Type keyword(s) to search

Love Island US, Season VI

• Start Topic

I am trying to watch, because I am curious about Ariana Madix hosting.

She’s okay. She looks amazing. But I don’t think this show needs both a host and Iain. They should just rely on the texts to explain what’s going on. Iain is not very entertaining. Maybe they should consider 86ing both. Ariana should improvise, not just deliver her scripted, predictable, boring lines. 

• Useful 1

Glad the show is back for the summer! It has been in the top 5 Peacock shows every day, so seems like it has a good viewership. And it looks like they are doing a weekly interview show instead of the weekly "never before seen clips" episode, which is more appealing to me.

I only know Ariana Madix from hosting random Love Island comps last summer. I like her better than Sarah Hyland, but I still miss Arielle, the OG USA host.

Oh, I just watched on youtube. Arielle is fun! A little goofy, good energy. Doesn’t take everything too seriously.

This show is weird. A new blonde enters. The producers tell her to steal a man. Leah gets upset at the blonde. She actually takes it personally.

I would not be comfortable with all those cheeks hanging out all the time.

I like the camaraderie among the men.

Kaylor is very pretty with a lot of makeup.

• Like 1
(edited)

Three women originally chose Coye. Then maybe three days later, no one chooses him.

They are unfairly giving the women priority to choose the men, more often, in my opinion. 

I think Olivia and Hakeem will be fun. 

Hannah’s “look” is a LOT. The eyebrows, the lips, the dwarf-the-Kardashian curves. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 1

I enjoyed the After Sun show and seeing past Islanders. I am glad AS will replace the "Unseen Bits" episodes. Funny how Iain (have we ever seen him before?) said the segment is now "Unseen Bit" (singular) and alluded to the fact the UB episodes didn't draw as many viewers. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

These women are dumb as hell. Kissing other men and being surprised their "number ones" are annoyed. Also I can't get past all this ridiculously heavy makeup and eyelashes. It seems way worse this season. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

These women are dumb as hell. Kissing other men and being surprised their "number ones" are annoyed. Also I can't get past all this ridiculously heavy makeup and eyelashes. It seems way worse this season. 

Hannah was putting on fresh mascara while preparing for bed!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4

Giving US version another go...

Good tweaks: more silly games/competitions, better casting

Icks: so much make-up! I'm now used to seeing fake lashes 24/7 (its even invaded the UK version) but the amount of caked on foundation & contouring is crazy, especially daytime at the pool. I don't understand it, most of them look better bare faced. Also, why is no one in the pool???

Swim suits & tennis shoes/socks. Even worse when they're black. Gives me serious ick. Give the men some sandals, flips, boat shoes, hell even crocs, please.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, snarts said:

Giving US version another go...

Good tweaks: more silly games/competitions, better casting.

Icks: so much make-up! I'm now used to seeing fake lashes 24/7 (it’s even invaded the UK version), but the amount of caked on foundation & contouring is crazy, especially daytime at the pool. I don't understand it, most of them look better bare-faced. Also, why is no one in the pool???

“Better casting”?!? How ridiculous were they before? 🙃

The contouring reminds me of “paint-by-numbers” from the 1970s.

It would be easy to mistake their conversations for conversations among middle school and high school students.

Rob is very attractive. But he should donate the denim overalls to Goodwill. 

I think it is so lovely that Kordell has tattoos of the names of women who have been important in his life. And I hate tattoos.

Do the producers contractually-obligate them to freak out every time someone receives a text?

This show is one huge commercial for The Hass Avocado Board. 

Ariana’s lingerie was so weird. Sexy, but weird.

The After Sun host is G O R G E O U S. She’s single? Can anyone give me a summary of her season? If she can’t find a partner, there’s no hope for us mere mortals.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Worse. Trust me. I'd watched the UK version for years and the US contestants just seemed to try way too hard or something. Plus, the misogyny was worse. 

The only season I watched until the end was the one with Cely, Johnny and Justine, it was during Covid and there was no UK season that year so I was desperate. They put them on the roof of a Vegas hotel and it was so hot their makeup was running down their face. Tried to watch last season and only made it 2 episodes before I couldn't take it. Hated the cast.

This year, I'm already 7 episodes in and I actually like the majority of them. Chief complaints are the daytime makeup and tennis shoes with swim trunks. Rob is a douche, let the snake tattoo he so prominently displays be a warning. 

Edited by snarts
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, snarts said:

Icks: so much make-up! I'm now used to seeing fake lashes 24/7 (its even invaded the UK version) but the amount of caked on foundation & contouring is crazy, especially daytime at the pool. I don't understand it, most of them look better bare faced. Also, why is no one in the pool???

I agree, they always seem to cake on the make-up but this is too much. Hannah looked adorable that one morning she made breakfast for Kendall. She was fresh faced, with braids and glasses. Much better that the crazy blush she seems to favor.

7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The contouring reminds me of “paint-by-numbers” from the 1970s.

It would be easy to mistake their conversations for conversations among middle school and high school students.

