Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Malala Made Me Do It

• Start Topic

72dpi_73310_S2_Ep2_Embargoed%20until%203

After being upstaged by Second Wife at Transcience Fest, things go from bad to worse: a shock eviction leaves the band without a rehearsal space. But a chance lifeline leads them down an unexpected path.

A shock eviction from the bedsit leaves Lady Parts without a rehearsal space and rethinking their artistic priorities; but a chance lifeline leads them to a creative retreat and the creation of an unexpected hype track.

Premiere Date: May 30, 2024        Peacock     

Nobel Peace Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai  

nup_202594_00598_s2_e202-1.jpg

Another fantastic song! I was spoiled for the Malala cameo but it was still fun to see.

I'm surprised we didn't see Saira consider moving in with her boyfriend when she got kicked out of her place. I hope he shows up this season, or at least that his absence is explained.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, krankydoodle said:

I'm surprised we didn't see Saira consider moving in with her boyfriend when she got kicked out of her place. I hope he shows up this season, or at least that his absence is explained.

They broke up at the end of season one. She told him that she loves him, but is too messed up to give him the type of relationship that he wants and deserves.

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, atomic said:

They broke up at the end of season one. She told him that she loves him, but is too messed up to give him the type of relationship that he wants and deserves.

I was disappointed we didn't get a cameo from Abdullah this season.  

I posed this question elsewhere, but are we supposed to assume Amina's father died since they didn't bring the actor back this season?

ETA: Also, if Lady Parts are threatened they could be usurped by Second Wife, they needn't be.  Lady Parts's original of "Basheer" is much better than the cover they performed in the last episode.

Edited by Brn2bwild
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I was not spoiled regarding Malala's appearance and was delighted.  Also, the song was really fun. I liked the use of a twangy country sounds. 

I missed the music as much as I missed the characters.  And I really missed these characters.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2024 at 2:20 PM, atomic said:

They broke up at the end of season one.

Thanks, but darn it I knew I should've rewatched the first season. I was just too excited to get started on the new one.

• Like 2

I remember Amina's fantasy sequences from last season, but the fantasy elements didn't bleed into other characters, did they? Interesting to see little bits of that this season, like Bisma "pausing" her daughter with the remote.

I liked Momtaz doing her best to make things happen, for both the band and herself, and not apologizing for her choices. And I laughed out loud when Bisma worried that she was a people pleaser and Amina instantly exclaimed, "You're a queen!" with that super intense look on her face.

Loved the Malala song!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Doesn't Lady parts have publishing rights over their songs,shouldn't they be making money if another group is singing it?

It seems natural that when the women are alone with each other that Amina and Ayesha take off their hijabs, so I don't understand why Momtaz would still wear her hijab and niqab. In my experience (living in the Mid East), women do not cover when they are just with women.

So happy this show is back, but I am without TV for awhile so will have to find a place to watch it online.

• Useful 2

This was a fantastic episode. The writing is SO tight. I'm amazed at how many of the individual story lines the writers were able to pack into 24 minutes of airtime. 👏 I laughed out loud multiple times, too. 

I LOVED that Amina enforced her boundaries with Noor. That was a great scene. Amina's not a pushover any longer. Noor needs to adjust to that if she wants to keep her friendship with Amina.

I liked the scenes with Ayesha and her new girlfriend. They do seem to get each other. I hope this works out for them. It's interesting that the show has brought socio-economic differences into the mix via this relationship. 

Bisma putting Imani on pause with the remote control was hilarious. If only!

Edited to add: I think it's a good thing that Taz signed Second Wife. Keep your enemies closer and all. Keep an eye on what they're up to. Taz can hopefully guide them toward writing their own songs and not just covering and this can somehow play out as sisterhood, per the manifesto. I originally said in the Ep. 1 thread that I hoped this would come back to bite Taifa, but I actually like the way this seems to be progressing. I hope Taifa is sincere. In a perfect world there should be space for many women Muslim bands, each with their own creativity. 

Edited by ProudMary
  • Like 2