin and Gurleen, quite a change from last week, kudos to her for stopping him from trying to trick another team into going the wrong way.  Kevin seems to want to play dirty, hope it bites him in the butt.  Favs right now are the ball players, and the father son team. tho I like all the other teams. I do find of couple of them a bit on the screechy side. 

• Like 6

I’m so tired of reality tv wannabes tarnishing TAR Can. Ugh, you’re not a star and never will be so go away. Although it could be a game to guess what reality show Kevin and/or Gurleen will turn up on next. She seems okay, minus the constant “Babe”ing, but he seems like a terrible person. Time will tell. 

I can’t believe hobby horse dressage is a real thing. It seems so… odd.

I like most teams otherwise. One of my favourite things about this show is seeing places that I want to visit. Or seeing places we’ve been to.

• Like 3

I really dislike Kevin and Gurleen. He wants to play dirty and she keeps saying “ I told you so”. 

The kayak challenge was really tough. I don’t think I would have made it.

• Like 4

Besides Kevin wanting to send another team in the wrong direction, I didn't like him ignoring Gurleen's advice when she is the one from BC and knew what she was talking about.  I hope she dumps him before this race is over.

I agree that the right team went home.  They barely made it under the wire last week and didn't perform any better this week.

Other than Kevin and Gurleen I like all the rest of the teams, with the twins being a slight favourite.

• Like 3

That was a fun leg. If Dorothy  and Olus hadn't  been in the water so long, they wouldn't  have been last. They needed to get either side of the kayak, it's  definitely something we won't  be trying...
I don't  trust Kevin! He's a  snake.
Riding  those hobby horses  is an actual thing, I've seen it online before,  and they take it very seriously.  It just makes me LOL.

• Like 2
  • Love 1