Rob is very attractive. But he should donate the denim overalls to Goodwill. 

I think it is so lovely that Kordell has tattoos of the names of women who have been important in his life. And I hate tattoos.

Do the producers contractually-obligate them to freak out every time someone receives a text?

This show is one huge commercial for The Hass Avocado Board. 

Ariana’s lingerie was so weird. Sexy, but weird.

The After Sun host is G O R G E O U S. She’s single? Can anyone give me a summary of her season? If she can’t find a partner, there’s no hope for us mere mortals.

That's Maura. She was a bombshell on season 5 of LIUK. She caused quite a stir. She was a fan favorite but I personally didn't care for her all that much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
On 6/20/2024 at 5:07 AM, snarts said:

The only season I watched until the end was the one with Cely, Johnny and Justine, it was during Covid and there was no UK season that year so I was desperate. They put them on the roof of a Vegas hotel and it was so hot their makeup was running down their face.

That's the first time I actually watched this series, and since then I keep returning (I'm a masochist). 

I remember being annoyed at the men for blatantly manipulating the gal's emotions. They were laser focused on winning the finale cash 

• Like 1

That was funny. Aaron trying to give JaNa a crash course in plants made me laugh. “You better be right about this s- - -!”

JaNa was very sweet, trying to comfort Leah. But it looks like Leah is going to flip out on JaNa in the next episode.

Hakeem and Liv arguing. Hoo, boy. The women are not coming across very well on this show. JaNa, Hannah and Serena seem more mature and dignified (in attitude, at least). But Leah and Liv are spiraling. 

Most of them kiss with way too much tongue, too much exposed tongue, too much force and too much saliva.

I am rooting for Rob and Andrea mostly because Leah is so unhinged.

Who the heck thinks “Snickers” is the best chocolate candy? Although I was happy Leah identified most with Squidward. Connor doesn’t seem to know or care that he’s flirting into a void. 

Oh! Rob’s celebrity crush is Madelyn Cline, whom Andrea resembles very much!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Most of them kiss with way too much tongue, too much exposed tongue, too much force and too much saliva.

This! Why do so many of the men lead with the tongue? Good kisses start slowly and build. They shouldn't start with someone ramming their longue into your mouth. The noise makes me cringe.

In Leah's defense JaNa was giving her major stink eye when Leah did the right thing by talking to her before getting into with Connor. Did JaNa actually think it was going well with her & Connor or was she just nervous to get dumped?

I actually can't tell is Serena really likes Kordell & she's really a slow burner or if she's stringing him along.

Glad someone came in for Liv. His abs are truly stunning.

Rob in those overalls is giving serious ick.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I generally don’t mind tattoos on people, but Miguel’s terrify me.  A huge eye on each shoulder, and what looks like a grinning goat skull in the middle of his chest.  Yikes, I’d feel uneasy getting intimate while feeling those two extra sets of eyes on me 🙃 

Edited by Kiki777
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 6/22/2024 at 12:50 PM, Kiki777 said:

I generally don’t mind tattoos on people, but Miguel’s terrify me.  A huge eye on each shoulder, and what looks like a grinning goat skull in the middle of his chest.  Yikes, I’d feel uneasy getting intimate while feeling those two extra sets of eyes on me 🙃 

Oh, you’re correct!!! Those tattoos are huge and intimidating!

• Like 1

Maybe all the woman have some sort of auditory issue where they confuse words that sound alike?

Maybe they really mean that they came to Love Island to find a louse not that they came to Love Island to find a spouse.

If so, they have done an excellent job so far....

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Making the Islanders evict one of their fellow Islanders definitely ups the drama. Last night's episode's ending was good!

Spoiler

Let's see if Rob really leaves with Andrea. 

• Like 4

This show is insane. They dragged out the dumping ceremony for an eternity, complete with melodramatic music and lyrics. 

The makeup running willy nilly was hilarious. 

Rob’s eye-rolling and pained facial expressions in general were on point.

Why did viewers vote for Leah and Connor as a favorite couple?!?!

Liv is proving herself to be rather magnanimous and easy-going. She hopes that Nicole might find a deep connection with Miguel? Wow, impressive.

I hate all of Ariana’s outfits. Pepto Bismol pink figure skating-inspired dress was tacky. Don’t get me wrong. She looks very sexy, but the garments themselves are hideous.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The men should be embarrassed by their hypocritical reaction. Yelling at the women for saving their friend JaNa because they're mad that their friend Rob is upset and might leave.

Then...of course Rob didn't leave. All that blustering for nothing. If I were Andrea, that would tell me all I need to know about him.  Well, that and the ever present overalls. It'll be "Andrea who" in less than 24 hours.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Aaron is my favorite of the guys, it’s just so cute how affectionate he is with the other boys, I feel like American guys are afraid to be like that.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Aaron is indeed very sweet. He seems sincere and compassionate. I didn’t watch him on “The Traitors.” Was he the same on that show?

In real life, I would be friends with Aaron, JaNa, Kordell, Kendall, and maybe Liv.

How many episodes will there be? I can’t neglect my police procedurals to watch this silly show indefinitely. 

• LOL 1

OMG, that was ridiculous. I lost any sympathy I had for Andrea after she lost her mind about a guy she met 4 days before. And Rob is just chaos. And all the tears, FFS, this is Love Island. Nobody is leaving and going to prison or being exiled. Good. God. 

Aaron was so OOT but then he goes and hugs and gives "Consie" a peck on his - pec? I can't hate him. He's adorable. 

And Leah making fun of Kaylor for thinking the UK is in Europe. 🤣 I CAN'T. 

I love JaNa, and I'm glad they kept her, because I'm pretty sure Overalls would have gotten bored of Andrea by maybe day 5. He's just playing. I can't get mad because this is all ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Liv is growing on me. She knows how to be a good friend. She’s always supporting others. 

She, JaNa, Serena and Nicole are the prettiest, in my opinion. I don’t know what she’s doing to repel romantic interest. 

• Love 1

Oh Leah. Anyone else see a poor man's version of Emmy Rossum?

That dance game was messy and played with their minds. Nobody wants to be mugged off so the tiniest bit of doubt had them scurrying. 

Sad for Kordell but it was apparent to everyone that Serena didn't have a romantic interest in him. I'm curious to see if the new guy's her type.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Oh Leah. Anyone else see a poor man's version of Emmy Rossum?

That dance game was messy and played with their minds. Nobody wants to be mugged off so the tiniest bit of doubt had them scurrying. 

Sad for Kordell but it was apparent to everyone that Serena didn't have a romantic interest in him. I'm curious to see if the new guy's her type.

I had no idea who Emma Rossum was, but I looked her up and agree. Leah is the haggard, dour version of Emma Rossum. 

The two new guys are not very attractive. The new woman’s eyebrows are…bold. 

It would be interesting if they brought in six bombshells for those who stuck. 

I have never watched any other Love Island season. Is this typically what the producers do to the contestants/Islanders?

The best part is seeing what they do to entertain themselves, without audio. 

• LOL 1
22 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I have never watched any other Love Island season. Is this typically what the producers do to the contestants/Islanders?

Yes, and more. The worst is when they do the twitter challenge and read aloud actual mean tweets from the public and have them guess who each is about. 

Casa Amor should be coming up and it's another total mindfuck. Curious how Kaylor & Aaron will manage, I can see her spiraling. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
On 6/25/2024 at 11:27 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Aaron is indeed very sweet. He seems sincere and compassionate. I didn’t watch him on “The Traitors.” Was he the same on that show?

How many episodes will there be? I can’t neglect my police procedurals to watch this silly show indefinitely. 

Wow, I watched most of the UK Traitors show and did not realize this is the same Aaron! He is my favorite boy.

The show goes for six weeks, so that should take us to the end of July?

11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Do they carry around cell phones just to receive one text every five days?

And to take selfies, of course! :)

• LOL 3
(edited)

Rewatching Rob rolling his eyes, shaking his head “no,” lowering back his head, and sneering several times. Sometimes squinting incredulously. Has this become a meme yet? So funny and melodramatic. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 6/28/2024 at 12:18 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

My Firestick glitched 15 minutes into Thursday’s episode. I am addicted to this stupid show.

But I will only watch this season.

Oh come on, we can fit in one more season. This show is so snarkable. Then in 2025 we'll join a Reality TV Anonymous group.

Edited by Chalby
  • LOL 1
On 6/26/2024 at 12:11 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Do they carry around cell phones just to receive one text every five days?

Yep. See HooDoo...? it's just like in real life, lolol

• LOL 1
On 6/22/2024 at 12:48 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Who the heck thinks “Snickers” is the best chocolate candy? Although I was happy Leah identified most with Squidward. Connor doesn’t seem to know or care that he’s flirting into a void. 

Say what? You are not seriously dissing my fave chocolate bar, are you? That hurt my heart... ;)

• Mind Blown 1

The overalls again? #6th time. Pairing them with Kordell's spidey chain was nice touch 🤮

Why did Cass have to be such a pick me girl? Then again, Connor gives me the ick as well so she really didn't have many options.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

Say what? You are not seriously dissing my fave chocolate bar, are you? That hurt my heart... ;)

I love Snickers, but it’s not my favorite. Heath Bar. 100 Grand. Butterfinger. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.

I don’t ever want to hurt your heart!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, snarts said:

The overalls again? #6th time. Pairing them with Kordell's spidey chain was nice touch 🤮

Why did Cass have to be such a pick me girl? Then again, Connor gives me the ick as well so she really didn't have many options.

That spider necklace sure is a statement piece. And you're right - goes perfectly with the overalls... 🤢

• Like 1
On 6/27/2024 at 9:31 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

WHY DO ALL THE GUYS LIKE LEAH?!?

This is this season's greatest mystery. She must look a lot better in person than on my screen. That nose job is tragic and doesn't fit the rest of her features. She's also a liar and a toilet mouth. Charming.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1